Bats on the Yough

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Dr. Fotios
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 44
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/08/07 19:01:29 (permalink)
Ahhh Crappy thats a whole different ball of wax. Now I see why Marty brought up leeks they may have activity. Topical ketoconazole would probably work well. That would be my first bet. you say they gave you oral medication/pills??? Did they have you get bloodwork done before or during??? Just curious. Selsun blue may work although I'm not sure what the active ingredient is off the top of my head. Ringworm is just a common name. Actually isn't a worm at all. Has nothing to do with worms. Its a very common fungal infection of the skin. In my opinion far better than worms. I would much prefer ringworm to worms the real type any day. Trust me the worms that target the gastrointestinal track are worse. Maybe not alot of symptoms for some but what they do its nasty. I wont go into details I'll just leave it at that.
Oh yeah I know about the maggots. They may sound gross but they work amazingly well in some cases. Save some people from amputation.
post edited by Dr. Fotios - 2007/08/07 19:02:33
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3349
RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/08/07 19:45:51 (permalink)
  Bloodwork (liver) was done before I could take the pills. FUNGUS????
Atleast I don't have athlete's feet. Just gettin over a bad case of poison ivy,
bleech works the best for me.

Marty,

I know where there is some skunk cabbage & big sheephead rooms if you want some.
 lEtT mE nO o/K?

pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/08/07 22:56:28 (permalink)
Ringworm, pityriasis versicolor and other fungal skin conditions: Naturopathic physicians often use papaya (pawpaw) to treat ringworm, pityriasis versicolor and certain other parasitic fungal skin infections. First, mash up green papaya in vinegar and apply this to the ringworm or pityriasis versicolor once a day for three days.
or
Smash a garlic clove and tape it over the ring-might help

Never tried skunk cabbage-would not know what to do with it
smallhook
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 964
RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/08/11 21:54:06 (permalink)
Looks like we're gonna have some new beachfront property in some spots on the Yough.  Their must be about 40 ton of stone that washed into one of the holes I like to fish.  When I looked at how it changed, it looks like God was prepping it for my August catfishing ritual.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: