big boy

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
CrossForkWookie
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 164
  • Reward points: 0
RE: big boy 2009/08/28 16:44:17 (permalink)
DPMS-

That buck didn't stand a chance!  What, with that glazed look in his eyes and an apple in his mouth like that.......you get'm with a .22 long rifle or what?

:)

Perch Inc.
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 707
RE: big boy 2009/09/02 03:48:46 (permalink)
WOW!!!!  Hope you get a chance to get a shot at HIM!!!!

Monster PERCH Rulz!!!
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
RE: big boy 2009/09/02 08:07:36 (permalink)
Saw another big one in the area, again.   Not as big as him but he's a no doubter.   It's not like someone else is finding these deer and telling me about them.   I've done the work and with this last one, there's no doubt, I'll be in there at some point. 

DD - I got a cam pic of the buck I shot last year.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
jlh42581
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1885
RE: big boy 2009/09/02 11:24:35 (permalink)
id tell him to lick my ass
Big Fathead
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 915
RE: big boy 2009/09/02 19:54:55 (permalink)
If you don't shoot it someone else will! If one of you get it you would be very fortunate. I've had many of deer I named prior to the season start play the dissappearing act! I would tell him you are going to hunt the public ground and he should get over it! I've lost a couple so called good friends over hunting season and don't regret it! It wasn't over a deer though. Good luck I hope you whack him!
16506fish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 433
RE: big boy 2009/09/03 21:27:45 (permalink)
velvet is off and they are maken scrapes down where im at! game on
270wbmag
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 347
RE: big boy 2009/09/06 13:33:32 (permalink)
aint your buddy silver, if  he was he would say, you saw it first, lets figure how one of us could get him, remember, HUNTING AND FISHING BRINGS THE BEST AND WORST OUT OF PEOPLE..public land, hunt it. i have a pic of one bigger than that one, once i get on photobucket, then what..can't figure it out..help me out, and show you a monster for big woods, or anywhere in this state..
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: big boy 2009/09/10 08:05:22 (permalink)
Go to photobucket and upload you pics.  Paste the [IMG] tags in the textbox.  You'll have to go to lowercase with the IMG.

This buck has been spending significant time on public land.   A friend saw him and 4 eight's together recently.  They'll be out of there once the akerns are cleaned up.  And there are a ton of red oak this year. 

Martin Shooter
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 106
RE: big boy 2009/09/16 21:08:26 (permalink)
Well if you want to know from a profiessional wifldilfe biologists standpoint, then I would either say A. lure him in with apples, or B. let him grow at least another 4 years. He's a baby. Small duuuud
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: big boy 2009/09/21 12:14:05 (permalink)
Hi Brandon.

Buddy has been walking his dog on all the public land in the area.   I even got a pic of him flipping my camera the bird.   Must be okay for him to hunt for bucks I tell him in new areas about but not okay for me to hunt bucks I find myself, in areas I've been before.   Sounds a bit strange, I know.  It is.   No point in even hunting that deer now.   This one's gonna get whacked by a vehicle.

duncsdad
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 515
RE: big boy 2009/09/21 14:44:17 (permalink)
Jon,

Why is there no point in hunting that deer now?

Is it because of the dog scent?

I had a doe in my yard Saturday morning and I think it was trying to drink water from the dog dish through the kennel fence.  Seiously.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
DanesDad
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3087
RE: big boy 2009/09/21 15:20:18 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SilverKype

Hi Brandon.

Buddy has been walking his dog on all the public land in the area.   I even got a pic of him flipping my camera the bird.   Must be okay for him to hunt for bucks I tell him in new areas about but not okay for me to hunt bucks I find myself, in areas I've been before.   Sounds a bit strange, I know.  It is.   No point in even hunting that deer now.   This one's gonna get whacked by a vehicle.

I'm not clear on your use of the term, "buddy". Or his his first name "Buddy"? Because I think you and I have radically different definitions of the word. Nobody I call a "buddy" would behave like this. If my buddy and I had a buck like this located, we would work together to get it. And I'd be happy if he got it, and I think he would be happy if I did.

Unless by "buddy" you mean guy you are civil with and seems like he likes you, but in reality he has no problem crapping all over you and is completely selfish and ignorant.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: big boy 2009/09/21 15:26:24 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: DanesDad

ORIGINAL: SilverKype

Hi Brandon.

I'm not clear on your use of the term, "buddy". Or his his first name "Buddy"? Because I think you and I have radically different definitions of the word. Nobody I call a "buddy" would behave like this. If my buddy and I had a buck like this located, we would work together to get it. And I'd be happy if he got it, and I think he would be happy if I did.

Unless by "buddy" you mean guy you are civil with and seems like he likes you, but in reality he has no problem crapping all over you and is completely selfish and ignorant.

I use that term because it's how I refered to him from the beginning.   He's not a "buddy" anymore. 

Yes, when a friend and I locate a deer, we hunt it together.  Not the case here..  IT'S HIS DEER OR NO ONES.  

DanesDad
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3087
RE: big boy 2009/09/21 15:49:20 (permalink)
So, you should have no problem whatsoever with hunting the deer on public land.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: big boy 2009/09/21 16:00:46 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: duncsdad

Jon,

Why is there no point in hunting that deer now?

Is it because of the dog scent?

I had a doe in my yard Saturday morning and I think it was trying to drink water from the dog dish through the kennel fence.  Seiously.

The deer is gone from public property Shawn, as far as I can tell.  A deer (probably young) willingly coming to water is much different than entering an old deers bedroom.  I am on to too many other decent bucks to waste my time waiting for a deer that will not come.  Another friend saw him 4 times in the past three months.  We were on to him.   All it takes is one retard to screw up a pattern of a buck of that age.  That is a CHANCE, he's over and far away by now but without a visual, I'm not wasting time.  The woods I hunt are too large for me to expect to get lucky.  I had the other buck in the pic. at 10 yards the other night.  At this point, he's still huntable.  Surely someone else will push him out of there before the opener.   I have one other thing to try, maybe for the opener, and that's about it.
post edited by SilverKype - 2009/09/21 16:02:37

duncsdad
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 515
RE: big boy 2009/09/22 07:42:44 (permalink)
I just wondered why you were passing on him.

The deer that was at the kennel was one of the biggest does I have ever seen.  That is why I found it so surprising.  Especially since there is natural water within a couple of hundred yards.

Good luck.

Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: big boy 2009/09/22 08:31:42 (permalink)
Here's a story Shawn, told by Gene Wensel, in talking to him about deer adaptibility.  It's written in some of his books as well.  My version probably sounds a little silly but you'll get my drift.

Keep in mind while reading it, deer (animals I guess) communicate by smell.   Think of their sight like our nose.   While we use our nose to recognize things, its our eyes that do most of the communicating and allow us to adapt to changes and make decisions.   not that you did't know that, but anyway..

There was a farmer after having dinner would come outside to work on his tractors every night.    There were always deer in the field by him.  Every so often, the deer would spook, and run into the woods.  The farmer couldn't figure it out... why the deer would stay most of the time, yet sometimes hightail it out of there.   What do you think it was ?

When the wind would blow to the deer from the farmer.. they were comfortable with the area because they recognized the smell of the farmer... every evening.  When it'd blow from deer to the farmer, they had no way to communicate what the movement was in the distance.. in turn, hightailing it out of there.  Just an example of adaptability.

Your example of a deer coming to water is probably an example of adaptabillity.  I'm sure the doe has been in the area for a while.  And I'm willing to bet, if you woulda checked the wind direction, it'd been blowin' right at her. 
post edited by SilverKype - 2009/09/22 08:32:46

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: