Question for walleye trollers

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
dublvision
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 99
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 00:38:40 (permalink)
If it was written for MG and MG only, why not just PRIVATE message him?????

ORIGINAL: Buckets Charter

Master Guide This is for you and only you You were part of a team that has done well in the events Pete myself wolf wayne ken and mike ie the team captain usually makes all the decisions. You were a good mate but a mate is what you were. Dont **** wayne off i am not gonna stop him when he mashes your skull over something stupid. You know my thoughts on how the protest was handled wayne is ok and it is really no business of mine. quit acting like a **** head and go fish. Get this through your head the dam tournament doesnt mean anything it is one or two days. Customers only care about a safe and productive day on the water. We have had a few bad days but look at the reports page on my site and you will see the proof. produce fish everyday and build a sucessfull charter business then you will get the credit you deserve. I am not pickin on you man just trying to stop this before it turns into something Bad.
pxatim
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4786
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 05:08:27 (permalink)

Master Guide This is for you and only you You were part of a team that has done well in the events Pete myself wolf wayne ken and mike ie the team captain usually makes all the decisions. You were a good mate but a mate is what you were. Dont **** wayne off i am not gonna stop him when he mashes your skull over something stupid. You know my thoughts on how the protest was handled wayne is ok and it is really no business of mine. quit acting like a **** head and go fish. Get this through your head the dam tournament doesnt mean anything it is one or two days. Customers only care about a safe and productive day on the water. We have had a few bad days but look at the reports page on my site and you will see the proof. produce fish everyday and build a sucessfull charter business then you will get the credit you deserve. I am not pickin on you man just trying to stop this before it turns into something Bad.

theres a little icon under your avatar called "PM"
ready2fish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 787
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 05:46:22 (permalink)
W.W. thanks for the detailed explanation. I do understand a marker can be hard to see at a distance.

For the record I was only about 30 yards from my buoy. I actually saw the boat coming and moved out a little more because I could see that one of the boards was going to be very close to me. There is no way my big metallic blue boat could have been missed.

I did nothing wrong.

I will continue to use buoys even though I do have WAAS GPS. I'm well within my right to do so. It's far more effective and efficient to mark a spot with a buoy rather than have the wind blow you all around while trying to hold with a trolling motor and cast to the structure's sweet spot, all while looking down at a GPS/sonar and trying to figure out if I'm casting to the right spot.

I have yet to point a finger at anyone, put blame on anyone. I simply asked a question out of curiousity about walleyes to which I admit I have little knowledge. I have no ill will toward the boat. Just was a little mad that I had to locate my buoy, I had pulled my trolling motor to idle out to in front of the boat so they could throw it, they just threw it before I was ready.

It's a shame to see you charter captains argue (if that's what some of the posters are). Makes me want to never book a trip.

I'm out......
post edited by ready2fish - 2009/07/17 05:58:21
leadmen
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1001
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 06:20:55 (permalink)
hay let it go louie you will have another chance to get mad at another boater bird doggin you if you fish alot , now for eyes speed speed speed match the bait to the speed and as long as fish are there you got them
Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 07:33:25 (permalink)

Stay in ohio Jeff it is easy fishing.... Anyone can catch them there

Dan aka Pimp Juice,

It sounds like people are nicer over there as well....

When you getting your grille installed?

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 10:22:14 (permalink)

Bogeyjoker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1704
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 10:25:26 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Carpet Bagger

Marker Bouys have no place on Lake Erie when a WAAS GPS is accurate to under 3ft

Not to be picky CB, but it's 3 meters not 3 feet.

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4025
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 10:39:01 (permalink)
Taken from actual test data:

"The applicability of this fit to other receivers, times or locations is not know so the reader is cautioned that these numbers should only be considered as representative.

The above analysis shows that WAAS can improve the accuracy of position measurement.  WAAS gave 95% of the time horizontal position within 3.2 meters and vertical position within 6.0 meters in these tests.  Averaging for2 or 3 hours reduced this to 95% of the time horizontal position within 2 meters and vertical position within 4 meters.

The numbers presented here are only presented as being somewhat typical.  Position accuracy is a function not only of the GPS receiver and antenna, but also a function of the geometry and status of the satellites and the WAAS system, the surroundings of the antenna and ionosphere conditions/modeling.  At the same location with the same receiver and antenna, daily RMS error of horizontal and vertical positions have been seen to vary.  "

Link to test:

http://users.erols.com/dlwilson/gpswaas.htm

Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/17 11:41:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Bogeyjoker

ORIGINAL: Carpet Bagger

Marker Bouys have no place on Lake Erie when a WAAS GPS is accurate to under 3ft

Not to be picky CB, but it's 3 meters not 3 feet.

Bouys Drift...Coordinates Dont...

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
Split Shot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 891
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/19 01:51:08 (permalink)
I have been trolling Erie for 30 plus years. I know what you mean about I-90 out there. I wouldn't anchor when I see alot of boats trolling near by. But, If I see a guy anchored Bass or Perch fish'n I just go around him and not crawl up his butt. I don't care if he has a bouy out. If he is on a rock pile and wants to mark and throw to it, It's alot easier than to keep looking at his Gps. Also he is alot easier to pass than a boat with planer boards. Just my humble opinion! Good fish'n!
ORIGINAL: BIGSLICK

ORIGINAL: Split Shot

Even if he didn't throw out a bouy, he would be drifting or anchored. So NO ONE should be near him anyway.

Well when you decide to park your boat in 25-30fow on a Weekend when It looks like I-90 out there trolling for eyes, it is kind of hard not to get close. Not run him over, but with 100 yards anyways....

post edited by Split Shot - 2009/07/19 09:53:30
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/19 14:01:09 (permalink)
I feel the same way if a guys is drifting or has a buoy out go around he has just as much right as I do fishing there. The frustrating part is when your trolling towards a point and the drifter starts there boat and motors in front of you and shuts down in front of your boards so you have to make an immediate turn to avoid there boat. The bottom line is everyone needs to use just a little common sense out there and pay attention to whats going on around them. If you think ahead most of the times there is no problems except when someone else doesn't think. I installed a pa system on my boat and it works I kindly say I have boards out and the boats coming towards me change course to avoid them as well as myself also. Most of the time (99%) of the time I feel guys don't realize you have boards out or restricted maneuverability while trolling. Everytime I got on the PA I was kind and thanked the other boater for helping avoid a small disaster with my equipment. Everyone fishing is there for the same reason to catch fish, it's that simple. There is plenty of water but when the fish are tight on the inside this is when everyone starts complaing. There are quite a few boats fishing inside because there aren't many options. You will see evry little complaining now the fish are moving and going deep. It was a royal pain in the arse when we were fishing 17-22 feet of water and you had to turn towards the shallow water while pulling 10 board lines, that meant you were pulling the lures through 12-16 feet of water and the lines had to be cleared due to weeds. That takes about 15 minutes to pull all 10 lines, clean the weeds and set them back out on the boards. This isn't a big deal when I'm fun fishing but hate to take that time from a customers day that is paying.

I'll see everyone on the lake and hope the water and weather conditions stabilize soon, That will make the difference in catch rates on erie.

Captain Wayne
Hawg Wild Charters
Split Shot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 891
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/19 19:33:26 (permalink)
I know what you mean Fathead! I can see how tough it could be, when you are running that many lines. I only defended the Bass boy's because they usually fish in the 20 to 40ft. range. Which is their normal part of the Lake. Us Walleye trollers are normaly not in that shallow. I sure would not want them to anchor in the Trench area or the Mountain. Good fish'n.

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/19 19:40:16 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Split Shot
 Us Walleye trollers are normaly not in that shallow.

Just every year during May and June...???? Same time the bass guys are there....

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: