Question for walleye trollers

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1867
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/13 23:49:02 (permalink)
Those are the new low rise jeans....

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5028
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/14 06:49:51 (permalink)
Now I can see a big hurry to fill "the box" in that kind of sport..

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

DaFuNK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1992
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/14 09:48:30 (permalink)
the way I see it is "If someone is there first, then you should have woke up earlier - go find another spot and don't sleep in next time"
Split Shot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 891
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/14 18:54:27 (permalink)
It is crazy how many people have a boat and don't know the rules of the road. Someone seemed suprised that a drifting boat has the right away. many don't know you should only have your white anchor light on when anchored. They Don't turn off the running lights. (see that alot on lakes like Pymatuning and Arthur.

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
Master Guide
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 100
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/14 20:35:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Big Fathead

I probably was one of the 24 foot + boats with the stickers on the back that thinks he owns the lake! Not true at all! I target the walleye just happens to be where you are targeting bass! I would love to see someone cut my lines, Fish Commission would be so far up your arse you couldn't move, seems that is illegal and they do enforce it. I carry a camera, video camera, cellphone and the law enforcement officers phone numbers with me at all times. I do not think I own the lake BUT do think everyone should be considerate and pay attention to whats going on around them. I actually left the shallow water this week because there was too many boats drifting and trolling. My opinion was something bad was going to happen, guys trolling facing the back of the boat and not looking where they were going, 7 or 8 boats drifting (who by the way has the right of way), and about 12 boats troliing all in about 1/2 to 3/4 mile circle, It was a total zoo. No fish worth losing equipment or causing trouble with other fishermen.

I would highly recommend against the snip, snip method! One thing for sure my 24+ boat will sink your small boat! LOL! just kidding.

How far did they go up your arse when you were caught running trips without a lic? And even though you have the technological equipment, that doesnt mean you know how to use it. IS your GPS ready for this years pro/am? I told you those guys would not have risked their reputation to fish over the line to win.
16506fish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 433
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/14 20:51:39 (permalink)
post edited by 16506fish - 2009/07/14 20:54:51
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/14 23:15:45 (permalink)
How far did they go up your arse when you were caught running trips without a lic? And even though you have the technological equipment, that doesnt mean you know how to use it. IS your GPS ready for this years pro/am? I told you those guys would not have risked their reputation to fish over the line to win.

Ya I guess i'm ready for the Pro/Am! Don't want to be a smart arse BUT I've took money in the friday pre fish tourny, the Pro tourny last year and in the walleye challenge this year! I would consider that pretty respectful. I have what I consider perfect equipment to get the job done. I had and have the newest Lowrance gps technology I didn't design the mapping software in the Lowrance units and I made a very fair call last year and would not hesitate to do it again this year if I and my team and the other teams observer thought someone was cheating. It was a good thing my gps was wrong or we may have taken the 1st. place im the pro division last year. Just look at the total scores my boxes were clearly heavier than the others!

I'm not being a smart arse or trying to cause trouble just stating a few facts to masterguide. What place did you come in the last three tourney's you fished?

Also when did I run a trip without a license? You got your info all wrong! I HAVE NEVER RAN A CHARTER WITHOUT A LICENSE, I AM IN FACT A LICENSED MASTER CAPTAIN WITH THE TOWING ENDORSEMENT,  and your status masterguide? Also a pa licensed guide, and you? I did have my boat lettered as a charter boat prior to my license being issued and that was all okayed by the proper authorities (PA Fish and Boat Commission)

I've shared good information with many on this board and will continue to do so even when a couple jackoffs try pulling my wires! I don't know everything about fishing lake erie nor do I claim to, what I do know is the fishing is pretty good right now and this years outlook is good in my opinion. I hope I'm right for everyones sake.

Yep fishing real tough right now! 3 paying customers with there limit last week![image]local://15327/A1B82BBA6F4341AA839D43C6313FC711.jpg[/image]
post edited by Big Fathead - 2009/07/14 23:19:38

Attached Image(s)

Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 05:39:11 (permalink)

"Just look at the total scores my boxes were clearly heavier than the others!"

Huh!?!?!?!

Ironhed
clinchknot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 831
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 10:56:03 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Split Shot

It is crazy how many people have a boat and don't know the rules of the road. Someone seemed suprised that a drifting boat has the right away. many don't know you should only have your white anchor light on when anchored. They Don't turn off the running lights. (see that alot on lakes like Pymatuning and Arthur.

Absolutely right. It even says so in the watered down version of the rules called the " Boating Handbook". A drifting or anchored vessel is the "stand on vessel" and the moving vessel is the "give way vessel". Meaning the moving vessel has to give way to the stationary vessel.

I don't give a crap if anybody listens to me or not.
Carpet Bagger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1834
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 11:01:26 (permalink)
I see every1 is making good friends.....The rivalry of the Pro/Am is already starting.....Maybe you should have a boxing tournament instead....

Wayne we are going to need to get you some Zoloft or something...lol

CB
I never thought I'd say this, but I love my Sport-Craft!
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 12:23:01 (permalink)
Can build you a mount for an M-50 that'll fit your planer mast mount, but then you'd have to choose between shooting and trolling..... back to the drawing board
Master Guide
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 100
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 12:38:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Ironhed

"Just look at the total scores my boxes were clearly heavier than the others!"

Huh!?!?!?!

Ironhed

I second that notion. Well one of us can not count maybe I must be missing something b/c I count 17 eyes on your board but 3 X 6 = 18 I only bring this up when you tell guys fishing is very good and if you dont believe book a charter. I worked on the State St dock for past 8 years. This year is slow in comparision to all past years. How did the guys on State St do yesterday? Two boats only had 2 eyes each for an 8 hour day and the X-Hero only had 11 eyes and 2 steelies. Definitly slow for everybody. I do not call myself master guide, the nickname was given to me by one of your BODs, I have fished on a team or in my boat and have finished higher than your team in every tournament except the Walleye Challenge. Not saying that you are a bad fisherman or dont have good quality equipment. I just dont want people to be led astray by some of your posts.

J
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 14:28:15 (permalink)

I second that notion. Well one of us can not count maybe I must be missing something b/c I count 17 eyes on your board but 3 X 6 = 18 I only bring this up when you tell guys fishing is very good and if you dont believe book a charter. I worked on the State St dock for past 8 years. This year is slow in comparision to all past years. How did the guys on State St do yesterday? Two boats only had 2 eyes each for an 8 hour day and the X-Hero only had 11 eyes and 2 steelies. Definitly slow for everybody. I do not call myself master guide, the nickname was given to me by one of your BODs, I have fished on a team or in my boat and have finished higher than your team in every tournament except the Walleye Challenge. Not saying that you are a bad fisherman or dont have good quality equipment. I just dont want people to be led astray by some of your posts.

17 not bad for 6 hrs dock to dock and over an hour each way to the fish. I don't consider that slow by any means! The fishing is still pretty good and there is a difference with the guys that know the lake and the fish patterns.

I did make a little calculation error on the total average weight per fish for the pro/am last year. My average was 5.62 pounds per fish with only one being a steelhead and 1st place was 6.35 lbs. per fish with 9 steelhead. My electronics lead me to a disadvantage not being able to fish further north in the deeper water.

I get a little offended when the experience or knowledege of electronics come up because my stuff is up to date.

masterguide your name is what got me a little fired up! I probably know you and have talked to you. Why keep bringing up the deal with the electronics mistake last year. I think theres only one boat you could have fished on if you beat me in that many tourny's and you had to fish with ironhead! I don;t know everything about fishing lake erie I depend on information that is shared with other charter captains and fishermen on the lake. This why I post and share as much information as possible. If everyone kept to themselves about the fishing it would be much harder for everyone! I remember the days which weren't too long ago that I couldn't catch more than 4 or 5 eyes a day in lake erie on the pa side. That has changed due to the time and efforts I spend fishing as well as thousands and thousands of hard earned dollars.

I'm done talking about the pro/am I don't want to start trouble. I am very competetive and work hard for anyone fishing with me even if the trip is 100% out of my pocket. I love fishing lake erie and enjoy the company up there.

If there are people struggling to get more tahn a couple fish now there doing something wrong. The fishing isn't at its peak but it is by no means bad. Stop at the docks and see for yourself.
Ironhed
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1892
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 15:50:04 (permalink)
"Two boats only had 2 eyes each for an 8 hour day..."

Er, that would be (at least)9 eyes MG.

I don't know where some of you guys get your info from.

Ironhed
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 16:29:02 (permalink)
Ask MG, seems I just make it up as I go to get business for the charters on lake erie! I just wanna fish, see ya at the dock ken!
16506fish
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 17:11:03 (permalink)
Big fathead- man dont argue with masterguide... he's out on the lake everyday and knows all man... if he aint catchn em no one is dude! he a firstmate.... he aint old enough to realize this is the way its been besides the past 3-4 years for walleye.... just give him the crown for master walleye fisherman and save your breathe..... if you havent killed your limit dude its bad out there.... personally i think someone is a ****clown if your paying 650$ to go catch a limit of walleye..... dont need a charter to catch  or findm... sure if people would talk to each other on here and pay for a tank of gas they'd be more than welcome by half the members on here... i saw 15 eyes brought in as pulln boat outa walnut last night.... thats like 8 times that you saw MasterG... thought it slow out there????
Just sayn

i almost forgot... this is only the 120th post ive made on here and only been signed up for 2 months so i dont have quite the credentials as MasterG-

and he caught more walleye than you in 3 tournys.... Im empressed and jelous dude!
post edited by 16506fish - 2009/07/15 17:17:51
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 17:22:03 (permalink)
Well 16506fish I still think $650.00 Is a deal for fishing on a 30 foot boat for a day. In fact it's too good of a deal and theres no profit at that price therefor my new brochures will have the new pricing of $780.00 for a day walleye fishing. It is great that guys split fuel and fish together BUT some people want to fish with a fully insured captain that is licensed and has the proper equipment on the boat. I'm not disagreeing that 650 is alot of money for a limit of walleye BUT look at the cost to be a legal charter boat. I still split fuel with others to fish on my boat but there are days when it's strictly business. I can say I work hard to get the fish and so does a few other captains out there. I like my big boat and am very comfortable out there fishing on it. The $200 a day in fuel will kill you fun fishing though. at this point it's around $100.00 per guy based on a 6 man charter. How many guys do you know that have a boat and can take 6 buddies fishing with them. Also how many boats do you know that can pull 16-20 lines without tangles. That has a value to itself seeing that done! look at the cost of purchasing a boat, insurance, repairs, tackle, etc. Its alot cheaper to pay 650.00 a few times per year and have no headaches, You don't even have to clean a fish!

Just Sayin!
16506fish
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 17:22:39 (permalink)
MasterGreed not masterGuide.... quit your poutn dude... people got bigger boats than u, better gear, have caught more walleye this year than u and give pretty good advice and info....  hate to break the news but dont wanna lead you astray!
16506fish
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 17:25:31 (permalink)
oh i hear ya loud n clear and clear on that and your right... not doubtn any of that or the whole charter business at all... just more or less responding to MG
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 17:34:09 (permalink)
Also how many boats do you know that can pull 16-20 lines without tangles.

BF, you put 8-10 people on your boat????   You can only legally run 2 rods per person aboard. So if you have 6 people, 12 rods is the legal limit.

RODS, LINES, AND HOOKS -- An angler may use a maximum of two lines fished either by rod or hand when fishing for gamefish, baitfish, or both. It is unlawful for a person to fish with more than two fishing rods at a time. No more than three hooks shall be attached to a line used in fishing (one hook having two or three points is considered a “single hook”). All rods, lines, and hooks shall be under the immediate control of the person using them.

Big Fathead
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 19:38:41 (permalink)
Bigslick, I'm gonna be nice to you cause I think your probably a good dude. Yes I know the Pa fishing laws and how many rods I can run. On a charter (paying customers) I can legally run 16 rods. 6 paying customers, captain and mate unless I have a kid or two with me now I can run 20 with two kids! I had 9 total one day last week and we pulled 18 lines! Now you catchin on?
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 20:07:11 (permalink)

Bigslick, I'm gonna be nice to you cause I think your probably a good dude. Yes I know the Pa fishing laws and how many rods I can run. On a charter (paying customers) I can legally run 16 rods. 6 paying customers, captain and mate unless I have a kid or two with me now I can run 20 with two kids! I had 9 total one day last week and we pulled 18 lines! Now you catchin on?

Gotcha...I figured you and your FM would count, just didn't know if you packed 8 others on board or??? Didn't mean that in disrespect or anything, just wondering...LOL...If I tried to pull 20 lines on my 22' I would have a rats nest...I have pulled 10 successfully, 8 on boards and 2 jets or dipsies.....But I have never had more than 5 on board so?  How would you run all 20 out deep? Still use boards or? Riggers can probably get 4 or 6, Dipsies another 8, what about the other 6 or so?
post edited by BIGSLICK - 2009/07/15 20:12:21

Big Fathead
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 20:17:41 (permalink)
10 board lines weighted, cookies, jets, etc, then 4 riggers short leads, and dipsy's on settings 1/2, 2, and 3 1/2 both sides. This is when you let noone touch the rods but the mate or captain. It surely could be a rats nest BUT with everything set the way it's supposed to be and long easy turns it's not bad just a little scary! I'll get some pics when we have everything in action maybe even some video. I need about a 400 foot wide path to come through with that many lines being pulled. Erie to Canada LOL!
kingnuke32
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1863
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 20:33:50 (permalink)
Plenty of options run leadcore or copper off the big boards, rigger sliders/stackers, wire diver rods braid divers ugh decisions, decisions.
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 20:49:31 (permalink)
decisions, decisions, lol
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 21:47:27 (permalink)
lol....more like expensive expensive..lol......

kingnuke32
Pro Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 21:52:55 (permalink)
Tell me about it just set up a few wire diver rods, gonna use em deep and on Lake O fer the Kings next month.
BIGSLICK
Pro Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 22:13:35 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: kingnuke32

Tell me about it just set up a few wire diver rods, gonna use em deep and on Lake O fer the Kings next month.

Taking your boat up there or???  What port you going out of?

just keep a few
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 50
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 22:16:12 (permalink)
I have been reading all these posts and was wondering..
What planet are you freekin' people from? You guys sound like a bunch of little children on the playground comparing toy sizes and whining about who has more,newer and bigger...I feel sorry for you guys. And you call yourselves fisherman...what a joke.
You guys will never "get it" but you all really need to plant your feet back down here on Earth..
Whatever you do PLEASE STAY ON LAKE ERIE! and don't be an invasive species on the inland lakes.
Happy fighting on the lake boys.
kingnuke32
Pro Angler
RE: Question for walleye trollers 2009/07/15 22:31:09 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: BIGSLICK

ORIGINAL: kingnuke32

Taking your boat up there or???  What port you going out of?

Taking the boat up most likely out of Olcott.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to: