Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 21 of 42
Author
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1265
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2023/10/21 09:09:55 (permalink)
come on pens fan you don't think our resident spell checker and grammar policeman didn't misspell  complete.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
Re: Trump 2024 2023/10/21 09:50:20 (permalink)
ICE NUT
come on pens fan you don't think our resident spell checker and grammar policeman didn't misspell  complete.

Sorry Boom, his assessment of what you wanna put up on here is really spot on. jus say'IN..
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 473
Re: Trump 2024 2023/10/21 12:17:22 (permalink)
Okay, time for our Idiocracy Intelligence Test:
If you have one bucket holding 2 gallons and one bucket with 5 gallons......how many buckets do you have?
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1991
Re: Trump 2024 2023/10/21 12:27:36 (permalink)
ICE NUT

Just to be clear it’s not the spelling and grammar errors that make your posts read like a mumble mouth mess.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 936
Re: Trump 2024 2023/10/21 21:17:23 (permalink)
pensfan1
I find it hard to disagree with most of those last two posts. 👍 Mitch n Dardys. Imagine that, a Liberal agreeing with a couple Conservatives.... whodathunkit

I mostly agree here. 

Thing that kinda shocks me is - The GOP has more than enough votes, from a sheer numbers perspective right? I can't see a scenario where any Dem votes for a GOP Speaker because of that. The longer the GOP is in disarray on this, the worse it looks for them. 
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
Re: Trump 2024 2023/10/23 16:29:09 (permalink)
I have a question for all of you "BUT her emails" people on here... what do you think about tRump showing, talking about and telling the nation's secrets to some Australian billionaire member of Maralardo? So is he stupid, dangerous or both? jus ask'IN jus say'IN
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/08 08:46:51 (permalink)
Alright boys let’s hear some Election Day 2023 hot takes.

Here’s mine - “Not a good night for the GOP”

And yet it comes on the heels of some bad polling for Joe Biden. So what gives?
Irisheyeball
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 473
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/08 09:30:52 (permalink)
I am of the opinion that nearly all polls are designed as nothing more than content creation for mass media.  Blah...blah...blah..  On the other hand, election results are telling.  Will the GOP learn that "abortion politics" is not a winning hand for them? It's almost like the more they push the issue, the more they lose.  It would be a smart GOP candidate to admit that the CONSERVATIVE position is leave the matter to the affected individual(s) and get the government and politicians out of private decisions.  
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/08 10:42:14 (permalink)
Abortion and I guess legal weed?

I wonder if there are a lot of Ohio voters who vote for legal weed and legally protected abortions but then vote straight republican for everything else? I am straight up perplexed by those kinds of voters.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/08 10:47:57 (permalink)
Also Zappala eked out a win. Does he just join the Republican Party now or what?
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9740
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/08 19:21:52 (permalink)
Two things that I came away with.

1) If Biden decides to not run in 2024, it will be a landslide victory for Dems, unless it is Hillary or some other turd.

2) The abortion topic somehow can be used in any political race. Nothing different than the GOP cultural war tactics. Shameful. Hopefully doesn’t set our region back decades.
post edited by Porktown - 2023/11/08 19:25:37
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/09 15:58:00 (permalink)
With OH voting wacky weed to be legal, how long until PA follows? After OH becomes up and running, only WV remains of surrounding states. The vast majority of PA state population will be within an hour of a neighboring state that they can buy. With all of that loss of tax revenue, how long do you see the GOP state legislators kicking the can. It will happen eventually, just how long?
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/09 23:27:52 (permalink)
Shapiro has already proposed a tax.

https://www.inquirer.com/...08.html?outputType=amp

I don’t see legal weed getting through the PA state assembly anytime soon. Maybe if it passed through referendum then the legislature could just say “the voters have spoken” and they could absolve themselves of all responsibility.

So there was a republican primary debate yesterday. I didn’t even know it was happening lol. Sounds like they were all about doubling down on abortion access. Good luck with that.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 08:36:51 (permalink)
Just amazes me that they would pass up that much tax revenue. People are going to use it regardless, maybe has access easier for kids. Better than easy access to opioids. Find the right Dr. and will prescribe for any condition that anyone has. Back pain, knee pain, anxiety, whatever. Everyone has something that would qualify. If need be, have it in the liquor stores. Hard booze is way worse in terms of addiction, impairment and possibility of overdose.

To be clear, I don’t touch the stuff and I have two kids that are of age that likely have been exposed to it. I have taught them to avoid, but most kids have been taught the same. I’d much rather they be exposed to quality inspected real weed than possibly fentanyl laced whatever that some kid dealer has, likely unaware themselves.

I watched the debate. Some doubled down on abortion, some not. Nikki Haley keeps impressing me. I am a sucker for intelligent people being leaders though. Unfortunately she won’t make it through since GOP primary would rather have a clown to face the current clown. If she wasn’t looking to tear down public education, I’d honestly think to contribute to her. It amazes me how one party vilifies teachers and the other vilifies police. Each are crazy short staffed and can’t find people to take those jobs now due to nutters on both sides harassing them. These two idiot parties and their media arms have turned two honorable professions into culture war battlefields. Shame on these idiots for it and just as much for the sheep that follow them.
post edited by Porktown - 2023/11/10 08:43:58
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 10:04:25 (permalink)
Porktown
Just amazes me that they would pass up that much tax revenue. People are going to use it regardless, maybe has access easier for kids. Better than easy access to opioids. Find the right Dr. and will prescribe for any condition that anyone has. Back pain, knee pain, anxiety, whatever. Everyone has something that would qualify. If need be, have it in the liquor stores. Hard booze is way worse in terms of addiction, impairment and possibility of overdose.

To be clear, I don’t touch the stuff and I have two kids that are of age that likely have been exposed to it. I have taught them to avoid, but most kids have been taught the same. I’d much rather they be exposed to quality inspected real weed than possibly fentanyl laced whatever that some kid dealer has, likely unaware themselves.

Medical marijuana is currently legal in PA right now, and everybody I know that smokes pot has a card. It’s pretty easy to get it if you want it. And there’s currently a tax on it. I don’t know anybody that is driving across state lines to get pot because it’s already super easy to get here, so I don’t know if there is really that much tax money going out the door. However I think there is the possibility that significantly more tax revenue could be generated if the rate on recreational pot was much higher. Shapiro proposed a whopping 20%. I think it’s something like 5% now for medical.

The bigger issue with the pot business is removing the schedule I classification and decriminalizing it federally. One of the biggest challenges for marijuana related businesses is processing payments. Due to federal regs, most banks are still very reluctant to open accounts with these businesses. So they can’t take credit/debit card payments, and they tend to rely more on cash transactions and all that cash handling is risky. Simple basic functions like payroll are difficult when banks wont open an account for your business.

As for kids, I believe there are some studies that suggest there is actually less marijuana use in areas where there is recreational or medical pot. I’m not 100% about the accuracy or methodology, so I’d have to dig a little deeper on that… but kids are gonna be kids. They are gonna experiment. I don’t have kids, but if I did, I would be more worried about booze. Booze will get you into way trouble than weed. And of course, hard drugs are always extremely dangerous which goes without saying… the biggest danger with weed is habitual use.

Also just FYI I don’t think fentanyl laced weed is a thing. Fentanyl is more of a heroin thing.
But I would caution kids to be careful with some of the edibles because they can be SUPER potent. I’ve actually smoked alot of pot in my life (though not so much these days) and I’ve taken edibles where I felt stoned for like two days. No thank you.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 10:21:35 (permalink)
Also, Joe manchin is officially out. Sounds like he realized he had absolutely no chance of winning against Jim Justice. So that’s a gimme for republicans in the senate.

What’s funny is that manchin endorsed justice for governor in 2016 and then justice switched parties and came after his senate seat. Politics is a dirty business I guess.
Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 100
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 10:42:00 (permalink)
Having just turned 73, I did my thing with weed beginning in early '70s, after military service. It was cool and you'd get that pleasant euphoria for a half hour or so, but by the early '80s, pot had become so potent that after just 2 or 3 tokes, you were stupid for 3 hours and felt like your brains were dripping out of your ears. (Paranoia creeps in). I gave it up. Now, they say it's 10 x more potent than before. No wonder the college kids are so nucking futs!

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 10:42:30 (permalink)
I had one of those habitual use issues that I kicked close to 15 years ago. It was probably beers that I should have kicked, but our social structure allows for beers in most social gatherings. No doubt booze, even beers is a worse habit. But for some reason, unless vacation, I rarely have the urge to drink before dinner or later. Habitual weed use, the stuff is like coffee or other morning routine. Any headache or anything treatment. I found it made me a pretty horrible father, so cut it out. Many seem to make it work as parents, I just couldn’t.

The laced thing is definitely a thing. Not rampant, but it is an issue. One that concerns me the most. Much more prevalent with pills or other hard stuff, but it is definitely getting mixed in with weed now. Should be attempted murder any time these creeps get busted selling laced anything.

I really don’t know if people are going across state lines. I guess could be a pretty bad situation if pulled over. When moved from medical to recreational dispensaries the supply goes up and prices go down. From what a friend of mine in CO says, there is so much competition there, so imagine the prices are a good bit lower there than medical here? Not sure if enough to have people travel or buy while they’re passing through type thing and bring home?

Agree on the federal classification thing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 10:53:49 (permalink)
Mitchell
Having just turned 73, I did my thing with weed beginning in early '70s, after military service. It was cool and you'd get that pleasant euphoria for a half hour or so, but by the early '80s, pot had become so potent that after just 2 or 3 tokes, you were stupid for 3 hours and felt like your brains were dripping out of your ears. (Paranoia creeps in). I gave it up. Now, they say it's 10 x more potent than before. No wonder the college kids are so nucking futs!

Ha ha. I thought the same thing from the 90s dry crumbly brick weed to the 00/10’s kind bud stinky sticky stuff. Like noted of pleasant euphoria that you could function, basically a light beer buzz. To, basically drunk from the same amount and anything productive for that day was over.

All day long I think of things, but nothing seems to satisfy…. 🤯
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 11:30:12 (permalink)
Mitchell
Having just turned 73, I did my thing with weed beginning in early '70s, after military service. It was cool and you'd get that pleasant euphoria for a half hour or so, but by the early '80s, pot had become so potent that after just 2 or 3 tokes, you were stupid for 3 hours and felt like your brains were dripping out of your ears. (Paranoia creeps in). I gave it up. Now, they say it's 10 x more potent than before.

Yea it really is. I smoked a lot in the 90s, in my high school and college years. Every once in a while you would get your hands on some really good bud and it would blow your mind. Everything is like that now. You can tell just by the smell when people are smoking it nearby. If I have the windows open I can smell it in my house when the neighbors smoke next door.

I don’t know if this is necessarily a bad thing tho, because you don’t have to smoke as much so you aren’t inhaling as much carcinogenic smoke. So there might not be as much long term damage to the lungs. But I think the jury is still out on the long term health effects of marijuana habitual use so who knows for sure.

I gotta say though, if I smoke some pot in the evening, I don’t feel it the next day like I feel a couple beers. Too much of anything is not good, but the booze really beats up your body in a bad way, even relatively small amounts. Pot? Not so much.
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3138
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 14:28:41 (permalink)
Too much of anything is definitely bad...cheeseburgers included.  
Just the right amount is hard to find sometimes.  I used to indulge in the flower quite a bit when I was a kid.  I can't based on my profession.  The only time I really miss it is when I see live music.  I used to love that buzz and live tunes (playing and listening).  From what it smells like now and the many forms (dabs etc...) I wouldn't dare take more than a toke till I found out what that was like.  When I retire I'll definitely dabble again.  I would be interested to see what I can do for my aches and pains, and of course my live music experiences
As far as taxation and "leaving money on the table" I find it hard to believe that they won't legalize it recreationally in the coming years...inevitable.  Although, they never enacted a well head tax in PA so there's lots of money they have already left on the table.  
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/10 14:33:57 (permalink)
Mitchell

Ha! Mitch - I feel the same way about stuff from the 90's to today. "Mids" it was called back then and now, whew. I am a bit scared to take any of that stuff because like others have said - I don't want to be ruined for 2 days on another planet. 

JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 284
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/11 09:38:29 (permalink)
Living thru the 70's and 80's (I'm 62) I always had the belief that weed was less harmful than aicohol, so I was neutral on the legalization issue.  Reading your comments about today's higher potency got me to do some reading on the topic.  Articles like the one below may change my opinion.

https://kffhealthnews.org/news/article/legal-pot-is-more-potent-than-ever-and-still-largely-unregulated/

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/12 09:31:47 (permalink)
JerryS
Living thru the 70's and 80's (I'm 62) I always had the belief that weed was less harmful than aicohol, so I was neutral on the legalization issue.  Reading your comments about today's higher potency got me to do some reading on the topic.  Articles like the one below may change my opinion.

https://kffhealthnews.org/news/article/legal-pot-is-more-potent-than-ever-and-still-largely-unregulated/

Informative, but a bit biased IMO. I am not denying any of the info, but obviously written in a context that sort of distorts things. You would think it is a bigger issue than opioid epidemic from that article, which it clearly isn’t. No doubt there is a negative to it, why I gave it up. And know that many others are unable to do so. But it isn’t physically addictive like opioids or many other controlled substances. Statistics can always be manipulated. Those hospital visits are very likely pulled from surveys they give people. Marking that they smoked pot in the past month and being examined for a stomach issue or similar, very likely made it into the stats. Just like the Covid stats on both sides were manipulated for a couple of years on this very site. I’d take that with a grain of salt.

As MyWar noted and article notes, the Feds need to step up and regulate instead of sitting on their hands. Legalization is here in either recreational or medical form in much of the US.

It is much like booze, which that article could triple in content of negatives. Like some of the states regulate, maybe cap the THC levels at a federal level. Make it clearly labeled and have more education of the risks (like this article does), especially of high THC levels. Just like the labeling of beer. I enjoy the taste of IPAs, but most are like drinking two regular beers and I avoid. There is a market for that taste at lower ABV levels and have their own session IPA category. I haven’t been in a marijuana dispensary, but can only imagine there are low THC level varieties much like they note are “the weed we used to know”. If there is a market, there is a product. There are many grannies that are using for whatever ailment, I imagine they are not all getting ripped when they take some.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4025
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/12 10:12:47 (permalink)
Never have put anything lit to my lips, and never will.  In college, all my roommates smoked liked it was going out of style, bongs laying around the apartment, but never partook.  Parents were both cig smokers and I absolutely despise any type of smoke smell like that.
As far as legalization, don't care much either way as I don't believe it is worse than being drunk.  I do believe in the "gateway" aspect of it, and over prescribed painkillers, as I have first hand experience with that in my family.

As far as the elections, liberal democrats are a cancer on modern society and should be "extinguished" at any and every opportunity possible.  
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/13 01:28:37 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
Never have put anything lit to my lips, and never will.  In college, all my roommates smoked liked it was going out of style, bongs laying around the apartment, but never partook.  Parents were both cig smokers and I absolutely despise any type of smoke smell like that.
As far as legalization, don't care much either way as I don't believe it is worse than being drunk.  I do believe in the "gateway" aspect of it, and over prescribed painkillers, as I have first hand experience with that in my family.

As far as the elections, liberal democrats are a cancer on modern society and should be "extinguished" at any and every opportunity possible.  

How would you recommend someone or group go about doing this? 

BloodyHand
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2147
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/15 22:43:04 (permalink)
Vote

BH
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/15 23:12:50 (permalink)
BloodyHand
Vote

BH

Duplicate
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/15 23:12:53 (permalink)
BloodyHand
Vote

BH

Well said BH. Now we just need genuine candidates who care about normal people and bada bing, bada boom. 
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3138
Re: Trump 2024 2023/11/16 14:30:41 (permalink)
What say you pundits...

Does Haley have a snowball's chance to dethrone Trump and be the nominee??
Page: << < ..2122232425.. > >> Showing page 21 of 42
Jump to: