where to find.....

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
nitehawk
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 22
  • Reward points: 0
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/08 04:13:58 (permalink)
yeah i found that out that morning when i went to walmart at 7am, lol

unrelated subject...caught my first BIG carp tonight...  16.5lb (might not be accurate, was weighed by a cheapo hand held scale) and 34" long

Keystone lake has finally given me a fish worthy of bringing home to show off, lol.  I actually caught another monster tonight as well, got it up to the shore, but then my braid snapped from rubbing the end eyelet...i was SO ****ED about that...

now i know where to go when i wanna fish for big carp, and when...there had to have been at least 5 giant carp in the corner i was in all feeding because i kept hearing loud splashes near by.  had i known i was going to catch carp tonight, i would have brought my hair rigs and boilies, lol...
pacarper
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 463
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/08 09:18:47 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: nitehawk

unrelated subject...caught my first BIG carp tonight...  16.5lb (might not be accurate, was weighed by a cheapo hand held scale) and 34" long

Keystone lake has finally given me a fish worthy of bringing home to show off, lol.  I actually caught another monster tonight as well, got it up to the shore, but then my braid snapped from rubbing the end eyelet...i was SO ****ED about that...

now i know where to go when i wanna fish for big carp, and when...there had to have been at least 5 giant carp in the corner i was in all feeding because i kept hearing loud splashes near by.  had i known i was going to catch carp tonight, i would have brought my hair rigs and boilies, lol...

Nice.
That sounds to be about the right weight for a carp that long.
Sounds like it's time for a new rod, or at least a new tip guide.
If carp are actively feeding, no need for boilies or hair rigs.  Keep it simple, corn, bread, or possibly whatever natural bait they may be feeding on.
Keep on rippin' 'em.
nitehawk
New Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/08 09:44:40 (permalink)
well the odd thing, the one i landed was on a worm.........the other that got away was on chicken livers............talk about weird...

but yeah, where i was there had to have been a mess of monsters feeding, and this carp doesn't have the typical pot-belly and hunchback like i've seen on so many others, he's real slender and lean...
pacarper
Expert Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/08 16:52:55 (permalink)

well the odd thing, the one i landed was on a worm.........the other that got away was on chicken livers............talk about weird...

but yeah, where i was there had to have been a mess of monsters feeding, and this carp doesn't have the typical pot-belly and hunchback like i've seen on so many others, he's real slender and lean...

Stupid carp, someone should of told 'em they ain't catfish.  I catch my fair share of catfish on bread, corn, and boilies.  My biggest catfish came on a boilie, so...........................................
The leaner carp are likely males.  The fatsos, usually females.    Always exceptions tho.
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/08 19:23:27 (permalink)
Always exceptions tho.

Like Shawnee carp

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
pacarper
Expert Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/09 11:38:05 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Mountian Man

Always exceptions tho.

Like Shawnee carp

Yep, mostly skinny b*tches in there.
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/09 12:20:37 (permalink)
When I was a laborer i worked on a pipeline in Bedford.  I stayed at the Lincoln Motor court just up the hill from the Shawnee Park entrance on 30.  I asked them about fishing there, and all the locals told me that the lake had a spill in it or something and most of the fish were dead.  Apparently that is not true.......
carpin05
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 830
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/09 12:22:47 (permalink)
this carp doesn't have the typical pot-belly and hunchback like i've seen on so many others, he's real slender and lean...

Post spawn.....The spawn was real weird this year, in and out do to cool wether.... the big fish still are not hitting real good yet at sandy lake....
20# here and ther but they should start soon!!!!!!!!!
I seen some nice fish jumpin at indian lake last thursday but no takers,I got 5 the biggest about 10# and 4 nice turtles.....
I do see the possibility of a big fish I'LL BE BACK!!!!!  LOL
pacarper
Expert Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/09 12:44:11 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: tippecanoe

When I was a laborer i worked on a pipeline in Bedford.  I stayed at the Lincoln Motor court just up the hill from the Shawnee Park entrance on 30.  I asked them about fishing there, and all the locals told me that the lake had a spill in it or something and most of the fish were dead.  Apparently that is not true.......

They probably spilled some carp in.
nitehawk
New Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/09 23:42:10 (permalink)
Tomorrow night I'm heading back to keystone to find the one that got away.........I WANT MY SINKER AND SWIVEL BACK!

Tomorrow night is all about carp fishing for me...it's a personal vendetta now against that big'n that snapped my line.  Next time I'll remember not to try to drag it on shore like the last one...time to get a pair of waders i think...and a bigger cooler.

Crap...I'm out of rigs....I better make some more before I go tomorrow...I wish i had some plain shank hooks, all I have left are baitholders, which will work i suppose...I should really find some foam as well so i can convert some of my boilies into popups...

I'm definitely going to max out the legal limits of my gear this time...3 hooks per line, 2 lines per angler, I'm going to see if I can get someone else to come with me just so we can throw in 2 more lines...yeah, it's war now...
Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/10 00:02:07 (permalink)
Ok duud whatever helps you sleep at night or during the day............

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
rollcaster
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1091
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/10 04:12:15 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: nitehawk........I WANT MY SINKER AND SWIVEL BACK
Dont you put the sinker on then the swivel if so even if you did catch the fish that has the line and swivel you will still not get the sinker.

JUST SAYIN
pacarper
Expert Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/10 14:50:08 (permalink)

Tomorrow night I'm heading back to keystone to find the one that got away.........I WANT MY SINKER AND SWIVEL BACK!

Tomorrow night is all about carp fishing for me...it's a personal vendetta now against that big'n that snapped my line.  Next time I'll remember not to try to drag it on shore like the last one...time to get a pair of waders i think...and a bigger cooler.

Crap...I'm out of rigs....I better make some more before I go tomorrow...I wish i had some plain shank hooks, all I have left are baitholders, which will work i suppose...I should really find some foam as well so i can convert some of my boilies into popups...

I'm definitely going to max out the legal limits of my gear this time...3 hooks per line, 2 lines per angler, I'm going to see if I can get someone else to come with me just so we can throw in 2 more lines...yeah, it's war now...

Ahhh, swivels and sinkers don't cost much. 
Ya might want to get yourself a sizable landing net as well to help land 'em.
nitehawk
New Angler
RE: where to find..... 2009/07/10 16:05:54 (permalink)
actually, i put my sinker ON my swivel...  usually the line leading to the hook is at least 12", closer to 18"...

i dont use standard swivels, only locking ones that i can change rigs and such.  I put standard swivels on the ends of my carp rigs.

I'm exaturating about it being war...and about wanting my swivel and sinker back...i just wanna catch that fish again...
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: