Do you know this game law????

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 06:40:08 (permalink)
you have made a complete fool out of your self on this one, where are all  your "pm" buddies to back you up???? not one posted that you know what you are talking about..if you can't understand this one, you are a hopeless case, it is very easy and you still can't see it..i am done with it.. go get busted..unbelievable????  get someone to help you understand "lawfully hunting deer" or with a furtakers license>>>   key word here is or...you are a package deal..
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 08:44:39 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Skip16503

my thoughts exactly. HUG IT OUT BOYS
Wayniac
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 115
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 10:54:43 (permalink)
Wow how things get so blown up! Two guys with the same means, trying to help others with good information in such a heated debate. My guess is if you were face to face and could talk instead of typing you would probably agree. So many times things written are understood differently than being said. Also it's so much easier to correct a misunderstanding in person and not behing the keyboard. I must say I never read Dr. trouts site until recently and he seems to be a good sportsman (not taking sides, just saying), I dont know either person but do enjoy reading there post. How about a big hug! I still go with the fact if I want to coyote hunt in archery I can do so without a furbearers tag. I do however buy one anyway just so I can shoot them anytime and kill a fox for decorative purposes. 
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 11:36:48 (permalink)
why is this so hard to understand, states outside of any deer season, archery is in october and two weeks november..so those 6 weeks are inside deer season, law says outside any deer/bear season, for the umteenth time, YOU MUST HAVE A FURTAKERS LICENSE...I DIDN'T MAKE THIS UP, ITS IN THE BOOKS..NEXT WEEK FOR EXAMPLE, NOTHING IS IN SEASON EXCEPT DEER/ARCHERY..LAW SAYS AGAIN, MUST HAVE FURTAKERS LICENSE, BELIEVE IT NOT..THATS THE LAW...TROUT DOESN'T WANT TO ADMIT HE IS WRONG .....I AM NOT WRONG, READ THE LAW BOOKS...WHY DID HE NOT WRITE JERRY FEASER AND PUT THIS ON THE POST..?????  
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 15:59:28 (permalink)
JERRY FEASER  is the press secretary.... I went to law enforcement people...

BTW ----  I'm waiting now on an E-mail from your WCO Dave Stewart explaining why he told you I can not shoot a coyote while small game hunting with my regular license....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/10/01 16:01:47
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 16:14:54 (permalink)
I am more confused now than when this thread started....lol

Better too far back, than too far forward.
Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 16:20:08 (permalink)
^...but, small game comes in 10-17, right?

And archery comes in 10-3, right?

So, what about the 2 weeks when archery is in, but small game isn't??

Between 10-3 and 10-17-09? And you want to shoot a coyote with a gun....

You need a furtakers.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
Wayniac
Avid Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 16:27:35 (permalink)
I dunno!
sugarfuzz12
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 527
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 16:45:52 (permalink)
j/w but do any of you even hunt coyotes? 
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 16:54:51 (permalink)
Not during the first two weeks of archery, don't have my furtakers.

...actually, no I've never shot a coyote. But that doesn't stop me from wanting to know the game law regarding hunting them. And it doesn't mean I won't shoot one should it happen by.

...I'm surprised no one that does hunt them a lot has chimed in one way or the other.??

I have a guy at work that hunts them year round, has dogs & spends a lot of time going after them. He agrees that you need a furtakers during the first two weeks of archery, but says he's not positive because he's always archery hunting those two weeks. I just find it funny it isn't spelled out in the regs....and I like a good debate.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 17:19:23 (permalink)
you got it pork, but trout don't believe us..I have shot 7 coyotes in my life and 2 in one day this year, posted that on another thread..seen 18 so far this year..maybe same one a couple times, wife saw a black one this week, i have video of a black one two years ago, that would be a trophy..remember they are the smartest animal in this state..
heyiknowyou
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1279
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 20:02:46 (permalink)
the smartest animal in the state is bigfoot... thats why you haven't seen him, because he's good at hiding and tricking people into thinking he's not there
Wayniac
Avid Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 22:05:17 (permalink)
I think I hunt them, but not sure!

post edited by Wayniac - 2009/10/01 22:06:14

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/01 23:46:40 (permalink)

AGAIN--- this is in answer to the question can I kill  a coyote if I am not archery deer hunting  with my regular license... Oct 3rd to Nov14th...

Sent: Wednesday, September 30, 2009 7:31 PM
To: PGC
Subject: Re: coyote question....

I hate to bother you again.. but another guy insists..

he called Clearfield Regional and that WCO Dave Stewart and Colleen
told him I had to have a furtakers license to do that ?????

Because it was archery deer season ???????????

Here's the reply to this one ---

Nope, all you need is either a hunting or furtaker's license to hunt coyotes under most circumstances.

Look at page 12 of the current digest under 1) of the Hunting hours Table

or page 76 under coyotes, both places do a pretty good job of explaining it.

There are times when orange would be required and shot sizes required that are legal for spring gobbler during that season, but as long as you are legal to hunt for deer within that season you can take coyotes with just a hunting license. If you have already killed all of the deer you are legally licensed for then you would have to have a furtaker's license to hunt of coyotes.

XXXXX

so there once again you have it from the PGC... outside of deer seasons and while not hunting deer --- no closed season and you can use regular license or furtakers...

INSIDE deer season and while hunting deer.. you have to go by the rules for that season...

if hunting deer during archery deer season you can use your bow, crossbow or furtakers... note in the E-mail he states "legal for hunting deer in that season" ...  carrying a gun while hunting for deer in archery would not be legal... so I could not shoot a coyote with a gun using my regular or archery license.....

If hunting deer during a rifle season.. you have to have a tag that has not been used

If hunting bear you have to have a tag that has not been used

If hunting SPRING gobbler you have to have an unused spring turkey tag and could not use a 22 rifle or other rifle there's a shot size restrictions...

NOTICE it says Nothing about shooting coyotes  during fall turkey ???  anywhere  .....  wonder why...

OH WAIT ----- does not say anything anywhere about shooting coyotes while small game hunting either ????

GHeeeez.. wonder why ????

It's because there is NO CLOSED SEASON on them..... and a regular license is all you need..

unless you are hunting deer, bear or spring turkey then there are some special circumstances

Is that easy enough to understand now ????
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/10/02 00:27:53
sugarfuzz12
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 02:08:11 (permalink)
Wayniac no need to be a smartass was just asking because i figured someone that was a big coyote hunter would know.  By the way killing one coyote (probably out of luck while deer hunting) doesn't make you a big coyote hunter.
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 06:12:06 (permalink)
  trout, what does under most circumstances, thats not blanket policy..you could have wrote that email, "where did you find the email address?????  you make it up.. tell us because i have never seen any email other than jerry feaser..pgc comments. email..Dave stewart also told me I need a valid fall turkey tag if hunting coyotes in fall without a furtakers license, don't blame all this mixup on me, colleen was a warden for 20 years, and she did not know the law, but said dave stewart is up on everything..I don't believe the law is written so we can understand it easily..but they will write you under "ignorance of the law is no excuse"...oh doc, you are very thick in the head, you just don't want to believe you are wrong,,archery,lawfully hunting deer, means with a bow, umpteenth time again, need a furtakers license if in the woods next week with a rifle, hunting coyotes, end this will ya..admit you are wrong.."WCO'S DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESSES, WHO YOU KIDDING..THEY WOULD HAVE TO BLOCK YOU OR ARREST YOU FOR "HARRASMENT BY COMMUNICATIONS'
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 07:21:53 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

if hunting deer during archery deer season you can use your bow, crossbow or furtakers... note in the E-mail he states "legal for hunting deer in that season" ...  carrying a gun while hunting for deer in archery would not be legal... so I could not shoot a coyote with a gun using my regular or archery license.....

This is all I've been trying to say Doc. We're in total agreement now.

I was just replying to the original question:

ORIGINAL: 270wbmag

without doing research, are you allowed to hunt coyotes in archery season with a rifle/shotgun with a regular hunting license..??

And I said:

ORIGINAL: Pork

I think so...provided you have a fur bearers license?

I'm no 'yote hunter, so just stabbing in the dark here.

kevinupp
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 606
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 07:27:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sugarfuzz12

Wayniac no need to be a smartass was just asking because i figured someone that was a big coyote hunter would know.  By the way killing one coyote (probably out of luck while deer hunting) doesn't make you a big coyote hunter.

Honestly most hardcore coyote hunters probably wouldn't know, or even care. They buy their furtakers license and know they're legal.

More than a million trees a year die to print environmentalist publications.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 09:23:24 (permalink)
270's original question said NOTHING about while hunting deer ....

it just said ""archery season""  which is Oct 3rd to Nov14th..

I pointed out that as long as I was not hunting deer I could shoot a coyote with my regular license... which he STILL says I can't...

But I can --- and here is a THIRD E-mail this one from an Offical in Harrisburg ----

270 still does not understand the WHILE HUNTING DEER  part and that's his "bad"

MY E-mail ====

Sent: Thursday, October 01, 2009 1:43 PM
To: Information Officer
Subject: coyotes...

This coyote debate is unreal.....

I E-mailed a local wco asking --

if I were small game hunting.. i.e. squirrel, rabbits , pheasants etc during the overlap with deer archery season could I use my 22 rilfe or a shotgun and shoot a coyote if one happened by .... using my regular adult hunting license...

the wco told me YES.... as long as I was not archery hunting for deer... while archery hunting for deer I needed an archery stamp or furtakers license...

here is what the other guy I am debating says..

""why is this so hard to understand, states outside of any deer season, archery is in october and two weeks november..so those 6 weeks are inside deer season,  YOU MUST HAVE A FURTAKERS LICENSE...I DIDN'T MAKE THIS UP, ITS IN THE BOOKS..NEXT WEEK FOR EXAMPLE, NOTHING IS IN SEASON EXCEPT DEER/ARCHERY..LAW SAYS AGAIN, MUST HAVE FURTAKERS LICENSE, BELIEVE IT NOT..THATS THE LAW... DR TROUT DOESN'T WANT TO ADMIT HE IS WRONG .....I AM NOT WRONG, READ THE LAW BOOKS...

Is my WCO wrong ?????

thanks
Dave

answer ====

The WCO is correct.

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/10/02 09:29:24
Wayniac
Avid Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 09:25:24 (permalink)
Sugarfuzz I do have boxes of calls, electronic callers, decoys,etc. so therefor I do spend a little time hunting coyotes. I agree with kevinupp that if you hunt them you probably have a furtakers license. I do and dont pay attention to the details of the law. The original question was do you know this game law? Then it gets out of control. Sugar you are trying to stir the pot more! I wasn't being a smart+ss You ask J/W do any of you even hunt coyotes? I simply answered! I'm done with this thread so I dont get thrown off fisherie
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 09:35:38 (permalink)
Wayniac --  It "got out of control" because some one still posts the wrong info....

If you are not actively hunting deer, bear or spring turkey... you can shoot a coyote year round,.. no closed season... even in archery season..( the original question)

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 10:10:38 (permalink)
Let's put this to rest once and for all....

I do not list E-mail addresses or names from E-mail I receive unless I have permission to do so and choose to do so...  with the attacks I get here I'll never do that here, why I even have a WCO that post on my board but insults and bashing are not tolerated over there....

I can only image what the person answering my questions would hear in return if I posted the info here....  anyone can E-mail PGC personnel in Harrisburg... the E-mail addresses are NOT TOP SECRET ""

now the orginal question was worded tricky and I think 270 knew that, he was testing to see if he could get me to respond to something that was WRONG...

he did not say a thing about while activily hunting deer... he keeps adding that now to make it look like I was wrong and that's what he has been saying all along.. but as we all know it is not what he has been saying..

why he even said a WCO told him I could not shoot a coyote while small ganme hunting because in overlaped with his archery season... and we now know that is not true either...

Had the quetions been... can you shot a coyote during archery season while hunting deer.....

I would Never Had responded...  because that is true..

BUT he worded it in a  particular way... by just saying archery season....

thus ignoring the  NO CLOSED SEASON on coyotes and the exceptions to those coyote hunting rules ( while hunting these animal in their seasons...deer season, bear season, and spring turkey)...

So next week is a part of the NO CLOSED season for coyotes as long as you are not deer hunting with your archery stamp...  so go bag a yote

but please remember there are archery hunters out there too........

good luck....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/10/02 10:13:00
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 10:59:33 (permalink)
Doc, I'm gonna try one more time, because I think we're all in agreement here...but just won't admit it.

The question was worded a little tricky, but I think this was done on purpose to expose the catch in the law. (or the area that's unclear, however you want to say it.)

And by your own admission in post #73 (I quoted in post #76), you said:

so I could not shoot a coyote with a gun using my regular or archery license.....

So, you'd need a furtakers during the first 2 weeks of archery to kill a coyote with a gun.

This is the only time during the year you actually need a furtakers to shoot one. And it's because there's no other reason to be in the woods with a gun during this time frame.

See what I'm sayin'??

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 11:11:59 (permalink)
****... you guys are DUMB !!!!!!!

You quoted only 1/2 my sentence... you left off the beginning where I said while hunting deer....

HERE is what I really wrote--

NO CLOSED SEASON mean you can hunt them all year long..... coyotes, woodchucks come to mind..

the season for shooting coyotes/woodchucks is YEAR ROUND  there is NO TIME PEIOD (except sunday) you can NOT hunt them with your regular license... their are conditions if you engaged in hunting deer, bear, or spring turkley..

so next week I can hunt woodchucks and coyotes with my shotgun or rifle as long as I am not carrying archery equipment and hunting deer..

so if you want to play "word games" next week is coyote season, woodchuck season, and archey season...

I AM DONE WITH YOU TWO !!!!
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2009/10/02 11:16:46
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 11:26:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

There, I quoted your whole 'sentence'.

And according to that sentence, you need a furtakers to shoot a coyote with a gun during the first 2 weeks of archery.

I sir, am not dumb, and have been trying to carry on a civilized conversation. But when you get all worked up & resort to name calling, it deteriorates to the point of not being a constructive debate.

*Notice how I didn't say:

DUH!
GHEEEZ!
STUPID!
IDIOT!
MAN! you guys are DUMB!

It was easy...stay calm.
post edited by Pork - 2009/10/02 12:02:26

sugarfuzz12
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 11:37:17 (permalink)
ya i guess didn't think of it that way. they would just buy the furtakers.  Bye the way nice coyote i would love to get one mounted tryed a few times but was only able to call in one the few times i tryed.
270wbmag
Expert Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 11:46:09 (permalink)
pork, he's not worth getting all upset over, he doesn't even know what he writes, we have spelled it out for him and he still don't get it..will one of his buddies clue this poor sucker in on the law..you must have furtakers license to hunt coyotes the first two weeks of archery.. case closed....nothing to do with archery license,

one more time trout:   outside archery season....do you know what that means?????...whether you are hunting deer or not.....

you must have a furtakers license...thats what it says in digest....What don't you understand???????...he has really made an impression on his loyal fans on this one..not one has stuck up  for him..
Pork
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 12:01:57 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 270wbmag

pork, he's not worth getting all upset over,

Oh, don't worry, I'm not upset.

And just to be clear, the woodchuck argument won't hold up either Doc.

WOODCHUCKS (GROUNDHOGS): No closed season, except: Sundays; during the antlered and antlerless deer seasons; and until noon daily during the spring gobbler turkey season.

So, you'd better not be shooting a coyote while you're woodchuck hunting during archery without a furtakers license....then you'd be breaking 2 laws.

1) Hunting groundhog in a deer season.
2) Hunting coyote with a gun & without a furtakers during the first 2 weeks of archery.

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 13:27:08 (permalink)
If you were afield the second week of rifle season with a rifle and no deer tags remaining without a furtakers would you be arrested?   Yes?

If you were afield the first week of archery season with a bow and not deer tags remaining without a furtakers would you be arrested?  Yes?

What makes being afield in the first week of archery with a rifle with no furtakers and no tags any different?  

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Do you know this game law???? 2009/10/02 13:31:22 (permalink)
As the law reads you need to be legally hunting deer during archery/early muzzleloader etc..... to kill a coyote.  If not then you need a furtakers license to hunt them during archery.  So if you run out of tags you better have a furtakers.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: