Helpful ReplySo what is OFF TOPIC allowed?

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 18
Author
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1932
  • Reward points: 0
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/14 07:35:39 (permalink)
Some Biden campaign workers came by my house during the 2020 election and asked if they could put a Biden sign in my yard. I was like “sure, whatever”. When i came home from work one day and saw it, I was kind of disappointed it wasn’t a “jacked Rambo Biden with a machine gun” sign. So I just made my own. Am I in a cult?
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9679
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/14 07:51:40 (permalink)
It is not in Oprah’s official guide of “Am I in a cult”.

https://www.oprahdaily.co...48485/signs-of-a-cult/
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9679
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/18 20:20:56 (permalink)
Driving through “Deep South Alabama”, which is basically the same thing as central PA, WV, OH…. I noticed something REALLY strange. For close to 50 miles on back road driving. Not a SINGLE TRUMP SIGN??? I swore the I was in some other dimension. Exact same trailer, run down house, nice house, really nice house, pattern of most rural areas. Except there didn’t seem to be any need to show allegiance in that area. As soon as you crossed into Florida, Trump signs everywhere. I am guessing it comes down to how competitive the date is. I was honestly confused by the whole thing.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 905
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 01:57:03 (permalink)
Porktown
Driving through “Deep South Alabama”, which is basically the same thing as central PA, WV, OH…. I noticed something REALLY strange. For close to 50 miles on back road driving. Not a SINGLE TRUMP SIGN??? I swore the I was in some other dimension. Exact same trailer, run down house, nice house, really nice house, pattern of most rural areas. Except there didn’t seem to be any need to show allegiance in that area. As soon as you crossed into Florida, Trump signs everywhere. I am guessing it comes down to how competitive the date is. I was honestly confused by the whole thing.

I've been seeing some of the Die hards, with their signs still out , 2 years after the Election, begin to change them. 
I think a lot though may keep em up for the attention. Who knows? 

Imagine having a Bush yard sign out years after he wasn't in office? People need new hobbies man. 

In other news, gas continues to go down, gosh darn Biden Admin! 
EMitch
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1033
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 06:16:28 (permalink)
DeadGator401

In other news, gas continues to go down, gosh darn Biden Admin! 

Some people still want to travel, (despite exorbitant airline fares), but for a lot of people, the inflation reality is sinking in or has already sunk in. When the price of gasoline kept climbing up, the President said he really couldn't do anything about the price of gas; that it was Putin's fault. Now it comes down 50 cents per gallon and according to the spokesperson and other minions, we couldn't have done it without Old Joe? 
Truth of the matter is that usage has gone down. Over the past two weeks, American oil producers have nearly 3 million barrels excess of unsold oil, therefore supply exceeds demand and down goes the price.

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1254
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 06:26:23 (permalink)
 Mr MaGoo has a long way to go getting the price of gas he says he has no control over down another 2 dollars about were Trump left it!!!.Maybe Mrs Taco can help him out!!LOL
EMitch
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 08:59:10 (permalink)
Yeah. At a national average now of $4.45, the price is still $2.20 per gallon more than when Joey the Dunce took over. And hey! How about that trip to Saudi Arabia. Not a single thing accomplished except to PO Israel over the Palestinian question. And Hamas fired rockets into Israel with minutes after Air Force One flew off. It's a good thing he's been a Master of Foreign Policy for the past 50 years. Where would we be without him?

Never try to argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 09:35:18 (permalink)
I’m picking up on some “Biden Derangement Syndrome” vibes this morning.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 11:41:28 (permalink)
Truth hurts you Libs
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 11:46:25 (permalink)
Checking the latest approval ratings looks like Mr Magoo isn't doing so well.7 out 10 folks have that derangement syndrome for Xiden,accross all folks rebubs,Dems,indep,youth,Latino's. Oh Boy oh Boy can't wait for the elections!!
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 12:38:34 (permalink)
ICE NUT
Oh Boy oh Boy can't wait for the elections!!

Biden isn’t up for election this fall. If you want to talk about polling, you should look at the generic ballot polling. That’s gonna tell you a lot more about the House elections in November.

https://projects.fivethir...-ballot/2022/national/

In a political environment where Biden’s approval rating is in the toilet, and the headwinds favor republicans, they should be doing alot better than 1.6 points over democrats.

Republicans nominated another MAGA clown in Maryland yesterday, who is pretty much guaranteed to lose the general election this fall. A Republican held that office for the last 8 years. So you can add Dan Cox to the list that includes mastriano, Walker, Oz… probably JD Vance too.

Voters aren’t in love with Biden right now. But there’s not a lot of evidence that they want republicans either.
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 13:15:06 (permalink)
A podcast I listen to recently had an interview with a guy named Tim Miller. He used to be a Republican strategist that worked for John Mcain, Jeb Bush, Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney etc… he went never trump in 2016 and recently published a memoir of his years working in Republican politics.

His insider take on the Trump phenomena is basically that all these GOP enablers know full well that Trump is a buffoon, they know he is lying about everything, they talk shiit privately, they know he is utterly toxic and terrible… but they all go along with it anyway because it’s the easiest way to get ahead in the world of republican politics. But it’s really just some elaborate fantasy that’s being sold to voters by a bunch of people that all know it’s bullshiit, and they are only participating in it only for their own personal gain.

I can’t say I found any of this surprising. But I think a more important question is whether it’s sustainable, and for how long? Was Trumps electoral success in 2016 the equivalent of a sugar high that’s going to wear off quickly and then backfire?

I think you can draw a straight line between Trump and these guys like Walker and Oz. If these candidates wash out and republicans under perform in the midterms, where does the party go from here? And HOW does that happen exactly?
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 16:44:04 (permalink)
I said elections MyWar that includes the mid terms and the election in2024.red wave a coming the new MAGA World!!!
EMitch
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/20 22:40:00 (permalink)
MyWar
A podcast I listen to recently had an interview with a guy named Tim Miller. He used to be a Republican strategist that worked for John Mcain, Jeb Bush, Jon Huntsman, Mitt Romney etc… he went never trump in 2016 and recently published a memoir of his years working in Republican politics.

4 of them were losers, and then he was wrong about Trump in '16. Why would you put stock into what he has to say when he's not very politically astute?

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 01:27:05 (permalink)
So we've learned:
> Biden is responsible for the increase in Gas Prices
> Biden is not responsible for the prices dropping
Almost like the Oil Companies control it then eh Mitch?

Before the Biden talk ruffles anymore feathers - I've been seeing Gavin Newsome's name thrown around as positioning himself for a presidential run. 
Trump will bow to DeSantis as he's likely seen the writing on the wall, and shoot his minions DeSantis way, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Newsome Vs. Desantis. Newsome has a pretty rich boy aura about him and he held Covid Parties, and DeSantis is well, the Disney genius among a laundry list of other absurdly hilarious things.

Heck, that can change though. One of them could end up in prison or have some new revelation come out about who knows what and we'll end up with a Dr. Oz v Mike Tyson run or something crazy. 

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 01:29:25 (permalink)
Oh also - The Resident Evil show on Netflix is awesome!
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 08:47:31 (permalink)
EMitch
MyWar

4 of them were losers, and then he was wrong about Trump in '16. Why would you put stock into what he has to say when he's not very politically astute?

Oh I think this guy is quite astute. He also co-founded America Rising with Matt Rhoades. They were the kings of dirty opposition research.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/America_Rising

He worked on successful campaigns as well. He got his start working for Bill Owens in 1988. McCain, Romney and Bush also won plenty of senate and gubernatorial elections too. Just because they never became president doesn’t mean they were losers.

But more importantly he worked Republican politics from the inside for a long time, and he had lots of friends and colleagues that would speak candidly about what it’s really about.

https://www.westword.com/...-road-to-hell-14570448
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 09:34:21 (permalink)
Also to add, as for being a “loser”, the main theme in his book (apparently, as I haven’t read it) is that Republican politics has become contaminated with a willingness to win at all costs. Whether it’s the candidates themselves, or their staff, or it’s the people that work in the media outlets that prop the candidates up… they’ve abandoned their ethics and their integrity to jump on the Trump train because it’s the shortest path to some kind of success or reward. And they do this despite the fact they don’t actually believe his lies and think he’s an idiot.

So if you have to lie cheat and steal to “win”, is it really worth wining?
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3348
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 09:48:31 (permalink)
EMitch
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 09:56:31 (permalink)
DeadGator401
So we've learned:

Simply laws of supply & demand. States have more to do with gas prices with different tax rates. Example: Pa gas tax is $0.36 per gallon; diesel $0.56 per gallon, but California must be much higher. If the oil companies really controlled the price of fuel, you might think the average price would be nearly equal across the nation, (excluding transportation to the farthest reaches.

DeadGator401
Before the Biden talk ruffles anymore feathers - I've been seeing Gavin Newsome's name thrown around as positioning himself for a presidential run. 
Trump will bow to DeSantis as he's likely seen the writing on the wall, and shoot his minions DeSantis way, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Newsome Vs. Desantis. 

That would be great to have Newsome as President. He could bring his sanctuary state, high taxes, and the wreck and destruction of California to the entire nation. Can't hardly wait! Hope I live long enough for the '24 election.

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 11:25:53 (permalink)
Biden has Covid 19 now
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 11:33:52 (permalink)
It’s kind of surprising that he made it this long without getting it. Id guess at least 50-75% of my friends/family/co-workers have had it at this point.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 11:39:56 (permalink)
Think the cancer he said he had yesterday during a speech they say was skin cancer.

MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 12:17:26 (permalink)
Here comes the legal pot bill (that will never get through the senate):

https://www.politico.com/...gal-weed-bill-00047058

16 year old me would be so excited about this.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/21 23:21:17 (permalink)
EMitch
DeadGator401
So we've learned:

Simply laws of supply & demand. States have more to do with gas prices with different tax rates. Example: Pa gas tax is $0.36 per gallon; diesel $0.56 per gallon, but California must be much higher. If the oil companies really controlled the price of fuel, you might think the average price would be nearly equal across the nation, (excluding transportation to the farthest reaches.

DeadGator401
Trump will bow to DeSantis as he's likely seen the writing on the wall, and shoot his minions DeSantis way, so I wouldn't be surprised to see Newsome Vs. Desantis. 

That would be great to have Newsome as President. He could bring his sanctuary state, high taxes, and the wreck and destruction of California to the entire nation. Can't hardly wait! Hope I live long enough for the '24 election.

I mean, if we take out the state taxes you mentioned, are they not the same? Oil companies probably don't have direct input on those. (Wouldn't be surprised if lobbyists exist for it though)

I hope you stay around well beyond the 24 election buddy! Fish need caught, and you older anglers are the ones who hold that wisdom!
r3g3
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3065
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/22 17:42:47 (permalink)
older anglers dont always have the touch- on a 90/10 scale of fly fishing even after a number of decades  I seem to hold at around the 10 number
post edited by r3g3 - 2022/07/22 17:44:37
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/22 21:03:35 (permalink)
r3g3
older anglers dont always have the touch- on a 90/10 scale of fly fishing even after a number of decades  I seem to hold at around the 10 number

Ah BS. If dudes like yinz are 10's, I'm a 1. 

I use my fly rod to catch bluegills anymore 
EMitch
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/22 22:37:57 (permalink)
Never forget the number one rule of fishing.

90% of all fish caught are caught in 10% of the water by 10% of the fishermen. Finding them can be hit or miss, (even with our smart electronics),  then it comes down to a correct presentation to determine active, neutral, or totally inactive to whatever you present and any way you present it.Sometimes ya just get lucky.
post edited by EMitch - 2022/07/22 22:39:10

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/28 11:33:18 (permalink)
MyWar
Pro Angler
Re: So what is OFF TOPIC allowed? 2022/07/28 14:10:43 (permalink)
Republicans are sad face because Manchin double crossed McConnell on the budget reconciliation bill with all the climate stuff.

It’s probably the first time I can ever recall democrats playing hardball and beating McConnell at his own game. And it’s perhaps the first noble thing manchin has ever done in his life.

Of course republicans are gonna be all “but the democrats made us vote against veterans!!” But cmon, that’s gonna be a hard one to sell. They’ll have to eventually cave on this one.
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 10 of 18
Jump to: