Not all locals have a brain

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ShutUpNFish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3834
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 17:05:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: fish guts

The problem i have seen is hogs who hog the fish.  I have seen a couple of guys who must be on welfare because they look like they do not own razors or soap.but they have cell phones and noodle rods.
The catch many many fish and let most loose with no care whatsoever they will not move and let anyone else fish they are usually three abreat and stay in the mouth of the creek for hours.

Poor sports let all have a chance to catch a few???????

Dude....early bird gets the first worm....if you want the spot, get up earlier and get to it first.  Otherwise, wait your turn and quit your whining!

steelheadfillet
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 298
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 18:44:28 (permalink)

The problem i have seen is hogs who hog the fish.  I have seen a couple of guys who must be on welfare because they look like they do not own razors or soap.but they have cell phones and noodle rods.
The catch many many fish and let most loose with no care whatsoever they will not move and let anyone else fish they are usually three abreat and stay in the mouth of the creek for hours.

Poor sports let all have a chance to catch a few???????

Because they payed the same for thier license as you did.
FisherChic
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 789
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 19:32:15 (permalink)
they must be on welfare because they choose not to shave?? wow.

SmMouthSeeker
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 541
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 20:25:06 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: papinner

I went for a ride today with my boys and there where a few guys fishing the mouth of this stream and then....

BAM

This yahoo goes walking way out into the water LIKE HE ALWAYS DOES!! And preceeds to cast over infront of these guys. Now I'm not a fan of guys flyfishing the lake nor am I trying to get into a debate about it either but in this case these guys were doing good and having fun so I say have at em. But when this moron walked out in the water their fishing died. I mean its not like the fly guys could cast a mile out in the lake like this spoonchunker was the wind was blowing every which way.When I left he was inching his way over to get right infront of these guys.

I just thought that I would share this with everyone because its not just the out of towners that dont always use there heads the locals do it to. I've seen this guy every year just about every time I go out all I can say is maybe someday he'll learn just cause you have chest waders you dont need to go out to YOUR CHEST!!
Also you dont even need waders to fish at the mouth the last couple times I got out the fish were all of about a foot of shore.

Those two guys must not have had a problem with him doing this. I'd like to think they would have said something to him about it if they did. We all have our comfort zones. Some are longer and some are smaller. My first thought when I saw the picture was maybe the two of them were talking to one another or maybe he asked permission to fish by these guys. You don't know. It didn't happen to you and it didn't happen to me. So don't worry about it.
spawnchucker
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 39
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 21:01:12 (permalink)
If you fish in popular spots amongst the typical diverse crowds loads of steelhead bring, sights like these are pretty common. PA rules (or lack there of) apply. Hell, that picture is a welcome party for at least another half dozen anglers in the coming days. Bad ettiquite is pretty common daily when the fish arrive, but truth be told, steelhead are relatively dumb and not as easily spooked as some here profess. Bet you might even catch a fish or two south of him. It's silly for a sight like this to ruin one's day.

Can't imagine what some of you guys think of float tubers.

Chucker
KISHWAA
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 899
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 22:13:57 (permalink)

I have seen a couple of guys who must be on welfare because they look like they do not own razors 

DUDE PLAYOFF BEARD

HOW YOU GETTIN HOME
Split Shot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 891
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 22:20:10 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: fish5000

It never ceases to amaze me how Pittsburghers , Russians, Amish and everybody except locals are blamed for poor ethics . Some people [locals ?] believe that locals have perfect sportmanlike behavior . The flaw in this thinking is obvious . Watch for the fireworks now , lol .

The guy who started the thread was a local talking about a local! Just say'n fish!

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
Stillhead
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1887
RE: Not all locals have a brain 2009/09/27 23:03:01 (permalink)

they look like they do not own razors or soap.but they have cell phones and noodle rods.

what's wrong with that?

I try to only shower once a week during steelhead season, and only use soap about every 3rd shower, this tends to keep people from crowding you.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: