Introductions and The Meeting Ground

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
Author
REEL FORCE
  • Total Posts : 552
  • Reward points: 0
2008/07/01 16:33:11 (permalink)

Introductions and The Meeting Ground

Introduce yourself here if you're a new member. Also post here if you're looking for a fishing partner or have an open seat.

163 Replies Related Threads

bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/01 20:11:03 (permalink)
    Hi my name is Brian, and i have a drinking problem LOL ... oh wait, wrong place  ...

Live in Greene county, I'm 35yrs old, NO kids, but we have 3 dogs that get treated better than most kids do LOL  My wife works with 2 different dog rescues, and is a realtor (if anybody is looking to sell or buy) hint hint LOL.

Besides my big passion of fishing, i am a huge NFL fan (Go Cowboys !!!!) Ride motorcycles (wife does too), like shooting my hand guns, love BBQ & beers !!! And just hanging out out home with my wife & dogs

I'm like 99.9% C&R when it comes to fishing ... here is a list of my best catches ...

-Striper 38" / 23lbs
    -LMB 23"
    -SMB 19"
    -Pike 40"
    -Perch 15"
    -Crappie 14.75"
    -Walleye 24"
    -Pickerele 23"
    -Carp 36"
    -Brown Trout 19" (stream)
    -Laker 25"

I work for a building material distributor in the capital region, going on 16yrs there. Not bad, close to home, easy hours, ok pay.

Other than that i am just an easy going country boy. Life is short, so have fun !!!!

Peace !
    BB

backin79
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1582
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/01 22:21:41 (permalink)
    lol green county? no wonder! lol just kidding , you must get alot of bites out of the canonvilles reservior? west brach ? alot of nice ponds for brookies too there! alot of steep grade!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 798
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/11 12:48:56 (permalink)
    Jimmy here...

I'm an ecologist for a worldwide environmental non-prof (Audubon International) and fish everyday...

Yes, everyday... 

When you're a 33yr old bachelor like me you can stay up late, drink beer for breakfast, and fish all you want...

I've got a little house on Snyders Lake in Rennsselaer County, NY and my little fishing boat is docked about 30ft from where I lay my head each night...

If anyone ever wants to come over for bass (SMB and LMB) and walleye- look me up...

My driveway turns into my own boat ramp...  Hard to beat...

I fish 'my' lake every evening after work and then get out to fish other local waters on weekends...  Having grown up in Niskayuna, the Mohawk between locks 7 & 8 is one of my faves...  The burgers at Jumpin' Jacks help that decision quite often...

Other weekends are spent in the Adirondacks with a map, full tank of gas, and my 14ft Starcraft on the trailer behind me...  Destination often unknown until I get there...  Thats the beauty of the ADKs...  Want big trout?  No sweat...  Want big pike?  No problem...  Big Water? Small Water?  Rivers?  Creeks?  Crowds?  Solitude?

Whatever you want- Warren, Hamilton and Essex Co. have 'em...

These pics might typify my routines:

The Front Yard:

My Everglades Days (eight years as a National Park Ranger):

The Mohawks Finest Prize Fighters:

post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/07/15 10:41:17

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/11 13:05:54 (permalink)
    Sweet, got a fellow deadhead on board. I may have to take you up on the invite on "your" lake.

Doug here. I work as a chemical plant operator. I suck in toxic fumes all day, so be patient with me if I ever act strange.

Love all types of fishing, but walleye are my favorite.

Grew up in Westchester County. Came up here for lower property taxes, and my wife's job. We have a 2 year old daughter.

Been to about 200 dead shows, which also may explain my strange behavior.

I own a 16ft starcraft with a 40hp mariner. Like I've said earlier, all are welcome to join me. Unfortunately, my crazy work schedule along with family duties only allow me to get out fishing once or twice per week.
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/11 14:27:24 (permalink)
    Doug- if my photos posted you'd already be on your way here!

A Jerry fan and Starcraft owner...  Kindred spirits indeed...

I've already been deeply involved in a "How many heads on this site" discussion on another forum and you'd be stunned how many of us are still out there...  Cracks me up, really...  At 33, I was one of the youngest to chime in...

Jerry lost his finger on a camping and fishing trip with his family as a kid...  Apparently his father was quite an angler...

You're welcome here in North Greenbush anytime you wish...  Where are you at these days? I've tried to upload some pics but this site can't handle regular sized files too easily...  And I just can't resize everything...

REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/11 23:05:02 (permalink)
    Welcome abord Jimmy - you'll find a great bunch of people here ...
    HookLineSinker
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 322
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/12 08:53:21 (permalink)
    Jimmy, I'm in Clifton Park. Spend most of my days on the Mohawk as you can tell by most of my posts.

You're def. one of the youngest heads around. I'm not far behind at 38.

We'll definitely have to hook up for some fishin'.
    post edited by HookLineSinker - 2008/07/12 08:54:46

When hell freezes over, I'll fish there too.
    New York Yank
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 479
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/12 13:21:00 (permalink)
    Hiya Jimmy-  I'm in Rensselaer Cty also, welcome aboard!  My cousin lived on Snyders Lake up til a couple years ago when he got married.  Beautiful spot.  
    Myself- I work at for the Postal Service in Albany, evening shift. Married, 2 teenaged kids, boatless.  I will fish for whatever is biting whenever.  I ice fish in the winter, fish for trout in April, stripers and shad in May and bass/walleye/pike from June til winter. Maybe a little Salmon River action mixed in there too.
    Not a deadhead but I sure hung out with a lot of em. Groovin' with nature, thats how I roll too. More of a Beatlebum or an Alice-in-Chains-head.
    Anyway, enjoy the board, great bunch of guys. 
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/12 14:01:00 (permalink)
    Hey all, i'm russell, I live in East Greenbush, and i fish for trout year round, as well as all other spiecies i can catch, working on getting a 14' aluminum rowboat for the 9.9 johnson we've got. Got, a coleman crawdad w/ minn kota endura 55 lb thrust with huming bird 565. I'm go'in in to my sophermore year and im always looking for new spots to fish. I wana hunt walleye next  

My bass rods are an allstar casting rod and a kistler spinning rod, both with pfleuger reels.
    My backups are falcon lowriders. with pfleugers or garcia reels.
    bassinbrian
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 902
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/12 14:16:09 (permalink)

Here ya go Jimmy  
    mohawkriverdang
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/12 15:44:47 (permalink)
    Nice snook dude . I aint no dead head but I can feel the music when I'm in the right state of mind . HUGE Floyd fan . wish I was born a decade earlier so I could have seen them more . I'm kinda new up in hera . ya see I reformatted my PC and added some stuff . Lost all my interweb stuff . So had to create a new account . Whateverthough . Added a G and restarted anew . 
    Glad to see some new faces around here though . Welcome fellas .
     Wipe off your feet and dont pee on the seat . The beers in the back . 
    REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/12 15:52:46 (permalink)
          Dang ...... 

Welcome to all the new guys .... 
    post edited by REEL FORCE - 2008/07/12 15:55:50
    Inukshuk
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2184
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/13 08:17:41 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Neversink Jimmy

Jimmy here...

I'm an ecologist for a worldwide environmental non-prof (Audubon International) and fish everyday...

Yes, everyday... 

When you're a 33yr old bachelor like me you can stay up late, drink beer for breakfast, and fish all you want...

I've got a little house on Snyders Lake in Rennsselaer County, NY and my little fishing boat is docked about 30ft from where I lay my head each night...

If anyone ever wants to come over for bass (SMB and LMB) and walleye- look me up...

My driveway turns into my own boat ramp...  Hard to beat...

I fish 'my' lake every evening after work and then get out to fish other local waters on weekends...  Having grown up in Niskayuna, the Mohawk between locks 7 & 8 is one of my faves...  The burgers at Jumpin' Jacks help that decision quite often...

Other weekends are spent in the Adirondacks with a map, full tank of gas, and my 14ft Starcraft on the trailer behind me...  Destination often unkonw until I get there...  Thats the beauty of the ADKs...  Want big trout?  No sweat...  Want big pike?  No problem...  Big Water? Small Water?  Rivers?  Creeks?  Crowds?  Solitude?

Whatever you want- Warren, Hamilton and Essex Co. have 'em...

These pics might typify my routines:

The Front Yard:

My Everglades Days (eight years as a National Park Ranger):

The Mohawks Finest Prize Fighters:

Neversink Jimmy;
    Sounds like a great life.  I love the Adirondacks.  I used to do a lot of camping and fishing in the Moose River Plains(Hamilton Co. I think).  This is my favorite place on Earth.  Unfortunately have not had a chance to get up there in a few years.
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/13 13:36:15 (permalink)
    Originally, started here investigating reports for salmon river which I started fishing as soon as i was eligable for driving hence the name "backin79"  that's basically where it all started..still in nnj but have not hunted or fished in jersey well over a decade.. I love new york, been my passion to fish a number of gamefish species throughout most the confluences of the delaware basin these days. Awhile ago the ashokan which was the first reservoir up there that got me hooked to trout /walleye but the walleye are much harder to find these days in ashokan .. caught some this spring in region 7 and like that area too especially onieda lk. but it is too **** far from nj  Still shopping for a digital camera but want a really good point and shoot so I can get 5 stars ! lol I have been fishing four reserviors  2 boats on roundout /2 boats on pepacton/ 1 boat on ashokan (lower basin now) and a boat i was almost gonna take out if it weren't so dam muggy yesterday on the neversink. I been a die hard in pursuit of the monster trout in these impoundments for well over 20 years. Witnessed many changes good and bad and wish to support the quality of our fisheries state wide. Enjoy! 
    post edited by backin79 - 2008/07/13 14:02:15
    blitz42
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 258
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/13 16:40:38 (permalink)
    what kinda boats you got? i'd love to get out there and hunt some real trout. i release most fish but as money gets tighter ( sister has to go to collage) i need to keep more.    I also really was to try for some walleye too.  BTW that light you were talkin about sounds good, i almost bought one.
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 707
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/13 19:15:13 (permalink)
    Just found this thread!! Hi all I'm Kevin from Poestenkill,NY!! Found this site througth REEL FORCE!! I hunt and fish just about every thing!! Looks like I'll have some fun on this site!!!
    REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/13 19:19:43 (permalink)
    Welcome abord Perch ,,,, 
    backin79
    Pro Angler
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/13 20:24:37 (permalink)
    Blitz, in my early 20s I bought in the local want ad my first  12' pos jon boat to keep at the ashokan although it is still safe i rarely use it anymore, that boat is locked to a tree over at the roundout res... just a few seasons  later I bought more used rowboats  one more jon 14' now on the lower basin of ashokan ( don't go much there anymore either) My favorite two 14' and also two V hulls I like using are over at the pepacton another on the neversink and one on the roundouts deeper end. I own a crawdad too as well as a sit on top kayak i modified for the upper del. fishing and use to fish  all these  vessels alot more. I am still into it, just that I can't afford the time being everywhere like the good old days! lol I do not go much if any salmon fishing but do like to squeeze in a trip or two for pulaski steelhead in the late fall usually nov. or warm dec. But I have thousands of hours on all the reservoirs I mentioned. I also enjoy flyfishing alot of the catskill streams mainly above roscoe for those bragging size illusive natives/holdovers. Really would wish for an introduction of a state walleye reintroduction program for at least two prime candidates, the ashokan and pepacton which at one time had a well established self reproductory. I believe all will benefit, these impoundments are big enough to provide another gamefish which is much more rewarding on the plate!
    Neversink Jimmy
    Expert Angler
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/15 10:45:23 (permalink)
    Thanks for getting my photos posted BassinBrian...  That was AWESOME of you to do that...

I've caught lots of snook in my life- but the one pictured was my best during my days in the 'Glades.  I think it weighed out at 21lbs...  They get a lot bigger- but the big females are really only around in the Summer and I was always out of FL for those months...  Kind of a 30-something "snowbird", if you will...  I am a full-blown tarpon ADDICT and still get down for a week each winter...  Tarpon (even little 20lbers) are rediculous...

And special thanks to Reel Force for letting me know about this site.  My workday production has gone completely down the toilet since that day- but I am pretty darn happy to find so many other anglers so close to home. 

And thanks to everyone for being so cool...  I like it here already!  And I promise not to pee on the seat (I will whizz outside)...  Hope you guys are catching more than me this week!  It's been a tough one for some reason!
    post edited by Neversink Jimmy - 2008/07/15 10:56:40

"I love fishing. You put that line in the water and you don't know what's on the other end. Your imagination is under there" -Robert Altman
    REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/15 22:00:14 (permalink)
    Ummm........... first tree on the right ...    
    eagleed
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 425
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/19 08:20:42 (permalink)
    Hi guys Eagle Ed here.  Just got back from a week of umpiring 12 & Under Baseball Tournament in Cooperstown @ Field of Dreams Park.  Great way to lose 9 lbs. off your stomach by working up to four games a  day.  Didn't realize how close I was to Goodyear Lake or I would have taken my fishing gear.  Really enjoyed the closing night ceremony where I was inducted into the American Youth Baseball Umpire's Hall of Fame and received my ring.
    I'm 70 years old and been fishing since I was 5 in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Indiana (Lake Michigan) and New York.  I spent 37 years working for the YMCA in the Northeast and retired several years ago.  I am a certified NYS High School Volleyball Official as well as a NYS certified High School Baseball umpire.  I am fortunate enough to live within fifteen minutes of Saratoga Lake, Lake Lonely, Moreau Lake, Lake George, Glen Lake, The Hudson River and a few of my special trout stream spots.  Mostly love the ice fishing is this area, but do enjoy getting out for bass.
    Moderator was nice enough to take me out early for stripers this year, but we were a little early.  Also have fished with New York Yank and Hook/Line & Sinker and a few of the other guys.  Great guys and great outdoorsman, so all will enjoy this forum.  Black cat icon is for our black cat "Lucky"!

Eagle Ed
    post edited by eagleed - 2008/07/19 08:23:04
    cuchef
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/19 23:32:19 (permalink)
    Hello I'm Ryan.  I have been creeping around the sire for awhile now and I thought I would introduce myself.  I grew up in western PA.  I used to hunt but have fallen out of it for about 9 years.  I still fish as my schedule allows.  I'm a chef and have lived everywhere from Cleveland to the Carribean.  I am in Ithaca, NY right now and plan on it for a long time I am sick of being a food gypsie, I'm settling down. Who knows maybe I'll even pick up a shotgun again. 
    Well good to meet you.
    Ryan 

"Cheat me on the price not the product."
    REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/07/20 12:25:02 (permalink)
    Welcome abord cuchef !!!
    Giudici21
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 1
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/08/19 23:08:10 (permalink)
    Hi guys. I'm Alan and I spent May 2002 to May 2007 serving in the US Navy. Spent 4 out of those 5 overseas in Gtmo, Cuba and then Andros Island. Finished my last year at the Saratoga Springs, New York Naval Base. You probably never heard of it because its basically a parking lot with some buildings. I was a Navy Police Officer my whole enlistment and reached E-5...yes yes...I sank your battleship... I have fished my whole life with bass my favorite. C+R is the way for me, unless its some fat sunnies and perch. ReelForce has been a great friend of mine for quite awhile now and he even forgave me for ditching my fishing partner to serve our homeland. I don't get to fish nearly as much as I would like, but I currently drive school bus's...lol, I know machine guns to bus driver? but the kids are a riot and it pays my college tuition. Oh yeah...I'm also going to college. I live in Schenectady, NY with my sugar momma in our "new" old house. Thanks for listening and tight lines!
    REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/08/20 21:29:30 (permalink)
    Welcome aboard Chugbug - about time ya got here .... 
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/08/20 23:51:34 (permalink)
    Giudici21, Welcome to the Site!!  Reel Force, Tell him about to the Fishing Party??

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    REEL FORCE
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/08/22 14:05:03 (permalink)
    He should be there Saturday ....
    Charlie_1
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 110
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/09/06 16:12:37 (permalink)
    Hi Guys,
    My name is charlie I am 43 live in Orange Co, I hunt and fish I try to get out as much as is can. Going up to SR the week of 20 Oct
    Perch Inc.
    Expert Angler
    RE: Introductions and The Meeting Ground 2008/09/06 16:27:40 (permalink)
    Charlie_1 Welcome to a GREAT Site with some NUTTY people!! You will have a great time fishing and hunting with any one on here!! We have had some real good time so far this year!!  Can't wait for the next Gang meeting!!! 

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
    Jump to: