2011 Hunting Licenses ==

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
  • Reward points: 0
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/16 18:30:00 (permalink)
I'm doing as the boss tells me to do .. so I am sure he is not telling me to do something that is illegal.

And I can find NOTHING on the PGC site that tells me a parent can not buy the license for their kids or their wife....

Just because you order on-line the rules would not be different IMHO ...

If you know it's illegal just post the source that tells you it is .. I'm not afraid of being wrong at times
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4894
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 07:21:28 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

I'm doing as the boss tells me to do .. so I am sure he is not telling me to do something that is illegal.

And I can find NOTHING on the PGC site that tells me a parent can not buy the license for their kids or their wife....

Just because you order on-line the rules would not be different IMHO ...

If you know it's illegal just post the source that tells you it is .. I'm not afraid of being wrong at times

As I stated in an earlier post, I don't know the law concerning buying a license for others, but Doc, surely you jest about the boss not possibily telling you to do something illegal.  Ever hear of Enron?

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 08:49:04 (permalink)
    Funny stuff- When I go to my place in Upstate NY to buy my $250 plus non resident tags ( even though I own a house & property there and pay taxes there) I am sometimes told "the Statewide system is down".
 Can usually fix that myself by goin down the road to another shop where " the Statewide  system" is working.  HMMMMMMM.
    Sounds like that may have happened to some of you PA fellas too.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 10:23:28 (permalink)
surely you jest about the boss not possibily telling you to do something illegal. Ever hear of Enron?

There will always be folks who do things illegal.. but I still hold to the idea they are few and far between compared to most folks... and I usually don't go around accusing folks of doing illegal things...

small town small business .. not anything like Enron..

you have to remember .. I'm from small town, USA .. we don't lock car doors or even houses and don't have to roll up car windows everytime we stop to shop...

BTW .. I am NOT the one who said anything about buying a license for a family member being illegal... and I see NO ONE has posted a thing saying it was ....

but glad you tried again ...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/07/18 10:25:01
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 13:14:20 (permalink)

surely you jest about the boss not possibily telling you to do something illegal. Ever hear of Enron?

There will always be folks who do things illegal.. but I still hold to the idea they are few and far between compared to most folks... and I usually don't go around accusing folks of doing illegal things...

you have to remember .. I'm from small town, USA .. we don't lock car doors or even houses and don't have to roll up car windows everytime we stop to shop...

BTW .. I am NOT the one who said anything about buying a license for a family member being illegal... and I see NO ONE has posted a thing saying it was ....

Man are you way too sensitive.

Did I say it was illegal?

No.  In fact I went out of my way to say that I didn't know if it was illegal are not.  I made no judgement at all.

All I did was offer some friendly advise that not everyone, particularly where money is involved, may tell you the truth about whether some activity is legal or not.  Enron was just an example.  I don't care where you live.

I wasn't trying anything.

Paranoia must be a b1tch.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 14:49:15 (permalink)

No. In fact I went out of my way to say that I didn't know if it was illegal are not.
I made no judgement at all.

Truth be told this is what you posted and to me in contains your "JUDGEMENT "

I always thought, but never looked it up, that one had to be present to buy.
If that's the case that you don't have to be there, great.

I'm so glad I go thru life looking thru "rose colored glasses" rather the smokey ones you must use ... always so negative

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/07/18 14:53:15
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 14:59:38 (permalink)

I'm from small town, USA .. we don't lock car doors or even houses and don't have to roll up car windows everytime we stop to shop...

I never considered DuBois as being that safe let alone shopping at Kohlhepps. With a population over 10,000 I hardly consider it a small town unless your comparing it to Pittsburgh.I don't think anyone accused you of anything, they only asked a few question. You really need to chill a little.
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 16:52:35 (permalink)

No. In fact I went out of my way to say that I didn't know if it was illegal are not.
I made no judgement at all.

Truth be told this is what you posted and to me in contains your "JUDGEMENT "

I always thought, but never looked it up, that one had to be present to buy.
If that's the case that you don't have to be there, great.

I'm so glad I go thru life looking thru "rose colored glasses" rather the smokey ones you must use ... always so negative

What judgement?  What negativity?

I told you what I thought -- that one had to be present to buy.  The very same thought that others on this thread had.  There was no judgement.  How do you infer a judgement from that?  There was nothing negative?  How do you infer negativity from that?

If anything, I figured that since you were acting as a selling agent and are up and all the PGC rules, regs, and laws, you would know and would enlighten the rest of us that were confused or incorrect.

But did you do that?  No.

Instead you took a personal shot at me.

post edited by DarDys - 2011/07/18 16:54:15

bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 17:21:43 (permalink)
I just went through the game code and could find nothing that you had to be face to face to purchse a license.

Did not find where you could purchase one for someone not present either...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 17:46:34 (permalink)
"What judgement? What negativity?"

Not specifically from you DarDys, but I think this is part of what he was reffering to.

"Since you bought up that you are selling them why not ask the expert ? I think I know why you refuse to answer the question."

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 19:19:36 (permalink)
Spoon..

It really does not matter.. there are several guys that would rather reply directly to me than just reply to the subject that I have responded to or started ... and if it can be negative all the better..

example =

I never considered DuBois as being that safe let alone shopping at Kohlhepps. With a population over 10,000 I hardly consider it a small town unless your comparing it to Pittsburgh.I don't think anyone accused you of anything, they only asked a few question. You really need to chill a little.

just like the above about DuBois although not necessarily negative it's comparing apples to oranges.... I said I was from small town .. up popped Dubois (10,000 people) that's not a small town and I am sure if I lived there I would lock EVERYTHING

BTW = my home town population = 2,196.... now in my book that's small
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/07/18 19:24:16
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 19:40:32 (permalink)

Since we are talking about you selling hunting licence in DuBois and you mention "small town, small business" that's what I was referring to. Relax a little before the old ticker gives out again.

With Brockway having over 147 violent crime reports in 2009 per 1k people I wouldn't consider it safe town usa either. Much better than DuBois though.
post edited by Outdoor Adventures - 2011/07/18 19:56:00
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 21:08:47 (permalink)

Since we are talking about you selling hunting licence in DuBois

Where did you see that posted ?????????

I work/live in Brockway not DuBois, have no idea why you thought DuBois ?????

You have to stop reading and putting things in my posts that are not there...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/07/18 21:10:33
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 21:26:31 (permalink)

Since we are talking about you selling hunting licence in DuBois

Where did you see that posted ?????????

I work/live in Brockway not DuBois, have no idea why you thought DuBois ?????

You have to stop reading and putting things in my posts that are not there...

Kohlhepps.

Opps my mistake. I was thing Kohlhepps True Value in DuBois. I apologize for the error.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/18 21:57:13 (permalink)
""147 violent crime reports "" sounds high to me but I don't know how many there were so I'll take that as what it is..

I will say .. I live 9 miles from "downtown" .. and I am aware that the "drug scene" is BAD for a town this small ...

suicides are also probably really high for a town this size ... I know of about ten this year already... latest one was Thursday night.. a young man 35 year old... ????
DarDys
Pro Angler
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/19 07:04:00 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: spoonchucker

"What judgement? What negativity?"

Not specifically from you DarDys, but I think this is part of what he was reffering to.

"Since you bought up that you are selling them why not ask the expert ? I think I know why you refuse to answer the question."

Read his post, he specifically addressed me with a quote from a former post.  It was a direct, specific personal shot.

All I did was ask a question of someone that should have better information than I do on a subject that was raised.

tull66
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1049
RE: 2011 Hunting Licenses == 2011/07/19 10:26:44 (permalink)

suicides are also probably really high for a town this size ... I know of about ten this year already... latest one was Thursday night.. a young man 35 year old... ????

Bring back the deer!

Absolute power corrupts absolutely. The closer we adhere to the Holy Bible and the US Constitution (as it was written) the closer we get to the model that made America great. The great American experiment worked, human nature just got in the way.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: