Safety Zone signs

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 11:59:21 (permalink)
Stop in your local print shop, if they don't have any they can make them. We generally try to keep Safety Zone, Posted and No Doe Hunting signs on stock.

(shameless self promotion... sorry)
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 12:38:50 (permalink)
Thank you.  That answers my question.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 17:32:43 (permalink)
What's the advantage for the land owner enrolling in such a program. Isn't posted with permission only the same thing? Still have to ask permission regardless on private property.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 17:35:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

I may be fined for trespassing but not a safety zone violation unless I was found to have been HUNTING !!!!!

Why do you not understand the difference ?????

The PGC could not fine me for anything if I was not hunting... .. you'd have to call the PSP

and I already said that ...

I may be fined for trespassing but not a safety zone violation unless I was found to have been HUNTING !!!!!

Walking through and disturbing ANY wildlife is a violation. You don't have to be hunting. Now go read the laws..
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 17:58:02 (permalink)
I have and I can not find where Safety Zone Laws refer to anything but WHILE HUNTING.. according to the PGC definition of hunting...

and I see NO ONE agreeing with your BS about just being there is a violation either...

especially this ridiculous statement..

Put this way trout. You walk through my property where it is posted with safety zone signs at "any" time and your PGC tattoo would not save your butt from being fined.

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 18:22:53 (permalink)
RSB, since Trout can't seem to understand what violates a safety zone could you clear this one up. I have my property posted with safety zone signs in a radius of 150 yards from my dwelling. With out my permission Trout enters my safety zone (rather it be Dec. or Aug.) and disturbs the wildlife taking up residents there .Is he in violation of the game code pertaining to safety zones?
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 18:35:28 (permalink)
Oh Boy .. you should not have done that..

Let's look at the history here at Fisherie of who has read and understood the game code and the enforcement of it and who has NOT ====

You have been WRONG on ==

... field tips while archery hunting

... shooting coyotes in small game season

... FOBs being illegal to use

... "all that personl info" on camp roosters that YOU said was required

and now this one =

.. safety zone violations

Me thinks you are the one that needs to read the book.....

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 18:37:17
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 19:16:33 (permalink)
Kinda like you stating you are not allowed to shoot across a road..BS
Read the reg you are wrong...

You can shoot across a road if you are higher than the road..

Pot calling kettle black again or senior moment ???

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 19:17:53 (permalink)
Safety zone signs are really nothing more than a courtesy to the hunters that might be approaching from a direction where they wouldn’t see or otherwise be aware they are approaching a building. All other situations shouldn’t need a sign since hunters are supposed to know better than to hunt, shoot, trap or even disturb wildlife within 150 yards of a building without first getting permission from the occupants.

R.S. Bodenhorn

This seems to imply OA is correct------The wording on distrubing wildlife is also in the post Bings made. Have to admit I wasn't even aware of it.
post edited by S-10 - 2011/08/09 19:20:42
RSB
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 932
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 20:21:41 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

RSB, since Trout can't seem to understand what violates a safety zone could you clear this one up. I have my property posted with safety zone signs in a radius of 150 yards from my dwelling. With out my permission Trout enters my safety zone (rather it be Dec. or Aug.) and disturbs the wildlife taking up residents there .Is he in violation of the game code pertaining to safety zones?

A person would have to be hunting or assisting in a hunt in some capacity to be charged with, or at least convicted of, a safety zone violation.

R.S. Bodenhorn
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 20:37:34 (permalink)
This seems to imply OA is correct

A person would have to be hunting or assisting in a hunt in some capacity to be charged with, or at least convicted of, a safety zone violation.

Thanks for the conformation RSB ....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 20:51:32
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 20:47:15 (permalink)
Kinda like you stating you are not allowed to shoot across a road..BS
Read the reg you are wrong...

Once again a reply from someone who did not read what I posted..

As I read what I posted I see a question NOT a statement ... but see what you think ???

Why do you think a road would make a difference in the 150 yards .. just because you can not shoot across one ???

I was wondering if OA thought it was against the law to shoot across the road thus okay to be hunting within 150 yards across the road from a dwelling (safety zone)...

I have always known the law about shooting from or across the road.. maybe I should have worded the question better.. that's all.....

but as I just admitted above I do not know every single law and never claimed to, you guys give me way too much credit for things

but I do try to do my best at knowing them or getting answers..

I am always asked questions at the club both about hunting and fishing and do not want to be giving the wrong rules/answers and RSB and WCO Hartless have always been available to help in the rules... and of course an E-mail to Harrsiburg will always get me answer..
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 20:50:50
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 20:51:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RSB

R.S. Bodenhorn

So what you just said would be that PGC L/E has no authority to charge a person that continues to disturb wildlife with in a safety zone without the landowners permission. A trespasser may disturb all the wildlife they want as long as they are not hunting and the PGC L/E has no ground to charge such ?
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 20:57:22 (permalink)
Ya got to be hunting or assisting in hunting in a safety zone to be charged for a safety zone violation by a WCO.   If you are not hunting, you would be trespassing if the landowner doesn't want you there.  Local PD would handle that.

My rifle is a black rifle
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 20:58:56 (permalink)
The PGC can only enforce game code violations... safety zones are just that...

trespassing laws are trespassing laws .. state laws... nothing to do with the PGC...

PGC can enforce safety zone violation if the person is determined to be HUNTING.....

if he is not hunting and does not have your permission to be there then he is simply trespassing.. and police (not a WCO) have to handle that ....

why is that so hard to understand....

The real problem here in PA is that the PGC can not even enforce trespassing laws for the most part unless a game code violation is also taking place at the same time and place..

but I think I already posted that at least once here ????

Now there's something we should all be able to get behind and support... allowing the PGC to enforce trespassing laws even if the guy is doing nothing else wrong except hunting on private property without permission (trespassing)

Are up up for that ????
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 21:02:09
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:04:47 (permalink)
OK Trout, legal or not ? An occupied camp sits 20 yards off of a dirt twp road. Directly across the road is state game lands. May a hunter park within 150 yards of that occupied camp and pursue hunting in the game lands ? May one walk with unloaded gun with in 150 yards of occupied camp? RSB I would be interested in hearing your comment also.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:11:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dpms

Ya got to be hunting or assisting in hunting in a safety zone to be charged for a safety zone violation by a WCO.   If you are not hunting, you would be trespassing if the landowner doesn't want you there.  Local PD would handle that.

The issue her is not trespassing but disturbing wildlife. The local PD could give a rats azz about wildlife and apparently the PGC L/E has "no" authority to charge one for disturbing wildlife other than if they are hunting. This is very interesting as I will pass this along to some that were told different.
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:21:06 (permalink)
If you are not hunting and disturbing wildlife on someone's property, it is still a trespass issue.  While the local PD may not care about wildlife being harrassed, it is their responsibility to enforce trespass disputes.
post edited by dpms - 2011/08/09 21:23:01

My rifle is a black rifle
RSB
Expert Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:25:18 (permalink)

R.S. Bodenhorn

So what you just said would be that PGC L/E has no authority to charge a person that continues to disturb wildlife with in a safety zone without the landowners permission. A trespasser may disturb all the wildlife they want as long as they are not hunting and the PGC L/E has no ground to charge such ?

That would depend on a number of possible factors. There is a law that makes it illegal for a person to engage in disturbing game or wildlife but it is a section hard to prove and pretty much reserved for outlandish actions that would extend way beyond just walking through an area.

Sec. 2162. Disturbance of game or wildlife.
(a) General rule.--It is unlawful for any person to drive or disturb game or wildlife except while engaged in the lawful activities set forth in this title.
(b) Nonapplicability.--This section shall not apply to any owner of land, any member of the commission, the director, any representative of the commission or any other law enforcement officer engaged in any otherwise lawful action.
(c) Penalty.--A violation of subsection (a) shall be a summary offense of the first degree.  

R.S. Bodenhorn
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:31:29 (permalink)
just what is OA calling disturbing wildlife..

I considered it (disturbing) = stalking game, driving game, pursuing, tracking, shooting at, still hunting game... as mentioned in the defintion of HUNTING according to the PGC game code...

just walking thru the woods taking photos, hiking, bike riding, ATV riding, horseback riding, for example to me are not disturbing wildlife and do not have that as the #1 reason for being there...

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 21:33:23
RSB
Expert Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:35:41 (permalink)

OK Trout, legal or not ? An occupied camp sits 20 yards off of a dirt twp road. Directly across the road is state game lands. May a hunter park within 150 yards of that occupied camp and pursue hunting in the game lands ? May one walk with unloaded gun with in 150 yards of occupied camp? RSB I would be interested in hearing your comment also.

Again the answer would depend on any number of variables. It isn’t always a safety zone violation if a hunter is within a safety zone. For it to be a safety zone violation, even if they have a gun, they have to be hunting for, chasing, disturbing game or in some manner actually hunting at the time.

Sometimes people get so caught up in the simply black and white words in the law they forget that part of the enforcement of those laws is based on the Legislative intent and also the way the courts have ruled on both the wording and enforcement of those laws. Law enforcement officers have to be guided by all of those factors when investigating complaints and possible infractions.

R.S. Bodenhorn
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:42:08 (permalink)

The PGC can only enforce game code violations... safety zones are just that...

trespassing laws are trespassing laws .. state laws... nothing to do with the PGC...

PGC can enforce safety zone violation if the person is determined to be HUNTING.....

if he is not hunting and does not have your permission to be there then he is simply trespassing.. and police (not a WCO) have to handle that ....

why is that so hard to understand....

The real problem here in PA is that the PGC can not even enforce trespassing laws for the most part unless a game code violation is also taking place at the same time and place..

but I think I already posted that at least once here ????

Now there's something we should all be able to get behind and support... allowing the PGC to enforce trespassing laws even if the guy is doing nothing else wrong except hunting on private property without permission (trespassing)

Are up up for that ????

Not fully true either.
They can enforce the trespass law if a game code has been violated.

Section 2314 of the game code......

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 21:47:12 (permalink)
OK Trout, legal or not ? An occupied camp sits 20 yards off of a dirt twp road. Directly across the road is state game lands. May a hunter park within 150 yards of that occupied camp and pursue hunting in the game lands ? May one walk with unloaded gun with in 150 yards of occupied camp?

well the hunter would have to take that 20 yards to the camp add the wide of the township road
then subtract from 150 yards and move that much further away from the camp and the road ... as I mentioned before I bought a camp right next to the SGL border maybe 20 feet away .... A hunter has to be 150 yards away from the trailer even though it is public land a safety zone over trumps the property line...

Now they can archery hunt over there all they want to if the total is more than 50 yards.. ... but that's it...

again.. please.. why is this is hard for to to comprehend ???
150 yards is 150 yards

Not sure about the parking laws, they are different in different townships...

As for the unloaded gun.. I'll let RSB tackle that one...

It's up to the WCO to determine if that unloaded gun constituted hunting or if he thought the guy was actually hunting.. I suggest they had no ammo for that unloaded gun though...

I know a guy that got busted for hunting after hours and he was carrying an unloaded gun and on his way back to the car...

Did I mention he had a shell in his hand though ....

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 22:21:53 (permalink)

R.S. Bodenhorn

That would depend on a number of possible factors. There is a law that makes it illegal for a person to engage in disturbing game or wildlife but it is a section hard to prove and pretty much reserved for outlandish actions that would extend way beyond just walking through an area.

Sec. 2162. Disturbance of game or wildlife.
(a) General rule.--It is unlawful for any person to drive or disturb game or wildlife except while engaged in the lawful activities set forth in this title.
(b) Nonapplicability.--This section shall not apply to any owner of land, any member of the commission, the director, any representative of the commission or any other law enforcement officer engaged in any otherwise lawful action.
(c) Penalty.--A violation of subsection (a) shall be a summary offense of the first degree.  

R.S. Bodenhorn

Thanks for clearing this up. As I have said from the very beginning one can not disturb game in a safety zone rather hunting or not other than the owner or L/E or PGC. I understand that this law is sometimes hard to prove and that one has violated such. However it is still printed as law and can be enforced. Thanks you again for posting section 2162. This makes my original statement to Trout valid, and fact about not being lawful to disturb any wildlife in a safety zone rather hunting or not.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 22:41:46 (permalink)

Again the answer would depend on any number of variables. It isn’t always a safety zone violation if a hunter is within a safety zone. For it to be a safety zone violation, even if they have a gun, they have to be hunting for, chasing, disturbing game or in some manner actually hunting at the time.

Sometimes people get so caught up in the simply black and white words in the law they forget that part of the enforcement of those laws is based on the Legislative intent and also the way the courts have ruled on both the wording and enforcement of those laws. Law enforcement officers have to be guided by all of those factors when investigating complaints and possible infractions.

R.S. Bodenhorn

Thank you and understood. I thing I find puzzling is that on a recent trip I have noticed that the PGC has put in two new parking areas for hunters to park on game lands. That great except the parking areas are within 150 yards of privately owned, occupied dwellings. There is a deputy in the area that will find any excuse to write a citation. As one would park their vehicle, exit it, and proceed to load their gun (or not) with intentions of hunting the game lands one would be in violation of the game code pertaining to such. I feel that the hunters have no idea that they are breaking the law. No safety zone signs are posted on the game lands to warn anyone that they are still in a safety zone. The average hunter doesn't stand a chance of having a citation dropped. Law is law in those parts and deputies don't give warnings.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 22:43:56 (permalink)
I can not belive you belive your own BS.. you just wrote this...

This makes my original statement to Trout valid, and fact about not being lawful to disturb any wildlife in a safety zone rather hunting or not

when in the real world = this was your FIRST post referring to me and safety zones...

Your really starting to act your age, your 11 right ?

Appeaantly you don't understand exactly what a saftey zone is or how it's unlawful to enter such.

Entry alone is a violation.

So then walking through a saftey zone would be a violation as one could be "disturbing" or "pursuing"...

That is NOT what RSB just wrote....

BTW .. I do not have safty zones signs up but that will not get a person off for hunting within the 150 yards.... a person in the USA is supposed to know the law.. ask any lawyer and they will tell you the same thing...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 22:47:26
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 22:47:59 (permalink)

I can not belive you belive your own BS.. you just wrote this...

This makes my original statement to Trout valid, and fact about not being lawful to disturb any wildlife in a safety zone rather hunting or not

when in the real world = this was your FIRST post referring to me and safety zones...

Your really starting to act your age, your 11 right ?

Appeaantly you don't understand exactly what a saftey zone is or how it's unlawful to enter such.

So then walking through a saftey zone would be a violation as one could be "disturbing" or "pursuing"...

That is NOT what RSB just wrote....

Go to bed little man . Just can't admitt your wrong can ya ? LAW is LAW
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 22:55:11 (permalink)
I am not wrong on this one...

just being there (entry)is not a violation.. where do you see RSB saying just being there is a violation of game code ?????

IN FACT here is WHAT HE WROTE..

It isn’t always a safety zone violation if a hunter is within a safety zone. For it to be a safety zone violation, even if they have a gun, they have to be hunting for, chasing, disturbing game or in some manner actually hunting at the time.

so you are TOTALLY wrong with your post about...

You also posted this which I said was not a safty zone violation either..

Put this way trout. You walk through my property where it is posted with safety zone signs at "any" time and your PGC tattoo would not save your butt from being fined.

so now who is the "little man" that can't admit to being wrong
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 23:00:23
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 23:02:43 (permalink)

Why do you not understand the difference ?????

The PGC could not fine me for anything if I was not hunting... .. you'd have to call the PSP

and I already said that ...

Walking through and disturbing ANY wildlife is a violation. You don't have to be hunting. Now go read the laws..

ENOUGH SAID READ THE POST now go to bed all the other 11 years old are fast a sleep

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Safety Zone signs 2011/08/09 23:29:27 (permalink)
Everyone who has read this has seen EXACTLY how an 11 year old acts when shown they are wrong.. they start to change their story..

as I just said you started with ==

it's illegal to enter a safety zone... Entry alone is a violation... then you would have me fined by the PGC for just being there... then it became walking thru is illegal .. then it was no you have to be distrubing wildlife .. then the BS about a township road... ... etc.. etc.. etc..

and as a typical teen-ager you still think you were right in saying "just being there" or "entry is a safty zone violation"...

the authority figure has stated what is right and you ignore it and think you are still right about just being there is illegal and entry is a violation....

just as teens think they know it all and no one can tell them differntly we see OA proving adults can hold onto that way of thinking into adulthood...

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/08/09 23:31:25
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: