IS THIS A GAME LAW??????

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Author
SonofZ3
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 657
  • Reward points: 0
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 17:24:00 (permalink)
In two posts you've mentioned the same single suit with the PGC. Anything else, or do you want to expound on the only case you know of some more?

The end of your posts makes an allusion to "the number of serious lawsuits against the PGC at any given time" but doesn't give a number. But by saying that it must mean that there ARE a large number of serious lawsuits right? Thats like me saying "The real issue of course isn't what Outdoor Adventures says, but the number of deer he poaches every year" and then failing to provide any evidence that you poach deer. Talk about sneaky.

Again, anything other than hearsay about the PGC building roads for private companies?

Support your local Fly Shop!

OHWM
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 18:09:37 (permalink)
The roads are built on games lands, that the sportsman bought.The PCG does not "BUILD" roads.They gave permission for the gas company put in the wells and suck out the gas for their bank account. The property that the roads where built on belongs to the sportsman. The gas company can use the roads,the WCO's can use the roads, but the handicapped Sportsman that payed for the land cant get a permit to get his deer out.As for the number of law suits I can post more and more ways the PGC waste money. The Pa sportsman has had enough and are fighting back just like the American people with our government.The PGC is a big political sess pool.
ORIGINAL: SonofZ3

In two posts you've mentioned the same single suit with the PGC. Anything else, or do you want to expound on the only case you know of some more?

The end of your posts makes an allusion to "the number of serious lawsuits against the PGC at any given time" but doesn't give a number. But by saying that it must mean that there ARE a large number of serious lawsuits right? Thats like me saying "The real issue of course isn't what Outdoor Adventures says, but the number of deer he poaches every year" and then failing to provide any evidence that you poach deer. Talk about sneaky.

Again, anything other than hearsay about the PGC building roads for private companies?

tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 18:51:22 (permalink)
It is because of people like you that I am thinking about letting my RGS membership expired.

All media is corrupt.  Someone is paying you to spread this crap, just like they pay hannity, and whoever is his equal on MSNBC.  Never trust media, you ALL have an agenda.  The squeaky wheel gets the grease.

http://www.outdoortalknetwork.com/thehost.html

http://pgchallofshame.com/

So who pads your wallet?  The Unified Spike Killers of Pa?

BTW, WV sucks.  Take it from a transplant.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 20:54:51 (permalink)
looks like the PGC has more fans then we thought.........
LoganWade03
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 21:09:53 (permalink)
nice websites....

you're one of those everythings a conspiracy guys huh?  Pockets clearly aren't too deep on your funding.  Did you make those websites yourself?

The moment of truth. Where all other things unconsciously melt away from our minds the instant a fish takes our fly. We stand there on the water with wide eyes, caught in a battle stance with an idea of confidence and hope
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 21:18:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

I have hunted other states that the law on baiting was very clear and WV where baiting is allowed. In my 6 years of hunting WV I only seen bait in the woods once. I choose not to hunt over bait but saw no problems with it. I can say this they had more respect for their fish and game then we have here.I also never herd about their fish and game being sued for $33 million from illegal action from their fish and game like here. I think the PGC likes confusion. I think they need to do a major overhaul and reorganize. They are like money hungry politicians only looking out for what benefits them $$$. I never had a state cop pull me over just to check my driver license but had a WCO stop me many times and check my license for no reason. A lot are sneaky and dirty and try to find a violation. Their hate club continues to grow. The PGC can push over timber and bulldoze a road to put in a gas well. The gas company can use the road and the WCO's and deputies use the road as well. A handicapped person can not get permission to retrieve a deer by using the road for which his license payed for, he must drag it out. Whats wrong with this picture. What's my beef? Should I continue?

Just because someone makes allegations and/or files a lawsuit doesn’t mean the allegations are founded or truthful. Nor, does it mean the court will find any wrong doing on the part of the officers.

The courts all across this Nation though HAVE ruled that hunting is a highly regulated activity and as such the hunting license can be checked to assure that it is legal license and actually the property of the person possessing it. We frequently find the license isn’t legal (such as a non-resident with a resident license, someone with a borrowed license or with a license with no valid tag for the big game they are hunting).

Usually those gas wells and roads you are complaining about occurred because the Game Commission doesn’t own the minerals under the surface and is thus powerless to prevent the mineral owners from recovering their property. They do have to pay for the surface, meet other environmental standards of legality and eventually return the damaged areas to wildlife suitability as best it can be.

As for opening roads the Game Commission opens many of its roads during the various hunting seasons and especially the deer season. Some roads aren’t opened for a number of reasons. Some roads can’t withstand the excessive vehicle travel without causing excessive damage that would cost hunter monies to repair. For every hunter that wants more roads open there is another hunter that wants fewer roads open so the Game Commission has to balance those hunter requests and demands. There are still a lot of hunters that want to hunt along some of those roads without having vehicles driving back and forth past them all day by hunters road hunting or just driving into recover dead game. There are already hundreds of thousands of forested roads crossing public lands that are open to motor vehicles. Anyone with limited physical ability can certainly find a suitable hunting area to match his or her hunting ability. The Game Commission even has roads that are only open to disabled hunters and others that allow disabled hunters to use an ATV to gain access. But, some areas DO need to be closed to motor vehicles so other license holders can also have a quality hunt instead of just catering to those that want to or even need to drive everywhere they go.

R.S. Bodenhorn
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:19:36 (permalink)

WE?
LoganWade03
Expert Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:26:07 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: tippecanoe

WE?

We... translates to, my imaginary friend and myself in fantasy land....

Maybe it's his imaginary friend feeding him all this nonsense

The moment of truth. Where all other things unconsciously melt away from our minds the instant a fish takes our fly. We stand there on the water with wide eyes, caught in a battle stance with an idea of confidence and hope
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:28:50 (permalink)

YEP.. still running about 75% - 80% approval on most issues...

We should demand the resignation of Russ Schleiden without delay or remorse.

Have you even looked at a list of the BOC lately.. "Russ has left the building" .. his terms EXPIRED and it had nothing to do with you or that old silly lawsuit .... !!!!!

33 million because he had to drop his pants that had blood stains ??? talk about ridiculous lawsuits .....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/11/03 22:33:45
LoganWade03
Expert Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:31:11 (permalink)
thought you quit again dude?

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:34:48 (permalink)
Nope back by popular demand !!!
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:35:27 (permalink)
Sounds like a silly law suit... BUT throwing F bombs at one's mother would be fightin words...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

tippecanoe
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:40:33 (permalink)
Hey Michael Savage of the hunting world,

Do you really think that calling out an individual WCO on an semi-popular internet fishing forum with a sub forum of hunting is the best way to get your point across?

Do you not see, can you not see, that you are an extremist?  How is it that hate can blind a person so?  Utter f'in ignorance. 

RSB doesn't need me sticking up for him, he seems like a stand up guy.  He has something that your fired up, big headed radio personality can never have: cooth.

I can see both sides(yes it is possible. Try it.) Some of the laws need to be more well written so that folks arent breaking them unknowingly, as I also see where if you are a reasonable person, and you use your head, you will never have a problem to begin with.  That is what you can't see.  You take a stand against the PGC, and would oppose them if they elected Jesus Christ as their President.  You have been paid off man, because I fail to accept that any person can be as irrational as you. 

Just because the Unified Spike Hunters of Pennsylvania gave you an Italian shotgun, doesn't mean you can attack individual WCOs whom you have had no contact with on a internet forum.  Check yourself dude. 

also.....

Sorry IronHed,

I know that this thread is going to get locked soon, and I am not making your job any easier, but I had to go there.  I hope you understand.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:53:51 (permalink)
Hey Michael Savage of the hunting world,

Now that's funny.....

It's intersting he refers to an article he wrote but gives no link or name so we can read the article for ourselves .... !!!!!

and as so often is the case === it is == ONE SIDE OF THE TRUE STORY !!!!

tippecanoe
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 22:58:00 (permalink)
check out those links doc.

and logan told me you quit?  what was that about?

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/03 23:10:01 (permalink)
got mad and said I was going to quit.. but decided to stay and speak my mind....

-----------------------------

I'm waiting to see if he will say who he is and post a link to the article so we can read it for ourselves...If you post an article you are supposed to give the author credit for the article....

you know there are writers out there that love to threaten law suits againt message boards and those who run them if they get too much anti replies or post things without their permission......
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/11/03 23:13:20
RIZ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 00:03:20 (permalink)
OA

do you really get paid for writing that bad?  you don't even know the difference between then and than let alone properly structured sentences and paragraphs.  maybe you should take a writing course.  plus, with and in-your-face-attitude like what you display here, you could never get middle of the road readers to agree with your position.
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 05:04:21 (permalink)
Doc wrote=got mad and said I was going to quit..

He does that a lot
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 05:55:49 (permalink)
Just another senior moment....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4011
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 08:24:25 (permalink)
you mean slinsky the snake is among us or is there more snakes in the grass?  oops, did I say his name?

oh well, it is going to take more than usp drivel to convince me....
RIZ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 09:34:10 (permalink)
yea he must of crawled up through the sewer drain.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 19:59:05 (permalink)
Lets see, I have been accused of being paid off,made fun of for my writing skills, been insulted and called names, accused of making up false websites to name a few. Is this what you BOYS do when the facts are in front of you and you wont accept them? You Boys got some class let me tell ya !!
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 20:22:38 (permalink)
made fun of for my writing skills,

Join the club, I get that all the time....

But I do not claim to be a writer either though...
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 21:35:32 (permalink)
I can tell by the amount of editing you do.
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

made fun of for my writing skills,

Join the club, I get that all the time....

But I do not claim to be a writer either though...

SonofZ3
Expert Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 21:40:13 (permalink)

Lets see, I have been accused of being paid off,made fun of for my writing skills, been insulted and called names, accused of making up false websites to name a few. Is this what you BOYS do when the facts are in front of you and you wont accept them? You Boys got some class let me tell ya !!

You catch a lot of flak because you spew a lot of it too. Lets be fair, the only FACT you've posted so far is that there is a lawsuit and what the allegations are. Everything else is opinion, and anecdotal evidence. Thats not facts. You said that the PGC builds roads for gas companies, and I doubt you would've corrected yourself if I hadn't called you out on it. If you want throw out statements not backed up by anything, especially in consistently overly aggressive posts, expect some flak.

OHWM
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 22:55:46 (permalink)
Better read it again jr.(The PGC can push over timber and bulldoze a road to put in a gas well.) Do you think the gas company did this on their own without the PGC approving it. WRONG ! The game commission owns the mineral rights and only profits from the 3 wells it has on the land. They also gave a gas company permission to knock down more trees and to run a gas line through the same game lands from private wells. The PGC collects lease money for this. Now timber is marked to be cut and once again more money in the pockets of the PGC. This is only on one tract of game land that I'm talking about. What does the PGC do with all the monies that are collected from these wells and timber sales? Perhaps the PGC needs to take a closer look at their spendings such as the $40,000.00+ Ford Expeditions that some WCO's drive.The PGC is a mess lets hope they can get it together.I encourage all that have a problem with them to contact the PGC headquarters in Harrisburgh and your local state rep as well. To have a WCO pull you over for no reason is crap. A state police officer can't due this.They are out of control. NEED MORE FACTS ?????????????
post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2010/11/04 22:57:02
SonofZ3
Expert Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 23:03:37 (permalink)
No, I need the facts for that. Where is this game land? How do you know the PGC owns the mineral rights? How do you know they get money from timber cutting? How do I know any of this is anything other than something you heard second hand?

If a gas company owns the subsurface rights to an area they don't need approval. They only need to follow DEP regulations. Subsurface rights don't take second place to surface rights. You don't want drilling on game lands? Then the PGC needs funding to purchase OGM rights underneath game lands.

OHWM
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 23:33:26 (permalink)
I know because I was there when these procedures stated. I also know the owner of the gas company. This game land was trashed. Which was once timber is now roads and wells. Do you think the timber will be given away for free? As far as wanting drilling on game lands I think it is up to the sportsman to decide not the money hungry commision. Sportman's license and fines payed for the land and god knows PGC writes a lot of chicken sh**t fines. I hope the Pa gas and timber commission can get on tract. Don't be afraid and voice your opinion to the new group running this commission.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 23:38:57 (permalink)
The purpose of this study was to evaluate the PGC’s administration and use of their timber and OGM resources, and to assess whether the PGC could and should increase revenues from these resources in order to offset recent declines in other revenues and "rising management costs". The PGC’s most important revenue source is license fees, which account for about half of the agency’s revenues, followed by timber, OGM, and coal, which account for about one-quarter of revenues. On average over the past five years, timber revenues have been about $12.5 million/year (about 20% of PGC revenues), but timber revenues have been trending downward lately, primarily due to low prices and poor timber markets. OGM revenue has averaged about $2 million/year over the last 5 years, but increased substantially in FY2008-09 due to leases from the Marcellus shale.
Land acquisition continues to be a priority area in PGC’s strategic plan. With limited and reduced budgets for land management and decreased prices for timber, some question the financial benefits of land acquisition. However, given the PGC mission of wildlife habitat, land acquisition is an important component of meeting that objective, provided that the acquired parcels help achieve clearly defined wildlife habitat needs.

http://lbfc.legis.state.pa.us/reports/2010/26prs.PDF
post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2010/11/04 23:42:47
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: IS THIS A GAME LAW?????? 2010/11/04 23:44:22 (permalink)
Typical Slimesky and USP bull...

just keep talking === blah..blah.. blah..

avoid answering the questions so someone can research and see how much of your stuff is pure bull and opinions... not facts...

No, I need the facts for that. Where is this game land? How do you know the PGC owns the mineral rights?

what game land ???

It will take me about an hour to get all the facts about the drilling there ...

is that so hard to answer.... or are you afraid some of us will do research and find that once again you're full of it.... just your usual negative personality and anti PGC and anti-hunting rhetoric

Page: < 12345 > Showing page 4 of 5
Jump to: