LockedANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED!

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
bluntman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 684
  • Reward points: 0
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/07 21:05:24 (permalink)
Always had to check a deer in, in person in Ohio, they did away with that system this year, you can use any license agent, ineternet or phone now
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/07 21:05:57 (permalink)
You better go back and read your posts about the cost of using the POS system. You posted at great length about the subject of reporting harvests and the use of the POS.
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/07 21:31:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: S-10

You better go back and read your posts about the cost of using the POS system. You posted at great length about the subject of reporting harvests and the use of the POS.

Once again you either didn’t pay any attention to what was being discussed in the past or you are simply trying to mislead people again.

What was discussed before, as far as using the POS, was people who wanted everyone to report each license as either a positive OR a negative harvest.

What I pointed out in that discussion is that it would be very expense and totally unnecessary to report negative harvests. Reporting all negative harvest would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars with absolutely no benefits. We do and always have wanted ALL harvests reported though.

R.S. Bodenhorn
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/07 21:39:49 (permalink)
A step in the right direction, RSB...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/07 22:03:30 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Dars went out of his way to question me also on my commment of "a high percentage" of slobs/lawbreakers...

Guess he does not consider law breakers as "slobs"

all the stories here and other boards about trespassers... guys sitting up too close, littering, walking into the woods while someone is in their tree stand.. wounded deer, etc etc

nope they aren't "slobs" either

in Dars mind = no one is a slob if they have a hunting license and don't bother him while he is hunting...

as I have said before out of every 10 hunters I know or meet on average 3-4 of them are what I consider "slobs" or lawbreakers

On the right of way to here and past to the last camp there are 12 camps... I know of NO violations, no slobs at 7 of them.. the others = yep lawbreaking and "slobs" when it comes to deer hunting...

example.. already this year... Dad at camp drinking beer...his junior hunter takes out a mentored youth hunting on the SGL...

WOW some harsh words . Who is that man in the mirror ?
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 11:18:18 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

It's not PGC policy to enforce this law.
So I guess we have to go by the prevailing policy that this law is meaning less.

Yup you are right nothing but a bunch of Goons, Thugs and "just not nice guys."

Don't forget, RSB has added "losers" to the list of descriptions he has for license purchasing PA hunters.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 11:27:04 (permalink)

Dars went out of his way to question me also on my commment of "a high percentage" of slobs/lawbreakers...

Guess he does not consider law breakers as "slobs"

all the stories here and other boards about trespassers... guys sitting up too close, littering, walking into the woods while someone is in their tree stand.. wounded deer, etc etc

nope they aren't "slobs" either

in Dars mind = no one is a slob if they have a hunting license and don't bother him while he is hunting...

as I have said before out of every 10 hunters I know or meet on average 3-4 of them are what I consider "slobs" or lawbreakers

On the right of way to here and past to the last camp there are 12 camps... I know of NO violations, no slobs at 7 of them.. the others = yep lawbreaking and "slobs" when it comes to deer hunting...

example.. already this year... Dad at camp drinking beer...his junior hunter takes out a mentored youth hunting on the SGL...

First off, don't ever presume to know what I am thinking, you don't remotely posses the mental or intellectual ability.

But for the record, I do consider law breakers slobs.  Of the worst order.  Some other issues I would consider slobbish as well, but I have to say, in the approximately 40 years I have hunted in PA, I can count on one hand the number of slobs I have encountered. 

My question, which Doc obviously didn't understand because he didn't answer it, was what doe she consider a high percentage?  Put some quantitative (that means numbers, Doc) figure to it.

Do you really think that 30% to 40% of all hunters are slobs or lawbreakers?  That is what 3-4 out of ten translates into.  If so, you must hang with entirely the wrong crowd.

DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 11:31:37 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

With the new POS system, could there not be a barcode on the tags? Then all the hunter need do is go to any licensing agent, have his tag scanned, provide/key in harvest data, and bingo report done.

Spoon,

Please don't bring logic and 21st century technology into this.  It will only confuse them.  Besides, this has been brought up more times than enough.  The reason it has not been implemented is simple -- with cold, hard, complete data, there could be no more "massaging" of the harvest numbers so that the formula dejour can be applied to make the numbers work out they way they want them to.

DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 11:36:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: RSB

ORIGINAL: S-10

Once again you either didn’t pay any attention to what was being discussed in the past or you are simply trying to mislead people again.

What was discussed before, as far as using the POS, was people who wanted everyone to report each license as either a positive OR a negative harvest.

What I pointed out in that discussion is that it would be very expense and totally unnecessary to report negative harvests. Reporting all negative harvest would cost hundreds of thousands of dollars with absolutely no benefits. We do and always have wanted ALL harvests reported though.

R.S. Bodenhorn

Oh, he is paying attention and does understand.  What you don't understand or pretend that you don't, is that it requires both positive and negative harvest reports to get a complete, hard data, truthful picture.  By only reporting positive responses a subset of the total picture is missing which means that the cost is wasted because the PGC will just apply their formual in favor at the time to harvest numbers that were just obtained in a different manner.  With both positive and negative reports, there is no need for a formula and the true harvest will be there in black and white -- something the PGC doesn't want.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 11:59:56 (permalink)
Do you really think that 30% to 40% of all hunters are slobs or lawbreakers? That is what 3-4 out of ten translates into. If so, you must hang with entirely the wrong crowd

Not quite.. I'd say 2-3 out of ten are either slobs or lawbreakers..

Has nothing to do with hanging with the wrong crowd.. I work in the general public.. I talk to hunters and anglers EVRY SINGLE DAY .... I know and talk to folks with the PGC and know what they see while out with hunters ... and I hunt 95% on public land open to all ....

just because I know/hear/see some of the neighbor camps and other hunters break laws does NOT have anything to do with who I hang with.. definitely do not hang or asscoiate with slob hunters or even those prone to break game laws...

I can count on one hand the number of slobs I have encountered.

You obviously do not get out much ... must be all that pay to hunt crowd ...

You obviously do not hunt public land much either...

I do not believe there is ONE OTHER SINGLE person on this web site that would/could truthfully say they have only enncountered 5 slobs or lawbreaker hunters in their life...

I have always had my doubts about your hunting knowledge but that remark certainly proves to me you have not idea what is really going on in the world of hunting, especially public land hunting........

Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 12:16:25 (permalink)
I see what I consider to be slob hunters literally by the truckload while hunting, on a fairly regular basis.  If I were to include the slob hunters I encounter through work, friends, and family the number would be even greater. 

I can't really put a percentage on this because the slobs have gotten much of the land I used to hunt shut down and I no longer encounter near as many hunters while I am in the woods.  There are also several properties which I still have permission to hunt, but will no longer hunt because of the low lifes that frequent these places.  I do whatever I can to avoid contact with the slobs. 

These people exist everywhere, I guess I must just be in a high concentration area of them... 
S-10
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 12:32:27 (permalink)
How do you guys know a person is a slob or illegal hunter unless you have either hunted with him or actually seen him do something. Lots of guys bull//it at the bar or water cooler, sometimes just to stir someone else up.
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 12:42:08 (permalink)
I guess it all depends on how you define a slob.

I have seen first hand many that acted in a manner which would make them a slob in my book.  But you are right, a lot of my basis is on things I hear at jobsites and while at work.  But, if someone wants to talk like a slob hunter, I am going to classify them as a slob hunter... 
S-10
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 12:57:44 (permalink)

I once worked with a guy who started coming in every day and bragging about all the illegal fish and game he was taking in and out of season. He would even say he was going out after work and shoot under the light. We found out later the reason was he knew another of our co-workers had just become a DWCO and was trying to keep it quiet and the guy was just trying to needle him.
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 13:52:48 (permalink)

Do you really think that 30% to 40% of all hunters are slobs or lawbreakers? That is what 3-4 out of ten translates into. If so, you must hang with entirely the wrong crowd

Not quite.. I'd say 2-3 out of ten are either slobs or lawbreakers..

Has nothing to do with hanging with the wrong crowd.. I work in the general public.. I talk to hunters and anglers EVRY SINGLE DAY .... I know and talk to folks with the PGC and know what they see while out with hunters ... and I hunt 95% on public land open to all ....

just because I know/hear/see some of the neighbor camps and other hunters break laws does NOT have anything to do with who I hang with.. definitely do not hang or asscoiate with slob hunters or even those prone to break game laws...

I can count on one hand the number of slobs I have encountered.

You obviously do not get out much ... must be all that pay to hunt crowd ...

You obviously do not hunt public land much either...

I do not believe there is ONE OTHER SINGLE person on this web site that would/could truthfully say they have only enncountered 5 slobs or lawbreaker hunters in their life...

I have always had my doubts about your hunting knowledge but that remark certainly proves to me you have not idea what is really going on in the world of hunting, especially public land hunting........

So you are changing from 30 - 40% to ONLY 20-30%.  Which is it?  The number from this post or form one few posts up?

Again, you now nothing about me.  I have hunted pheasants ten times this fall so far and guess what -- it has all been on public land.  And guess what else -- I encountered many hunters, but not a single slob.  I didn't witness anyone breaking the law, I saw no littering, I saw no one being uncourteous (some folks did cut some others off, but that happens when there are more hunting groups than there are fields to hunt in -- it was no big deal and everyone played like adults).  Oh, I didn't see any youths either.

As for getting out hunting much, you might be right.  I hunt pheasants every chance I get, when conditions are correct.  As stated above, that has been 10 times thus far this season.  With regard to deer, during the one-and-done years, I deer hunted about two to three hours each year because I killed a deer and had to stop.  During the separate buck and doe seasons where I could get a buck and a doe, that amount of time doubled because I could hunt both, but again, it wasn't long because I was successful.  To me the only thing that counts for time served would be prison -- and certainly not hunting. 

As for hunting knowledge, I would presume that the person that successfully harvests game would be more knowledgeable about hunting that the person that goes time and time and time again, yet comes home with nothing.  It is kind of like golf -- the better golfers take less strokes to cover 18 holes that the poor golfers and the better hunters are more successful more often and more quickly.

You have no idea how long I worked with the general public.  You have no idea who I talk too.  And if there are so many violators from what the PGC tells you, why aren't there more arrests and convictions than there are?
post edited by DarDys - 2011/11/08 13:55:55

S-10
Pro Angler
RE: ANTLERLESS DEER LEGISLATION. THIS IS WHAT WE NEED! 2011/11/08 15:03:50 (permalink)
If 30 to 40% of the hunters are outlaws why were there citations issued to only .007% of them and a large portion of those had to do with illegal use of a vehicle.. Someone needs to spend more time in the field based on those numbers.
post edited by S-10 - 2011/11/08 15:05:09
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: