AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Author
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
  • Reward points: 0
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:05:56 (permalink)
They have just as much right to fish and keep fish as we do.

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:06:51 (permalink)
NOLIMIT IN PA..YOU GUYS DON'T REALLY KNOW THE AMISH, BELIEVE ME..KNOW OF A FAMILY THAT SHOT 70 DEER, 4 SONS AND A DAD, ALL LEGAL , 80% IN PA, BUT WHERE ARE THERE ETHICS..WHATS ENOUGH..I HAVE KNOW AMISH FOR 30 YEARS, AND NOT ALL ARE HOGS, BUT SOME ARE OUT OF CONTROL WITH KILLING. THEY GO TO ALLEGHENY COUNTY AND SHOOT FAWNS WITH SPOTS IN SEPTEMBER, WOW, THATS REALLY BEING A SPORTSMAN..

Don't blame the Amish for killing all the deer. Blame our own PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION --they are the ones who are encouraging it and are issuing the tags.
steelheadfillet
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 298
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:08:15 (permalink)
and believe me,they are going to read this because they all have computers and internet service.
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:08:31 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: S-10
Don't blame the Amish for killing all the deer. Blame our own PENNSYLVANIA GAME COMMISSION --they are the ones who are encouraging it and are issuing the tags.

lol.....But it's okay now....They are going to do an audit on the population....lol.....What a joke...

RhnstnCowboy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2583
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:09:35 (permalink)
The Amish I have run into while fishing have been nice. However, on these few occasions I did notice that they kept every single fish they caught regardless of size or species. I watched an Amish kid fish for about an hour one day. I was wading around casting and every time I glanced over, he was putting a fish in the bucket. Bass, panfish, trout, etc.

"Part of being a Leftist is the smug conviction that you and people like you are smart, while everyone else is stupid and/or evil"
- T. Fleming
Texcobb99
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 451
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:10:52 (permalink)
The only tax they are exempt from paying are social security taxes.  They are also exempt from social security benefits.  Isn't that what Bush was trying to do before Obama got elected?  They believe GOD will take care of them in retirement, so refuse to pay insurance on retirement income.

Don't get me wrong....I don't agree with there harvesting practices, both with logging, fish and game.  Most law enforcement shrug their shoulders and turn the other cheek when they come off the lake, or out of the woods.  They DO keep everything, no matter size, sex, age, etc.  I guess it's just too hard to enforce, or fight.  I personally don't like it.

If I would have asked what everyone wanted, they would have responded that they wanted a better horse....Henry Ford
steelheadfillet
Expert Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:13:35 (permalink)
they dabble in all kinds of money making ventures, puppymills was the current topic on world news.
look in the newspaper,see puppies for sale with "No Sunday Sales" thats them.
I wonder if they pay taxes on that?
post edited by steelheadfillet - 2009/07/21 17:15:09
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:14:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Texcobb99
  They DO keep everything, no matter size, sex, age, etc. 

What's the problem with keeping all the fish they catch???? I can Gaurantee that they eat them all and they are not going to waste....In their eye's, that's why God put fish on this earth, for them to eat. Same thing goes for game. Food is what they are concerned about....And Food is what they harvest...

steelheadfillet
Expert Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:16:36 (permalink)
The steelhead were put in Erie by man. Walleyes in Pymy were put there by man with your license money.
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:19:18 (permalink)
So, do they or don't they need a license? I've already started my beard, so I'd like clarification before I spend the money on a hat.

Not that there's much humor in this post (so far) but a few weeks ago my wife and I were driving along and passed an immaculate corn field with a young amish woman in a blue dress dutifully hoeing between the rows. My wife looks at me and points out the obvious difference in appearance between their corn field and my corn/weed field. So, of course, I said "I guess all I need is a hoer in a blue dress"...... wife didn't see the humor, go figure.
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:21:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: steelheadfillet

The steelhead were put in Erie by man. Walleyes in Pymy were put there by man with your license money.

Who said I buy a license???

pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:24:27 (permalink)
I know an Amish phrase:

F*** Thee

youngguru
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 681
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:27:31 (permalink)
enywon haV enY pituRes of aMish chiks /

stRayt amisH mUnchR
Texcobb99
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 451
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:30:22 (permalink)
I wasn't talking about just fish, all game.  Let's talk about Mosquito Lake.  There isn't a restriction on Walleye size, but I have a problem when they take and keep 8 inch Walleyes.  Buddy of mine has a camp on the shore, we have seen it countlessly.  They are constantly getting caught making multiple trips in the same day, and keeping multiple limits.  I wonder how many don't get caught?

Many more examples, but I don't care to get into it.  They live off the land, and yes illegally fish and hunt, therefore they really put a hurting on the natural resources. 

If I would have asked what everyone wanted, they would have responded that they wanted a better horse....Henry Ford
pghmarty
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:30:38 (permalink)

post edited by pghmarty - 2009/07/21 17:34:24
pghmarty
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:31:35 (permalink)
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:33:20 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: youngguru

stRayt amisH mUnchR

STEALYS4ME
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1443
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:35:35 (permalink)
We pay for a fishing lic, and a hunting lic, and they laugh at us for it.  They laugh the whole way to the bank.  They kill there food and save a ton of money what a joke
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:43:03 (permalink)
If they could just practice a little conservation it would go along way..

Many of us here do alot of fishing and throw a lot of small fish back to catch another day.

When you see the meat wagon I call it..10 men on a pontoon boat leaving a swath of death 30' wide every drift it kinda has a tendency to **** off the fishermen that do practice a little C&R..

If we all as a society harvested our game and fish the way they do we would be done hunting and fishing in a couple years..Our game and fish populations couldn't sustain that kind of pressure...

I understand right now the amish communities are hurting...Many of the mills around here are closed..
If they aren't worken and they are hungry our fish and game are going to take a serious hit...

I'm looking out the window at my neighbors there are 11 of them, That's 22 straight up deer tags..So till you fellas come down and hunt this neck of the woods don't even begin to defend it's legal they can do what they want..Yes it's legal but when there are 6-10 households just like that on the same square of ground you live on it makes a big difference, there are 4x more tags than deer....Makes it tough....

I got good money that says if they were to invade the walleye grounds on Erie and some of you fellas got a taste of your honey hole gettin raped you might not have as much respect for their legal harvest practices...

To quote Eggy(mabee he's guiding them)

"Bible says God put these critters on this planet for our use and I never read anywere it saying we had to be ethicaly sporting to get them."

post edited by bingsbaits - 2009/07/21 17:49:52

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

youngguru
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 681
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:48:20 (permalink)
tEll thEm to cum to neWyRk

i muNch ther womEn an thaY nVr cum baK
gerintEEd dUUd

nASStyboY
andrewpack4
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 48
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 18:22:42 (permalink)
I live in Lancaster PA which is the center of the Amish population in the US and there's really no way to generalize the whole group as "fish hogs" or killing all the deer they see in or out of season. They have people that  legally buy tags  and licenses and those that don't and shoot fawns with spots just like there are are non-Amish who do and do not. Some don't believe that they have to comply with those laws to get their food connsidering thats one of a few ways they choose to get it. Plus, most Amish families live on acres of farmland and woods where it is easy for them to walk into the field and knock out 2-3 deer a day. This isnt right but thats one reason they do it. just cant generalize because a lot of them follow the law.
16506fish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 433
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 18:59:11 (permalink)
look at lake welhelm(spelling) ... theres a perfect example of a great crappie lake ruined by these individuals... and i'll leave it at that...had a hard time not adding some creative words in there towards them
Angler3
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 120
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 19:06:01 (permalink)
hope the game commission knows what has to be done to compensate the high rate of fish taken by the amish lol. sucks if things slow down for the poeple who pay the license fee, and abide by the laws and regulations. i understand the amish rely on game as a major food source, i just hope things dont get slowed up.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 19:31:29 (permalink)
Well, you can always send them to Highland Park

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 19:51:29 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

I got good money that says if they were to invade the walleye grounds on Erie and some of you fellas got a taste of your honey hole gettin raped you might not have as much respect for their legal harvest practices...

Go stand at Conneaut Ohio Boat ramps for a day....They are there in full force.......

Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 20:38:08 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mountian Man

Oh no you DIDN'T!

I just have one nagging question: in places other than Pymy, like KPD, where limits and size minimums DO apply...WHY aren't they being cited? It would soon get far more expensive than doing things the legal way, in spite of the free fish. If the WCOs just 'let them go' even though they're doing things illegal, there needs to be more attention brought to the matter. Like several have stated, we all pay for licenses, and part of the understanding is that if you fish the state's water, you play by their rules. If they're doing the former, and not the latter, they need to be taken to task for it, not pitied because "the amish community is going through a tough time". Check the market data, nobody is exactly having a boom period right now.

Nobody forces them to live the way they do. Its a choice. If my religion refuses to live with the modern convenience of a credit card, does that mean we can write the store an I.O.U. and take whatever we like? No, of course not. You cant just take what you want from society and ignore the things that dont benefit you directly.

Itd be interesting, though, to see the amish and the russians get in a battle royale in the walnut parking lot over the stopsign hole! It'd be like braveheart meets the fight scene from anchorman.
STEALYS4ME
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1443
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 20:54:53 (permalink)
IMAO... That would be one hella of a fight

ORIGINAL: Mountian Man

Oh no you DIDN'T!

I just have one nagging question: in places other than Pymy, like KPD, where limits and size minimums DO apply...WHY aren't they being cited? It would soon get far more expensive than doing things the legal way, in spite of the free fish. If the WCOs just 'let them go' even though they're doing things illegal, there needs to be more attention brought to the matter. Like several have stated, we all pay for licenses, and part of the understanding is that if you fish the state's water, you play by their rules. If they're doing the former, and not the latter, they need to be taken to task for it, not pitied because "the amish community is going through a tough time". Check the market data, nobody is exactly having a boom period right now.

Nobody forces them to live the way they do. Its a choice. If my religion refuses to live with the modern convenience of a credit card, does that mean we can write the store an I.O.U. and take whatever we like? No, of course not. You cant just take what you want from society and ignore the things that dont benefit you directly.

Itd be interesting, though, to see the amish and the russians get in a battle royale in the walnut parking lot over the stopsign hole! It'd be like braveheart meets the fight scene from anchorman.
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 21:00:48 (permalink)
let me just tell you my background with the amish, been to their weddings, barnraisings,frolics, funerals, and taxied them for years, they are good people, they just have to be competative in all they do, like who catches the most fish, kills the most deer, best bow shot, ect,, the list goes on, the only problem i had or have with them, they kill and catch more than they can eat, they don't throw anything back over 6 inches and have fished out many big lakes, Shenango, Lake Glendale,Lake wilhelm, and pymie if possible will be next..prior mentioned lakes you could catch ton's of crappies and now ask those who fish them what they catch now..once a lake or woods is noted for deer or fish, they swarm there til they are all gone, nice people, but this is the way their parents brought them up..they are not "sportsman in any sense of the word"  again, not all are like this, just like us english,we have people that do the same..NO limit on panfish in Pymie..one other thing, i know they have been busted by fish and game many times, they don't walk, i know 1/2 short bass in kahle got em busted and many other time..they get no prefered treatment to my knowledge and you wco's can back that up if you are on this board..
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 21:30:44 (permalink)

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Steelin4Fun
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 60
RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 22:06:23 (permalink)
If they are on Pymie they might be from Ohio. Ohio has a lot of Amish. Plus I don't think you have to display your fishing license on your person if you are from Ohio.  ...."Anglers must have their license in their possession while fishing and must show the license to anyone on request." Taken from http://www.ohiodnr.com/wildlife/dow/regulations/fishing_licenses.aspx
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 2 of 5
Jump to: