Last Clarion Trip ??

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/08/31 17:47:13 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Dream Catcher

This year has been really bad for smallmouth fishing on ALL waters I have fished .... Allegheny , Clarion , Tionesta CK , Elk CK , and Lake Erie ....

I think it may have alot to do with lack of rain fish staying in deeper waters of Lakes they run up the streams from and deeper holes in rivers ? Most fish I key on are in 6 or less feet of water so perhaps MY lack of adapting to the "new conditions" ...

I've done quite well on French Creek this year...as its been very similar to previous ones....the keythough is live bait. I ve cought a few smallies on rebelcraws but live bait is outfishing 10 to 1
kayak99
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 526
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/08/31 20:30:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: psu_fish

This year has been really bad for smallmouth fishing on ALL waters I have fished .... Allegheny , Clarion , Tionesta CK , Elk CK , and Lake Erie ....

I think it may have alot to do with lack of rain fish staying in deeper waters of Lakes they run up the streams from and deeper holes in rivers ? Most fish I key on are in 6 or less feet of water so perhaps MY lack of adapting to the "new conditions" ...

I've done quite well on French Creek this year...as its been very similar to previous ones....the keythough is live bait. I ve cought a few smallies on rebelcraws but live bait is outfishing 10 to 1

Having a camp on it I fish French Creek often, this year with very mixed results and I never use live bait. Some weekends I do very well, others I get skunked. Did a river trip a few weeks ago. First time ever on the river I caught nothing. That will change beginning this weekend for I will now try to catch some riffle minnows on the creek then stalk smallies with those!

Question, if you see this, I have #18 hooks with maggots for catching minnows but what hooks do you guys find best to use when rigging the live bait?
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/08/31 20:46:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: kayak99

ORIGINAL: psu_fish

Having a camp on it I fish French Creek often, this year with very mixed results and I never use live bait. Some weekends I do very well, others I get skunked. Did a river trip a few weeks ago. First time ever on the river I caught nothing. That will change beginning this weekend for I will now try to catch some riffle minnows on the creek then stalk smallies with those!

Question, if you see this, I have #18 hooks with maggots for catching minnows but what hooks do you guys find best to use when rigging the live bait?

pm sent
DaGman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 333
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/01 00:27:12 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Steel Junkie

270wbmag, If you don't have anything nice to say then keep your trap shut, if you dont like dr. trout then why even click on this thread! I dont shoot doe and dont even send for a tag but I dont get on peoples cases about it. I personally enjoy dr. trout's posts. Thanks for the update on the river doc.   

Ditto doc.....
fishenfool46
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 1000
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/01 16:39:37 (permalink)
these guys on here that think they are some kinda hunters lmao i am wondering why they aren't on the freaking outdoor channel? nymph i don't believe you that you NEVER used doe in rut lure.
but my beliefs don't really matter maybe you and 270 should have a hunting season together
hey film it i would love to see all this woodland knowledge you guys seem to have.lmao
post edited by fishenfool46 - 2010/09/01 16:40:23

I didn't say these are the ten suggestions
signed God
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 10:32:03 (permalink)
i got the knowledge , lets get back to Mr. "I will never post here again" 5/14/2010..there is a person who is pgc from head to toe, believes in HR and shooting all the does he can get tags for then it takes 6 weeks to scout for a poor doe...how does this make sense????....if deer are that scarce, why shoot a doe??? so IMO, he justs posts and hunts to make the pgc happy and does not really believe what to does, like shooting does where they are scarce to start with..Not trying to be unjust, this is what he posts..Yes, its a fact, can't stand the man for his beliefs..
D-nymph
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 6701
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 10:44:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: fishenfool46

these guys on here that think they are some kinda hunters lmao i am wondering why they aren't on the freaking outdoor channel? nymph i don't believe you that you NEVER used doe in rut lure.

I never have. 

I am also not a very good/dedicated hunter, never claimed any different.
Fisherlady2
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2196
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 10:51:08 (permalink)
Decided to dunk some crawlers this morning. Fished form 6:00am until 9;00am. Not very good this morning, water was too warm, it felt like bath water and after a few minutes the crawlers start to look like hell.
Managed one bullhead catfish, 5 Rock Bass, and maybe the nicest Smallmouth of the year.

Back to topic.... Doc, sorry to hear you didn't have as much luck as you would have liked this morning, but your fish count didn't sound to bad to me! LOL .... and sorrier yet to hear the fishing season on the river is coming to a close for you for the year! Hard to believe how fast the seasons pass sometimes.... You don't do much fishing after the water cools in the fall? Anyway, thanks for the post and good luck if you do get back out to fish some more.  Even if you don't I will look forward to your fishing posts next year!
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 10:56:27 (permalink)

lets get back to Mr. "I will never post here again" 5/14/2010..there is a person who is pgc from head to toe, believes in HR and shooting all the does he can get tags for then it takes 6 weeks to scout for a poor doe...how does this make sense????....if deer are that scarce, why shoot a doe??? so IMO, he justs posts and hunts to make the pgc happy and does not really believe what to does, like shooting does where they are scarce to start with..Not trying to be unjust, this is what he posts..Yes, its a fact, can't stand the man for his beliefs..

as for posting here.. so shoot me ... I changed my mind.. and when I do not post here you have nothing to reply to !!!!!

read the post about leaving I made that you and bing want to keep bringing up... see how many folks say to stay, or how many say they enjoy what I post.... that's what is posted here for this site or all to see... there are many E-mails of support and asking to return for "the other side" of some of the stories too.. so here I am... back again... deal with it !!!!

where have I ever posted deer are rare around here... you are such an ------

there are plenty of them... I have NEVER said differently...

I never fill all my tags... I only fill 2 a year .. so again you know not what you speak of.. and this year I have 4 tags FOR THIS AREA ..but will fill only 2 as usual....

"scouting"... to me scouting is finding or exploring new areas or different areas and "scouting (looking) to see what one sees.... notice I said nothing about scouting my backyard or the 2 sq miles here... I may go down there twice between now and rifle hunting season.. I know where the deer are back there.. I've hunted and or scouted there for over 40 years !!!!

And you are the one that wrote "scouting for does" not me.. I said deer....

I also said that by doing that it will give me info on other places to successful hunt around here.... I doubt I'll hunt any new places, why should I ?? I have a 100% success rate with the 2 or 3 sites I use now.... but I can tell others where they may go.. would you like me to tell you where you can go ??????

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/09/02 11:10:48
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 11:06:26 (permalink)
Fisherlady2..

I usually stop fishing the river at the middle of September with water temps and conditions this year I probably will not return there... I am planning on one more "for sure" fishing trip and that's another perch fishing boat ride.... just have to figure what is a good day weather wise.. last two trips up were busts..

and MAYBE a trip to check out this "steelhead fishing thing"

thanks for the reply...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/09/02 11:07:47
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1058
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 11:55:46 (permalink)
doc i think you should start your own magazine... I mean you have so many followers and so much support, why the heck not? 

i see you've already got your own clothing line out.. how much for a doc trout fleece pull-over?

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 12:30:00 (permalink)
doc i think you should start your own magazine... I mean you have so many followers and so much support, why the heck not?

i see you've already got your own clothing line out.. how much for a doc trout fleece pull-over?

I already have a web site and message board, that keeps me busy enough..

pull-over for you ??

a million bucks....

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/09/02 12:31:57
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 12:48:47 (permalink)
My mom will write the check... but no seriously, I have linked you in the facebook realm as one of my top five outdoor authors.  Your metaphorical capabilities are beyond the norm... takes me right to that rock on the clarion with you.

"Sure, we can assiduously three-quarter our wets downstream, mend and wait out each fly swing, over and over again, which to my way of thinking, anyway, relegates the angler to the role, not of nemesis as it should be, but of butler."

-Art Lee
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 12:55:40 (permalink)
again never claimed to be any kind of a writer.. English was not my favorite subject in school
(just a C student there) it was biology

every notice the dot,dot, dot, stuff....
I'm sure no expert writer like yourself would write like that.. it's just a style I wanted to use to make me different

anything constructive you can think of to write in this thread about ??

or are you only capable of the negative stuff ??
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/09/02 12:58:33
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 13:16:11 (permalink)
just negative... however, I am doing my research, surprise surprise, on online fishing forums for my ethnographic research methods class.  Shall be interesting.

Don't worry about (...)'s, it is only a forum after all.

-Art Lee
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 14:15:43 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

http://forums.fishusa.com/m_314425/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#314425

Not to point it out or anything but...

http://forums.fishusa.com/m_317545/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#317545

Silverkype said it best, those that need to say goodbye, always come back!

Which isn't a bad thing...
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 14:23:10 (permalink)
I never told the man to leave..

But I hold a man to his word, If you want me to believe anything you say then only speak the truth and quit back peddling..

If I had the time i would pull up all the times you have pulled this, 3-4 times since I have been on this board..Your an "Attention W h o r e", you need to come here. You whine like a little girl when people disagree with you and then cry and take your ball home (at least until you need some attention...

I again never said anything about you going away, I just remind you of what you have said...

A man is only as good as his word, be it good or bad...

Stick around and speak the truth and stand by "YOUR" word and you will not hear near the crap that you do....
post edited by bingsbaits - 2010/09/02 14:26:29

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 14:33:16 (permalink)
eyesandgillz..

Interesting I did not read that post, I rarely read any topic he starts..

but I see he too quit and then came back... many have over the years .. most just change their usernames though.. at least he and I kept the same username.. but only you reminded us of that THANKS !!!!!

so as bings just posted... I am not alone...

A man is only as good as his word, be it good or bad...
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:17:36 (permalink)
Way to ignore bing's spot-on post.
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:21:42 (permalink)
ahhh...just another day on "As the Fisherie World Turns!"  At least it gets me through a slow work day...

Can't wait for huntin' season and cooler weather so the river eyes start biting better...

jimhalupka
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:25:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: eyesandgillz

ORIGINAL: bingsbaits

http://forums.fishusa.com/m_314425/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#314425

Not to point it out or anything but...

http://forums.fishusa.com/m_317545/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#317545

Silverkype said it best, those that need to say goodbye, always come back!

Which isn't a bad thing...

lol I'm guilty as well, but I think the situations differ quite a bit, and I have my reasons for coming back... I missed being in conversation with some from here, and until I'm banned, which will surely be soon and should already have happened, I'll stick around. 

-Art Lee
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:27:27 (permalink)
I did not ignore it.. I replied that I am not alone !!!!!
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:30:59 (permalink)
So because someone else does it, that makes it okay? Like halupka said, he stated clearly that he left because things here weren't interesting to him anymore. You left (and insisted you were super-serious) because people kept giving you a rough time. Halupka's situation changed and he regained interest in posting, so he came back. Nothing changed about people giving you a rough time. So why are you posting when you said you wouldn't? Other than the attention wh o redom that bings suggested, there's not alot of other explanations.

jimhalupka
Pro Angler
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:32:58 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Cold

So because someone else does it, that makes it okay? Like halupka said, he stated clearly that he left because things here weren't interesting to him anymore. You left (and insisted you were super-serious) because people kept giving you a rough time. Halupka's situation changed and he regained interest in posting, so he came back. Nothing changed about people giving you a rough time. So why are you posting when you said you wouldn't? Other than the attention wh o redom that bings suggested, there's not alot of other explanations.

haha ding ding ding

-Art Lee
flynut
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 46
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 15:53:48 (permalink)
 pmp
rollcaster
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1091
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 16:18:31 (permalink)
I'm leavin too
Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 16:20:44 (permalink)
Take 'er easy.
Have a good weekend.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
rollcaster
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1091
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 16:20:44 (permalink)
Ok. I feel better. I'm back.
Pork
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1419
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 16:21:11 (permalink)
Dang, nevermind.

"If you ever get hit with a bucket of fish, be sure to close your eyes." ><)))*>
tull66
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1049
RE: Last Clarion Trip ?? 2010/09/02 16:56:17 (permalink)
This website has more drama than a teenage girls cell phone.  Do any of you guys get out in the outdoors? 
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to: