AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
  • Reward points: 0
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 11:38:21 (permalink)
There was a time that they used NO modern technology, but I think their way of life is eroding as well.

Yes. I have mixed feelings on that, as its the same thing that's been happening to the native americans for centuries. It's just a matter of the existence of 2 societies, side-by-side, that are, for all intents and purposes, mutually exclusive. The one key trait of any society to endure is adaptability. Cease to adapt, and you're setting yourself up for failure as a society. This example of modernization from the amish is a matter of these few sects assimilating, ever so slightly, into mainstream culture. Love it, hate it, it's a simple fact of life.
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 13:38:12 (permalink)
Cold, I agree, I see some resemblance in practices....

Amish Redneck.......

English Redneck.......

runtgetter
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 72
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 14:13:48 (permalink)
i see these guys at chatauqua lake keeping white perch and silver bass MORE POWER TO THEM!but keeping 3 inch crappies is just disgraceful.to all the deer shootin bastards, dont trip on your rifle while im in the woods i wont see you.it is so bad that just a few game hog amish screw up the whole image of them.i personally know a few and like them very much, and i  personally hate a few.will they in burn in a fiery inferno forever for keeping 13 inch walleye?i dont know.i hope.but when i pull up to the boat launch in the sky i know there will be a few there.and i f i pull up to the lake of fire down below i know i will have amish company. -- tight lines and shoot straight
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 14:21:18 (permalink)
I think they tend to draw a label faster than most. It's probably true that a higher percentage of them keep fish illegally, but there's something to be said for the facts that 1) they tend to attract a little more attention than another non-amish dude with a beard and a hat, fishing, and 2) its easier for us to apply a label, because it volunteers itself. Its far easier to say, that AMISH dude, than to say, that dude...over there...in the blue boat...

And once you see it time after time, its a small stretch to label them all.

There's plenty of non-amish guys that do crummy stuff like that too...but its harder to find ways to identify them as different from the rest of us.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 16:01:59 (permalink)
But never has one served or died for our country and it's freedoms. Excempt from war...
They will not even fly the American flag on their home...
Stand up citizens there...Lets ask my 3 Uncles who all did multiple tours in nam what they think about that crap...A scab is scab is a scab.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 16:41:13 (permalink)
The Daily American with the Tribune past Sunday said they were migrating away......

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
worm_waster
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 528
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/27 18:39:28 (permalink)
Maybe they catch all these fish and shoot all of these deer because they aren't spending all of their time on the internet whining about it.  They are out doing it.w_w.

If it has fins and gills, I'm there.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: