Helpful ReplyHot!anyone fishing

Page: << < ..3637383940 Showing page 40 of 40
Author
CTKsnowman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 136
  • Reward points: 0
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/04 15:05:16 (permalink)
Fished Tarentum this morning in the rain, the three of us burned through 1.25lbs of fatheads. Lots of super short walleye, a few keeper's too. Caught 2 big cats, and a few smallmouth.

Our society stigmatizes the mentally ill... and rightfully so, these people are nuts!
- Dale Gribble
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/04 17:25:30 (permalink)
That's sounds like a good day. šŸ‘ CT
CTKsnowman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 136
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/13 13:21:59 (permalink)
Fished Tarentum again on Saturday with an old army buddy. We caught a few decent walley, lost a pretty big pike at the boat. 

Our society stigmatizes the mentally ill... and rightfully so, these people are nuts!
- Dale Gribble
Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/13 23:41:47 (permalink)
Spent 8 hours on pool 4 Freeport today. What a bust! My son had a good day on Friday with a couple of eyeballs, some smallmouths, and a 35" Musky, but it was like bein' on another planet today when I went with him. Couldn't hardly buy a (decent) hit, even though the two of us burnt through nearly a full half pound of fatheads and a quarter pound of shiners. We each brought back a fathead head on our jigs. We jigged, we rigged, we casted, and we slow trolled some cranks, but other than a dink smallie and a rock bass, all I got was sunburned arms and face and a severe case of boat seat aZZ. I almost considered puttin' on a stinger for the short hits, but blind faith made me avoid it.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9698
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/14 10:09:32 (permalink)
I got out a few days in the past week to Arthur.  Pre-cold front, the night bite was on with bait everywhere.  Cold front moved in and seemed to have very limited bait movement at night.  Possibly some action late, late, but I wasn't going to wait up that late to find out.  I found them during the day, which I'd rather do anyway.  I couldn't find the crappie to save my life during the cold front.  Guessing similar with the bait, the front made the shallows colder and moved deeper.  But I wouldn't have thought they'd leave spawning beds even if cold?  Maybe spawned already?  I found some clear cut beds and nothing on them.  Possibly already pulled from them.  I focused much more attention to the harder pulling fish though, so could have just been the time spent trying to find them.  Thurs-Sat, saw maybe 1-2 other boats each day.  Guessing next few (dozen) times out, I will be jockeying for position with the kayaks, SUPs and pleasure boaters.  Maybe I should just focus on the cold fronts?  Just kidding, the pleasure boaters, kayaks and SUPs don't bother me.  Just like the anglers, if they have a shred of boating etiquette/common sense, all is fine.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3357
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/14 11:07:34 (permalink)
 Left my top water boxes at camp so made up a couple new ones yesterday. Replaced some line on reels from braid to mono and matched them to rods. Asked my son around midnight if he wanted to head out. He said "not really".  Wasn't sure if they would turn on soon after midnight or the 3:00 -- 5:30 thing with the temps ups and down lately. 

Felt like going when I got up at sunrise this morning but that didn't happen either. Lost my drive for fishing the last 5 years or so.

Gonna see if my son wants to head down for a hr. now.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/15 14:06:55 (permalink)
 "Possibly some action late, late, but I wasn't going to wait up that late to find out."

Pork, good thing you didn't wait around. This morning it was the normal (for this time of May) late, late until dawn feeding frenzy for the part of lake I was at.

After a feeding like that the fish lay on the bottom for hours sayin "I ate tooo much"
post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/05/15 14:12:36
Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 82
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/15 22:40:54 (permalink)
Don'tcha just hate bringing minnow heads back in? Light biters are hard to figure. Do they have all of it? How long do ya wait to determine if he's got it or is he gonna feel the weight of the jig and drop it? STUPID FISH!!!

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/15 23:02:33 (permalink)
 Hated when the Leather Backs would do that on the Allegheny fishing from shore. Couldn't get away from them at times.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/16 15:28:39 (permalink)
crappiefisher
Ā "Possibly some action late, late, but I wasn't going to wait up that late to find out."
Ā 
Ā Pork, good thing you didn't wait around. This morning it was the normal (for this time of May) late, late until dawn feeding frenzy for the part of lake I was at.
Ā 
Ā  After a feeding like that the fish lay on the bottom for hours sayin "I ate tooo much"

After it warmed up from the cold front that pushed through Thurs-Sat, Iā€™m sure they had the feed bag on. Those warm ups after fronts seem to draw every baitfish into the shallows and just about everything following. Seems to be the days that I get the mixed bag of anything from slab crappie, smallmouth, eyes and byrds. Like every fish in the lake pulls up to get in the action.

The nights during those fronts, the shallows are rather vacated. I never stay out into the 3-4AM hours during those, so donā€™t know if they turn on then. Usually too cold and wet to add to the discomfort of being awake thenā€¦. Iā€™m pretty sure they move to more comfortable/stable water depths. I usually put on my longer PJs and sleep through those conditions. They seem to bite just fine during the day then, likely from not staying up all night at the all you can eat buffet.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/16 18:30:57 (permalink)
 The night bite for me the first part of May was always the 3:30 -- 'till dawn. That changes earlier and earlier Until mid July from my experiences. 

Not talking about the Crappie bite.

post edited by crappiefisher - 2024/05/16 18:33:34
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/16 18:58:51 (permalink)
I have never done that sort of time. No way I could get up then. No way I could stay up that late either! I may have quit around 3 a time or two. I prefer the day bite. Home and in bed by 10-11. I was referring to the accidental crappie catch. Those and the accidental eyes are always welcomed though.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/16 21:36:09 (permalink)
  The Crappie seem to hit good for a couple hours after dark then slows drastically for me. If the moon rises after that they seem to turn back on.

Was nice every first few weeks of May. The reports of the top water action were "they ain't hitting yet." Guys would fish till 12, 1 or up to 2:00 am and leave. I wouldn't go down until 2:00 and always had the place to myself. Still not enough nut jobs out there to fish those hours for a dang fish. Learned that time from all night Catfishing a few years after they started stocking Byrds. Can still remember that first morning of the onslaught of Alewife 
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1943
Re: anyone fishing 2024/05/17 00:31:44 (permalink)
Took the boat up to the wilhelm stumps today. Caught a bunch of bass, nothing too big, but had pretty consistent action all day. I saw like one other boat all day. Super peaceful.

I finally hooked up the micro power pole I got last year, and mounted it to the bow. It worked out really well for fishing all that shallow wood and vegetation. I could maneuver or drift and pin the boat down by pushing a button. Now Iā€™m gonna have to try to mount it on the kayak. It should be great for shallow rivers too.

Anybody ever fish pine creek in potter/tioga county? Gonna be camping up there the first week of June. Looks like primarily trout water but maybe bass too in warmer water.
Page: << < ..3637383940 Showing page 40 of 40
Jump to: