DSR reports fishing on fire this morning

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
dimebrite
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3207
  • Reward points: 0
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/15 15:45:18 (permalink)
yes, definitely a good assumption. i just really start to question myself i guess regarding my posts of reports. i'd hate to think i'm making people go up just because of what i report. please. don't base your trips on me... please, i can't bare to think of the money i have made people waste... lol...
draketrutta
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1577
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/15 16:27:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: metalslayer

Sportsmans is upstream from 2A 

Yes, I noticed that I mixed them up on my list - typed to fast before my brain caught up with me.

Good catch Metal - especially for a guy that never leaves his perch on the rocky outcropping in the DSR... 

Cohookhead
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/15 17:51:14 (permalink)
Dime don't worry about anyone wasteing their money on your reports, if they are foolish enough to cash in on what one says then they should go chase the salmon that run up the Hudson River!! And thanks for the run schedule Drake!!! Now these same people will be following me around!!! LMFAO!!

Stress is just one hookset away from being gone.
mxdad66
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 751
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/15 21:00:01 (permalink)
Oswego should be getting almost prime.Gonna make a few swings Sat. am.
eagleed
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 425
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 09:30:44 (permalink)
Hey don't knock the Hudson River Salmon run.  It has been kept secret for many years and I wish you had not mentioned it!  Nice Atlantics and Kings with three eyes and no gills in the feeder streams all along the river.

Eagle Ed

P.S. Actually the Hudson River has some nice trout, walleye and smallmouth bass fishing if you know the upper river!

ORIGINAL: Cohookhead

Dime don't worry about anyone wasteing their money on your reports, if they are foolish enough to cash in on what one says then they should go chase the salmon that run up the Hudson River!! And thanks for the run schedule Drake!!! Now these same people will be following me around!!! LMFAO!!
pafisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3000
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 10:17:55 (permalink)
And don't forget the stripers in view of NYC.
ORIGINAL: eagleed

Hey don't knock the Hudson River Salmon run.  It has been kept secret for many years and I wish you had not mentioned it!  Nice Atlantics and Kings with three eyes and no gills in the feeder streams all along the river.

Eagle Ed

P.S. Actually the Hudson River has some nice trout, walleye and smallmouth bass fishing if you know the upper river!

ORIGINAL: Cohookhead

bigbear2010
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 859
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 14:15:35 (permalink)
it makes sense that the DSR would inflate their reports

$40/ person or what ever the daily rate is now, they would be crazy not to advertise(and their medium is internet fishing site reports sections)

nothing personal, just bussiness
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 17:12:26 (permalink)
hudson gets great striper runs... good eating fish too surprisingly because they are primarily ocean inhabiting fish. that would be awesome if they had kings that ran that river. with the technology these days, i bet they could make it work... i bet there was a time when atlantics ran that river. atlantics supposedly ran as far south as maryland many 100's of years ago before white man came here and ruined everything
mxdad66
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 751
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 20:02:42 (permalink)
I'll take 1 Atlantic to 100 mud-sharks anyday!!!!!!!
hot tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6388
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 20:47:37 (permalink)
Stripers a secret ?? Yea back in the 70's when we would fish them but since the late 80's no way.. It gets way more anglers then the SR during salmon season.. just more room to spread out..

I have tried for a very long time to perfect catching stripers on the Hudson & tribs (which is called home) on a fly. My goal was to offer a service for that.. Let me say , very difficult to do with consistency.. I have managed a few and still keep trying every year but do not wish to just take peoples $$ without a reasonable success.. Once all the people come out I head to the mountains :)

One on a fly :)

These are the Hudson river secrets ... And still on a fly..

Nice glove

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
metalslayer
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 689
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 20:47:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Sportsmans is upstream from 2A 

Good catch Metal - especially for a guy that never leaves his perch on the rocky outcropping in the DSR... 

Or so u think--typical pinner

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/16 22:09:46 (permalink)

Comeon Metal, you want me to put up a Google Earth image of your Wednesday morning rock?

Yup, I spin a pin on the coldest winter days.

But the rest of the time I use a fly outfit...

Unlike you, mine is loaded with fly line -vs- 40lb test mono.... LMAO

not like it matters much, just sayin.....

retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 01:01:08 (permalink)
Those salmon of hundreds of years ago ran in the Connecticut river too. They tried re stocking a few years ago with very poor results. The atlantics need COLD water like in Nova Scotia or Northern Maine. Even then they are few and far between now. Thought my arm would fall off casting in Scotia for them and went brookie fishing instead ( great). The mouth of all the S rivers were full of those now protected seals whos main purpose in life is killing salmon.
 Take a peek at our average temps a few hundred years ago and you will see the real reason they are gone.
metalslayer
Expert Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 04:31:52 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: draketrutta

Comeon Metal, you want me to put up a Google Earth image of your Wednesday morning rock?

Yup, I spin a pin on the coldest winter days.

But the rest of the time I use a fly outfit...

Unlike you, mine is loaded with fly line -vs- 40lb test mono.... LMAO

not like it matters much, just sayin.....

Again--try to get ur facts straight--not like it matters much.

dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 06:34:09 (permalink)
retired: the salmon river ny is actually named after it's once abundant run of atlantic salmon. you are right with river temps, but those fished vanished way before climate warming. they vanished from overharvesting and logging mostly.

Tuna: have you tried central jersey shore for stripers on the fly? yes it gets a lot of pressure. but i do know some anglers who use both fly and spinning depending on how far out they are, and they do pretty well. and at certain times they do fish alone...
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 10:42:13 (permalink)
Hey Dime,
 If I recall my salmon history of the Great Lakes correctly they all vanished because a blight of some kind. It may have been lampreys but I seem to recall some sort of disease that really finished them off in ALL the lakes. Thats why they started stocking years later. In fact after the stocking started biologists doing research on the succuss or failure of the stocked fish were surprised to find that there were still a small number of natives in some of the remote rivers up north. They had thought they were completely gone.
 I fully agree that mans presence had something to do with it in some cases but thats not why the natives dissapeared.
  In any case what we have now is GRRRREAT
chartist
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 925
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 12:13:01 (permalink)
I thought the town pool seemed awfully warm on Tuesday.....There were Cohos jumping all around me but none would bite....I don't know if the jumping action was due to a warm water temp and the fish were distressed or that the pool was loaded with fish.
pafisher
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 12:35:44 (permalink)
They were jumping to avoid all the goons trying to lift them.
2Bonthewater
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 651
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 13:21:37 (permalink)
NICE CARP !!!!!

www.2bonthewater.com
FINLESSBROWN
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 18
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 15:18:11 (permalink)
Agreed-
If you read between the lines, they're reporting that the fish are moving through. That's a good thing for us who cant rationalize parting with $45 bucks to fish the DSR, and are up river...

Duck the chuckers-
chartist
Expert Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 15:24:29 (permalink)
I saw some lifting attempts on the tressel pool......Guys flinging 1  oz chunks of lead and a hook....No semblance of fly or bait....just a hook....do they need salmon that badly?
pafisher
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 15:53:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: chartist

I saw some lifting attempts on the tressel pool......Guys flinging 1  oz chunks of lead and a hook....No semblance of fly or bait....just a hook....do they need salmon that badly?

What you saw from what you describe is illegal to fish with,the DEC will nail them sooner or later and I bet those goons were Russians.
chartist
Expert Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/17 16:42:40 (permalink)
Yes, this particular goon I saw was indeed a russian.......
emal7717
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 09:41:29 (permalink)
What I witnessed at DSR will make you sick.

Wife and I went to Pulaski on Thursday morning. Lots of rain, but the water was steady, Friday and saturday were wonderful autumn days to be on the river.

I positioned myself at the top end of the DSR property line by the black hole.

Not 50 yards below me were about 75 A-HOLES fishing the DSR with a guy in a RED shirt who works for DSR.

They were shoulder to shoulder across the river in a U-Shape with the guy in the Red shirt at the top. The fish would run up and they would rip SNAG the fish. If the fish would get close to the guy in the red shirt, he would begin banging on some metal thing he had with a big stick so as to drive the fish back down.

These guys wernt fishing, as they had 50lb test on short rods, ripping the line back snagging the fish.

I watched one guy leave with 9 steelhead, and a couple salmon. I saw two other guys take out and keep 24 fish between them, mostly coho, but 6 or 7 steelhead. all of those guys kept a minimum of a double limit of fish!

This is the kind of scum that fishes the Douglaston Salmon Run, and the low lifes that support them by telling everyone to go there.

Also learned that many of the reports from DSR are by trolls who work for DSR, and all they are doing is making money off the illegal activity!

I told my wife that we wont spend another dime in Pulaski as long as this activity is tolerated.
metalslayer
Expert Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 09:54:44 (permalink)
Ummmmmm OK.

chartist
Expert Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 10:01:57 (permalink)
Sorry Emal, but that story seems seriously unbelievable. 
draketrutta
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 11:02:44 (permalink)
The last time I visited the Little Black section of the SR (several years ago), there was a bench on the island, much like the ones you will find at a bus stop or city park, built entirely from flat river rocks - armrests, backrest, the whole shebang.

I found the workmanship and attention to detail quite remarkable.

Most likely it fell victim to subsequent high water events.

Darn shame if you ask me.
emal7717
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 78
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 11:13:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: chartist

Sorry Emal, but that story seems seriously unbelievable. 

Chartist, you can choose to believe it or not. Trying to get the video off my phone to post on Youtube. Since you support DSR so much, YOUR COMMENTS ARE EXTREMELY SUSPECT!

I think you said that you also went to Ludington? well you dont see this kind of scumbags with the kind of attitudes as I saw on the DSR!
retired guy
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 12:17:57 (permalink)
Having been up a few times fishing this year the only thing I get out of that story is that there were  lot of fish. What river were they in.
dimebrite
Pro Angler
RE: DSR reports fishing on fire this morning 2010/09/19 12:27:17 (permalink)
emal... if that's what you saw, it was definitely people not affiliated with DSR. a lot of people do sneek in and slaughter fish. there have been times when 200 plus people have invaded the place and slaughtered fish. i will say though, that i don't even believe what you're saying anyway. how old are you? you sound like a child... if you're so anti DSR and salmon river, STOP GOING. this forum is really starting to sound like my 3 year old son's preschool classroom. how could they even think of doing something like that with out getting caught. possibly it's just a joke and some one was wearing a red shirt just to bash DSR. but in my opinion, i think alot of other people would be right behind me in saying f*#k off to you. go complain somewhere else...
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to: