• Total Posts : 565
  • Reward points: 0
2010/10/01 18:34:10 (permalink)

72 Replies Related Threads

ssgt12
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 155
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/01 18:52:06 (permalink)
    thanks seems that there are some die heart fishermen around i dont think they are going to get them to hit a fly must be snaggers
    salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 00:47:41 (permalink)

WOW! I wouldn't be on the bridge....

Take a Salmon from a puddle for eating. Cool deal. Looks like a great time for arrowhead hunting when things get calmed down...

Lyrical
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3207
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 06:46:19 (permalink)
    you know, the fishing up there is a funny concept. since you mention arrow head hunting... i'm not a snagger and mostly look down on them; but it's funny to think we don't look down upon a hunter who goes in the woods and kills a buck or a turkey with a bullet, but we look down on a snagger. what is the difference. you'd almost think that the snagger is atleast giving the fish a chance because the fish can fight back and get away. while when hunting, you pull that trigger and that innocent bambi that was just eating peacefully has no chance. an interesting concept to say the least... maybe hunters should start running bait on steel wire with a hook on the end and once that deer takes it's a wild goose chase to run him down and tackle him. that in my eyes would be a true man's sport... LMAO
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5026
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 06:57:05 (permalink)
    Innocent bambi?? Sounds like a PETA ploy to me.....

Mabee beacuse snagging is illegal for starters...

Killing innocent little bambi with a high power rifle "IS" legal......
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2010/10/03 06:58:11

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 07:16:09 (permalink)
    of course snagging is illegal, and of course shooting an animal with a high powered rifle is legal. i was just posting to see what people would say. in my opinion i think it's an interesting comparison. whether legal or not, put the law to the side; which do you think is worse? this is the way that i should've worded it. i'm nopt a snagger but this concept just came to mind and i wanted to see what everyone thought. and for the PETA ploy, far from it dude. just a sarcastic phrase i typed.
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 6388
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 14:58:31 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dimebrite

of course snagging is illegal, and of course shooting an animal with a high powered rifle is legal. i was just posting to see what people would say. in my opinion i think it's an interesting comparison. whether legal or not, put the law to the side; which do you think is worse? this is the way that i should've worded it. i'm nopt a snagger but this concept just came to mind and i wanted to see what everyone thought. and for the PETA ploy, far from it dude. just a sarcastic phrase i typed.

Don't even want to respond to a non-thought process that would compare ethical hunting, to un-ethical snagging. I'll bite the bullet and laugh this one off..

BTW.. killed my quota of 6 cottontails today

"whats that smell like fish oh baby" .. J. Kaukonen
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 15:20:14 (permalink)
    just to elaborate a touch .. (IMO) not all hunting is ethical as is not all fishing but anyone who knows the term "Fair Chase" and plays by that knows the difference..
    post edited by hot tuna - 2010/10/03 15:21:06

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 18:11:36 (permalink)
    i'm glad i got a little response from you tuna... sometimes i see things different than others. just think of this... foul hooking a salmon; catching that salmon and then releasing it... now imagine aiming a rifle and pulling the trigger to kill an animal. to end a life... if there were an almighty judge of true ethics;leaving law and legalities aside; which do you think is better??? do you really think that my question or comparison is thoughtless tuna??? i think it's a pretty deep thought IMO... let's throw this one out there now; take the native americans for instance... they would spear net and hoard salmon all day long. it was actually common practice to kill the first early salmon that ran and not even eat them, but hang there heads and bodies on a pole for the fish gods to see which they believe brought them more fish. once the big runs came they would slaughter the fish... let me ask you this now; do you think the natives were unethical??? you can still think my words are thoughtless, but i don't. theres more depth to the subject than the words alone...
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3107
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 19:06:31 (permalink)
    When giving the Seals protection the environmentalists used the fact that a seal only eats one salmon a day therefore would have little impact on the entire population of fish, They forgot Seals are playful and will chase and bite many salmon each day resulting in the fishes death.
     In Nova Scotia years ago we would bemoan the greatly diminished Salmon stocks in the rivers and lakes and then go down to the river mouth and look out at all the seals waiting for the next run to play with.
      I hope you guys got this.

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 20:16:10 (permalink)
    Dawn emailed me and said there were Salmons in the basement after the deluge. Don't know if it was a joke or not. Also said the river has really changed due to the flood. And why arre you picking on the native americans? They needed those fish to survive. duh.

Lyrical
    metalslayer
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 689
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 20:21:11 (permalink)
    Dime---bring some of that GOOD chit ur smoking the next time ur up--I could use a lil time away from reality.

Steel on a pin---so easy a caveman can do it.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 20:22:38 (permalink)
    not picking on them at all. just using them as a reference. i hold a high respect for the ancient lost culture...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 20:26:47 (permalink)
    i guess i should stick to chatting with my philosopher and theologian friends,,, shame on me... hey metal i'll pm you...
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 20:30:31 (permalink)
    Are we talking religious beliefs ?? Are we talking taking wild life for the sole purpose of survival ?
    Or are we talking buying a sporting license ??
    Big difference.. don't confuse them..

If any sportsman with ethics intends to kill wildlife as sport (we in this day & age do these things as sport right ? ) they should do so with the purpose of a use for that wildlife.. meaning consume or donate as much of the quarry as possible for consumption.. Not just a trophy on a wall. I have no brown trout hanging on my walls , only pictures..

An ethical sportsman does not just kill for the purpose of killing..
    Be it catching a fish & playing to exhaustion and improper handling then feel all good about themselves as they release that fish .. only to die later..

Yes righ on, when that bullet or arrow hits it's mark the out come is usually the final end and I do so with the intent of consuming that animal.. We love wild game in my house
    While I can legally shoot 6 rabbits a day, I don't..

Let me pose this question... If you fish a C&R area and mortally wound the fish would you still release it ?

My answer... No.. I'll take the fine if imposed in good conscience..

When fishing , how much plant life or aquatic insects are destroyed while trampled under foot.. Don't eat living animals ? Please .. PETA loves you.. Lets be real..

I can no longer laugh.. sorry..

P.S.
    I'm a slow typer and already behind on the thread..
    Slayer: It is harvest time ya know

post edited by hot tuna - 2010/10/03 20:36:09

pafisher
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3000
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 20:34:01 (permalink)
    Hey dime,thanks for leaving that firewood for me as it's getting a little cool tonight,I wish you would n't nail it together next time.
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 21:11:34 (permalink)
    i'm not confusing them tuna... rather i am maybe considering all and trying to hear what maybe someone elses conclusion or thoughts are on the subject....obviouly not going over well but it was worth a try. i am not a peta guy and i actually don't even know what it stands for, i've just heard it as a reference people use in here; don't even care to know what it stands for or what it's about... i've been an outdoorsmen for most of my life. got my first shot gun when i was 8 years old and the same one i will hand down to my son. i have chosen not to hunt long ago for personal reasons, but have recently had thoughts of trying to pluck the 12-13 pointers that frequent my property. so please don't be confused. i just have a way of looking at the actual reality of things and why certain things are acceptable while others aren't; such as why shooting an animal dead is fine while snagging a fish with a line and hook isn't... if you really think hard enough, i have a good point... i prefer to have my fish hit the fly i tied on the rod i built, or however else i make them strike...

anyways... harvest time sounds good to me...
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 21:23:04 (permalink)
    "All knowledgeable hunters and or sportsmen know who PETA is...
    If not you must reside in a cave...

Know thy enemy.......

OldSalt
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 307
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 21:24:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: metalslayer

Dime---bring some of that GOOD chit ur smoking the next time ur up--I could use a lil time away from reality.

2nd that, it's been awhile .... LOL
    hot tuna
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 21:34:01 (permalink)
    If you choose not to participate in other "blood sports" such as trapping or hunting so be it..
    i dont think people can read a computer screen and learn what is ethical and what is not..
    Most people know the difference between what is right or wrong.. It's the path one chooses that decides.

Bro your gonna take a beating on this thread now renamed .. PETA Lovers.... LOL & just busting your stones..
    I'll leave this alone for awhile

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 21:44:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pafisher

Hey dime,thanks for leaving that firewood for me as it's getting a little cool tonight,I wish you would n't nail it together next time.

hey pa, that's some expensive firewood if you don't mind watching it for me. if you do need some wood to burn, feel free to grab a log or two next to the barn. they aren't nailed together...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 21:50:27 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: hot tuna

If you choose not to participate in other "blood sports" such as trapping or hunting so be it..
    i dont think people can read a computer screen and learn what is ethical and what is not..
    Most people know the difference between what is right or wrong.. It's the path one chooses that decides.

Bro your gonna take a beating on this thread now renamed .. PETA Lovers.... LOL & just busting your stones..
    I'll leave this alone for awhile

i can bare to be the but of the joke every now and then tuna, it's all part of the game. when am i going to find you on the water??? maybe november at the glide down to the joss in a morning or full day depending on the action. but honestly don't know what peta stands for, and don't care...and bing, save your breath because i'm never gonna resign...
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 22:06:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

"All knowledgeable hunters and or sportsmen know who PETA is...
    If not you must reside in a cave...

Know thy enemy.......

if you're so anti peta you might as well start snagging... and by the way, you completely misread my post. i am almost justifying snagging with my points that i stated. such an anti peta person should be proud of me. while i'm at it you stated before that snagging was illegal and that's why it's wrong, am i correct? so now let me ask you, is that a legal limit of cotton tails there??? oops, don't contradict yourself now... i thought you were a law abiding citizen who followed the legalities of the sport...go ahead and keep responding and posting your ignorant comments. while you're at it, why dont' you start ripping treble hooks through the trestle pool...
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 22:10:49 (permalink)
    In the words of the great Californian philosopher Rodney---"cant we all just get along"
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 22:27:34 (permalink)
    Did you lift the rabbits?
    retired guy
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 23:00:02 (permalink)
    (Last time tonight) Hey Dime =since we are talking archery here, may I suggest if your thinking of hunting again you might consider a bow. I have hunted deer bear and turkey with it almost exclusively for years -till I got older and started wondering about tree climbing as a hobby.. Might start it up again anyway .
    Nothing gets you closer with cleaner kills and a most rewarding experience -bar none. You wont get quite as much game but you seem to become much more selective in what you shoot and take a much greater hunting experience home with you wether you score or not.
    There is nothing like close encounters with quality game that you watched for hours and couldnt get that perfect broadside shot at close range. After a while the shot or kill is second by a long shot to the experience itself-
    But you gotta be hunting-not being in the game makes the game less meaningful.
    post edited by retired guy - 2010/10/03 23:06:32
    dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/03 23:24:22 (permalink)
    you got my number retired.... bow would definitely be my weapon of choice
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/04 06:17:43 (permalink)
    Go put your PETA shirt on and bust someone elses stones about that legal limit of poor dead bunnies...

I'm totally against the illegal art of snagging..
    Has nothing to do with my hate for Peta or it's followers...

Snagging is illegal..
    How can you even compare an illegal activity to a legal hunting experience ???

If you really want to compare the two at least the snaggers can practice C&R snagging, kinda tough to do that hunting , so comparing the 2 is a moot point....

As a sportsman mabee you should read up on PETA just a bit as they want to take away your fishing too. You hurt the fish and cause them pain dragging them out of the water with a chunck of sharp metal imbedded in their face....Matter fact they want to rename fish Sea Kittens for the sympathy effect.....
    post edited by bingsbaits - 2010/10/04 06:23:48

dimebrite
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/04 09:43:16 (permalink)
    bing, i am going to conclude with this... you started by busting my stones on me just trying to see what peoples opinions are... my statements i've made aren't my opinions, they are objective points... second how can you justify yourself with legalities??? you don't snag because it's ilegal, but you then justify yourself for taking an illegal limit of rabbits... where does your justice come from??? you contradict yourself left and right. maybe you should've stopped shooting once you had your legal limit. in the laws eyes (which is what you are justifying yourself with) you are just as bad as a snagger. i bet the fine and penalty is even larger for shooting more game than the legal limit. you're probably not going to be able to read through my words here just as you misunderstood my original postings... let's give it a rest on this one...
    bingsbaits
    Pro Angler
    RE: Links to pulaski and flooding 2010/10/04 12:39:48 (permalink)
    Where do you see me taking illegal number of rabbits ??

Can you not read and comprehend what it says...

#1. Those are not my rabbits...It is from Texas, when you read up on the hunting laws of Texas and comprehend them then come back to the discussion....

#2 What size PETA shirt do you wear ???

#3 You wanted opinions you got one what is your problem ??? Reading comprehension again??

#4 Bambi isn't so inocent she crapped in my yard and ate my garden, what did those poor salmon you snag do to you ??? And don't try and tell me you never foul hooked a fish....

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to: