Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
  • Reward points: 0
2009/07/21 13:31:32 (permalink)

AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE

AMISH NAVY...YOU GUYS EVER SEE THE AMISH ON A WEEKEND AT PYMIE, I HEAR THEY TAKE THOUSANDS OF CRAPPIE/BLUEGILLS, ANY SIZE..EVERY WEEKEND..THEY ARE FISH HOGS, LIKE THEY ARE DEER HOGS, I KNOW FOR FACT ONE AMISH GUY HAD 109 CRAPPIES/GILLS ONE DAY AND WAS THROWING THEM ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE THE COOLER WAS FULL..SHOULD PUT A LIMIT ON CRAPPIE BEFORE THEY FISH IT OUT.

126 Replies Related Threads

ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 13:34:03 (permalink)
    Are they breaking the law?

steelheadfillet
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 298
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 13:50:40 (permalink)
    yes
    ShutUpNFish
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3834
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 14:21:12 (permalink)
    How?

carcus1211
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 457
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 14:40:03 (permalink)
    get em Paul!!!! lol

LoveGlove United
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 14:45:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

How?

I'm guessin' it has something to do with horsepower.....
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1867
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 14:50:39 (permalink)
    They are stashing them in their beards.....That's unlawful...

mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:05:29 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: 270wbmag

AMISH NAVY...YOU GUYS EVER SEE THE AMISH ON A WEEKEND AT PYMIE, I HEAR THEY TAKE THOUSANDS OF CRAPPIE/BLUEGILLS, ANY SIZE..EVERY WEEKEND..THEY ARE FISH HOGS, LIKE THEY ARE DEER HOGS, I KNOW FOR FACT ONE AMISH GUY HAD 109 CRAPPIES/GILLS ONE DAY AND WAS THROWING THEM ON THE FLOOR BECAUSE THE COOLER WAS FULL..SHOULD PUT A LIMIT ON CRAPPIE BEFORE THEY FISH IT OUT.

Would you consider yourself racist?
    I would hate to think you are judging amish people by a few you have dealt with. I, for one, have had good experience with amish sportsman.

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
    http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
    mikeg
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2533
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:06:16 (permalink)
    By the way, there is a limit on crappie.

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
    http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
    Cold
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 7358
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:16:14 (permalink)
    Isnt there a 50 fish limit?

When does Amish season open?

EDIT: dammit, mike beat me to it. Also, I hope none of the amish who read this are offended, it was meant in jest.
    post edited by Cold - 2009/07/21 15:17:09
    Indian Summer
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 167
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:18:45 (permalink)
     I HEAR THEY TAKE ....

Key words... "I hear" or "I heard"

Always the beginning of a highly educated guess.

Not sure but I heard ShutUpNFish was ****. Plus I know he catches too many fish. But I eat some of them so I don't mind. Maybe you would feel better if you went to an Amish fish fry. Git yerself an Amish chic and have fish for life. 

Horsepower.... that's there is funny!
    post edited by Indian Summer - 2009/07/21 15:23:02
    bulldog1
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5203
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:22:43 (permalink)
    mikeg, I have dealt with alot of Amish professionally and personally. You will find that they are much like the rest of us, some good some not. Don't assume that they're any different than the average person you would meet.

I will say that I can understand (not necessarily agree with) 270's view. Granted it's not against the law and makes little difference to me, but I've seen them on local lakes with stringers full of 3" crappie. They told me they grind the whole fish up and make fish patties out of them. I do believe that they could put a serious hurtin' on some fisheries. Again, it's legal and it's a free country (or used to be) so until something changes they can have at it.
    Indian Summer
    Avid Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:26:34 (permalink)
    Ditto BD.... nothing different about Amish people. Pretty sure there are others slaying panfish too. Better carpenters than me I know that and I ain't half bad. Emanuel Erb at Conneautville Canvas makes the best roofs and boat covers and for a better price than the "temporary" ones. 

Wouldn't it be great if they were after sheephead and white bass on Erie though
    post edited by Indian Summer - 2009/07/21 15:29:36
    free spool
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:35:05 (permalink)
    Unfotunately you are not correct Mike. If you have a valid Ohio license you can keep as many as you want. Heres the link:

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/dow/regulations/fishing_pymatuning.aspx
    BIGSLICK
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1867
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:35:51 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Indian Summer

Emanuel Erb at Conneautville Canvas makes the best roofs and boat covers and for a better price than the "temporary" ones. 

Yes, I have had him make 2 boat covers for me and they are hands down the best!

gizmos
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1190
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:40:07 (permalink)
    Pa. 50 crappie/50 gills.... or am I wrong ?

Eat what you catch,troll for cows.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:48:09 (permalink)
    If you have a valid Ohio license you can keep as many as you want.

Wives/cousins or fish?

free spool
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:49:40 (permalink)
    Now thats funny right there!
    270wbmag
    Expert Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:52:05 (permalink)
     NOLIMIT IN PA..YOU GUYS DON'T REALLY KNOW THE AMISH, BELIEVE ME..KNOW OF A  FAMILY THAT SHOT 70 DEER, 4 SONS AND A DAD, ALL LEGAL , 80% IN PA,  BUT WHERE ARE THERE ETHICS..WHATS ENOUGH..I HAVE KNOW AMISH FOR 30 YEARS, AND NOT ALL ARE HOGS, BUT SOME ARE OUT OF CONTROL WITH KILLING. THEY GO TO ALLEGHENY COUNTY AND SHOOT FAWNS WITH SPOTS IN SEPTEMBER, WOW, THATS REALLY BEING A SPORTSMAN..
    KJH807
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4863
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 15:54:13 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: 270wbmag

NOLIMIT IN PA..YOU GUYS DON'T REALLY KNOW THE AMISH, BELIEVE ME..KNOW OF A  FAMILY THAT SHOT 70 DEER, 4 SONS AND A DAD, ALL LEGAL , 80% IN PA,  BUT WHERE ARE THERE ETHICS..WHATS ENOUGH..I HAVE KNOW AMISH FOR 30 YEARS, AND NOT ALL ARE HOGS, BUT SOME ARE OUT OF CONTROL WITH KILLING. THEY GO TO ALLEGHENY COUNTY AND SHOOT FAWNS WITH SPOTS IN SEPTEMBER, WOW, THATS REALLY BEING A SPORTSMAN..

what hole/bridge did you crawl out of???

and will you go back?
    steelheadfillet
    Expert Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:05:52 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ShutUpNFish

How?

because they dont buy Pa fishing licence.
    Last I checked,its illegal too harvest fish from Pa waters without one.
    Big Tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1882
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:24:15 (permalink)
    Pymy has no limit on panfish,it a shame,but if they got lips and a tail they take them home.They keep any short fish eyes,bass what ever. I watched a Pa. warden check several boats for this and that ,but turned the other cheeck when they came in.If you own land NEVER let them log it,after they ripped you off,they will try to get hunting rights and desimate the herd,I had a little honey hole for deer on the Pa.,Ohio border,they log it and the land owner gave them hunting rights,they shot over 60 deer,if its brown its down.Back in the 70's I icefished Wilhem for giant gills over 9 inches that didn't last too many year,they would hit it twice a day,and take double limits,they can mess up a good thing fast.
    Indian Summer
    Avid Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:25:09 (permalink)
    Really? You've seen a bunch of these people all fishing without licenses? How do you know if they are Amish, Menonites, or Quakers? I guess it doesn't matter. They're all the same right and they don't dress like us. 

I guess since the rednecks are making meth they can afford to buy one and obey the law. I bet all politicians hunt without hunting licenses though like****Cheney 'cause they don't make that much.

I know plenty of paleface deer hogs while we're on the subject of ethics. They don't tag them all either. Probably United Methodists most of them. Jesus. Woops....... 

For the record..... all Italians aren't short tempered either. Those Croatians are though. They drink too much like the Irish. LOL

Now those orientals.... they're the ones cleaning out all the fish and giving the Amish a bad name. They just do it at night so you don't know. Their girls are hot though so it doesn't bother me. Again..... git yerself one and have fish for life and you'll feel better. They don't have fish fries though. They eat it raw so you may wanna stick with the Amish ones.  

Look up stereotyping and get back to us.
    post edited by Indian Summer - 2009/07/21 16:31:31
    Rapscallion
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1597
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:28:10 (permalink)
    Nice post. While it may be in poor taste to classify a certain type of people as "bad" based on the observations of a few, it is no better to classify a certain type of people as "good" based on those same observations. Still attempting to decipher how the original statement was racist.
    ORIGINAL: bulldog1

mikeg, I have dealt with alot of Amish professionally and personally. You will find that they are much like the rest of us, some good some not. Don't assume that they're any different than the average person you would meet.

I will say that I can understand (not necessarily agree with) 270's view. Granted it's not against the law and makes little difference to me, but I've seen them on local lakes with stringers full of 3" crappie. They told me they grind the whole fish up and make fish patties out of them. I do believe that they could put a serious hurtin' on some fisheries. Again, it's legal and it's a free country (or used to be) so until something changes they can have at it.

STEALYS4ME
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1443
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:37:46 (permalink)
    hale to the blue army lol...........
    steelheadfillet
    Expert Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:50:35 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Indian Summer

Really? You've seen a bunch of these people all fishing without licenses? How do you know if they are Amish, Menonites, or Quakers? I guess it doesn't matter. They're all the same right and they don't dress like us. 

I guess since the rednecks are making meth they can afford to buy one and obey the law. I bet all politicians hunt without hunting licenses though like****Cheney 'cause they don't make that much.

I know plenty of paleface deer hogs while we're on the subject of ethics. They don't tag them all either. Probably United Methodists most of them. Jesus. Woops....... 

For the record..... all Italians aren't short tempered either. Those Croatians are though. They drink too much like the Irish. LOL

Now those orientals.... they're the ones cleaning out all the fish and giving the Amish a bad name. They just do it at night so you don't know. Their girls are hot though so it doesn't bother me. Again..... git yerself one and have fish for life and you'll feel better. They don't have fish fries though. They eat it raw so you may wanna stick with the Amish ones.  

Look up stereotyping and get back to us.

actually I grew up in Titusville. I knew all the amish and none purchased license.
    they harvest the land deer,turkey,grouse,pheasant and a number of other critters.
    fish are thier favorite,Oil creek is fished the day they stock it.
    Don B
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 126
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 16:52:27 (permalink)
    The only place I've ever seen Amish fishing is at Keystone Power Dam. I think they are not required to buy a license. The times that I was there, I saw every fish they caught, no matter what size or species go into a bucket.

A guy told me they decimated his camp, and miles around it, up near Pymy, by putting on drive after drive and killing every deer for miles around, reguardless of size, season, age, or sex.

They do it for food only though, so I do feel for them, but there should be some kind of restrictions. All our hunting and fishing licenses go for deer and fish management/stockings. There should be some say so to their harvests, reguardless of religious exemptions. Those game/fish basically belong to all Pennsylvanians.
    fryem
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 122
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:01:16 (permalink)
    I see "amish" purchasing fishing licenses all the time...so they must know the law one would think. Also are the amish born natural fishing machines since they can clean out a lake in no time?
    They sure as hell have not decimated the LM bass population at wilhelm which they fish all the time...tournaments with the unintential delayed kill probally account for more dead bass then the amish would be my guess. plus in 7 plus years of weekly fishing wilhelm and Pymatuning I have yet to see a Dutchman with a boat load of walleyes I would also be willing to bet that a biologist or fisheries manager would would recommend keeping a bunch of small bluegills from any body of water anybody want to email the local fish manager for a answer on that.
    Lets just take the fish hog thing one step further I have yet to see a dutchman aka amish cleaning out a trout stocked stream in mercer county but have seen a few englishmen catch and keep more than 5 trout.

All of my brief experiences with the Amish are positive & freindly for all you "blue army" bashers what are they better fisherman than you that you need to blame them for poor fishing. 

As closing comment yes the Amish need to follow the laws 50 bluegills that is the daliy limit...but I personally have never seen a amish man with a bucket of of more than 50 gills in my estimation let alone a bucket of bass or walleyes       
    steelheadfillet
    Expert Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:03:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Don B

The only place I've ever seen Amish fishing is at Keystone Power Dam. I think they are not required to buy a license. The times that I was there, I saw every fish they caught, no matter what size or species go into a bucket.

A guy told me they decimated his camp, and miles around it, up near Pymy, by putting on drive after drive and killing every deer for miles around, reguardless of size, season, age, or sex.

They do it for food only though, so I do feel for them, but there should be some kind of restrictions. All our hunting and fishing licenses go for deer and fish management/stockings. There should be some say so to their harvests, reguardless of religious exemptions. Those game/fish basically belong to all Pennsylvanians.

Why do you feel for them?
    they dont pay taxes,are shrewd business men and probably have more money stashed then most of us.
    270wbmag
    Expert Angler
    RE: AMISH NAVY AT PYMIE 2009/07/21 17:04:26 (permalink)
     SOME OF YOU POSTERS EITHER NEVER HUNTED NEAR THEM OR FISHED BY THEM, I HAVE , NOTHING LEFT, NOT A RACIST, JUST FACTS, THEY SHOOT DEER AND GIVE THEM AWAY, THEY ARE  GOVERNED BY THE SAME LAWS WE ARE, THEY HAVE TO BUY LICENSES, SURPRISED SOME OF YOU THINK THEY ARE EXEMPT, WAIT TIL A VAN LOAD OR TWO COME TO YOUR FAVORITE DEER AREA , THEN YOU WILL SEE..ON AMISH GUY SHOT 18, FACT, LAST YEAR AND BROTHER ONLY HAD 16 SO HE SHOT 2 ILLEGALLY TO TIE HIS BROTHER, NOW THATS BEING A SPORTSMAN..
    Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
    Jump to: