Locked3 rods for Pa.

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
accordbw
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 374
  • Reward points: 0
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:41:50 (permalink)
I do like the fact that was mentioned about maybe for the first month no 3rd rod on trout approved waters then a 3rd rod could be used after a certain date. That would be basically the same thing as fishing a big bass regulation lake. You have to follow set rules and its not a hard rule to recognize or add in.

I deal with certain companies and they do quite well in PA and are based here in PA.I saw this also has a good economic goal as well for the state. If they would charge a 3rd rod stamp fee then its money for there programs. Also with a 3rd rod rule those anglers participating would then need a 3rd rod,reel,line and all the tackle that goes with it. A single setup rod of mine costs around $950 and I would gladly buy another setup like this for a 3rd rod. The sales of such dealers in PA would also feel the change and have more sales as well. Then we talk about the bait which would also further sales for the state.

The thing is no matter how you fish there will always be someone breaking a law or doing something illegal and thats why there are fish commission officers in the field. I am sure tickets would go up as well meaning more money also. They want to catch people doing wrong because thats what they get payed to do. They don't get payed to socialize and have a good time.
mathteacherrob
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 27
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 20:42:11 (permalink)
I am all for the three rods except from the opening day of trout until memorial day. Although I don't trout fish, I do fish Erie and ice fish. If you can use tip ups on the ice which are spread out around you then the argument on the fish taking the hook too deep cause you can't get to your third pole doesn't hold water. I think that putting into the rules that the rods have to be within a 5 feet circle of each other would keep people from spreading their gear out too far. Word the rule something along the lines of all poles must be within a 5 foot circle or something along that line. I would be all for them making the rule for just out of a boat as a trial run. I would even be for the 3 pole stamp even though i think they are stamping us to death as it is.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 21:14:50 (permalink)
One other objection at the meeting I forgot to mention was from a guy who organizes Bass Fishing Tournaments... stating they opposed the three rod change..

I think much of today's misunderstanding is coming from folks unlike me. Who do not do a lot of shoreline fishing along rivers with limited access... a 5 foot limit for three rods would be great.. but not enforceable..

I have fished the Clarion River over 40 times this year and probably as many last year and NEVER saw a WCO....

Just how many folks would buy a 3 rod Stamp,(and I agree there are too MANY stamps ALREADY)
Your trout anglers won't buy one if they can not use 3 rods during the prime time for trout fishing.. I have never fished for steelies but I image they can not use 3 rods in that style fishing... guys without boats won't buy one if it's boats only... so, in general,that leaves the shore line anglers....

I "still fish" most of the time from shore or rocks with a tripod and two rods.. and if I am not really careful like many have mentioned here in other posts -- using a crawler and not setting the hook quickly could result in harming a fish that I could not keep legally ..

The same guys hammering me about my fishing style using crawlers and thus hooking fish in the guts..are now supporting a rule that could easily cause more injured fish with three rods.. INTERESTING !!! can we say hypocrite ???

IF that happens I cut the line but others I see just yank it out and toss the fish... I'd not see any real advantage in my style of fishing so I would not buy a 3 rod stamp...

It's a matter of pros versus cons...

get the new request ready and post it and I'll see if I can support all of it or any parts of it...

enforcing the law is going to be the BIGGEST OBSTACLE..... and the hottest discussions at the meeting I attended...

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/08/12 21:20:04
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4528
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 21:37:55 (permalink)
I'm not reelin' any of my 3 up.

I don't always snag fish, but when I do...
I choose Little Cleos

I'm the best looking smartest snagging poacher alive...
crawlerman2
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 146
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 21:46:21 (permalink)
I live in SC now and they allow unlimited poles in a boat but 2 on shore.  This would pretty much eliminate the problems of someone hogging up shore line but allow a guy in a boat to do what he wants.  I striper fish and will fish 8 rods when I'm out by myself, less if they are biting good.  I don't see how that could hurt anything if the fish limits stay the same, plus it's easy to enforce.  
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 22:19:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

Just stop posting here like you always say you're going to do when the entire site reminds you that nobody here likes you. We like it better when you don't post.

WOW "cold" you are the new spokesman for the ENTIRE SITE... or just those from the Clarion River Fishing picnic ???

Let's see if I get you and your "buddies" right... ???

Wow didn't know Cold "the man" was the spokesman for the Clarion Outing..Anybody else see him there...

How they doing after I and OTHERS quit posting there...???

Quite well thank you, you do realize this is a FISHING Site don't you ??

That's what happens when a few control what is posted.. they do not want to insult or disagree with each other so the forum goes dead.... anyone with a different opinion stops posting.. and just reads about a bunch of guys who all agree on a topic..

Had I not responded with the other side of this topic it too would be dead now, instead of a place for those controlling the board to throw insults rather than add to the discussion.

Thank you so much for saving us from ourselves......

Doc you do it to yourself..http://forums.fishusa.com/m_314425/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm#314425

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 22:30:50 (permalink)
Wow didn't know Cold "the man" was the spokesman for the Clarion Outing..Anybody else see him there...

duUD his the man, his everywhere and nowhere at the same time.

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 22:54:31 (permalink)
all im sayin...is that the members here realize that part of the community is the joking and ball busting that goes on, and that a truly mature person doesn't take that kind of stuff seriously...and that any thread you post in, you immediately take deep personal offense and change it from a good natured discussion into passive-aggressive self-pity. when you dont get pity from anyone else you throw a hissy fit and leave. then when you realize that you arent missed, you come back and cause another stir.

I know there's people here that don't like me. I'm perfectly okay with that. I like that. I've met a lot of these guys, and none of them have this personality flaw of taking any insult personally.

I stand by what i said earlier (gee, wish we had more of that around here) that you should do what you said you were going to do and stop posting here altogether and permanently. Anyone that wants to subject themselves to your rhetoric can go to your website, right?
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 23:00:54 (permalink)
Can I get smoked trout on that site?

I choose Little Cleos

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 23:04:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Mr.Slickfish

Can I get smoked trout on that site?

No.

But you CAN get rock dragged trout by the good doctor himself if you go stand on the thrid rock down from the old bridge and cast to the left.
bigtrout4x4
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 219
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/12 23:23:54 (permalink)
cold you hit the nail on the head   " you immediately take deep personal offense and change it from a good natured discussion into passive-aggressive self-pity" .  the insult of someone waking the sleeping jack**** or whatever i said was meant to be a yank on all your other threads from posted before, which by reading more than 95% of your posts--was correct!! other than my oppening spin on seeing you on here i have only taken little stabs and pricks at you!!  which by no means is any different from any other posts on here. also in one of my lasts posts i told you to be more of a voice "FOR" the fishing community instead of against all the good thoughts that were brought up in this thread, but all you said was get another request ready!! some good points were made, and i think the most valid argument that you could take to the meeting would be to make it legal for more than 2 tip-ups being used in ice fishing----just to start this off and see where it goes.   YOU HAVE TO START SOMEWHERE AND THAT IS A GOOD STARTING PLACE!!

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 08:58:24 (permalink)
Knowing our commissioners, if you bring up the tip-ups, next thing you know, you'll be down to two rods/tip-ups max on the ice! 

Doc, if you think fishing regs. are confusing in PA, you have no idea.  Try fishing saltwater states, especially along the gulf coast, where you must fish with circle hooks for reef fish, you only have a couple month season to target red snapper, you must have a dehooking device on board the boat and you must have an approved "fizzing" device on the boat when targeting red snapper.  Not to mention, you better make sure you have your federal reef fish permits and if you want to bring in that tuna you caught, better have that fed. permit as well.  That doesn't even get into all the differing regulations between state waters lengths and limits vs fed waters lengths and limits and the technicalities of where you "land" the fish and what limits apply.  If all my good redneck buddies and I can figure that out down in TX, I have faith that PA fisherman can figure it out and keep it straight for such a simple law.  And if they can't, a several month period of warning reminders rather than citations can surely get the point across.

As an ex erie troller, 3 rods per person would help immensely.  As a small lake troller, 3 rods would help a great deal.  As a soon to be catfisherman, 3 rods would be awesome.  Even as a panfisher fishing by myself, it would be nice to hang a rod over the side, throw one out with a float then cast a small spinner or mister twister to target the more active fish.

As far as the bass fisherman and tourney guys, they have all kinds of rules right now for their tournies and making the limit 2 rods wouldn't be a problem.  I don't often see a bass fisherman fishing more than one rod at a time, even though he may have a dozen different rods rigged differently laying on the deck.  What reason did this bass guy give for his objection?

Trout fishing a stream (including steelhead) I can see no use for a 2nd, much less a 3rd rod (unless you are on the wall at the nut and a rod limit could easily be put in place there).  As for the other pellethead pursuits on the trout stocked lakes, limit it to 2 until Memorial day.

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 09:18:34 (permalink)
if you think fishing regs. are confusing in PA, you have no idea. Try fishing saltwater states

+1

Trying to read up on just the stuff I need to know to fish in NC next weekend and it reminds me of studying for finals.
PaWolfman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 214
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 12:59:43 (permalink)
I don't have a problem with 3 rods even though I would not use 3 rods. I have no problem with the carp/cat fisherman or the boating community that is trolling having 3 rods. Also, is having 3 rods on a stream or lake that bad. I will leave out the steelhead fishing as I never had the pleasure to do it but except for maybe 4 or 6 days a year (first two or three weekends of trout season) there is not going to be a problem with shoreline room. I fish all the time and most of the time there is no one even close to me. I been to lakes and streams where I am the only person fishing. I don't think it is smart to say no to 3 rods because of 4 or 6 days a year it may be a problem. I sometimes only fish with one rod but most times I fish with 2 and that is perfect for me. But I am not going to say no to three rods because I don't see it being a problem.

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.-Thomas Jefferson
PaWolfman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 214
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 13:03:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: eyesandgillz

Doc, if you think fishing regs. are confusing in PA, you have no idea.  Try fishing saltwater states

very true

My reading of history convinces me that most bad government results from too much government.-Thomas Jefferson
sig220e
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 13:16:11 (permalink)
I think the reg. is worth looking into. However, i do think that with only a limited num,ber of officers (i think 3 full-time in Erie right?), it would be a bit more interesting regarding enforcement (but not that big of a deal).

Dr. Trout does have a point about cliques on here. So much so, that I created this username, while at the same time, keeping and utilizing a popular name that has been around for a very long time. I have been to the One-Flies" and the Oil Creek outings. Several of you have NO justification to look down your noses at anyone. Being two-faced, suck-Arses, and system abusers are the norm around here and no one is innocent of that.

Dr. Trout - stick to what you believe in.

See you folks at the One-Fly again this year. Figure it out yet?

Hint: the best place to hide something is sometimes right in plain sight.

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

JEB
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2248
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 13:43:39 (permalink)

Mtn Man, I always love your avitars ! She's cute....

Anyways, I too like the idea of 3 rods everywhere except approved trout water lakes and the Erie shore line. People would take up way too much shore line. Those guys at Trout run that fish from shore with their rod holders would use three for sure.
 In Beaver County we are loosing 2 of our 3 lakes that are stocked with trout for the 2011 season. The one remaining lake would be a much crazier circus than it already is if 3 rods were allowed.
I see no issues with allowing boats and other shore anglers to use three rods.
But it could be worse, not sure if the rule has changed or not, but last time I fished in Canada (Ontario), you were only allowed 1 rod per person.
As always just my $.02
Esox_Hunter
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2393
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 13:44:17 (permalink)
I really couldn't care less who you are, but since you bring up the notion of being 2-faced suck azzes...

Why create another name to pick your bones? Do you fear your self proclaimed "popular" name will be tarnished with its alter ego? If you believe in something, be a man and stand behind it. Thats much more respectable than hiding behind an alter ego.
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 13:44:40 (permalink)
I'd be happy to call you a jag to whatever screenname you like.

I've got one name....and I'm ugly, bald and toothless...I should be easy to spot.

I choose Little Cleos

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 14:56:26 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Esox_Hunter

I really couldn't care less who you are, but since you bring up the notion of being 2-faced suck azzes...

Why create another name to pick your bones? Do you fear your self proclaimed "popular" name will be tarnished with its alter ego? If you believe in something, be a man and stand behind it. Thats much more respectable than hiding behind an alter ego.

Esox nailed it.

I've only got one name on here because if someone is thin-skinned enough to get offended by what I say here, they're probably too thin-skinned to get along with me in person anyway. I'll tell someone they're being a moron in one post, then the next day tell them they're awesome. Bust someone's balls in the morning and make plans to go fishing later on in the afternoon. If a group of guys having the maturity to joke around, disagree, criticize, and still get along at the end of the day makes it a clique then I'm guilty as charged, but if you think there's some kind of secret society that targets and alienates specific users for no reason, then you have serious paranoia issues. Like I said, if someone here (anyone) is doing something I think is moronic, I'll tell em. Likewise, even if someone's typically a class-A jag, but makes a good point, I try to point that out too.

Even esox and I trade barbs pretty regularly...but we've also shared some tips and suggestions as well. Both of us realize its no big deal to rip on someone and then later to help em out. To me, that's alot more mature than assuming that someone has a vendetta against you because they said you were batsheet insane (if you think that, you probably ARE batsheet insane).

Anyone from this site that I've met in person will tell you I'm an okay dUUd (I think). Many of them that I've fished with on multiple occasions have also told me that I'm nothing like what they imagined from reading my posts. That said, until I meet someone, even if they manage not to be a horses **** even 10% of the time, I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. Still, like I said before, I don't expect everyone to like me. If everyone likes me, I'm doing something wrong.

At the end of the day though, I'm not the one who feels the need to have a fisherie secret identity.
Mr.Slickfish
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 15:27:51 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Cold

I don't expect everyone to like me.

I like you....Can I be in you club?

I choose Little Cleos

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 15:34:22 (permalink)

Like I said, if someone here (anyone) is doing something I think is moronic, I'll tell em. Likewise, even if someone's typically a class-A jag, but makes a good point, I try to point that out too.

Thanks, jack-hole! 
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 15:38:35 (permalink)
I have an urge to go throw tax rocks...

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 15:48:58 (permalink)

I'm not the one who feels the need to have a fisherie secret identity.

It's fun Cold truSt mee

I'll let you know what days I have off then next week on FB, so we can go throw tax rocks and give boaters dirty looks.
post edited by Mountian Man - 2010/08/13 15:50:39

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 16:35:33 (permalink)

Hahahaha! No.

I'll let you know what days I have off then next week on FB, so we can go throw tax rocks and give boaters dirty looks.

I thought that was what you did for a living...

e&g, what you did right there? That was moronic.
bulldog1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5203
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 16:44:28 (permalink)

if you think fishing regs. are confusing in PA, you have no idea. Try fishing saltwater states

+1

Trying to read up on just the stuff I need to know to fish in NC next weekend and it reminds me of studying for finals.

Buy the $10 license, keep your beach chair, umbrella and beer cooler above high tide mark. Lower your line just enough to catch the bikini hatch. You should be good...

Oh, and I'm all for 3 rods or more, specifically while trolling.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 16:57:06 (permalink)

Hahahaha! No.

I thought that was what you did for a living...

e&g, what you did right there? That was moronic.

That's what I used to do, but can I be in your club?

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 17:30:12 (permalink)
thanks, bulldog, but I'm fly fishing the intracoastal flats. I'm meeting part of the hatch halfway there, though.
sig220e
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 287
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 17:36:34 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Esox_Hunter

Relax...it was done in good nature and part of a wager between myself and another member on here (they even posted on this thread).  You know...goood natured bawls bustin'...the stuff you all do right?

Look for truth inwardly, not outwardly.

B. Lee

Good sense is the master of human life.

Cold
Pro Angler
RE: 3 rods for Pa. 2010/08/13 17:42:11 (permalink)
ghey
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to: