Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3509
  • Reward points: 0
2011/03/13 13:37:34 (permalink)

Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting

Todays post on http://www.skunkinthewoodpile.com I sincerely hope that other sportsmans organizations take a position on the issue and let thier thoughts be known. There has never been more movement on this issue than recently. This statement was mailed to every commissioner and the Executive Director. Below is the entire blog.

Today’s post about Sunday hunting is brought to us by the Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation (PCF). The sportsmen’s organization was founded in 2008 to promote the use of crossbows as hunting tools to manage wildlife. The organization uses education and outreach to advocate the use of crossbows, foster meaningful landowner relationships, and create partnerships among hunting organizations. To learn more about the PCF, visit their website at http://www.pacrossbow.com.

We encourage other sportsmen’s groups to support the repeal of the ban on Sunday hunting and for the Pennsylvania Game Commission (PGC) to be able to regulate Sunday hunting. – Roxane Palone

“At the core of the mission of the Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation, is the objective to increase participation in hunting and to recruit new hunters into our sport. Our organization believes that the inclusion of crossbows into our archery seasons has resulted in positive gains in both areas. We also believe that there are many options to further add to these positive gains. Sunday hunting has long been a point of contention among many groups, including the sportsmen of this state. Unfortunately the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s hands are tied on this issue as our state’s General Assembly currently regulates Sunday hunting.

The Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation has been made aware of a willingness from some of our state’s representatives to consider legislation that would essentially give regulatory control of Sunday hunting to the PGC. As a result of this movement, the PCF swiftly polled its membership on this exact scenario. The results of our poll revealed overwhelming support for the PGC having regulatory control of Sunday hunting.

The PCF feels very strongly that the issue of Sunday hunting is a “seasons and bag limits” issue and that the PGC should have regulatory control. Our organization also believes that allowing hunting seven days of the week will provide much needed opportunities for those who struggle to find the time to enjoy our sport. With hunter numbers decreasing and our youth being subjected to many distractions, Sunday hunting will help to slow the loss and bring sporting families further together on the weekends.

If legislation does pass, the PCF would urge a slow, guarded approach. While the benefits of Sunday hunting are numerous, many factors must be considered before the addition of Sundays to a particular season is implemented. The PCF trusts that the PGC would weigh all factors with due diligence before adding additional potential high harvest days to a season.

While this issue is currently controlled by the state legislature, the Pennsylvania Crossbow Federation would like the Pennsylvania Game Commission’s Board of Commissioners (BOC) to consider passing a formal resolution that supports our state’s General Assembly, through legislation, relinquishing regulatory control of Sunday hunting and passing the torch to our state’s game agency. This opportunity has never been better and the time for action is now. If this resolution is passed at a PGC meeting, a clear message will be sent to our representatives that the PGC is prepared and willing to assume this responsibility. Again, the PCF urges the PGC’s BOC to pass this resolution in support of regulatory control. The future of hunting in Pennsylvania would benefit immensely from this potential action.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this important matter.”

My rifle is a black rifle

201 Replies Related Threads

Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1849
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 17:01:02 (permalink)
    Is the Pennsylvania Game Commission willing to make this commitment ?
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 17:19:12 (permalink)
    With two of the biggest complaints of hunters being the lack of game and lack of places to hunt why do we want to put more pressure on the game and pizz off the people who own most of the land we want to hunt on? As for the PGC and BOC, With the number of folks that hold a less than stellar view of them now I can think of no reason for them to want to jump in the middle of that can of worms at the present time.
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 18:02:08 (permalink)
    I believe that hunting on Sunday has a lot to do with the farm bureau. They are mostly against it.If Sunday hunting was to get approved many farmers not in favor of Sunday hunting could simply post "NO SUNDAY HUNTING" as could anyone else. I really don't see any harm in making Sunday hunting legal. We have Sunday hunting now in Pa, just not for all game. Write your legislators to approve Sunday hunting.
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 18:09:13 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Outdoor Adventures

Is the Pennsylvania Game Commission willing to make this commitment ?

As far as I can tell, there is a slight majority on the BOC that supports regulatory control.  Past history shows typically they punt to the legislature. That may change as there is a push for the BOC to pass this resolution.  Why a game agency would not want regulatory control is beyond me.

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 18:13:17 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: S-10

With two of the biggest complaints of hunters being the lack of game and lack of places to hunt why do we want to put more pressure on the game and pizz off the people who own most of the land we want to hunt on?

Regulatory control is not a mandate for hunting of all species on Sunday.  Just gives them, our game agency, control of it.  Deer is all most want to focus on but most likely deer would be the last species to see Sundays.  The PGC does not want to shorten seasons.  That is everyones fear but the reality is that is more likely with the legislature in control, rather than the PGC.

Difference is hunters, farmers and non-hunters would lobby our game agency for or against Sunday hunting, not the legislature.  It is a seasons and bag limits issue, nothing more.

The legislature is asking the BOC to pass this resolution. We will see.
    post edited by dpms - 2011/03/13 18:16:52

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 18:15:32 (permalink)

Write your legislators to approve Sunday hunting.

Better yet, write the BOC asking them to pass a resolution supporting regulatory control.  The PGC must want it before the legislature considers it.  It will go no where unless the PGC steps up to the plate.

bassboatbill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1194
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 19:09:19 (permalink)
    yes please voice your opinion to the PGC pgccomments@state.pa.us

Reputation is made in a moment.......Character is built in a lifetime

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4417
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 19:19:00 (permalink)
    For once I have to agree with a couple folks that I do not usually agree with...

Personally I am not in favor of Sunday hunting... and the LAST thing I want is the PGC making the call..

The politicians want the PGC to make the call so it will not effect their re-elections !!. plain and simple --- they know the MAJORITY OF PA RESIDENTS DO NOT WANT SUNDAY HUNTING... even the hunters themselves are divided on the subject...

so they say let the PGC make the call === let them get the "threatened land posted"... pizz off those hunters not allowed to hunt there anymore... pizz off the hunters thinking we need to "save" more deer not add another non-work day or two to kill more.. etc..etc...

just get more and more people P.O.ed about hunting and hunters and their (politicians) hands are clean as a whislte.. it's the PGC's fault will be their battle cry....

Luckily (in my opinion) most staff at the PGC realize this is what "the deal" is and don't want to touch making the call on more Sunday hunting...

and the worst part is if the threats about posting land holds true.. it will be too late after the fact to change ..

the other choice = make it just SGLs.. then that would immediately become the last place in the world I want to be on Sunday rifle season hunt... and if many think that would improve the deer popultaion all those guys with no place to hunt but SGL on a "day off" would benefit the deer population... and improve Pa deer hunting then what can I say ... Bring it ON
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/03/13 19:26:09
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 19:29:48 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Personally I am not in favor of Sunday hunting... and the LAST thing I want is the PGC making the call..

I can respect that you are not in favor of Sunday hunting.  I find it difficult trying to understand hunters not wanting our game agency in control of it.  It is the right thing to do.  Our game agency should have regulatory control.  Could care less why the legislature is considering a change of heart.

The PGC could get regulatory control and do nothing with it but they would have it where it belongs.

Polls actually show 3/5 hunters in favor of "Sunday hunting".  Specify that to who should have regulatory control and the numbers are higher.
    post edited by dpms - 2011/03/13 19:32:48

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 19:54:04 (permalink)
    Gene I know you have talked to the game fisheries guys as much as I have and some of those I talk to tell me STRAIGHT UP they are not making the call on Sunday hunting it would be suicide...
    let the PGC take the heat..

Maybe it's an area thing, religion, trespassing, what ever but the PA hunters will loose a lot of land to hunt.. remember just because it did not happen in other states with the threats does NOT mean in will NOT in PA... remember these are PENNSYLVANIANS... clinging to their relegion and guns according to the Prez... and once done it will never be reversed... the hunters will lose in the long run... and the PGC will suffer and THEY KNOW IT....

are you really sure you are willing to take on that responsibility of pushing for closing land to fellow hunters just because you want to hunt on Sundays... ???

IMHO === could be and probably would be a very very very dangerous move...
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/03/13 19:57:12
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 20:04:02 (permalink)
    Sooo........ IMHO == remember I'm old and my hunting days are probably numbered...

If we get Sunday hunting and nothing happens.. so be it...

If land gets closed... the sport of deer hunting just died in PA... and so will whom ever made it happen ...

I'M NOT WILLING TO MAKE THAT CALL BUT IT APPEARS YOU ARE and want the PGC to be the once held responsible for what may turn out to be the end of deer hunting in PA on private lands...

guys are posting now for no doe hunting or no deer hunting period...do you think they will be happy with it's okay to hunt bucks a few more days here though ?????????????

Owners I talk to here say make it legal === and my land is CLOSED.....
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/03/13 20:06:08
    mr.crappie
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2549
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 20:17:25 (permalink)
    Although I personaly don't take'polls'too seriously,I say to those who don't approve of Sunday hunting DON'T HUNT. As far as the Farm Bureau saying that thier members don't approve of hunting on Sundays, I say that they must not have the problem with deer numbers that they say they do or they would welcome more free pest control.Also why shouldn't we be allowed to hunt at least on 'Our' gamelands, which we hunters purchased?Also I don't think anyone should want the legislators to have any control of hunting regs at all considering thier past efforts. sam
    wayne c
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3473
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 20:34:08 (permalink)
    I can respect that you are not in favor of Sunday hunting. I find it difficult trying to understand hunters not wanting our game agency in control of it. It is the right thing to do. Our game agency should have regulatory control. Could care less why the legislature is considering a change of heart.

I can appreciate the desire for some to have more time afield. But i do not support sunday hunting or any added opportunity when it comes to the already too much we have with our deer herd. And i wont support it with some of the current staff in place that simply cannot be trusted period. Also do not support with the possibility of environmental extreme minded boc majority present or near future very likely according to recent past history. When and if these things can be addressed, and it could be reasonably ensured that we wouldnt be shooting ourselves in the foot by supporting this, then and only then will i completely support sunday hunting. That is the message i made clear to our legislators.
    wayne c
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 20:36:16 (permalink)
    I say to those who don't approve of Sunday hunting DON'T HUNT

I would be willing to bet anything i own, that i and several that i know hunt more than 90%+ of those that voted for or against.

Its not that we wouldnt like to have sundays legal. We just can look past it and logically assess the results of the decision. Give Carl, Cal, And Rosenberry another high harvest day each week of the season? -- HA!-- Thats all i have to say about that.
    post edited by wayne c - 2011/03/13 20:38:36
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 20:57:10 (permalink)

are you really sure you are willing to take on that responsibility of pushing for closing land to fellow hunters just because you want to hunt on Sundays... ???

IMHO === could be and probably would be a very very very dangerous move...

I never said I wanted to hunt on Sundays. I would if it I were able but that is not the issue at hand. The issue I brought to the table is regulatory control and who should have it.  The PGC may not add one day of Sunday hunting even if they control it because of the concerns you have.

I am quite sure if it would be expanded it would be expanded very slowly and closely watched.  Deer might not be on the radar for some time, if ever, if the sportsmen don't want it.

Let me ask you this. Who do you feel should have regulatory control of Sunday hunting. Politicians or state game agencies? Not a Pa. specific question.

bassboatbill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1194
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 21:01:34 (permalink)
    exactly...this inst about sundays being wide open to go shoot anything in any season, this is about who should regulate if hunting of any kind should be permitted...why should legislation control this and not the game commission?

Reputation is made in a moment.......Character is built in a lifetime

wayne c
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 21:20:05 (permalink)
    exactly...this inst about sundays being wide open to go shoot anything in any season, this is about who should regulate if hunting of any kind should be permitted...why should legislation control this and not the game commission?

I dont particularly care who controls it right now anyway. I look at who is more likely to pass it and what the result would be if the power is given to pgc. Which to me is using it as another herd annihilation tool to its fullest extent as soon as they have the money lined up for long term implementation/continuance of the deer eradication plan, and enough votes on the boc if they dont have it again already.

"The PGC may not add one day of Sunday hunting even if they control it because of the concerns you have.

Just like they didnt give us 55000 tags for too many years because of the concerns i have? Or just like they didnt take the herd in 2g to ridiculoiusly low levels previously because of concernes we have? Just like we hunters were told we were crybabies and to go hunt squirrels because of those concerns we had?

"I am quite sure if it would be expanded it would be expanded very slowly and closely watched. Deer might not be on the radar for some time, if ever, if the sportsmen don't want it."

Since when, in the last decade has "what sportsmen want" honestly even been a consideration?

Let me ask you this. Who do you feel should have regulatory control of Sunday hunting. Politicians or state game agencies? Not a Pa. specific question.

For me it most certainly is a Pa specific question. We have a PA specific staff in place at our Pa specific game commission that has a Pa specific deer plan in place. For me, that trumps any concerns i might have over what is "politically correct" with "say" over Sunday hunting. And for me, pgc having say IS the exact same thing as having it. I have no doubt they would jump at the chance to use it towards meeting extreme deer goals in the near future. JUst think what our herd wouldve been like today if we had sunday hunting under the Pallone & Schleiden regime. The current boc crew is unproven as of yet and are temps anyway, and some of the staff HAVE proven themselves to be 100% untrustworthy as i see it.

Legislators arent the ones whove been proven to lie over and over about everything from pgcs financial situation, gas potential income, and most noted the deer plan, they arent the ones that gave us a fantastic (sarcasm) new deer contraception use policy etc. That was all thanks to pgc.

Also, Legislators have already proven they arent all that inclined to permit sundays, since they havent for the many many decades theyve had control, which is why im fine with things as is for now.
    post edited by wayne c - 2011/03/13 21:46:51
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 21:47:38 (permalink)
    Differences of opinion, Wayne. While I am a concerned citizen and hunter, I don't buy into your conspiracy theories.  I support game agencies managing wildlife, not politicians.  In Pennsylvania and everywhere else.

The antis would much rather have the politicians doing it, though.

wayne c
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 22:28:23 (permalink)
    No. Thats a far too general statement. The antihunters would support pgc having it. Ive even seen it posted on an antihunter website while browsing through search results on another topic, where it was stated that an antihunter supported the pgc deer plan because they read it was causing a decline in the number of hunters in the state.

My issue isnt one of antis that noone takes seriously anyway. Mine is with the enviro extreme nuts that are running the show and have done more in the last decade to our sport that is detrimental than any "antis" have, ever, in the last 100+ years in this state.

My positions of inappropriate pgc b.s. are factual and in no way "conspiracy theories" whether you or anyone else likes it or agree doesnt much matter towards the accuracy of the statements.
    post edited by wayne c - 2011/03/13 22:35:38
    wayne c
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 22:33:10 (permalink)
    I support game agencies managing wildlife, not politicians. In Pennsylvania and everywhere else.

And i agree thats opinion based and we will agree to disagree. My position is i support it just about everywhere that im aware of anyway, except pa. Not coincidentally, im also not aware of as much extremism in any other states deer management team, a worse recent track record, worse credibility, or one approaching Pa's level of hunter dissent and controversy.

I would support Donald, Daffy and Bugs managing our game animals before some of the current crew. And i dont mean that towards everyone at pgc. Just a select few that have far too much power than their obtuse views should permit.

post edited by wayne c - 2011/03/13 22:38:40
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/13 23:53:26 (permalink)
    #1.. the basis for the no hunting on Sunday is/was because of legislation in the first place.. so it should be their decision on what they now remove from the no "whatever" on Sundays list ... look how many they have already dropped from the Sunday ban.. they won't touch the hunting issue for the EXACT reason I said.. Politicians have "flat out" told me the people that put and keep them in office do not want to worry about hunters on Sundays, are against it, and will close their land and vote them OUT... It's not just farmers folks... it's people who like to hike, spend time in the outdoors for at least one day when they do not have to work, church goers who do not want to hear gun shots in the middle of their prayers, some hunters themselves do not want it for various reason, and many others .. maybe if it were just one group of individuals the politicains may tackle it.. but it's not == its many different groups...

many just want to talk about farmers and land owners, there are other groups..

The antis would much rather have the politicians doing it, though.

If you mean anti-hunting ==== I TOTALLY DISAGREE.... and have been told the antis want the PGC to do it == there the ones "pushing" the politicians to get the PGC to do it...

then when we lose lands for hunting they can say .. see thanks to the PGC there's too many people for safety on those grounds.... no deer on public open land and the private owners won't let them on posted land,, trespassing is out of control... crop damage in TERRIBLE .. and when I get home from church or go visiting family or family comes here for dinner.. I don't want people on my property hunting/killing animals and I told everyone that is what I would do back when it was not legal.. the PGC chasnged it.. so do something with these deer....

Then I hear this = so we need to use some other method to control the deer... hunters can't do it now that the PGC changed the rules.. so do away with hunting.. and then PRESSURE the politicians to do away with it if the PGC doesn't .. after all they caused this mess... ...

we need to think long and hard and be careful of which we wish for...

say what you want about the PGC.. but remember politicians ARE NOT DUMB.... they are the smart ones with the "angles" ...

serving beer, shopping, things the people that keep them in office (voters) wanted .. finally are being removed.. when hunters make up less than 10% of the population and probably even less of the voters, they are not the prime folks the politicians listen to...

as far as Sunday hunting I'm still basically on the fence.. I really don't want it,

but when and IF the majority of Pa residents approve.. AND a much higher percent of hunters themselves approve .. so be it.... what happens happens... I just don't want the PGC to be the "fall guys" if it blows up in some one's face after being changed... we would lose the sport of hunting and it would have nothing to do with deer
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/03/13 23:59:16
    Outdoor Adventures
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 00:21:24 (permalink)
    What if fish and game was controled by the DCNR would that make a differance ?
    What if WMUs went back to counties and then Sunday hunting was voted on by county ?
    Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 00:51:47 (permalink)
    Don't understand question #1... if you are talking merger.. I have never favored that one bit....

question #2... so now you are saying you don't want elected officials or the PGC making the call you want voters to decide hunting issues ????

That would be a disaster

and as I said if left to ALL the PA. voters = Sunday hunting will never pass.. and we might lose what Sunday hunting we do have... and that would pizz off the two 17 year olds that stopped in the store today that were crow and coyote hunting today....
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/03/14 00:52:30
    S-10
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5185
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 08:02:07 (permalink)

Since things are not going to change regarding Sunday hunting while in the hands of the politicans what possible reason would you have for wanting it in the hands of the BOC "OTHER" than your feeling they will change course and allow Sunday hunting?
    dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 08:02:41 (permalink)

but when and IF the majority of Pa residents approve.. AND a much higher percent of hunters themselves approve .. so be it.... what happens happens... I just don't want the PGC to be the "fall guys" if it blows up in some one's face after being changed... we would lose the sport of hunting and it would have nothing to do with deer

Respectfully, doc, you are playing into the hands of the antis.  If a poll showed that the residents of Pa. do not support dove hunting would you support that opinion and fight to have dove hunting banned?

dpms
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 08:09:27 (permalink)

Since things are not going to change regarding Sunday hunting while in the hands of the politicans what possible reason would you have for wanting it in the hands of the BOC "OTHER" than your feeling they will change course and allow Sunday hunting?

I am of the opinion that game agencies should regulate hunting.  Currently the PGC regulates it six days of the week and not seven, with politicians regulating the seventh. 

If and when that changes we can debate how and when it should be implemented.  Most likely slow and cautious would rule the day with the only folks aware of the changes are a few hunters taking advantage of the extra opportunity.  Personally, I don't think deer would be on the radar for a very long time. 

SilverKype
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3842
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 08:44:32 (permalink)

What if WMUs went back to counties and then Sunday hunting was voted on by county ?

All the deer would run for the non-hunting counties Saturday night.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 08:46:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dpms

I am of the opinion that game agencies should regulate hunting.  Currently the PGC regulates it six days of the week and not seven, with politicians regulating the seventh. 

If and when that changes we can debate how and when it should be implemented.  Most likely slow and cautious would rule the day with the only folks aware of the changes are a few hunters taking advantage of the extra opportunity.  Personally, I don't think deer would be on the radar for a very long time. 

+1

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
    Pro Angler
    RE: Sportsmans orgs and Sunday hunting 2011/03/14 11:12:59 (permalink)
    It's not all about deer...... again... folks do not want Sunday hunting period.... some around here do not even like what is in place now.. but not many are really interested in shooting crows or coyotes....nor is it that popular here..

I have not read or heard a thing about non-hunters saying they will not post and will support Sunday hunting if it is not for deer.. they are saying NO SUNDAY HUNTING PERIOD...

I give the non-hunting public more credit than you .. as for being smart enough to look "down the road".... give it to the PGC and if will be either in 1 year or 5 or 10.. but it will be deer hunting too.. slow and easy .. they can see thru that in a minute, they too are not dumb... and they know the politicians are not going to cut their own throats and allow Sunday hunting...

If a poll showed that the residents of Pa. do not support dove hunting would you support that opinion and fight to have dove hunting banned?

#1 that's not fair = the PGC does not control doves, the feds have more say than the PGC I believe..

but anyhow...

I want NO ONE but the PGC controlling decisions about what species, what time of the year and how to hunt wildlife to HELP them manage wildlife for population and habitat...

however this has nothing to do with that.. this has to do with harvesting MORE wildlife by adding a non-work day for the majority of PA residents... adding another day harvesting more will increase harvest numbers and lower populations.... and TOTALLY upset non-hunters...

if you need more time or more opportunity add a week to the seasons...

what species do you see or hear the PGC saying we need to kill more of that the hunters agree with...

are rabbit hunters saying that we need MORE rabbits killed... how about pheasant hunters are they saying we need MORE of them killed... squirrels, grouse, we are over run with them and need more days...

Even if that was the case the non-hunting folks could care less if you added a week or two to the season.. they just do not want hunting on Sunday.. that should be easy to understand..

The PGC is not saying to manage our wildlife we have to add Sunday hunting... that's' suicide...
    In fact I'd love to hear the #1 reason thay would say to add Sunday for hunting to do their job of managing our wild life.... I'm dying to hear them say we need more wildlife klilled and to do that we have to allow hunting on Sunday... agagin = suicide !!!

If non-hunters and biologist were to say there are almost no doves left... almost extinct.. stop hunting them... I could see me supporting that... but for the non-hunters to decide what we hunt .. nope...

this is not about hunting anyhow.. it's about taking away religion .... take away a day that still has religious and family meanings to too many in Pa... but as Pa and the USA move away from our religious founding and more to a non-Christian country and state.. it still may happen in a few decades.. I just pray I won't be around for it........
    post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/03/14 11:22:48
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
    Jump to: