what fly rods

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mgolf92
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 378
  • Reward points: 0
RE: what fly rods 2008/05/21 20:50:26 (permalink)
- I broke the tip of my sage launch while steelheading one day after school.  It was cold, like 25-30 degrees, so while I was de-icing, and by that I mean sucking on the guides, I got a little teeth action in there and she broke....may have been scrathed before....I don't know.  Well $40 and 4 weeks later, it was back.  I wasn't that impressed with the service, and I'm not that impressed with the rod. 

- Now to diamondbacks and St. Croix's...I have a diamondglass 3 wt. and it's real nice...I have an avid in a 9' 5wt. and it's also real nice.  I would highly recommend both!....avid quicker glass is slower...

cuchef
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 45
  • Reward points: 0
RE: what fly rods 2008/05/21 22:05:21 (permalink)
I like the diamond backs  I have a three weight and a nine weight.  The other two are a saint croix and a cortland.  Pretty much every company stands behind their product...if you are the original owner.  I worry most about shattering the nine weight pike like to take that last final run if they go the wrong way there goes the rod, kind of reminds me of that reef shark that took out my beach chairs at high tide.

"Cheat me on the price not the product."
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: