Helpful ReplySo what is OFF TOPIC allowed?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 18
Author
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
  • Reward points: 0
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/10 12:57:09 (permalink)
The Georgia Senate election is pretty much over. Warnock will win easily. There's no way that southern Christian folks are gonna vote in droves for Walker. He's a liar who has had accusations of abuse against him, supposedly has 3 illegitimate children for whom he's provided no support, and he's also supposedly a college graduate who cannot even speak in public without making an audience cringe at the grammar. That's gonna be enough to keep Georgia blue in the Senate. In Pa., I doubt Oz can pull of the Senate seat, but Gawd! I can't stand to even look at Fetterman. He looks and dresses like a bum, and his politics are so far out in left field that he's left the stadium. The other swing states with Senate elections are tossups too.

Harris beating DeSantis in a poll! Gawd! I saw that and couldn't believe it. They must have polled 100% Democrats. She's another one who has no train of thought, repeats herself constantly with a word salad that makes no sense. She's accomplished nothing in her political assignments like shoring up the border and now they want her to be the dis-information czar, and I think America has had enough of that cackling laugh. I don't think you're gonna see a Biden/Harris ticket. The 'Crats are looking elsewhere right now. Biden is too old and senile, (and totally compromised by China), and it's clear that Harris can't stand up to the job. Keep in mind that Harris bailed in the primary right away when she couldn't carry a few percent of the vote. I don't think anybody likes her.

I hope Trump does not run. He said what he was gonna do and got a lot of it done even as he was constantly hammered by the Democrat Party and the Media, but his personality is just too toxic. If he runs, I will not vote for him again in the primary. However, if he wins the primary, I will vote for him for President and resign myself to 4 more years of Media torture. He had the country turned around and could most likely do it again, especially if he had both Houses again. If it ain't DeSantis, then Mike Pompeo would be fine with me.
post edited by EMitch - 2022/07/10 12:59:59

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3349
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/10 21:49:37 (permalink)
Definitely need YoungBlood...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iB8GhG2wxQ0

Number of the elected can't stay awake in House or Senate committee meeting. They should be Canned.

post edited by crappiefisher - 2022/07/11 23:07:59
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 907
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 01:43:52 (permalink)
At least gas is dropping!

Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 09:15:42 (permalink)
Anyone planning to meet up “fishing” with Alice?
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 14:39:29 (permalink)
Not real sure Acrisure Stadium has a very ‘Burgh ring to it.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3425
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 15:29:09 (permalink)
DarDys
Not real sure Acrisure Stadium has a very ‘Burgh ring to it.

I know rite. 🤢🤮
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 15:50:25 (permalink)
Not that it matters, but I never heard of that company before this.

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 17:09:50 (permalink)
Starlake hasn't been officially named Starlake for 22 years, not even sure most yinzers know the official name, it is Starlake...  The Civic Arena had a hard time with home town Mellon renaming it, when BNY took over, yeah right!  Heinz Field will be called Heinz Field until they build another stadium.    
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1939
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 17:27:40 (permalink)
DarDys
Not that it matters, but I never heard of that company before this.

And that’s precisely why they’re paying an ungodly sum of money to slap their name all over it.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 18:15:21 (permalink)
True.

But since I’m not in the market for what they sell, it doesn’t influence me to buy their product, which is the real reason they pay that sum.

Everyone is in the market, at one time or another, for condiments, insurance and investments, probably not so much.

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 20:28:15 (permalink)
It'll be Heinz Field. 
Anytime I think of the name it just sounds "Agriculture Field" in my head and I can't seem to shake it.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 22:18:55 (permalink)
I can’t tell whether Acrisure is: (1) one of those dime a dozen “diverse” startups that tries its hand at every trendy profitable modern service, but yet doesn’t actually do any of them well, or (2) an innovative business model that is really on to something and could really blow up. Seems like there is a fine line between those two things these days.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/11 22:30:16 (permalink)
Ha ha. Sounds like about 10 companies’ stock that I own. Many down like a concrete block over the past year. I haven’t checked out this one. I thought for sure Sofi would have taken off from the Super Bowl. It did, just the wrong way!
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/12 20:32:23 (permalink)
Gas down 40cents since June 14th nationwide.

Gas Buddy is a pretty popular app on phones, and this guy either made it, or works for the company. Either way, pretty interesting analysis. 
https://twitter.com/GasBuddyGuy

And since I can't resist:
Since the gas costs raising were Biden's fault - are them lowering his fault too?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/12 21:48:25 (permalink)
He grabbed gas prices when he was falling down the plane steps and pulled them down a few cents. Then a few more when he fell off of his bike.

Got to agree with those polls about another term. I have always been for him to be a one term President, as long as the GOP resets out of this Trump cult.

I saw this the other day when EMitch mentioned Desantis. (I think EMitch). Pretty interesting take. Basically Trump policy, minus the treason, narcissism, lying, dotard. I could live with that. I was just fine with half of the Trump policy, the other half seemed like moronic ideas, just to start drama than policy.

https://www.politico.com/...er-than-trump-00044494
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 00:27:49 (permalink)
I don’t think Desantis is bold enough to try the whole “stop the steal” takeover of democracy crap. But he seems totally fine with selling a toned down version of populist culture war conservatism that Trump co-opted from right wing media pundits like Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

I would expect him to govern as any hard right conservative would: pro business/anti worker, cut funding for healthcare and education, gut environmental regulations, strong anti immigration policies, push fossil fuels hard (forget about any green energy development), cut taxes for the wealthy and corporate America while not really doing much for the middle class… his foreign policy is anybody’s guess but I’d expect him to be a hawk in the mold of GWB, or Pompeo, or Bolton or any of those types.

He wouldn’t be as outwardly bombastic or as antagonistic as Trump, so there would maybe be somewhat of an improvement there, but he won’t be an ally for any minority or under privileged group either. There will be plenty of dog whistle stuff to make it clear that the republican vision of this country is that white, Christian men to come first, and everybody else second.

Desantis also has the charisma of a wet paper bag, and he barely won the last election against Gillum in a pretty GOP friendly state. So I’m skeptical that he’s going to be the powerhouse that some are suggesting he might be. He absolutely will not turn out the base the way Trump did, although he may appeal more to moderates.

He would also need to first make it out of a primary, and one of the recurring themes this election cycle is that Republican voters keep nominating some really bad candidates- Oz, Herschel Walker, JD Vance… so even if he would be competitive in a general election, he might not make it through a primary.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 01:58:12 (permalink)
MyWar
I don’t think Desantis is bold enough to try the whole “stop the steal” takeover of democracy crap. But he seems totally fine with selling a toned down version of populist culture war conservatism that Trump co-opted from right wing media pundits like Hannity and Tucker Carlson.

I would expect him to govern as any hard right conservative would: pro business/anti worker, cut funding for healthcare and education, gut environmental regulations, strong anti immigration policies, push fossil fuels hard (forget about any green energy development), cut taxes for the wealthy and corporate America while not really doing much for the middle class… his foreign policy is anybody’s guess but I’d expect him to be a hawk in the mold of GWB, or Pompeo, or Bolton or any of those types.

He wouldn’t be as outwardly bombastic or as antagonistic as Trump, so there would maybe be somewhat of an improvement there, but he won’t be an ally for any minority or under privileged group either. There will be plenty of dog whistle stuff to make it clear that the republican vision of this country is that white, Christian men to come first, and everybody else second.

Desantis also has the charisma of a wet paper bag, and he barely won the last election against Gillum in a pretty GOP friendly state. So I’m skeptical that he’s going to be the powerhouse that some are suggesting he might be. He absolutely will not turn out the base the way Trump did, although he may appeal more to moderates.

He would also need to first make it out of a primary, and one of the recurring themes this election cycle is that Republican voters keep nominating some really bad candidates- Oz, Herschel Walker, JD Vance… so even if he would be competitive in a general election, he might not make it through a primary.

Agreed with most of this.

It's likely going to be Trump clamoring something about "I won't run so we'll win because they'd cheat me!!" or something delusional about fixing the election, and he'll throw in his support with Desantis, (But not before he pilfers millions off them, so likely a very late admittance) telling his followers to vote for him - which they will. I genuinely don't think he can handle losing again. Listening to these Jan 6 hearings, and actually hearing how he behaved from those who literally worked with him for years - sheesh. 

The Walker and Oz stuff is just bizarre. Any of you guys who support GOP - what's your take on them? Oz seems like a desperate throw-whatever-at-the-wall pick after Parnell's true colors shined. 

Herschel Walker's gaffes are blown a bit out of the water by the media, but man sometimes when he speaks, I genuinely worry about his health and mental state. His struggles with his mental health are very real apparently, and I hope he's alright. Pressures of the spotlight and political campaign can be heavy. 

I loved playing as him as a kid in NFL games on Super Nintendo. Was a bright spot for me on an otherwise hated Cowboys team. 

ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1256
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 06:28:15 (permalink)
Your are talking about Bidum correct gaffes,worring about his mental health,ect ect.At least Walker doesn't have his hand on the big button .
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 08:54:06 (permalink)
DeadGator401

The Walker and Oz stuff is just bizarre. Any of you guys who support GOP - what's your take on them? Oz seems like a desperate throw-whatever-at-the-wall pick after Parnell's true colors shined. 

Herschel Walker's gaffes are blown a bit out of the water by the media, but man sometimes when he speaks, I genuinely worry about his health and mental state. His struggles with his mental health are very real apparently, and I hope he's alright. Pressures of the spotlight and political campaign can be heavy. 

You really have to ask the question - why do these cartoon characters keep running as republicans? The party is full of them: Matt Gaetz, Boebert, Marjory Taylor Greene, Sarah Palin, Daryl Metcalfe, Roy Moore…. TRUMP.

Some of them just strike me as opportunists. Guys like Oz and Gaetz fit into that category (Trump too, obviously). They’re just selling a brand, and they either want to get rich, or they want power and influence, or they want all of the above. They don’t care one bit about public service or the ideology they represent. They could be selling insurance, or used cars, or whatever; they just happen to be selling “Republicanism”.

Herschel Walker, I dunno…I think he has some underlying mental illness compounded by CTE from playing football. Running backs take a lot of blows to the head. I think by most objective standards he’s clearly not fit to serve in Congress, but US politics has thrown objective standards out the window, so he could very well end up in the US senate.
snagr
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 503
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 12:17:27 (permalink)
DeadGator401
Any of you guys who support GOP - what's your take on them? Oz seems like a desperate throw-whatever-at-the-wall pick after Parnell's true colors shined. 

Everybody knows what Oz is.  

But the GOP machine in PA probably got him out there because he's pretty centrist so who knows in a state like PA that vacillates between pink and light blue on a statewide level.  Gotta say that with Fetterman, I appreciate a fat dude who shows up in gym shorts to an outdoor press conference in the winter and wears whatever's comfortable when everybody else is all dressed up, because I am that guy.  

I know some that voted Oz in the primary because of the Trump endorsement.  I know some that didn't because they know what Oz is.  I don't know how close GOP senate primaries typically are, but that seemed like a pretty close one considering how well a relative dark horse like Kathy Barnette did with 24% of the vote and Oz beating Barletta by less than a point.  

I don't think either base finds Oz or Fetterman to be particularly exciting, do you?    

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 14:35:17 (permalink)
People are excited about Fetterman. Without a doubt. He has the same kind of populist appeal that Trump and and Bernie Sanders and Sherrod Brown all have. His name is even getting thrown around for a 2024 presidential run (although that seems way premature).

I can’t imagine anybody being excited about Oz.
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 15:05:11 (permalink)
Fetterman sums up my feelings about Oz pretty accurately here

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 15:44:04 (permalink)
Fetterman’s social media game is on point. You wanna learn how to engage younger voters? Watch him. He’s dunking on Oz every single day with silly memes on IG and Twitter.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 16:01:14 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Your are talking about Bidum correct gaffes,worring about his mental health,ect ect.At least Walker doesn't have his hand on the big button .

Nah pal, I was referring to Walker here. 
I am aware that the current President has had many man gaffes and times where he's babbled and times where he's bobbled. He's not who we were discussing though.
Everything doesn't have to be a "what about" for your guy vs mine. I just asked a question. 

snagr
DeadGator401
Any of you guys who support GOP - what's your take on them? Oz seems like a desperate throw-whatever-at-the-wall pick after Parnell's true colors shined. 

I don't think either base finds Oz or Fetterman to be particularly exciting, do you?    

I find people to be very excited about Fetterman. I live in Pittsburgh suburbs and am in my mid 30's. The folks I see and interact with, are if not excited - talking about him. Even Republicans. 

His reach on social media is huge, and his team KILLS it. I mean look at this, we got hilarious memes being posted on a fishing forum from the guy. 

He rented a plane and flew it over NJ beaches: https://twitter.com/JohnFetterman/status/1547268760251367425

Shapiro needs to hitch on the Fetterman wagon.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 16:08:22 (permalink)
I found this article quite amusing

post edited by MyWar - 2022/07/13 16:13:29
snagr
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 17:03:07 (permalink)
His team is good at social media. I will say it’s refreshing to see a politician own who he is for once and be able to self deprecate a little bit.

Reckon I’m outta the loop on Fetterman since I live in a pretty deep red part of Butler County.

Mastriano yard signs are popping up here and there. No Oz signs with em. Saw one Fetterman sign this week near Lock 3 on the Allegheny but that’s the first I recall seeing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 17:54:15 (permalink)
MyWar
pro business/anti worker, cut funding for healthcare and education, gut environmental regulations, strong anti immigration policies, push fossil fuels hard (forget about any green energy development), cut taxes for the wealthy and corporate America while not really doing much for the middle class… his foreign policy is anybody’s guess but I’d expect him to be a hawk in the mold of GWB, or Pompeo, or Bolton or any of those types.

I am not too sure about all of this.

Saying pro business/anti worker is sort of throwing mud. Many pro business tax incentives do make it to workers, if the company is run right. Many “pro worker” ideas, like raising minimum wage are nothing more than adding to inflation and shuffling the economy, usually middle class last to rebound. The government can’t control what private industry does to pass along the cuts. Being that I work for an ESOP, “pro business” = “pro worker”. There isn’t a plan on any side that will actually address the disparity of the top 1%. The left will give it lip service, which I used to get behind. But it doesn’t seem to do anything besides crush the economy. That top 1% holds us all by our nads. Try to take theirs and they tank the economy. Without an actual revolution, no Democrat is going to change anything. It is just one of those election rally cries, IMO.

I’m all for cutting Federal funds to education. The way they change initiatives every 4-8 years it just doesn’t work. Some might be okay ideas, but need 10-20 years to show, not completely changed every 4-8 years. The Fed should either cut taxes and shift this all to the states to collect or just fund the states by census figures, with no changing initiatives. The states and local are collecting the majority of funds, let them do all and have all of the say.

Healthcare, we’ve talked that to the ground. To me, both sides have this completely wrong and completely controlled by special interest on both. Insurance companies on one side and big pharma on the other.

I’m not sure about the green/energy thing. No doubt the Fed’s initiatives do something, but look at the amount of private initiatives in the auto industry under Trump. He definitely wasn’t pushing it, but every manufacturer is going in that direction much more now than they did under Obama and didn’t happen automatically from Biden. Gas prices are mostly high over refineries shutting down and seeing the writing on the wall and not reopening. DeSantis is seeing first hand what the cost of climate change is. He just can’t get behind green initiatives publicly if he wants the cult to follow. So he needs to walk that line. I am pretty sure he actually gets it and wouldn’t be a complete moron. He’d just need to be able to sell it his way to a bunch of morons.

https://news.yahoo.com/de...g-stuff-194130311.html
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/13 18:14:20 (permalink)
I do like Fetterman’s style. If below 60 degrees, chances are that I am wearing a hoodie. I’m not the type to wear shorts when it is 32 outside though. I’m all for the whole suit wearing thing to go away in everything, minus maybe weddings. But I am pretty much a slob and have no interest in style. Not that I’d vote for someone just for that. But know some would vote against him just for it. I still think that is one thing that sank Kasich. He is one Republican that I liked, but the dude has bed head more than I do. And I usually have bed head, never on TV and never ran for President.

Most sane voters are not in a cult, so I wouldn’t put anything on the yard sign count. Remember how many more corn signs there were than the guy that won President in a landslide. Even cabinet and family members of the loser are admitting no cheating…. If I don’t know a candidate personally, they aren’t getting a sign in my yard. Because I am not in a cult and all. Beyond the sanity thing, I typically only see signs in the burbs a few weeks prior to voting. There are a few Q whackos that have Trump signs. Just wonder what they are feeling now that their clown hero is looking more and more like the clown he is.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/14 02:03:16 (permalink)
Porktown
I do like Fetterman’s style. If below 60 degrees, chances are that I am wearing a hoodie. I’m not the type to wear shorts when it is 32 outside though. I’m all for the whole suit wearing thing to go away in everything, minus maybe weddings. But I am pretty much a slob and have no interest in style. Not that I’d vote for someone just for that. But know some would vote against him just for it. I still think that is one thing that sank Kasich. He is one Republican that I liked, but the dude has bed head more than I do. And I usually have bed head, never on TV and never ran for President.

Most sane voters are not in a cult, so I wouldn’t put anything on the yard sign count. Remember how many more corn signs there were than the guy that won President in a landslide. Even cabinet and family members of the loser are admitting no cheating…. If I don’t know a candidate personally, they aren’t getting a sign in my yard. Because I am not in a cult and all. Beyond the sanity thing, I typically only see signs in the burbs a few weeks prior to voting. There are a few Q whackos that have Trump signs. Just wonder what they are feeling now that their clown hero is looking more and more like the clown he is.

Yard signs are fine. 10x10 plywood spray painted signs are where ya hit culty territory. 

As for your last part - you can ask some of the people here - they don't care. Literally anything against him or negative, simply doesn't exist to the real cultists. Gotta remember, for a lot of the diehards - his policies and whatnot don't matter. It's what he represents - a Win for them. Him winning in 2016, was them winning. Them winning the culture war. He is their representative and hero. 

That's why it's so engrained and has such a firm hold on people. Admitting that this man is XYZ would be like admitting it about themselves. 
It's remarkable the hold he has on them and quite scary.

And I already know, this post is proves trump is in my head and yada yada. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/14 06:55:29 (permalink)
DeadGator401

Yard signs are fine. 10x10 plywood spray painted signs are where ya hit culty territory. 

As for your last part - you can ask some of the people here - they don't care. Literally anything against him or negative, simply doesn't exist to the real cultists. Gotta remember, for a lot of the diehards - his policies and whatnot don't matter. It's what he represents - a Win for them. Him winning in 2016, was them winning. Them winning the culture war. He is their representative and hero. 

That's why it's so engrained and has such a firm hold on people. Admitting that this man is XYZ would be like admitting it about themselves. 
It's remarkable the hold he has on them and quite scary.

And I already know, this post is proves trump is in my head and yada yada. 

I wouldn’t put anyone that puts a sign as cult, but leaving them up years after dear leader lost is culty. No doubt about the plywood. I think you hit the nail on the head of the cult followers.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 9 of 18
Jump to: