For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!!

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
mossy oak
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 883
  • Reward points: 0
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 10:50:02 (permalink)
Crip's Bro,

Thanks for stepping in and explaining that.  It would be hard for one of us to do without it sounding like we were flaming him.  The one thing some of these guys forgot with terry was that he was HUMAN.  And he could be one hell of a firecracker when he got a wild hair up his arse.  He was a good man tho, and many of us on here will miss him.  I believe you are right, also.  He is on a steelhead stream in heaven.  Knowing him he's rippin some lip too.

Guys, let's not jump all over Walcat now.  It still classifies as bickering.  Keep it positive and constructive.

MO 
Youghman
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 310
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 12:52:19 (permalink)
Well stated, mossy.

"Come'on people now, smile on ya' brother.
Everybody get together and love one another right now."

chasinrainbows
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 189
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 14:26:10 (permalink)
the past is the past, leave it that way. why must people keep bringing up the past? look into the future and learn from the mistakes from your past.
formerguide
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 198
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 14:50:48 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: walcat01

formerguide: I talked to Terry almost every day and I have just got to say this. You and another well known member on this board directly told Terry that he was just looking for sympathy. You have no idea of how bad this hurt him!!!! So you can say what you want but this is the truth and you all can sleep with that memory!!!! I will not discuss this any further but I just had to let the rest of the members know the truth. I really miss talking to Terry.

I'm terribly upset to read this post. I don't believe that I know you Walcat- if we do know each other, I would have expected  you to talk to me in person.
I will only address this once- I never, in any way, shape or form, ever said anything to Terry, or to anyone else in regards to him, that he was looking for sympathy. If you knew me, I am positive that you would never think that of me. As I said,Terry was, for me at least, oftentimes diificult. We cerainly didn't always see eye-to-eye, and several times over the years he would stop talking to me for months at a time. I was used to that, and did not bear him any ill will nor did I ever blame him for this. Once he thought that I was going to drown him- I knew that many times his medications affected his demeanor and his judgement.
Regardless, I did not know him as well as many of you did, and I was not as close to him as many of you were. I merely would like to do something nice in his memory and in his honor. You are certainly welcome to think what you want of me, and you're always welcome to contact me privately if you'd like to discuss anything. I will, however, urge you to be careful about making unfounded remarks about someone on this or any other public forum. Speaking with him everyday as you did, surely you should realize how easily words and actions could be misconstrued by him- again, certainly through no fault of his own; and I wish you might have thought about that prior to taking me to task for something that did not occur.
Anyway, enough of that; I'll have picture of the rod as soon as I get it finished. I look forward to receiving bids, and I think that the idea of having Terry's family present the check to the American Diabetes Foundation is a splendid one. To all of you who have generously offerd to donate items, thank you, and I will gladly include them in this auction. To reiterate, the winning bid, e-mailed to my gmail address, will receive the rod (and other items) upon the Yocum's receipt of a check in the winning amount made out to the American Diabetes Foundation (is this correct?) or other charitable cause to be decided. I think those of you who knew him well (Chasin Rainbows, Doc, and even Walcat) should decide that course.

God bless-
Dan
eslattea
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 23
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 16:09:27 (permalink)
good luck.
Split Shot
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 891
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 16:32:54 (permalink)
Man, It is nice to see that you guy's did not let this get out of hand. Which at first I thought it would. Very nice! Walcat, I am sure you thought that you were righting something that was wrong but, I'm sure you wish you would have kept it to yourself. Please just start over and hope everything can be forgotten by everyone. The way everyone is responding reminds me of how GREAT this board was years ago. BRIAN (crips brother) Thanks! for your post.

My Wife said, if I go fish'n one more time, she'll leave me! God, I'm going to miss her!
mossy oak
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 883
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 17:12:30 (permalink)
Mike,

Well stated.  Let's hope everyone can begin to adhere to this sentiment.

MO
chasinrainbows
Avid Angler
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/14 23:17:49 (permalink)
trash any thread but this one
dano
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2987
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/15 10:50:31 (permalink)
Dan,
That is a very nice thing you're doing. You're a good man. A gesture like this would surely make Terry's big heart "sing".

post edited by dano - 2007/07/15 15:55:10

Gone Fishing
formerguide
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 198
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/15 11:31:06 (permalink)
Thanks again to everyone contributing to this thread. I bear no one here any ill will- I'm far from perfect, and just wanted to help in some way honor Terry.

I will post an updated list of items shortly as soon as I get firm commitments as to what items, etc... I thought that, for example, with Commander's generous donation of a dozen lures, we could have that seperate, and maybe make the winning bid on that a check to the Yocum family, maybe another to the memorial supplies, etc... Several of you have generously e-mailed me other suggestions; I will try and get back to everyone as quickly as possible (I'm currently taking a break from painting my shutters...) Jack Gripp I will call you tonight.

One more thing- I am in no way trying to take credit, nor make anyone feel slighted, by taking the initiative in this. I understand that to some of you who were terrific friends to Terry might feel, I don't know, left out. That is not my intention. In fact, the more we can do, the more we honor him, and maybe the more good we can do. So to anyone else, if you have other ideas that you'd like to pursue, I say "great!" I would have just as happily tried to do this anonymously, but couldn't figure out how to do the bidding, plus I'm sure that people, prior to sending away a check to some charity, would like some assurance of whom they were dealing with.

Chasinrainbows, DOC, Mossy Oak, Walcat, whomever, please feel free to call me if you'd like to go over other ideas or just the proper logistics and means of hadling all of this. My initial thought is to have the winner send a check directly to Terry's family, made out to the Diabetes Foundation (or other) and upon them reciving the check, sending the rod (or other items) to the winner.

Again, bids can be sent to knicktoys@gmail.com

Specs on the rod are 10' 7wt 4pc Loomis IMX blank (this is the rod between the GL3, and the GLX. They continue to make the blanks, but not the rods.)
Fuji SIC stripper guides, TiCh snakes
Struble reel seat

Also, my wife (she is a seamstress) will be sewing a cool rod bag. I'll try and find a tube.

Tight lines guys-
Dan K.
chasinrainbows
Avid Angler
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/15 12:35:57 (permalink)
Dan,
if you need help with anything you can contact me over e-mail or on my cell
 quadracer_44@yahoo.com
       814 882 9183
flyfishindave
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 659
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/15 19:01:50 (permalink)
Brian thanks for stepping in & it is
great to see any bashing over &
Terry will be proud of all on the boards
carpin06
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 498
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/16 21:00:15 (permalink)
For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of YOU NO WHO.....
Romans 3:23 read the whole book...

TERRY SINGIN.....
mr.fisherman
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 169
RE: For Terry Yocum- All members- PLEASE READ!!! 2007/07/16 22:24:14 (permalink)
I talked with Terry all the time. During conversation I knew he got confused at times. Thats how he was. I did my best to point him in the right direction and tried to make sure he knew what happened or what was going on. Sometimes he would talk about things he didn't like said from some people and then get names confused and such. Again I would do my best to point him in the right direction. Sure, we had some common dislikes. But I didn't not like a person because he did, nor did he. Even after I got a nasty phone call from another board member for telling him about a certain place that would be good for him. But we are all human. We are all born, make friends and enemies, and some day we die. Its just best that we settle our demons before that last day, and he did. I never heard anything bad said about Dan from anyone. I know that not everyone understood Terry.   
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: