Do you know this game law????

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/24 07:22:28 (permalink)
I stick by my original statement in answer to the original question.

If you want to be in the woods hunting 'yotes with a firearm in archery season, you need a furtakers license.

Doesn't seem that hard to understand to me.

Tell trout we miss him.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4011
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/24 08:59:59 (permalink)
To answer my own question, I'd try to kill the yote with my bow just because I like shooting my bow and I'd be legal but, I still may be carrying.
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/24 23:16:50 (permalink)
Isn't it a shame that there needs to be this much debate to figure out game law?

Better too far back, than too far forward.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/28 10:12:15 (permalink)
#!1-----------
without doing research, are you allowed to hunt coyotes in archery season with a rifle/shotgun with a regular hunting license..??

Let's see -----

archery season is October 3rd to Nov.14th ----

during that time on Oct 22-24..  i.e. during archery season...

I will be filling my 2F doe tag and Clear Creek DMAP tag with two deer and yes I will use a rifle or shotgun... and hell yes I'll shoot a coyote if one comes by.. and I will be using my regular hunting license.... not a fur taker one..

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/28 10:23:39 (permalink)
#2 ... carrying your bow into or in the woods after hunting hours looking for a wounded or dead deer...

we had this same discussion last year and the law has NOTchanged...

you have to notified the PGC that you are doing that or you can be fined for hunting after hours.....
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/28 10:26:15 (permalink)
#3... shooting a possum for fun....

I believe the only person allowed to shoot a possum is one with a furtakers license.......
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/28 10:55:43 (permalink)
#4.. at least I think there were only 4 things definitely wrong in these game law quzs that I read..

If you are hunting deer during archery season using a  bow or crossbow  (your archery stamp) there is no way you could shoot a coyote with a gun/rifle/shotgun... you are not allowed to carry a "gun" while archery deer hunting..

now don't get all excited...

yes to prove our 2nd amendment rights are valuable ...the law was changed about carring a handgun with a permit to carrying a concealed weapon while archery deer hunting and spotlighting...
now don't get all excited...

but that does not mean you can shoot it other than in self dfense if your life is threatened... so no coyote shooting here either... with or without a furtakers license.. you are archery deer hunting .. no shooting guns.

well of to rest up for my doe hunting in a few weeks........
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/28 11:05:43
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/28 11:04:39 (permalink)
Ooooooopppp there was one more.....

Coyotes: (Statewide) - No Closed Season. Outside of any deer or bear sea-
son may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker’s license and without
wearing orange.

so during those 6 weeks of achery season WHERE does it say I can not shoot a coyote while small game hunting...  NO CLOSED season OUTSIDE  is what it says...  I'm not archery hunting.. let's say I don't even have an archery stamp.. and you guys are trying to telling me I can't shoot a coyote during those 6 weeks....... ??

gheeeeeez..........
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 09:00:06 (permalink)
you must have a furtakers license to shoot a coyote in archery season, gun, with or with out an archery stamp, read it, if thats not what you interpret...outside of any deer/bear season,  6 weeks in deer season..call the regional office they will fill you in..thought you weren't posting here anymore?????  addicted...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 09:40:14 (permalink)
too many E-mails and private messages asking me to stay and post
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 10:19:44 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Ooooooopppp there was one more.....

Coyotes: (Statewide) - No Closed Season. Outside of any deer or bear sea-
son may be taken with a hunting license or a furtaker’s license and without
wearing orange.

so during those 6 weeks of achery season WHERE does it say I can not shoot a coyote while small game hunting...  NO CLOSED season OUTSIDE  is what it says...  I'm not archery hunting.. let's say I don't even have an archery stamp.. and you guys are trying to telling me I can't shoot a coyote during those 6 weeks....... ??

gheeeeeez..........

I think you cleared it up pretty well with this one Doc. You're right....NO CLOSED season OUTSIDE is what it says. Therefor, those 6 weeks you mention is INSIDE a deer or bear season, regardless of weather you have an archery stamp or not it is INSIDE a deer or bear season. Thus, you need a furtakers.

I stick with my answer to the original question.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 10:53:21 (permalink)

too many E-mails and private messages asking me to stay and post

Glad to see it, arguing with SK alone would be too easy........

There are lots of morons here, its part of the ambieance(sp).

Better too far back, than too far forward.
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 16:50:25 (permalink)
it's been my experience that during a given season, you may only take a coyote with whatever weapon you are pursuing the game with.

so archery - bow, rifle season- rifle, turkey... you get the idea. i'm not sure that the whole saying you're hunting for coyotes with a gun during archery season would fly with the officer who stops you, should that happen. most conservation officers are pretty stringent on "it is ___ season so you can only be in the woods with a *insert weapon here*."

i have been told that whatever animal you are hunting, the tag must be placed on the coyote you shoot. ran into that problem last year when my dad shot a coyote on the first weekend of rifle
post edited by heyiknowyou - 2009/09/29 16:52:08
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 20:06:58 (permalink)
what digest have  you been reading////>>>>???????   nothing you posted is close to the law...tag a coyote,,???? where does this law exist..wow...
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 20:58:50 (permalink)
Double wow!

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/29 22:26:48 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 270wbmag

what digest have  you been reading////>>>>???????   nothing you posted is close to the law...tag a coyote,,???? where does this law exist..wow...

sorry i'm not as distinguished as you kind sirs. like i said, it's always been to my understanding that in ____ season you can only shoot a coyote as long as you have a valid ____ tag. and i thought that someone told us that you had to tag it. i am so sorry that i offended you, i have better things to do than get on the PAGC website and read about all the laws just so i can post my take on them here. i was just offering up what i had heard in the past. besides, if it's not over 30 pounds, you dont keep it... you take pictures of it and throw it over the hill because it's nothing to brag about
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 07:19:38 (permalink)
nothing to with being distinguished, just be informed on laws, read the book before you post, and don't listen to "hearsay".. from other people, or you will be paying fines..wco's won't let you off because of your understanding from someone that told you..don't get bummed, just get it right, read....didn't offend me, ....
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 09:42:11 (permalink)
Dear Pork and 270....

I have given you plenty of time to research the topic of hunting coyotes during the periond Oct 3rd until NOv14th. (archery season as you are calling it).. I tired to show that there are other seaosn during this time too... but you guys would rather argue that find the facts...

You continue to state I need a furtakers license to shoot coyotes during that time period... ...  well here's the E- mail that EVERYONE else knew was coming ----- that I sent Tuesday... to prove I was right along ...

Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2009 5:31 PM
To: PGC
Subject: coyote question....

#1...  It's the first week of squirrel season and I am hunting squirrels... a coyote happens by .. can I legally shoot it ???

#2 how about small game .. rabbit hunting ..  I jump a coyote can I legally shot it ????

#3.. This will be my first year of senior antlerless on Oct 22... can I shoot a coyote then if one happens by ??

Thanks...
Doc Trout

ANSWER ----  JUST EXACTLY WHAT I SAID 

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes

The only time you can't shoot a coyote is during the deer/bear seasons when you no longer have a valid deer/bear tag or the spring turkey season and you no longer have a valid turkey tag. That is to prevent hunters from being out there trying to kill more then the limit and using "I'm hunting coyotes" as an excuse for being out there hunting with a loaded gun.

Later,
xxxxxx

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/30 09:43:28
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 10:24:49 (permalink)
...but you didn't ask the original question, right?

Thanks for clearing that up.

Clear as mud.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 10:35:25 (permalink)
All the time periods I just mentioned are in the same time period as archery season. and that was the question...

without doing research, are you allowed to hunt coyotes in archery season with a rifle/shotgun with a regular hunting license..??

and you and 270 said that during that time period (archery season ) I needed a furtakers licesne.. the E-mail shows you are full of it...  and do not know what yuou are talking about.

but I already knew that ..... the two of you have one goal here at fisherie... toss out BS and hope "Trout" does not respond !!!!

and the PGC answer was so simple a 5th grader could understand it..

As long as you are not hunting deer..bear.. or turkey.. (in other words OUTSIDE these situations) there are no restrictions on killing coyotes year round... NO CLOSED SEASON... may be taken with a regular license or furtakers.

ghezzzzz

you just never quit ??????????????
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/30 10:49:00
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 10:48:22 (permalink)

ghezzzzz

you just never quit ??????????????

What fun would that be?

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 10:55:39 (permalink)
I enjoy having fun as much as the next guy..

I also have no problem admitting when I was wrong...

I knew the coyote question because as I have said so many time...

the local WCO and I are friends he lives less than a mile away and I see him almost every day.....  I am friends with the Elk County WCO as well .. he was originally from this area and went to school in Brookville...
and because of my message board and web site I have others that are willing to help answer questions etc at any time 24/7....

If you were a member of my board you would have had the coyote question  cleared up LAST YEAR !!!!

Do NOT GET ME WONG.. I am not bragging...

It's just that I have been doing the outdoors internet thing a LONG time and that has allowed me my "contacts" and "sources" to help folks be informed and understand DCNR, PGC and PFBC, etc

IN FACT.. and maybe I should not even post this....

I was on the phone and E-mailing for three hours on Monday getting it straight about me hunting does on the Oct22 senior hunt with my regular license and not a senior one...... at first I was told one thing and then the other...  it was finally straightened out and it all had to do with a mis-understanding about the word  ""application year" versus "calendar year"....

and the one guy had NO PROBLEM telling me he was wrong  :)
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/30 11:04:28
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 11:10:19 (permalink)
Now if 270 will just tell us who gave him all the wrong info.. ????

or will he just say NOTHING ?????

what do you think guys ?????

To bad he did not take his own advice and call the regional office....

what an a..........
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 17:14:08 (permalink)
dr.Malpractice....you are the one full of bull crap, I phoned regional office for this district and also spoke to Dave Stewart wco clearfield, last year, what part of outside of archery season don't you understand, you are the jerk...first week of archery, no other season than deer, you can not hunt coyotes without a furtakers license, end of story, put the persons name you talked with, other than th at its "hearsay" from you..no proof you spoke with anyone..the first guy i spoke with at regional did not know the anwer, went to a supervisor..spoke to colleen shannon, she did not know the law either...but it states, outside any deer /bear y ou don't need an furtakers, turkey season in fall you have to have valid turkey tag, or furtakers license.. readit malpractice..
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 17:32:14 (permalink)
here it is//////  right out of penna. game commission law book...

TITLE 34 PART 3 OF TITLE 58

VER BATUM:....COYOTES:    DURING ANY ARCHERY DEER SEASON:   MAY BE TAKEN WHILE LAWFULLY HUNTING DEER OR WITH A FURTAKERS LICENSE:

COYOTES:   DURING ANY DEER/BEAR REGULAR FIREARMS SEASON:...MAY BE TAKEN WHILE LAWFULLY HUNTING DEER OR BEAR OR WITH A FURTAKERS LICENSE WHILE WEARING 250 SQ. IN . OF ORANGE...

COYOTES:  SPRING TURKEY:    MAY BE TAKEN BY A PERSON WITH A VALID TAG AND MEET ORANGE AND SHOT REQUIREMENTS..

NOW WHAT ARGUMENT DO YOU HAVE WITH THIS???????????????.. IF YOU DON'T AGREE WITH MAJORITY OF US, THEN GO GET YOUR SELF ARRESTED...
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 18:44:29 (permalink)
you put the answer right there...

""DURING ANY ARCHERY DEER SEASON:   MAY BE TAKEN WHILE LAWFULLY HUNTING DEER ""

I won't be hunting deer.. I will be hunting coyotes, squirrels, rabbits, and pheasants with my regular license...
has nothing to do with a deer season... just happens to overlap with archery season....

and naturally I can not shoot one while hunting deer with a bow.. not allow to carry a gun...

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 18:58:35 (permalink)
As for proof I wrote or called... all I can say is .. I posted the E-mail

and 95% of the folks here know I would not make that up...

you have no proof either.. except it was last year and one of the folks you talked to was in land management.. not law enforcement (colleen)

plus you said yourself....  they did not know the answer....

If the E-mail was not clear enough maybe this will be...

Coyotes ---  NO CLOSED SEASON  .. with certain exceptions during deer, bear, and turkey seasons

NOTE... it says NOTHING about archery season........and the certain exceptions  in deer,bear and spring turkey,  is the fact you need that un-used tag.....

So I'm done... I told you when the post started 270 was wrong and he still is... I even went and wrote the E-mail knowing the answer...... so it's up to you... either call for yoursellf ... believe my E-mail.. or 270's statement..

Its up to you....

But anyone that thinks just because it's archery season all the other rules/seasons do not count is NUTS !!!

If you are not hunting deer during archery season. with a bow or crossbow ... you can shoot coyotes....... 
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/30 19:22:31
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 20:03:51 (permalink)
is this man that dense or what???????   you come over next week, bring a rifle and no furtakers rifle, say you are hunting coyotes and i will call wco and have your sorry butt arrested..you are not only a liar, but stupid to boot. i will try to explain this to you in infant dialog...lawfully hunting deer, means with bow/crossbow, you can take a coyote with above weapon..any other weapon, rifle, shotgun, pellet gun, spear, you must have a furtakers, do you get it yet, if not, you have demetia or someother mental problem...and you call me a hole..look in the mirrow..you are wrong and thats it..
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 20:11:52 (permalink)
why do you keep saying while hunting deer......

I never said while hunting deer...... and if you check your original post NEITHER did you...  you said during archery season ( Oct 3-NOv 14)

call your friends in Clearfield and tell them to E-mail telling me I can not shoot a coyote while  I am hunting  from Oct  3rd to Nov 14th.... not archery hunting for deer.. just hunting....

AIN't gonna happen and you know it...........
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/09/30 20:15:12
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/09/30 20:14:40 (permalink)

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: