Lead

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
genieman77
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2534
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 20:33:22 (permalink)
must I do your job for younz  kidz????

The authors of the report concluded that a better understanding of the toxicity and amount of lead poisoning in reptiles and aquatic birds related to fishing tackle is needed, as well as more information on the hazards of spent ammunition and mobilized lead at or near shooting ranges. In addition, the authors suggested that a more detailed knowledge of how lead shot and fishing tackle specifically affect wildlife here and in other countries is essential, as well as studies that evaluate the effects on wildlife health and ecosystems of regulations restricting the amount of lead ammunition and lead fishing tackle.

http://www.usgs.gov/newsroom/article.asp?ID=1972

..L.T.A.
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1058
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 20:37:36 (permalink)
ok genie, we get it...

our point:  nothing wrong yet, but could possibly be in the future, so let's do something about it now.

yours:  I am not going to pay a few more dollars to prevent something I'm not 100 percent sure will happen.  I want evidence.  Evidence, of course, relies on the fact that something has to of happened to be studied, which, going back to my earlier post, means it's already too late.

post edited by jimhalupka - 2010/09/06 20:41:59

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
spoonchucker
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8561
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 20:42:15 (permalink)
"we know Poison Ivy and Hemlock are toxic too.
do you advocate ridding the shore lines of them???"

No, but I WOULD advocate not planting them in & around playgrounds, and childcare centers.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 21:04:42 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jimhalupka

ok genie, we get it...

our point:  nothing wrong yet, but could possibly be in the future, so let's do something about it now.

yours:  I am not going to pay a few more dollars to prevent something I'm not 100 percent sure will happen.  I want evidence.  Evidence, of course, relies on the fact that something has to of happened to be studied, which, going back to my earlier post, means it's already too late.

i already told you has nothing to do with money on "my" part, son

your point; Why not do it?
it "feels" like the right thing to do

My point; you have no data to support your stance
You obviously have no clue of the VALID reasons why a ban "might" be appropriate in some areas, or you would of used them in our debate.
It took me all of 5 minutes to find them..and it's NOT about contaminating the water.
You continue to base your arguments on ignorance and "feelings" , not knowledge

My point duo;
get a fookin clue, Junior , cause when I'm "real" old and being spoon fed my strained peas, you appleknockers will be running the country.
I'd prefer you run it based on KNOWLEDGE and GOOD reasoning borne of credible research .
Not jumping on some "feel good" bandwagon without examining the details

..l.T.A.

jimhalupka
Pro Angler
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 21:06:50 (permalink)
I don't even have a response to that.

I know, a first right?

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
genieman77
Pro Angler
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 21:12:02 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: jimhalupka

I don't even have a response to that.

I know, a first right?

of coarse you don't.
cause it was a genieman knockout "right".. to the  chin...

are you seeing tweedy birds right now?
check their lead blood level for me, then

..l.T.A.
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
RE: Lead 2010/09/06 21:13:34 (permalink)
no... you basically reworded what I said about you, without the money part, that's all.

-Art Lee
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: