Stupid general trout questions

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jimhalupka
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1058
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Stupid general trout questions 2009/05/29 21:42:17 (permalink)
hiclass,

to put an end to this idiotic argument, please tell me, are there wild, not native, trout in pa? If so, how did they get there?
hiclassHilbilly
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1052
RE: Stupid general trout questions 2009/05/29 23:05:13 (permalink)
Jim,

You and Cold are making a different argument than me. 

I am arguing why it is justifiable to pull trout out late in the season (especially since I dont support early season harvesting) and you two are arguing that there ARE fish late in the season.  Two different arguements.  Try to stay on point with the original topic. :)

"A Homewood man led police on an hourlong car chase that ended with a crash injuring three officers.

"The car was driving itself," Wright said. "The car has a GPS. It's a Lincoln Navigator. They drive themselves. I wasn't running nowhere."
goslow
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: Stupid general trout questions 2009/06/07 13:29:50 (permalink)
hiclass, please look at this sheet - http://www.fish.state.pa.us/trout_repro.htm - which contains a list of all waters in Pennsylvania which are known to the PFBC to support trout reproduction. Compare that list with the stocking list available on the PFBC website. You will see that fish other than Brook Trout are stocked in many waters in which Brook Trout reproduce (eg. Indian Creek, Loyalhanna, etc.)

"A wild trout stream section is a biological designation that does not determine how it is managed, therefore, these streams may also be stocked with hatchery trout by the Commission."
post edited by goslow - 2009/06/07 13:30:18
Cold
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 7358
RE: Stupid general trout questions 2009/06/07 14:26:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: hiclassHilbilly

Jim,

You and Cold are making a different argument than me. 

I am arguing why it is justifiable to pull trout out late in the season (especially since I dont support early season harvesting) and you two are arguing that there ARE fish late in the season.  Two different arguements.  Try to stay on point with the original topic. :)

Aha, I see, now that you're being proven wrong, NOW we're making a different argument than you...very smooth.

You'll also note that neither jim nor myself ever said that taking trout was wrong in any way, but that you were mistaken about your ideas as to WHY they NEEDED to be removed. You say that the streams cant support wild populations, we say there ARE wild populations. You say the fish leave the streams, we say they find cold water. You say they die, we say they move to where you arent seeing them. So now, instead of answering any of our points, you move on to new points and try to change the point of contention...all tactics you'll learn about in a debate class. Thing of it is...knowing the "proper" way to debate a point doesnt make you right.

Also, just in case you've forgotten...you STILL have yet to explain wild, non-native brook trout populations without contradicting yourself. Do that and we might still have something to discuss.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: