Going fishing? Pack your ****

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
PymieCaster
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 88
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/03/30 07:44:54 (permalink)
A moderator where? your surely not acting like one from FishUsa Forums
And when did we keep SCORE as like you seem it was a game or something on our servicemens lives!!!
Just sickening to just think about that statement
BTJWG
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 60
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/03/30 07:56:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: PymieCaster

A moderator where? your surely not acting like one from FishUsa Forums
And when did we keep SCORE as like you seem it was a game or something on our servicemens lives!!!
Just sickening to just think about that statement

What are you even talking about? breath slowly, think , use your words, and make some sence.

Shake and Bake!!!
Muddogaug
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 43
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/03/30 16:15:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: T.T.

ORIGINAL: mikeg

After 911 happend people were complaining about the security issue not being strong enough. Now that they are making new laws to protect us, people will complain about it being too much...

The real shame of that thinking is that there are already enough laws on the books to keep most of us safe, but they don't get enforced.  New laws aren't always the answer. 

This is stupid, but just wait...  Next thing will be mandatory ****s for ALL passengers on ALL boats coming back from the lake, no matter how far out they went.  After that, the little chips in the neck.  1984 in the 21st century.

T.T you are right on on the Orwell 1984 thing I think most people should read this book. The similarities of today are frightening. What ever happened to if we lose our freedoms the terrorists win? I am more afraid of being in a orange jump suit at Guitanamo than being nabbed by a fellow with a laptop in a cave. On the first day of Pa buck season we have 1 million armed marksmen walking Pens woods. Red dawn should not happen here. The new world order globalists are turning everything into a prison planet. "They that give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety" Ben Franklin.
tribster
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 188
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/03/30 17:46:57 (permalink)
Use the force Luke.
T.T.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1656
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/03/30 18:31:36 (permalink)
I think most people should read this book.

It's sad that most people haven't the faintest clue what I referenced there.  You, sir, get a point for that one. 

The ideas are out there.  The idiocy is out there, too. 

Democracy only works if the government is kept in check by the people, not the other way around.  We failed 3 years ago, and we are going to fail again.  The best candidate in the running is backed by a political party out of control.  The Dems can't put up a moral person, and McCain owes his soul to the Republicans.  It's bad.  Real bad. 

A bit further away from fishing, eh?!?!?!?
griffon
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1104
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/03/30 18:41:12 (permalink)
Mike,  Seriously I could see you being all for a leader such as Stalin or Lenin in this country.  You are all about government rule and really seem to have forgotten that it is the citizens of this country that give our government its ability to govern. Everything you have typed as of late has been in defense of bigger stronger government with more restrictions being needed on the citizens.  In your eyes, it seems that our current REPUBLICAN administration can do no wrong, has done no wrong and we need our government to control us even more than it currently does.  FYI, don't try to pin my political beliefs or what my registration might be.  You seldom hear me talk about politics on this or any forum.  Don't think for a minute that I can't, I just choose not to.    
swinger
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1376
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/01 20:18:48 (permalink)

dont tell me about history I fought for this country over in vietnam so guys like you can sit behind a computer desk and pretend to know the score!! you were dead wrong on this one.

If it wasnt for this guy we would all be speaking vietnamese right now.

Quality over quantity

I am reality

I>U

JC Rules!!!!!!!
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/01 20:47:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: doubletaper

and fishermen were complaining about displaying their PA. lisc. for all to see??

Taking care of the little things usually takes care of the big ones.  Look at where we are going....IMO, over regulation may be the demise of our society!  If you know what is going on in the world around you, then you will see that we "free" Americans are more controlled by regulations than most European countries that were once under communist rule.  Something to think about.

fishrmn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 675
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/01 23:59:32 (permalink)
"Hey, do we want our borders tightened up or not?  Its not about Canadians or Mexicans attacking us, its about terrorists who do their homework and know what the easiest ways to get into our country are.  Many of us complain that we need to secure ourselves first before we go to other countries and do things there.  Well, here's a perfect example of the govt trying to do that.  But we are so far removed from 9/11, that we have become desensitized to the horror of what happened.   
So we complain at the inconveniences of airport security checks, **** requirements, etc.  But if something did happen and terror struck again, we would be up in arms about the lack of security.  We can't have security without some sacrifice.  It's either American lives or minor inconveniences, you choose."

Worst thing I've read in this forum.

"Wait one second, so by your reasoning we give up our freedoms to have "security" . I think you better rethink that statment, enforce existing laws , dont create a nazi style "security acts" that let  a government trample your rights!!, but as long as you feel safe, until they need another disaster to justify a war !!!WAKE UP !!!! " 

Best thing I've read!

Giving up freedoms for so called "national security", NEVER.  Sadly they have most of you brainwashed/scared enough to do just that, give up freedom. 

MikeG,

Maybe you should read up on YOUR history.  We are heading down a VERY familiar path, a very scary one.

-Tim

fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2215
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/02 12:18:44 (permalink)
We are not talking about video surveilance inside your household here, we are talking about showing a **** so the govt can determine if you are an american or not.  Answer me this, what significant freedom have any of us given up since 9/11?  Have any of us REALLY had our lifestykles changed by the govt because of homeland security?  There may be a few exceptions, but the vast majority of us go about our lives just the same.  We have enough food to eat, clothes to wear, computers to argue on
So we wait in longer lines at the airport, there are a few more stringent security requirements, such as **** verification, showing id, etc.  But let's not overreact here.  We live in a great country, we have everything we could ever need and then some.  I am not brainwashed or scared or whatever else one might think.  I have been given a little perspective on life, and I'm grateful to be alive.  Im also grateful that some men and women are brave enough to go and fight to make sure I still can enjoy these freedoms. 
Lastly, Im grateful that our government-which is FAR from perfect- is taking steps to shore up our borders, which is a major issue. 

"Come, follow me," Jesus said, "and I will make you fishers of men."
Matthew 4:19
Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/02 12:55:34 (permalink)
It would be a different story if you fished out of Port Clinton , Michigan , Olcott , Niagra .... We're just fishermen surely they could just check you're state ID & fishing license ?????? I believe there may be some politics behind this to the name of $$$$$$ in one's pocket...... Our security is in the second amendment for now .... Unless big brother succeeds in removing that ; let em in we can solve the problem rather quickly 
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/02 15:39:36 (permalink)
I hate to disagree, but our security is not fully in the 2nd amendment.  The 2nd amendment didn't keep thousands of people from dying on 9/11.  Terrorists are undercover most of the time, so even if we do bear arms, unless someone is keeping tabs on who's in and out of the country, the 2nd amendment won't help us one bit.  Unless you plan on "solving the problem" by shooting everyone. 

Let's stay focused here.  The orginal issue was some people having a problem with the govt checking ****s along the canadian border, because terrorists can get into the US easily that way.  The inconveniences caused by this has gotten some folks mad at the extra effort they may have to put forth to amke sure all the i's are dotted and the t's are crossed. 

Lastly, yes we are just fisherman, and we wouldn't hurt a fly-no pun intended fly fisherman!  But those who would do us harm are looking for precisely those "loopholes" where they could get in to the US.  Maybe they slip some innocent un-assuming fisherman 10,000 dollars to look the other way and not ask any questions.  They get off at the marina and they're on US soil unaccounted for.  Then what? 

joedirt
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 209
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/02 17:06:04 (permalink)
I agree fisher.  I also think to myself and say the damage is already done. Not a single terrorist has to enter the country ever again. The people who lived thru and expearenced the terrorist attacks will always have a little fear and terror in their hearts and minds for the rest of their lives. In a way the terrorist have already won and continue to win every day because "we will never forget". 

I just hope and pray that our government does it right from now on so that the new generation of man kind will not have their hearts and minds tattooed with expearences of fear and terror. For these children are the new hope for a true freedom.

God bless our govt and help it make the right decissions. I have never ever met a perfect human being yet. I wasnt around when he was hung on the cross.

"Life is a garden, Dig It"
MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 00:41:55 (permalink)
Here is a questions pertinent to the subject.

How many of you have seen Canadian soil, from your boat that was launched or docked somewhere in PA that morning?

I have, on one of my rookie trips out deep in the late 80's.....By mistake!

Better too far back, than too far forward.
joedirt
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 209
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 11:11:01 (permalink)
Good point! I never have from my own boat or a charter. I dont think the practice of these laws will effect a whole lot of people that fish from the U.S. soil. Like someone said when was the last time a charter captian from U.S. went to canadian waters to fish. The way the fuel prices are im lucky if i even get to the lake let alone take my boat to Canada.

"Life is a garden, Dig It"
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 12:41:12 (permalink)
"Wait one second, so by your reasoning we give up our freedoms to have "security" ."

How is requiring a **** for entry into the US, from Canada ( as is required for entry from any other country ), sacrificing any freedom?

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
mikeg
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2533
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 12:45:13 (permalink)
The same people complaining about this are the same people that were complaining after 911 about security from our goverment.

For my fishing reports, product reviews, stories, and other nonsense...
http://bassjunky76.blogspot.com/
griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 12:50:33 (permalink)
Is that an opinion or can you back it up with analysis?

I am not necessarily for this, but I didn't complain when we took measures after 911. 

When I did complain was at the airport two months after 911 when I was randomly selected for a thorough search while three Muslims in Turbins walked through without so much as a second look.   
post edited by griffon - 2008/04/03 12:57:01
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 12:52:22 (permalink)
Actually Mike, we have allowed freedoms to be taken from us by this administration through both the Patriot Act, and the NSA. This just isn't a case in point.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 12:53:58 (permalink)
Griff,

Mike's had lots of analysis, but he's feeling MUCH better now

Step Up, or Step Aside

GL
kingsalmon
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 112
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 13:12:53 (permalink)
its a shame that it  you got people paying 500-900 for a charter to have a realxed fun time out on the water to begin with. now with all the pass port stuff cuz suspision of being terrorist its crazy. with fuel prices an the economy, i hope u guys(charters) out there can find a way to actualy make a buck.  the truth is its pro only gona get worst my kids, an there kids, will have to have pass ports just to get on lake erie!  an who know in this world ur neighbor might even be a terriorist. wat a world.
mikeg
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 15:36:40 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

Griff,

Mike's had lots of analysis, but he's feeling MUCH better now

Yes I am feeling better, spoon...lol

That was just an opinion. One of which was not meant to be taken personally. Sorry if I offended anyone!!

I just think it is nothing more than a quick flash of a **** and will take no time at all. Think about how easy it would be to make it across the lake to the US. infact, it makes me wonder how many have done it already. I'm sure a few over the years.

I live 3 miles from the lake and am glad to see that it will become harder for people to make it across illegally.

Griffon,

The people you see at the airports in turbins and sheets are the last to worry about. Most likely a terrorist will be dressed in a nice suite and holding a breifcase.

And it's called random searches, not racial profiling.

fishrmn
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 675
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 17:25:25 (permalink)
"The same people complaining about this are the same people that were complaining after 911 about security from our goverment"

Wouldn't have been me, I for one don't (and never did) believe "terrorists" had anything to do with 9/11 (but lets not even go there, for now)...  So homeland security is the last of my worries...

(que comments about me being a wack-job/nuts/paranoid/hippy/if I don't like it then I should get out... ect, lol)

-Tim
post edited by fishrmn - 2008/04/03 17:26:11
mikeg
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 17:58:28 (permalink)
You and Mel Gibson may have something in common....lol

Do you also drive a differant way home every night so that the "man" can't follow you...lol
Just have fun with ya!!

griffon
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/03 18:22:52 (permalink)
Mike, I understand about racial profiling.  However, the guys blowing up planes are not middle or upper class clean cut, Christian white males.  We would probably do a lot better at catching some of these undesirables if we did a little more racial profiling.  If nothing else, a few bad apples would show up and could be of valuable interest with information leading to the capture of other terrorist cells within the country.  I would have to think that somewhere exists a secret agency which has already thought about this and are tracking most "known" Muslims within the country.  These are just my opinions but I do believe them to be true and plausible.

I may get ripped a little for that, but before you do here is a little something to think about.  Let's say you have to fly from one destination to another.  A person of Middle Eastern heritige (total stranger to you) gets on the same plane.  What is the first thought that goes through your mind?  If you tell me that it does not have something to do with hijacking, I would bet you are either lying, Muslim, or of the same heritige.  And yes, I know Richard Reid was not of Middle Eastern persuasion, but he was Muslim in his affiliation
post edited by griffon - 2008/04/03 19:03:43
fisherofmen376
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/04 12:34:13 (permalink)
OK this is where I get off the "debate train"...

indsguiz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6356
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/04 14:03:17 (permalink)
Gentlemen,
     For those of you who have never travelled abroad (or travelled with a broad) the showing of a **** is taken for granted almost everywhere.   If you have one it's no big deal.  Just get one and quit complaining.  As for following your boat.  They have radar, and other devices that let them know exactly where you are without actually seeing you, and most times they leave you alone.   BUT just take your boat out into the St. Lawrence and get close to a bigger boat (suspicious activity) and see who meets you at the dock.
     Personally I think I'd be more worried about the walk-across access presented by most of the border. That access is mostly used by orientals (in the west) and Pakastani's (in the east).  Just check how much boarder we have along New York to Maine.

Illegitimis Non carborundum
pghmarty
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5951
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/04 15:05:11 (permalink)
However, the guys blowing up planes are not middle or upper class clean cut, Christian white males.

Flying to Vegas from Buffalo my father was inspected on the way there and on the way back- middle class clean cut, Christian white male wearing loafers and a thin cotton coat.

My father does not look like a terrorist.
I do not know exactly what a terrorist  looks like but he does not come to mind.

I am 6'3" with a mullet and goatee at the time- wearing black combat jungle boots,  black leather dredger style coat, half a pound of gold and a rolex  and was never checked for  anything.
I looked like your basic thug .
mikeg
Pro Angler
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/04 15:11:22 (permalink)
LOL...No I don't think he looks like a terrorist, but the selection has nothing to do with appearances.

Dream Catcher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1567
RE: Going fishing? Pack your **** 2008/04/04 15:38:38 (permalink)
LOL...No I don't think he looks like a terrorist, but the selection has nothing to do with appearances. <quote>

LOL... .Try entering through Canadian side customs @ Thousand Islands Region of NY with sunglasses on ..... I DARE YOU ........ You will have your gear scattered all over the pavement. Appearance means more than you think.

On another note I tried taking my fishing rods into the airport with a cardboard tube holder ; got searched 3 times in Pittsburgh , twice in Florida in 2004 .
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: