tree stands on game lands

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
  • Reward points: 0
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 11:54:27 (permalink)
Talked to law enforcement headquarters and she told me there was never a law that consider a tree stand litter and that you could leave a treestand on game lands during the hunting season prior.
post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2011/02/25 12:27:25
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 12:13:34 (permalink)

go back to spain
11-12-11: the last time i got punched in the face
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 14:22:06 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Iron..

It's in the USP's = FACTS AND GUIDE BOOK... ...

Boy, that says a lot!

Like I said, can OA(or anyone) provide a link?

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
Ironhed
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 14:22:57 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: DarDys

Hed,

If he posted this thread as a link, would that be a circular reference?

It could.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 14:38:03 (permalink)
Doc,

Since I don't follow all this sportsman's club stuff, can you explain the difference between the USP that you reference above and the PFSC that you seem to be a member of?

The easiest way to answer that is go to Google search engine..

type in  ===  PFSC, Pa  ====  and you can read their webpage and all their interests..

then type in ===  USP,PA  === and do the same

It should become quite clear the differences

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/02/25 14:39:03
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 15:18:30 (permalink)

Doc,

Since I don't follow all this sportsman's club stuff, can you explain the difference between the USP that you reference above and the PFSC that you seem to be a member of?

The easiest way to answer that is go to Google search engine..

type in  ===  PFSC, Pa  ====  and you can read their webpage and all their interests..

then type in ===  USP,PA  === and do the same

It should become quite clear the differences

I really wasn't looking for the propaganda machine version of each that is presented on their websites, but rather a lay person's ground level view without all of the advertisement baloney.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 16:06:55 (permalink)
Who's fooling who ? New law limits the hunter from putting up a tree stand and leaving it there during a certain period.Limits the hunter to use of game lands. No better only worse than the old law.The hunter gained nothing.The PGC can now receive monies from citations and selling off surplus for this new law.Nice try trying to convince people that you could be fined under the old law for leaving a stand overnight as it was considered litter. LMAO !!!
ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

Talked to law enforcement headquarters and she told me there was never a law that consider a tree stand litter and that you could leave a treestand on game lands during the hunting season prior.

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 16:24:12 (permalink)
IMO--PFSC was a mainstream hunter oriented group of clubs that did a lot of good and represented the hunters views and interests well in Harrisburg for many years. Our local clubs were all represented in the organization. In recent years there has been an influx of folks with more of an outlook from an enviromental point of view and some of them became leaders in the organization. This led to some controversy in the organization and some clubs and individuals felt the group no longer represented their views and left. Presently the club has some finiancal and leadership problems and it is unclear if they will end up as a hunting organization or enviromental organization.

I don't know much about the USP prior to 2001 but they represented the hunters who didn't like the policy change of the PGC and tried to stop it from the beginning. Some of the folks who left the PFSC joined them and they have fought the PGC to the end. I think they had a chance to win if they would have had the finances to hire some experts in the field to research the history of the reasons for the policy shift.Instead they tried to do it with laymen and took into consideration individual wants and needs rather than focusing on the politics and har data. As is normal when average folks using their own money go up against a well financed organization that is also using the hunters own money to fight them the outcome was a foregone conclusion.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 16:31:17 (permalink)
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 16:32:00 (permalink)
View the drop down boxes

http://www.acsl-pa.org/

Ironhed
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 17:14:20 (permalink)
Thanks but I still can't find it.

Those guys should stick to selling jerky at outdoor's shows. lol

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
SonofZ3
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 657
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 17:33:29 (permalink)
Wasn't the entire argument of that site you linked similar to that of a lawsuit that was recently tossed out for being total BS?

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:06:18 (permalink)
Must be a big problem among many huh ? Lots of organizations fighting back at the PGC. Read up guys. Of course they just make this up right ??? You don't see this going on in our neighboring states. Perhaps that why license sales have dropped here and guys are hunting those neighboring states.
SonofZ3
Expert Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:20:53 (permalink)
License sales are dropping across the country. PA is not alone in people whining about shooting does/herd numbers either. FAR from it.

OHWM
Noplacelikehome
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 774
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:27:37 (permalink)
OA, I admit I do hunt Ohio as well as Pa. But I only hunt Ohio(one week of archery) because I see many more bucks. Some well over the 140's. I also enjoy my time with my big bro. The land is leased. I will hunt Pa even if licenses were $1000 dollars a year. The more people that quit hunting in Pa. the more game for me. I choose to hunt harder not cry about it. Life has never been easy for me or my family.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:29:45 (permalink)
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/outdoors/s_722644.html

Pennsylvania's "deer wars" — which date to the 1930s and have earned the state a national reputation as the worst example of how deer hunters and deer managers can argue like bitter divorcees — have lasted for generations, through audits, reviews, lawsuits, changes in staff and changes in board members.

Tell me that the relationship between the PGC and hunters has not caused the license sales to drop. Hunters are fed up with PGC. This is just one writers view many more agree. Yeah, yeah I know it's not the PGC fault and every writer and organization is wrong.

post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2011/02/25 18:36:54
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:40:58 (permalink)
The way things are headed you should have lots of company in OHIO. I know many that are just tired of the BS they have to put up with in Pa.
ORIGINAL: Noplacelikehome

OA, I admit I do hunt Ohio as well as Pa. But I only hunt Ohio(one week of archery) because I see many more bucks. Some well over the 140's. I also enjoy my time with my big bro. The land is leased. I will hunt Pa even if licenses were $1000 dollars a year. The more people that quit hunting in Pa. the more game for me. I choose to hunt harder not cry about it. Life has never been easy for me or my family.

RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:42:06 (permalink)

Really! Who did you talk to? She must not know about the litter cases of the past, but then I guess she wouldn’t since what item of refuse was left isn’t even found on the citation. That information would only be revealed in the hearing and it is the field officer who files the charges and prosecutes the charges through the court instead of someone from the office.

Where did you call and whom did you talk to? I would like to follow up on their answer to you on that question. I have had WCOs tell me about charging people with litter for leaving stands over extended time periods in the past, so I know it has happened.

I also know for an absolute fact that people leaving stands up all year of for extended periods received a lot of complaints and that the Field Officers, at least in this region were asked to provide input on the practice.

But, you can still think what ever you want, just as you always have in the past. I am sure, from past experience, that no amount of logic or commonsense on a subjects have a bearing on your opinions anyway. Hopefully others will be able to figure out the logical and commonsense approach used in the new regulations though.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 18:46:04 (permalink)
There ya go Dars..

I did not have to say anything about the differences in the clubs...

I have posted many times on how the PFSC takes positions based on members feelings..now you see plain as day how the USP spends their money and must not care how they spend their members dollars.. two failed lawsuits cost alot of money and they claim they are "not done yet" and willing to spend more of the members dollars on a lost cause...

Sure does not make me want to run out an join..... wasting my dues... nope can't see that happening...

still have not seen any links to anyone saying Pa is the worst at anything game related.... just opions from the USP supporters on here...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 19:15:35 (permalink)
This is just one writers view many more agree.

Would like OA to explain what writer he is referring to.. I sure hope he does not mean that article is Bob Frye's view.. he was just writing (reporting) the latest from the USP.. I see nothing where he states it is HIS VIEW..

If you ARE referring to Bob Frye...  after I get home from the coyote check station later I'll be more than glad to post links where he writes about the recent changes by the BOC on deer matters hurting the PGC's deer plan... ... and other articles where he writes about what is going on with out posting his OPINIONS or views...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/02/25 19:18:42
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/25 19:49:33 (permalink)
Heck.. I still have 15 minutes before I can lock up the store and head to the club..

Here's one of Bob's article with the other side of the story..

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/outdoors/s_678030.html
Ironhed
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 00:03:53 (permalink)
Let's hear it, OA.
What was the ladies name?

Still waiting for that link, btw.

Ironhed

Blacktop Charters
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 01:10:35 (permalink)
I also had other business with law enforcement besides the question about stands. I gave my name and address and other personal information to her so I don't feel comfortable in releasing the names of the people I spoke with. Past experiences has taught me to keep information confidential on both ends.
ORIGINAL: Ironhed

Let's hear it, OA.
What was the ladies name?

Still waiting for that link, btw.

Ironhed

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 01:14:48 (permalink)
I encourage all members to call and ask about the old tree stand law. Ask if leaving a stand overnight was considered litter and how many cititions where written for leaving a stand overnight.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 09:19:06 (permalink)
I also had other business with law enforcement besides the question about stands. I gave my name and address and other personal information to her so I don't feel comfortable in releasing the names of the people I spoke with. Past experiences has taught me to keep information confidential on both ends.

What a bunch of bull..... the lady is giving out WRONG information "IF" what you even said is even true... and personally I doubt that...

You could easily send RSB a PM and he could look into straightening the lady out who is giving out in-correct information....

I mean after all you just posted that Bob Frye gave "HIS VIEW" in that article you posted and anyone that reads it can plainly see that is not true either... he does not give "his view"

AGAIN BULL OA !!!!
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 12:23:02 (permalink)

I encourage all members to call and ask about the old tree stand law. Ask if leaving a stand overnight was considered litter and how many cititions where written for leaving a stand overnight.

Anyone that is going to make such a call should ask to speak with a WCO or the law enforcement supervisor.

I will agree that in most cases the people weren’t charged and instead just told to remove their stands. There were cases though when people were charged when they refused to heed previous warnings.

That and the increasing occurrence of stands being left on the game lands are all part of the reason the issue needed to be addressed in the first place.

R.S. Bodenhorn
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 15:01:01 (permalink)
talking to a mall security guard about game laws is not talking to proper law enforcement.

go back to spain
11-12-11: the last time i got punched in the face
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 16:48:24 (permalink)
Some of Bob Frye's report was the words from US but those words are in quotation marks "". However at the end his views on how the PGC and the hunters quarreling rank number one in the nation is not in quotation marks making it his (Bob Frye) statement.I could care less what Dr Trout thinks but other can look if they want.I also could care less about straighten out the lady and others at headquarters to satisfy you and RSB. Past experiences have show me that it's a big waste of time.I have had many discussions with law enforcmet. You really think I would share vital information with some INTERNET WCO who seems to think the PCG does no wrong ? I could care less.I have nothing to benefit from it only to loose all my personal information to a INTERNET WCO's like RSB.

What a bunch of bull..... the lady is giving out WRONG information "IF" what you even said is even true... and personally I doubt that...

You could easily send RSB a PM and he could look into straightening the lady out who is giving out in-correct information....

I mean after all you just posted that Bob Frye gave "HIS VIEW" in that article you posted and anyone that reads it can plainly see that is not true either... he does not give "his view"

AGAIN BULL OA !!!!

SonofZ3
Expert Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 18:06:05 (permalink)
Yeah, I hate in when those internet WCO's take my personal information and won't give it back. Its terrible when I can't remember name because some internet WCO has it.

OHWM
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: tree stands on game lands 2011/02/26 19:04:17 (permalink)
I don't need my personal information to be up for grabs such as my name,address,ocupation,and other things. How about you, care to tell everyone about yourself? I like cows do you ? Get my point ???
ORIGINAL: SonofZ3

Yeah, I hate in when those internet WCO's take my personal information and won't give it back. Its terrible when I can't remember name because some internet WCO has it.

post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2011/02/26 19:06:09
Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to: