Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
smallhook
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 964
  • Reward points: 0
2007/07/07 22:21:35 (permalink)

Bats on the Yough

I tend to stay on the water just a little too late everynight.  Once it gets kinda dark, bats come out to gorge on bugs.  They zoom all around me and I figured that they got that untrasound thing going on so they won't hit me.  Well, tonight I had one fly right into my pole.  It didn't appear to be hurt cause it flew right away but it was just wierd.  The bats always fly very close to me and I figure they are eating the mosquitos that are tracking me down on the water.

93 Replies Related Threads

mr.fisherman
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 169
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/07 22:55:13 (permalink)
    The bats eat about 5000 bugs per night each. When the bats fly close to you, just remember they are eating the bugs that are trying to eat you. Just stay still! LOL!
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/12 09:45:53 (permalink)
    I know what you mean. I'm always out late fishing. Last summer very often out till 5 or 6 am. Always alot of bats. This year Ive been seeing even more at a few new places I've been fishing. Ive never had a problem with them and its good to see them doing there job. Their sonar is pretty good but not perfect so they will bump things now and then. One very serious word of warning though: If you do get hit I would very very strongly suggest that you go to the hospital the next day or so and insist on getting rabies vaccination. Rabies is not the sort of thing you want to roll the dice on and gamble with. In the last few years there was one clinical case of a girl who contracted rabies without vaccination and was admitted to the hospital after developing symptoms. Amazingly she survived although not with out major problems. This is the first documented case of survival after the onset of symptoms and was clearly an act of God. For all intents and purposes Rabies is 100% fatal in all cases with out vaccination especially after the onset of symptoms. And belive me it is not a pleasant nor peaceful death. The new vaccines are not as bad as they used to be (no longer in the belly button) and usually consist of a series of around four injections over a few weeks. Ive had the series twice in the last two years as to insure protection/immunity they only last for one year. Rather pricy but if you insist you were potentialy exposed most insure should cover it. Certainly not to expensive for life which I wouldnt even try to place a price on. Dont wont to worry you guys just want you to be aware. There was a case (in texas I believe) in the last year or two of a boy who woke to find a bat in his room. It wasnt on him and he had no reason to think he was bitten or scratched as he was sleeping and he didnt see any marks. He didnt think much of it but about two weeks later he developed symptoms of rabies and his conditioned deteriorated rather quickly resulting in his death. Those who engage in spelunking or cave exploring often get vaccinated as do vetrinarians etc. All of that having been said I still fish in areas with heavy bat density and will continue to do so. No need to be afraid just be aware and know what to do if you have an unfortunate physical encouter.
    QuackerSmacker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 176
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/12 12:19:52 (permalink)
    In Dawson at the fairgrounds, they have bat boxes that have many bats in them. They are on poles about 18-20 feet high, quite the sight when they come out by the hundreds.
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3349
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/12 13:07:29 (permalink)
     If possible if a critter bites you save the head so it can be checked for rabies. Many bats fly into my rod, line, lures & sometimes me every year. I have coons, beaver & snakes come very close to me every year while wadeing. The worst for me is when I step on a good size fish. I don't mind the critters very much, accept the time a dark cloud of mosquitoes almost ate us alive.

Crappy
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2396
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/12 13:48:18 (permalink)
    you have a better chance of dying in a plane accidnet then getting rabies from a bat. bats are less likely to carry rabies then your very own dog.  So just because that guys had Dr. I dont know where hes getting his facts. 

"If you kill it, eat it. If you eat it, cook it right."
    -Steve Rinella
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/12 17:25:56 (permalink)
    Well Kyler you seem rather confident with your information. Thats fine although your wrong! I suppose this may be confusing to you and your sense of "logic" . So kyler let me ask you if a person has never flown on a plane and doesnt fly on a plane but spends time outdoors would you still argue that they have a better chance of dying in a plane crash. ?? I dont believe I suggested anywhere that domestic dogs were safe and totally free of rabies risk but since you chose to bring it up you must also be familiar with the fact that all domestic dogs must by law be vaccinated regularly against rabies. Now I think we all know not everybody does that so there is a real, statistically not 0%, chance of contracting rabies from a dog. But then I must ask you how or where would a domestic, or stray for that matter, dog contract rabies???? They must contract it somewhere???? Since you are so confident in your assanine statements surely you are intimately familiar with the data collected by the CDC http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/rabies/Epidemiology/Epidemiology.htm
    http://www.cdc.gov/ncidod/dvrd/rabies/bats_&_rabies/bats&.htm
    the PGC: http://www.pgc.state.pa.us/pgc/cwp/view.asp?A=11&Q=171468 (in which bats are refered to as "high risk" rabies vectors) and the PDH: http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?A=171&Q=248202 and
    http://www.dsf.health.state.pa.us/health/cwp/view.asp?A=171&Q=230513
    Specifically in regards to bat rabies spread to humans Ive pasted a brief editorial that most of you will not have access to:

The Potential Danger of Bat Exposures

Matyas, McGuill, and DeMaria have reviewed the important epidemiologic shift in human rabies in the US. Before 1960, human exposure to rabies was frequently via domestic animals. But now, as a result of the excellent programs of vaccinating domestic animals, human exposure is most frequently from wildlife. From 1980 through 1997, 21 of the 24 human cases of domestically acquired rabies in the US had bat strains of rabies. However, only 1 of these 21 patients had a history of bat bite.
    The incidence of human infections with bat strains of rabies appears to be increasing in the US. In nature, the common reservoir of bat rabies is the big brown bat. The silver-haired bat is less frequently infected; however, the silver-haired bat rabies strain has been the most common rabies type recovered from humans.

When terrestrial animals become infected with rabies, they develop encephalitis and become symptomatic (either rabid [mad] or lethargic [dumb]). On the other hand, bats infected with rabies are asymptomatic and well. Silver-haired bats found in homes are more likely to carry the rabies virus than those found in the wild, which may mean that infection changes their behavior.[1] This new concept, that rabies-infected bats may be symptomatic, needs further study. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends postexposure rabies prophylaxis (PEP) when humans come into contact with bats, even when a bat bite or scratch is not acknowledged. These recommendations followed 2 cases of rabies in 1995.

The first case was a 4-year-old girl from Washington state.[2] One month prior to her developing rabies, there was a bat in her house that her father captured, killed, and buried in the backyard. He asked his daughter if the bat had bitten her or touched her. The daughter reported no contact, and the father found no evidence of a bite or scratch. When this 4-year-old girl developed rabies, the bat was exhumed and found to be carrying the same strain of rabies that eventually killed the child.

The second case involved a 14-year-old girl firom Connecticut.[3 ]When this child developed rabies, the family remembered that there had been a bat in the house weeks before. This 14-year-old did not recall any contact with the bat. As a result, the CDC made the following statement: "In situations in which a bat is physically present and the person(s) cannot exclude the possibility of a bite, postexposure treatment should be considered unless prompt testing of the bat has ruled out rabies infection."[2,3]

We recently reported a case of a cryptic bat bite.[4] A 37-year-old female went into her bathroom in the dark and felt something brush against her upper buttocks. She turned on the bathroom lights and observed a bat escaping through the open bathroom window. She scrutinized her skin and found no mark. She then called her physician for reassurance. Her physician was not reassuring. He requested she come to his office first thing in the morning to be examined. The next day, her physician examined the area of possible contact and initially saw nothing unusual. He then examined the same area with his otoscope (6× magnification) and found 2 pinpoint punctures about 2cm apart. The patient was given PEP, (which would have been indicated even if he had not found the marks).

This case exemplifies that a bat bite may go unnoticed. We published this case[4] but unfortunately did not have a picture of the puncture marks. What we published instead was a picture of the mouth of the silver-haired bat. These bats weigh but a few ounces and have tiny sharp teeth similar to 27- to 30-gauge needles.

This change in rabies epidemiology is significant. From 1940 to 1959, there were approximately 1000 human cases of domestically acquired rabies in the US, and many of these were the result of domestic animal bites. From 1960 to 1979, there were 29 human cases of domestically acquired rabies in the US; unfortunately, many of these were undefined, as there was no history of a bite and the rabies strain was not typed. From 1980 to 1997, there were 24 human cases of rabies in the US, and 21 were bat strains (strains have been routinely typed since 1980). The 21 cases of rabies in the US from bats is the numerator, while the denominator (bat exposures) is unknown. It is hoped that educating the public about the potential danger of bats may reduce, if not eliminate, human cases of rabies in the US.

Henry M. Feder, Jr., MD
    Department of Family Medicine
    University of Connecticut Health Center
    Farmington, Conn.

References

Fitzsimmons TD, Pape WJ, Hoffman R: Bat bites and human rabies prophylaxis, Colorado, 1977-1996. Clin Infect Dis 25:471, 1997. Abstract 628.
    Human rabies -- Washington, 1995. MMWR 44(34):625-627, 1995.
    Human rabies -- Connecticut, 1996. MMWR 45(10):207-209, 1996.
    Feder HM Jr, Nelson R, Reiler HW: Bat bite? Lancet 350:1300, 1997.

So kyler if this was your inappropriate way of trying to call me out and get me to back up my statements I am confident that this should suffice. If this was your usual ignorant****/b] behavior perhaps you would do well to educate yourself, ideally in the future you should be somewhat educated before you make such dumb****statements. If you still feel your right please I welcome you to show me the data you are referencing that is contrary to what I have said otherwise shut your mouth because the last thing that people who actually want to learn and become informed need is another dumb****/b] spouting off at the mouth.

Dr. Fotios
    post edited by Dr. Fotios - 2007/07/12 18:07:30
    carpin06
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 498
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/12 19:56:38 (permalink)
    Kyker... open mouth insert foot

By the way aren't you going in the service???
    smallmouth76
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 171
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 01:15:55 (permalink)
    I wonder why all those baseball players don't get rabies?
    smallmouth76
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 171
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 01:19:49 (permalink)
    Dr. Doom why do u bold the****/b] stuff ?
    cohoking
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 45
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 11:51:16 (permalink)
    Seems to me that from what I can find on the subject you do have a better chance of dying in a plane than getting rabies from any animal.

Right from CDC site

In 2001, 49 states, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico reported 7,437 cases of rabies in animals and no cases in humans to CDC (Hawaii is the only state that has never reported an indigenously accquired rabies case in humans or animals). The total number of reported cases increased by 0.92% from those reported in 2000 (7,369 cases).

I am not a medical doctor, but I do know that a strain of virus that comes from bats can be passed on to another animal, and when that animal bites a person they will get a "bat" strain of virus.  This doesnt mean they were infected by a bat.  So I think both of you are wrong. 

Dog cases of rabies 140 for 01, and bats 1200, but none gave humans rabies.  So the answer is you were just as likely do get rabies from a dog or bat (in 01), and more likely the strain was a bat strain found in a dog case.  And I am sure there was at least 1 person who died in a plane crash.

As a prior moderater I wanted to let you both know there is an acceptable way to argue on this site and the response from the Dr. is an example of what not to do.  Keep it calm or you will end up in deleted and edited list.
    bclev
    Novice Angler
    • Total Posts : 68
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 12:32:30 (permalink)
    I don't want to stir the pot anymore than it needs.  But one must consider that bat bites can be subtle and you may never know that you have been bitten by one while sleeping.  The average person probably has a minimal chance of contating the disease, but it alway better to be safe than sorry. 
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 13:11:36 (permalink)
    Ive messed with bat since I was 12, released over 1500+ bats that were being studied while I was in school. Why would Dawson have bat boxes if bats were so deadly? And excuse me mr. doctor giggles your one of the many people trying to stir up the people in making everyone believe just because very few bats might have rabies you think they are terrible. you just got upset because someone said you were some what miss leading so you take what I said about the dogs which yes need to be vaccinated but from half the crap on this board you tend to think everyone is following the laws? but again your assuming Im saying you said that u never flown in a plane but your still gonna crash in one. back to the fact of bats. Raccoons, skunks, moles, rats, and mice are the large host in the state of PA that carry rabies far more then the common bats you see around here. I dont need to quote anything from a website that doesn't list a single thing about those problems happening  in PA any where around the YOUGH as this topic says.  Ive handled them, observed ,and even removed a few from others houses. HARMLESS.

oh next its gonna be seeing rats are going to bring the next  bubonic plague  because Ive seen a few of them while fishing the yough.

-Steve Rinella
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 14:09:08 (permalink)
    Cohoking,
    Thank you for a well thought out response. Its comforting to see that some are still capable of such. Your arguments are all relatively sound. You are correct "bat strain" does not mean that the bat acted as the final vector for the human contraction. All bat strain actually means is that it is a strain of the rabies virus most commonly found in bats. If that strain was only capable of infecting bats then we wouldnt even be having this conversation. Clearly this strain can infect mammals in general. A cat, dog, horse, deer racoon etc. could all carry and transmit this strain. What is interesting and noteworthy though is that this strain most commonly found in bats has become the predominate strain observed.
    Dog cases of rabies 140 for 01, and bats 1200, but none gave humans rabies. So the answer is you were just as likely do get rabies from a dog or bat (in 01), and more likely the strain was a bat strain found in a dog case.

In regards to your above statement I can understand how you come to that conclusion or could argue that the chances are the same but its not that simDog cases of rabies 140 for 01, and bats 1200, but none gave humans rabies. So the answer is you were just as likely do get rabies from a dog or bat (in 01), and more likely the strain was a bat strain found in a dog case. I will briefly explain why your wrong. First if we look just at the numbers of cases, not all cases but cases found and documented in dogs and bats (the actual number of cases is no doubt greater but its somewhat safe to assume that the documented cases give us a general idea of the trend of infection) regardless of the number of human infections we are looking at 140/dogs and 1200/bats. Considering just those numbers statistically, one would be 850% more likely to contract rabies from a bat as opposed to a dog. Whether or not human infections occured or didnt occur is irrelevant. Also you must ask what is considered human infection???? There is a big difference between exposure and what is considered confirmed documented infection, at least in regards to the data you mention. In wthe data you mention 0 human cases and I believe this means there were 0 cases of a human exhibiting the symptoms, which will result in death, of a rabies infection. If a person doesnt believe they were exposed and is advised medically that they have no reason for concern, or doesnt seek medical advise, and they go onto to develop symptoms and die then and only then do you have a documented human case of rabies. If they do the same and dont exhibit symptoms and continue to live a healthy life well obviously this is not a documented case of rabies either. Then there could be the person who may have been exposed to and animal that may have been carrying the rabies virus. You see there are a lot of maybes here. In this case if the the person seeks medical advise and is vaccinated as a precaution thhis person will also not develop symptoms or die and once again we obviously dont have a documented human case of rabies. In the editorial that I pasted above the CDC's position and raionale for such is explained.
    The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) now recommends postexposure rabies prophylaxis (PEP) when humans come into contact with bats, even when a bat bite or scratch is not acknowledged. These recommendations followed 2 cases of rabies in 1995.

Although I caution against reading to far into the data and only time will show the true effectiveness of these new procedures and recomendations, it can be argued that because of these recomendations and the resulting institution of new procedures, specifically the liberal use postexposure prophylaxis (PEP), the number of human cases and deaths in 2001 was 0. So if there was even a slight chance of exposure to and animal that may have been infected doctors are now treating patients with PEP thus severley reducing the possibility that those patients could go on to develop rabies and die.
    Bclev is absolutely right! Im glad that if nothing else at least one person gets it. It even states in the above editorial:
    We recently reported a case of a cryptic bat bite.[4] A 37-year-old female went into her bathroom in the dark and felt something brush against her upper buttocks. She turned on the bathroom lights and observed a bat escaping through the open bathroom window. She scrutinized her skin and found no mark. She then called her physician for reassurance. Her physician was not reassuring. He requested she come to his office first thing in the morning to be examined. The next day, her physician examined the area of possible contact and initially saw nothing unusual. He then examined the same area with his otoscope (6× magnification) and found 2 pinpoint punctures about 2cm apart. The patient was given PEP, (which would have been indicated even if he had not found the marks).

So if I was fishing and a bat flew into me and flew off with no testing possible on the bat to determine whether it was carrying the virus or not I sure as hell would get a vaccination (or a booster). Like Bclev said better to be safe than sorry.
    As far as the plane thing goes it is not a simple question to answer, although many people in this example and in many many other unrelated examples do try and simplify the statistics to make a point. If you fly frequently and never spend time outdoors and there are no bats around your house etc. yeah a plane crash could be more likely. I would argue that if your outdoors alot fishing hunting etc. especially night fishing, and in an area with a high bat density (just bats not considering any other vectors) for many many hours repeatedly your chances of rabies exposure a greater. But hey the only way to know is to be exposed to a bat that may potentially be carrying the virus and not seek PEP, then just wait and see if you live or die. Its up to you either way is completely fine although with the vaccine being readily available I dont know why any one would choose not to get vaccinated after potential exposure. To each his own. So I hope I've clarified my point and I hope you can see why I'm right.
    In regards to my comments toward kyler I have absolutely no oppologies. If he must embrace his own ignorance and let it guide him through life so be it, hopefully it is only he who shall bear the consequences. But when he feels the need to preach his ignorance to others and suggest that they discard sound advice in exchange for his assanine mumblings he needs to be put in his place. If he wants to risk his life, fine thats his decision but if he trys to persuade others to follow him like a blind goat of off a cliff then everyone who knows better and doesnt speak up is just as dumb and blind as he. If because of his ignorance he chooses to step into the ring with me by challenging my statements and discrediting the facts he will lose. His comments were clearly the ones that were inappropriate. Like it or not I have no patience nor tolerance for such ignorance especially when it promotes false-truths that can have a negative impact on the lives of others.
    Dr. Fotios
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 14:13:29 (permalink)
    Kyler,
    Bats are a "high risk" vector of Rabies. I dont believe ground moles are on that list. Enough said.
    Also are you suggesting that these days rats are free of the plagues??? Just curious.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 14:31:42 (permalink)

Who wants to be Itchy and who wants to be Scratchy?
    plnoldrick
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 391
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 15:11:14 (permalink)
    someone lock this dam thing. id rather see two fat chic's fight it out over a skinny guy in a trailer park under the noon day sun then see this abomination of a thread breath another time.

i wish this forum had a friggin report post to moderator button like the forum i moderate, it helps, bigtime.

oh an smallhook, my condolences on your thread hittin the ****ter.
    kyler16
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 15:13:09 (permalink)
    oh in that case I should be dead by now from what your quote unquote facts say. only thing I can come up with now is YOUR PARANOID! saw thousands of bats last weekend at Dawson where Id say hazelbakers drops off 1000+ customers daily. and where he drops them off there are 15-20 bat houses. guessing since your afraid of a little guano you'd never been there. but many have. many have been fishing and hit with bats, removed bats from peoples houses and yet haven't even worried about Rabies.   but Im sure every science class you taught you made all your pupils gets shots for rabies.

Rats are effected by the plague there chief but its the fleas that give it to us.... oh no guess that means your dog is carrying the plague or is that another Lecture for another day

" In regards to my comments toward kyler I have absolutely no oppologies."

no need to oppologize its the apology that matters

-Steve Rinella
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 15:56:51 (permalink)
    Kyler,
    Its not a fear that motivates what Ive written. Certainly not a fear of bats or guano. Believe me my friend there is not a living creature that I fear, not one. What I do fear is ignorance or shall I say the spread of such. Clearly you have experience with bats according to what you say. That still doesnt change the facts. I know your attitude I've seen it many times before in many different situations. Hell when I was younger I probably had a bit of the same attitude. But the truth is this: Just because you have done something 10, 100 or even 10,000 times and never had a problem doesnt mean that its safe and that youll continue to be so lucky and certainly doesnt mean that because you havent had a problem that you are unlikely to ever have one. Kyler you've been lucky. But just because you have doesnt mean that those activities are harmless or risk free. You have a lot to learn my friend, I hate to say it but your luck wont last forever. Not trying to be a smart****just trying to give you some good advice.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 17:29:07 (permalink)
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 18:22:00 (permalink)
      I now have worms  & one bottle of pills cost $400 buckaroos. Fleas get bad in the fall on pets. Rabies found in cats have gone up around here.

Couldn't I just take some worm med. for dogs instead????

Crappy
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 18:24:44 (permalink)
    I ate the worms in Mezcal and Dos Guiomos Tequilla but only had a few problems from it.

BLACK WALNUT EXTRACT LIQUID is an herbal remedy.
    post edited by pghmarty - 2007/07/13 18:27:17
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 18:35:02 (permalink)
      Oh yeah, the Pa. Game Commission had the plans to build bat houses on their web site in the past. Marty, I always chewed the worm & get a free shot for being last shot. You lould out to play yet? Think the dog worm med. would be ok to use??? How about if I ate some gun powder to rid them little critters
    Hope this 1st $400 buckaroos works though.
    post edited by crappiefisher - 2007/07/13 18:39:39
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 18:42:33 (permalink)
    Crappy,
    Are you serious about the worms?? If so that sucks. Im sorry to hear it. Alot of people have them and arent even aware of it. As far as the dog pills go, it would really depend on the pill or more specifically what the active chemical in the pill was. Theoretically speaking it may be possible but without knowing what the dog pill was it would be a really bad idea. Could make you deathly ill or worse. What pghmarty says is interesting, very interesting. Black walnut may very well be an herbal remedy. Im curious now and I want to look into it. Herbal based drugs are somewhat a specialty for me. Most of my work has been in regards to a specific herbal drug for malaria. Not so much the herbal drug itself but derivatives of it and chemicals structurally similiar and their activity against malaria and cancer.
    Dr. Fotios
    New Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 18:45:38 (permalink)
    Dont really think black powder would do a lot unless it was in a very high dose. Stay away from the smokeless powder some varieties contain a large amount of nitro glycerine. Would be unpleasant at least.
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 18:56:32 (permalink)
    http://www.naturesalternatives.com/herbs/blackwalnut.html

Try the capsules or liquid that also contains wormwood.
    If I remember wormwood is he main ingredient in absenth and might make you hallucinate.
    Or hallucinate more if you allready do.

http://search-desc.ebay.com/search/search.dll?sofocus=bs&sbrftog=1&from=R10&_trksid=m37&satitle=BLACK+WALNUT+EXTRACT+worms&sacat=-1%26catref%3DC6&fts=2&sargn=-1%26saslc%3D2&sadis=200&fpos=15210&sacqyop=ge&sacqy=&ftrt=1&ftrv=1&saprclo=&saprchi=&fsop=1&fsoo=1
    post edited by pghmarty - 2007/07/13 19:01:12
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 19:01:20 (permalink)
      Yepper I have them. I've had them for prob. the past 15 years without knowing
    When I went to the Drs. a few wks. ago he asked if I had any ???'s on anything & I said what's this?
      He said you got worms. Marty last week Timbo & I cut down a bunch of Hickory trees for my stair railings. They were covered with nuts. My grandmother died 2 weeks ago at the age of 101 & 3 months. She ate lots of herbs & garlic. Mybe garlic would work also??? Marty, you a witch Dr.???

Crappy
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 19:07:15 (permalink)
    Not a witch doctor but try almost any herbal remedie before seeing a real doc.

Garlic is great for cleasing the blood.
    My arm was swollen,hot and turning black after cuting it on my boat then going in the mon.
    Garlick capsules and lots of raw garlic and other vitamins took care of the infection.

An ex of mine was a witch or practiced wicca or something.
    Every time we had a disagreement she would turn a ring on her finger and mumble somthing while pointing at me.
    She started crying when she saw me with a witchcraft spell book.

She knew I found out how to break the spell she had on me.
    Tossed her useless azz out about a week later.

"You lould out to play yet?"
    Nope see the judge in 2 weeks but probably still considered a threat to society till Oct or Nov.
    Got 12 weeks of socialization classes coming up.
    Great idea they have there.
    Put a bunch of guys with attitude problems that like to fight or cause other chaos in one room.
    Hope I get elected class president.

Pinky:"What are we going to do today Brain."
    Brain: "Try to take over the world, same as every day.

post edited by pghmarty - 2007/07/13 19:22:18
    crappiefisher
    Pro Angler
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 19:40:19 (permalink)
      At least you didn't put mud from the Mon. on it. I almost cut my knee a purdy good one cuttin those hickory. The saw chain went through my pants, good thing the pants had double layers on the knees. I lived in a bad haunted house when I was a teen. A priest came over a few times to try & rid the evil sprits. I was the only one home both times

Thank you gentlemen for your help & concern.

Crappy
    Stillhead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1887
    RE: Bats on the Yough 2007/07/13 22:16:31 (permalink)
    LMFAO

Please don't lock this thread, this is good stuff!
    Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
    Jump to: