X-Bows given preliminary approval

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Author
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
  • Reward points: 0
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 10:57:11 (permalink)
dpms

I read through my reponse to Shawn a bunch of times.   Archery is a way of life.    Nowhere, did I compare myself, archery hunting, or anything to another person or another pursuit.  I DID say, I'd be changing where I hunt if the hunting gets to the point where it's impossible to see deer, because of others being in the woods to a higher degree than now.  I also said, driving deer and still hunting is not wrong, but I'd move if I saw an increase of it in archery.

I certainly am not finding where I made an elitist statement.  If you interpret it that way, I think you got a bone to pick with me.  I think you're just waiting for a chance to jump at me on this forum.  It's quite obvious.  I've watched you make senseless posts on other forums that pertained to more ME, not the actual subject ..  just like this here. 

btw... Shawn is or has been a "still" hunter, so I was not sterotyping.  And I better cover my****again...  nothing wrong with still hunting, but I'll move on if I see a bunch of it.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 13:14:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

what a silly statement ----

Keep in mind, archery season is an experience, archery is a way of life, it does not come around once a year, it's here all year, and it's not defined as shooting and it's certainly not killing.

Then what do you call it when you climb down and find a dead deer with your arrow in it ??????

Did you/your arrow not kill that animal ?????????????

What do you call it when you "launch" your arrow at a deer ??

Everyone I know calls it shooting a bow ?????

I will agree that it appears there are a lot of guys not killing deer this year in archery .. they are wounding and loosing them !!!!!!

Where do you see all the guys wounding deer???  Only seen a couple on here. Not bad for as many archers as there are..

Why call someones ideals silly?? He didn't try to impose them on you orany one else.. Mabee that's the way he feels about archery...

Your as bad as a politician. You only see and hear what the PGC feeds you and they are not always right...

You toe the company line and that is it..If you would disagree with them once in a great while it might add some credibility to some of your comments..As they are now you just spout rhetoric from the PGC bible you seem to have in your shirt pocket...

Why don't you address any of my questions about the mentor program? Do you not have a pamphlet to see what your opinion is.

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 13:27:08 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: SilverKype

I certainly am not finding where I made an elitist statement.  If you interpret it that way, I think you got a bone to pick with me.  I think you're just waiting for a chance to jump at me on this forum.  It's quite obvious.  I've watched you make senseless posts on other forums that pertained to more ME, not the actual subject ..  just like this here. 

Not watching for chances to jump or pick bones,  just an objective observer.  Don't understand where you think my posts are senseless.  I discuss facts from personal experience as an archer and more recently one who uses a crossbow every now and then.  Also, having hunting in the SRA for as long as they existed, my experience there should carry some weight.

It is senseless when one discusses the characteristics of a weapon they have never hunted with or discusses what would happen in this state if crossbows were legalized for all if they have no hunting experience in the SRA.( not saying you haven't hunted with a crossbow or never hunted in the SRA)

They has been alot of misinformation from both sides and if you follow my posts here and elsewhere I have called posts out that are factually incorrect on both sides.

I agree that archery is a way of live but not anymore so than a rifle hunter or a trapper.  Everyone has there vice and yours is no more important than soemone elses.  The intent of my response is to point that out not only to you but to others that the bottom line is we are all hunters and should support each other.

My rifle is a black rifle
Deadbolt401
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3029
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 13:36:10 (permalink)
I haven't read this except for last few posts.

I've heard of a lot of deer going wounded and not being found this year. 8 that come to mind quickly.

It's a shame, but what can you do?

And my opinion on crossbows, why not let em in?

Same distance as a bow, just easier to use.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 13:52:37 (permalink)
As for wounded deer check out huntingpa.. lots of guys over there talking about the ones they lost... one guys has even lost two bucks !!!!

Three guys that come in the store have each lost one so far....

just repeating what I hear and read on message boards and from other hunters....

as for this --

Why don't you address any of my questions about the mentor program?

I must not be reading that thread what questions would you like my opinion on....

#1... I strongly disagreed (and told the PGC and members of the BOC that) when it came to allowing mentored youth to shoot a buck of any size.. let them shoot a doe !!!! 

The over all idea is a great one,

this year I must have been talking to 4-5 guys who had NO IDEA they could take their 10 year olds out into the woods to hunt...they were really excited and several have had them out for squirrel...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2008/10/30 13:54:58
sugarfuzz12
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 527
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 14:07:29 (permalink)
loosing a deer in archery season happens alot more than ppl think on the farm next to the one i hunt every year they loose at least one and manytimes more than one and one of the 2 ppl that hunt the farm use a xbow and couple of years ago he wounded 3 before he got one and both of these guys are good shots
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 14:21:45 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dpms

Not watching for chances to jump or pick bones,  just an objective observer.  Don't understand where you think my posts are senseless.  I discuss facts from personal experience as an archer and more recently one who uses a crossbow every now and then.  Also, having hunting in the SRA for as long as they existed, my experience there should carry some weight.

It is senseless when one discusses the characteristics of a weapon they have never hunted with or discusses what would happen in this state if crossbows were legalized for all if they have no hunting experience in the SRA.( not saying you haven't hunted with a crossbow or never hunted in the SRA)

They has been alot of misinformation from both sides and if you follow my posts here and elsewhere I have called posts out that are factually incorrect on both sides.

I agree that archery is a way of live but not anymore so than a rifle hunter or a trapper.  Everyone has there vice and yours is no more important than soemone elses.  The intent of my response is to point that out not only to you but to others that the bottom line is we are all hunters and should support each other.

It's senseless for one who has never hunted with an xbow to discuss its characteristics?

yikes!  Talk about an elitist statement.

And where did I say archery was more important than someone else's hobby? .. or that my hobby was more important than another.  Did I compare archery to anything else?  I must have missed it.  I think I said I'd move on if my hobby was affected negatively by xbows.

btw.. because someone else is a hunter doesn't mean I'm going to support them. 

gobyking
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1195
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 14:47:02 (permalink)
Bing, I think the wounding of deer has gone on way back. Just now, you can't post on a website and tell everyone on the planet who wants to looks your success or frustration, not just word of mouth now. And besides, why would you want to tell all your friends the deer you didn't recover, the internet is impersonal. Anyone who says crossbows will reduce the un-found, injured deer, and/or wounded deer lines are kidding themselves.

They are all arrows flung from a string and lose energy over a distance. Now I am not going to get into the discussion of distance or if it is really a bow because it is already cocked.

But I would think Indians had the same problem to a much smaller extent before us white men got here.
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 15:05:16 (permalink)

It's senseless for one who has never hunted with an xbow to discuss its characteristics?

yikes!  Talk about an elitist statement.

btw.. because someone else is a hunter doesn't mean I'm going to support them. 

Like I said, maybe you have shot them and hunted with one, I don't know.  I get a kick out of those who want to discuss the hunting aspects of crossbows without ever hunting with one. 

Far from elistist.  That is like calling a mechanic elitist because he or she gets a kick out of someone with no experience with cars talking about what the best gear ratio is.   

Anyway, I will support all hunters that are ethical and follow the regulations.   Sorry to hear that you may not support a peer because of the weapon they choose to carry.  

gobyking
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 15:30:24 (permalink)
I suppose if I never shot a muzzleloader then I am not qualified to speak upon it then. I still have it concurrent in archery season, though. Not a big deal to me to type 5 pages worth of argument. Did that happen when they proposed it?

DPMS,Silverkype, and Dr Trout all have there agendas/beliefs and nothing will change their minds. We have to read through your posts to see your position.

PS I have read most of your posts on the other site about the current crossbow issue, you guys keep discussing it like lawyers or elected officials staunch in your positions which is admirable.

No offense, just what I have taken from both sites.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 15:35:42 (permalink)
So, did you "got a kick" out of yourself discussing the matter, before you bought one?  At what point did you become qualified to do so, or loose your "senselessness"?    The purchase?  First shot?  First deer?  yikes!!  I won't discuss xbows anymore, cause I don't own one.   LOL  Not a very good comparision btw..  Because someone has no experience with cars, may mean they don't know much about gear ratio's, but that doesn't mean a hunter who does not own a xbow, doesn't know the aspects and characteristics of one. 

Did you really hear me say I don't support a peer based on hunting tool they carry or did I say "because someone else is a hunter doesn't mean I'm going to support them."

That was a generalized statement.  If I wanted to say I don't support a hunter who carries a xbow, I would have.  I hunt with a few infact.   Talk about being "subjective."

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 19:00:26 (permalink)
I think if you read some of the crossbows threads you'll find on more than one occasion I mentioned all the wounded and lost deer mentioned over there.... 

as for me in over 50 years of deer hunting I wounded and lost 1 deer and that was in archery . It was a good hit.  I just lost the trail in the thick slashing it ran into... and it was the last time I even thought about a shot of over 35 yards.

And I'm sorry but I'll never understand how a rifle hunter could lose a deer after hitting it with a bullet from a high power rifle ????

I know it happens... I hear guys talk about it and have found dead deer in the woods after the season is over

As for AR working  just because the one area I choose to sit at on opening day is not a place bucks travel does not mean they are not there... I see them with my camera, scouting trip, in the field at night etc etc... I also see them hanging on the meat poles at the neighboring camps and hear stories of the ones guys saw that day in the woods "back there"....

We hear talk of tradition.... well it's sort of my tradition to sit in that Hemlock Grove and harvest a deer on opening day year after year.. call it what you want but I'll not call it anti anything....

Those guys are trying to get help on what to do, because they are not sure 

anyone not sure of how to track a deer has no business in the woods in the first place especially in archery season.........
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 20:42:59 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: gobyking

I suppose if I never shot a muzzleloader then I am not qualified to speak upon it then.

You certainly can but I would not question the performance of one in a hunting situation if I did not have personal experience with one. 

Discussing the season or the impact of or sharing the woods with them is all good. 

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 20:45:48 (permalink)

DPMS,Silverkype, and Dr Trout all have there agendas/beliefs and nothing will change their minds. We have to read through your posts to see your position.

I used to be against crossbow inclusion in archery about 1-2 years ago.  But as have found out through researching the issue with an open mind I am finding out that there is not much to be afraid of.  So yes, minds can change.

I am still not full bore pro-inclusion but leaning that way as of now.

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 20:52:36 (permalink)

So, did you "got a kick" out of yourself discussing the matter, before you bought one?

Did you really hear me say I don't support a peer based on hunting tool they carry or did I say "because someone else is a hunter doesn't mean I'm going to support them."

Sorry man but when I was strongly against crossbow inclusion my arguement was concern for the resource, season length and changing hunting tactics.

Don't recall debating the performance of one in a hunting situation before I bought one.

And yes, you chose your words wisely, and that is the comeback I expected, but the meaning of the statement as it relates to this discussion is clear.

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 20:56:09 (permalink)

but that doesn't mean a hunter who does not own a xbow, doesn't know the aspects and characteristics of one. 

Well then why don't you educate the president of the UBP on the aspects and characteristics of one?  He has made alot of claims that are easily debunked in the woods. 

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 21:00:31 (permalink)
anyone not sure of how to track a deer has no business in the woods in the first place especially in archery season.........

What about all those 8-12 year olds, busy moms, busy dads, are they all expert trackers..You just put them in the woods next year...

Deadbolt401
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3029
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 21:01:50 (permalink)

I think if you read some of the crossbows threads you'll find on more than one occasion I mentioned all the wounded and lost deer mentioned over there.... 

as for me in over 50 years of deer hunting I wounded and lost 1 deer and that was in archery . It was a good hit.  I just lost the trail in the thick slashing it ran into... and it was the last time I even thought about a shot of over 35 yards.

And I'm sorry but I'll never understand how a rifle hunter could lose a deer after hitting it with a bullet from a high power rifle ????

I know it happens... I hear guys talk about it and have found dead deer in the woods after the season is over

As for AR working  just because the one area I choose to sit at on opening day is not a place bucks travel does not mean they are not there... I see them with my camera, scouting trip, in the field at night etc etc... I also see them hanging on the meat poles at the neighboring camps and hear stories of the ones guys saw that day in the woods "back there"....

We hear talk of tradition.... well it's sort of my tradition to sit in that Hemlock Grove and harvest a deer on opening day year after year.. call it what you want but I'll not call it anti anything....

Those guys are trying to get help on what to do, because they are not sure 

Hey now, I had no Idea how to use a climber, or track let alone gut a deer.

How else are people supposed to learn?
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 21:31:21 (permalink)
Deadbolt.. maybe I am not undersdtanding  this ---

Hey now, I had no Idea how to use a climber, or track let alone gut a deer.

Do you mean you went out bought a climber took it into the woods without ever  using it, no one ever showed you how to use it.. you never saw anyone use one... ????

You never read or saw anything on tracking wounded deer .. just went into the woods "cold turkey" and figured you'd learn IF you shot one ???

Same goes for the gutting.. no idea what to do you just went out to try to harvest a deer and take a chance on on the job training ??

A guy was sitting there typing about a "missing" wounded deer at 8pm at night with rain in the forecast for later and the next day ... thankfully replies stated he should be out there looking not typing...

I realize deer will be lost... my arguement was based on folks saying crossbows would add even more.....  that is not true at all... the weapon does not cause lost , or wounded deer.... it's the hunter....

It's guys who have not practiced enough, not practiced from a tree stand, rush their shot,  or... and probably the #1 reason --- 

take shots that are not ethical shots to begin with...

checkout some of the successful archery hunt photos on the internet... check where the "hit" was about half are not hit in the vital heart and lung area... again.. not the weapon's fault...

with 6 weeks to harvest a deer too many just let fly and do not worry about it that much... why else would someone make a point out of showing their lack of skill in  either tracking or hitting a vital area... ??

I guess I just get upset when I read where archery hunters think they are better than any other hunter or have any more rights than any other hunter...

I can never recall hunters being split so much...

the deer wars has a big split..  pros and cons with the PGC..crossbows... Sunday hunting... and keep in mind the in-lines will be next to divide us even more...

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 21:48:36 (permalink)
Dr. Kraut i see you like to ignore posts you have no answer for. So I will call you Dr. Kraut because you leave a sour taste in my mouth...You said crossguns would bring in new hunters new hunters don't know how to track deer. So which is it???
Solution to all our problems is posters and leases. Micro manage our own deer herd. Then the Pgc can pass any silly law they want...It won't apply...

Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/30 21:56:40 (permalink)

I can never recall hunters being split so much...

Your post is a perfect example of why we as hunters are so divided.  You have stereotyped archery hunters in the worst way.  You give the impression that we are out "flinging" arrows at deer.  Kill the stereotypes and maybe hunters can be united once again.  These people that may have wounded a deer this year in archery and fessed up to it did the right thing, they asked for help.  Not everyone is an expert in every aspect of the hunt.   

Like any other method of hunting, in archery there will be wounded game.  It is part of it, not the pretty side of hunting but, it is an inevitable aspect.  Regardless of weapon choice, the same people will continue to take unethical shots and would game.  By the same token competent hunters will take good shots that may be condition to some variable and will wound game.  To re-iterate; any weapon available to hunters will contribute to wounded game.   

I have come across plenty of firearm hunters who do not have a clue when it comes to ethics.  Just about every year I find a deer or two locally that was gut shot with a slug and never recovered.  Sadly enough I know/heard about plenty of other gun hunters will not even attempt to recover a deer if it doesn't drop in sight.  

People taking unethical shots is not a concern with the possible addition of crossguns to archery to me, that will continue to happen with any weapon.  My stand is that it takes away from archery hunter and it is NOT by any means reasonable to consider a crossgun archery equipment. 
post edited by Esox_Hunter - 2008/10/30 21:57:33
gobyking
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 03:05:09 (permalink)

I suppose if I never shot a muzzleloader then I am not qualified to speak upon it then.

You certainly can but I would not question the performance of one in a hunting situation if I did not have personal experience with one. 

Discussing the season or the impact of or sharing the woods with them is all good. 

I am not against the crossbow inclusion. I am against it being used for the majority of the archery season. I do understand it is currently in use in 2B where I hunt, but do not think it is feasible in the other areas with lesser population of deer numbers. I would hope the BOC and the PGC would start it out at a 1 week inclusion, not sure what they think is the right time. My opinion is they should try it statewide if they approve it in the first or second week of November during the rut when deer are running all over.

I would not be happy with a full inclusion.
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 06:05:01 (permalink)
I'am not in favor of crossbows for all the reasons that have been stated----however----It wasn't so many years ago that the same arguments were being made against the compoundguns and the same arguments were just as valid then as now. The only difference is now there are less deer which means still more pressure on the ones we have.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 06:51:06 (permalink)
esox..
you wrote..

Your post is a perfect example of why we as hunters are so divided.  You have stereotyped archery hunters in the worst way.  You give the impression that we are out "flinging" arrows at deer. 

I did not stero type anyone... and I repeat for the tenth time...

I was responding to all the people saying that crossbows are going to increase wounded and lost deer....  I was mearly pointing out that this year there seems to be already more than average wounded and lost deer being reported....

To say all , or even a majority of archers are "flinging arrows" is not what I said or have ever said...

The majority are good ethical hunters and take pride in not just there harvests but their methods and limits they place on themselves...

You yourself went on to agree about wounded and lost deer are a part of hunting... I just do not ever want to see it get to a point that that becomes a norm or an accepted practice... If you hit the deer you have a moral obligation to recover that deer... if the hunting community accepts wounded and lost deer as an okay thing.. more and more will not follow up on their shots and more will take "risky" shots...

And as for all this  -----  they are just asking for help.....

just what kind of help do they want....  I have not read anywhere  where one is asking folks to come help....

most, if not all, are sitting and typing on their computers instead of being in the woods looking.....

It gets dark you have not recovered your deer...

#1.. you go to a phone and call the PGC and tell them you are going into the woods after legal hunting hours to recover a deer.....

#2.. you follow their instructions on what to do next

#3.. you try to recruit some extra eyes to help look. you search as long as it takes to find the deer....

Your other choice is to go home and wait until the next morning to start your search..

No one was asking HOW to track a deer,

they were all saying they were waiting.... but to me ... they were all asking permission to be sitting at a computer typing insteads of searching .... IMHO

sorry if you young guys think that is bashing these guys, but I would never be home typing at 8 or 9 pm while a deer I shot was somewhere in the woods doing I do not know what... suffering, dead, crippled, being eaten by a coyote or bear ?????? 

Maybe at three or four in the morning I'd quit but not just after an hour or two...  sorry I guess it's all in the way you were taught and brought up.......

Lost and wounded deer give all deer hunters a bit of a black-eye with non-hunters..... and it is the #1 reason I do not shoot over 35 yards with a bow and not over 100 yards with a rifle...and NEVER AT A MOVING TARGET.... 

I have nothing against anyone who has practiced and is "at least good" at shooting longer ranges...  the folks that have never taken those difficult shots and still try ... IMHO are not true sportsmen... and are only worried about a kill not the overall image of hunters or hunting.....

as for bing.. 
I try to avoid your questions, most of the tinme I have no idea what your question is... PLUS you already have the answer you want to hear or believe... so why waste time replying. My opinion (or others) that differs with yours just gives you a reason to challenge or make an insult  rather than respond with facts.. just like the Dr Kraut remark...  replying is a waste of my time ... IMHO....

and you are free to disagree....

so I'll stop replying to you 100%

Is there an ignore button on this board ??????
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2008/10/31 06:54:49
dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 07:20:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

What about all those 8-12 year olds, busy moms, busy dads, are they all expert trackers..You just put them in the woods next year...

Good point Bings and one I have not thought of.  After all, a deer shot with a crossbow is tracked the same way one is with vert. Hmmm....

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 07:24:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Esox_Hunter 

People taking unethical shots is not a concern with the possible addition of crossguns to archery to me, that will continue to happen with any weapon.  My stand is that it takes away from archery hunter and it is NOT by any means reasonable to consider a crossgun archery equipment. 

An objective post Esox, much different than one a page ago.

Anyway, how does a crossbow take away from a archery hunter and why is it not archery equipment?  Is it primarily the drawing in the presence of game thing?

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 07:44:01 (permalink)

So, did you "got a kick" out of yourself discussing the matter, before you bought one?

Sorry man but when I was strongly against crossbow inclusion my arguement was concern for the resource, season length and changing hunting tactics.

Don't recall debating the performance of one in a hunting situation before I bought one.

And yes, you chose your words wisely, and that is the comeback I expected, but the meaning of the statement as it relates to this discussion is clear.

Really?   No, not really.  More subjective interpretation from you, as expected.  If I am so against xbows, why would I willingly hunt with folks who use them?

Because you don't know what you're talking about. 

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 07:56:32 (permalink)

You don't recall?

Let me refresh your memory about you discussing the aspects and characteristics of the xbow.

On June 2, on huntingpa you started a post called "The crossbows future here."  How about the three "survey results" threads???  4 threads about xbows in in five days.  And that's before you bought one.

On July 22, you made a post "I did a bad thing."  .. which clearly states you just ordered one.

Seems to be you get a kick out of yourself.  Quite an elitist statement to say that one who doesn't own an xbow shouldn't be talking about the aspects/characteristics.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 07:59:58 (permalink)

but that doesn't mean a hunter who does not own a xbow, doesn't know the aspects and characteristics of one. 

Well then why don't you educate the president of the UBP on the aspects and characteristics of one?  He has made alot of claims that are easily debunked in the woods. 

Because I don't own one, therefore I'm not qualified to speak about them. 

dpms
Pro Angler
RE: X-Bows given preliminary approval 2008/10/31 08:04:21 (permalink)

You don't recall?

Let me refresh your memory about you discussing the aspects and characteristics of the xbow.

On June 2, on huntingpa you started a post called "The crossbows future here."  How about the three "survey results" threads???  4 threads about xbows in in five days.  And that's before you bought one.

On July 22, you made a post "I did a bad thing."  .. which clearly states you just ordered one.

Seems to be you get a kick out of yourself.  Quite an elitist statement to say that one who doesn't own an xbow shouldn't be talking about the aspects/characteristics.

You forgot the important part of those posts, my concerns for the resource, tradition and shorter seasons.  Again I asked for input from those concerned about the issue and I learned from them. 

I then bought a crossbow to explore the characteristics for myself so I could discuss the hunting and shooting aspects of one.

Nothing more than that which has been my position all along. 

Your grasping man.

Anyway, if you want to discuss the crossbow objectively and it's impact, lets do it.  The divisiveness your wish to continue does no one good.
post edited by dpms - 2008/10/31 08:05:20

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 8
Jump to: