Helpful ReplySteelers 2022-23

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9659
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Steelers 2022-23 2023/01/15 10:47:36 (permalink)
Changing gears on the other Heyward, this is a good article. I can see Connor being the next “footballer” for the Steelers. Maybe not being a huge stat guy, but someone that can bring those other attributes.

https://www.behindthestee...the-offense-stats-film

Steelers (Tomlin), seems to have a thing for giving chances to the brothers of his starters. I can’t imagine many other teams have had as many siblings on rosters like the Steelers. This one seems like one that is actually going to work though.

Oh yeah, the clips show some Matt Canada play designs that are pretty ingenious when they are executed. I would not be surprised at all if he is back next season. Not saying it would be a good or bad thing. Kenny and the offense as a whole progressed. You can say their schedule got easier, but the “they didn’t play teams over .500” argument doesn’t really hold that much weight when it comes to how the NFL has so much parity in the last decade or more. The top team and bottom team can play to a close game and people would not be shocked. There are teams that have injury and other issues and end up bottom tier. They beat 9 NFL teams this year and none of them were bottom tier, many of them with highly ranked defenses. So, yes, their offense progressed. If they can find a total stud OC that has a proven record of developing younger QBs, I doubt they will pass him up. The “Matt Canada shouldn’t be an NFL OC and anyone would do better”, is complete BS at this point. I’d be completely shocked if they replace him with a guy that has an average NFL OC track record. Canada is trending upward to the point of being an average OC. The team knows his playbook and performing well with it. Their transition to a different format is a lot of work. Worth it if they have a proven winner. Not so much to trade average for average though.
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
Re: Steelers 2022-23 2023/03/06 23:11:26 (permalink)

Porktown
crappiefisher
Last play call faked everyone out. I'd like to see Robinson play more. Raw or not that guy likes to hit.

I like him too, but I think he is another Miles Jack or Big Bob Spillane right now. Great thumpers, but complete liability in coverage. His athleticism is off the charts, so hopefully he is able to fix some of the coverage issues. He is a late bloomer, so definitely a possibility. Some of the top round draft picks peaked in college. I think he is one that could be just getting started.

Pretty sure he was a running back in college so fast progress at this level. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Steelers 2022-23 2023/03/07 08:28:19 (permalink)
crappiefisher
Pretty sure he was a running back in college so fast progress at this level. 

It will be interesting to see what they do with Spillane and Jack in FA.  Both could be gone.  I doubt it though.  Got to keep at least one IMO or know you are getting another in FA.  Having Robinson and a draft pick as your starters would be a huge gamble.  Bush is definitely gone, but his intended role is not what either of these three do.  Spillane, Jack and Robinson are all the run support, after the catch tackler types.  All three are liabilities in coverage.  Bush wasn't the best at that either, but far better than either of those three.  That is what his intended role was and would go 1v1 against guys like Tyreek Hill and keep up with him.  Bush's run support was okay his first year, but downright dreadful after he was injured.  He was appearing to get a little better, but nowhere near what his option is worth.  The last few games they played more run heavy teams, where he wasn't the best choice to be on the field.  Hopefully he can turn his career around elsewhere.  A waste of a first round pick and trading up to do it, I would say is confirmed at this point.  
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3335
Re: Steelers 2022-23 2023/03/07 08:50:50 (permalink)
LDD
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3137
Re: Steelers 2022-23 2023/03/20 14:35:33 (permalink)
Seamolu is a good signing for yinz...
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Steelers 2022-23 2023/03/21 07:43:07 (permalink)
The free agency signings have all been pretty good for areas of need. Some are for depth, but Semolu, Holcomb and Peterson are all starters. All with question marks, but high end if healthy and not aged out in Peterson’s case. With how they extended Haden’s career with their scheme, I’m hopeful. As well as their own players resigning, it is looking pretty good. You never know until they actually hit the field. It is exciting seeing moves in free agency the past few years. Stillers for years had typically never made more than 1-2 moves outside of their own organization. Who knows what the best way to do things is, but makes things entertaining at the very least. Also seems to narrow down where they’ll likely target in the draft. There is talk that there likely will be a few more moves before the draft, so I am guessing even more narrowing down. Hopefully not making it too predictable.
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to: