Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
Catching Chrome
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 177
  • Reward points: 0
2008/11/03 15:36:17 (permalink)

Blue Egg Sacks?

I am looking to buy some blue egg sacks for my Buddy Tippe-Toe. He loves to use sacks and when we were in Pulaski he was admiring this guys blue sacks, I wanted to suprise him with them. Does PR's have them?
Thanks in advance..

42 Replies Related Threads

Catching Chrome
    Avid Angler
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 15:44:21 (permalink)
    Good one Ana... He is a sack master like Justin.
    Ax
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 450
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 16:00:27 (permalink)
    Don't think PR carries them.

But when you go to Teasers you may be able to get some blue sacs.  I hear they specify in them.
    Loomis
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2674
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 17:18:51 (permalink)
    " But when you go to Teasers you may be able to get some blue sacs.  I hear they specify in them. "

"Partners" on East Lake Road has em too!
    captnkirk
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 274
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 17:43:51 (permalink)
    EEA has what looks like blue/purple sacks.
    TB
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 247
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 19:06:45 (permalink)
    I'm sure Tippy can tie an imitation and make up some name for it and say that he invented it and that it is awesome...

Or, i'm sure Heater could hand-craft a few for Tippy with hius sack-maker kit that he bought in '05!!!...:)
    griffon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 19:14:26 (permalink)
    You will not find those sacs in Erie.  Those are made with a recipe known as blue goo.  You might be able to locate it on the internet.  If memory serves me right, all of the blue goo sacs used to be made a lady in Pulaski, and she never gave out the recipe to my knowledge (it has been 12 years...), but rather sold them full time to the local bait shops.  Regardless, they are absolute poison and salmon and trout will not lay off of them...
    JEB
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2248
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 21:19:34 (permalink)
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2382
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 22:02:16 (permalink)

Sorry, I couldn't resist........

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    pghmarty
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 5951
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/03 22:55:15 (permalink)
    I had a set like that hanging from my trailer hitch 
    glen
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 920
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 11:21:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Catching Chrome

I am looking to buy some blue egg sacks for my Buddy Tippe-Toe. He loves to use sacks and when we were in Pulaski he was admiring this guys blue sacks, I wanted to suprise him with them. Does PR's have them?
    Thanks in advance..

just give him some blue mesh, i assume he ties his own. i never heard of anyone who fishs a lot who didn't. the sacks u buy suck. they might as well use rubber eggs
    griffon
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1104
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 14:54:26 (permalink)
    The ones he got in Pulaski have nothing to do with the blue mesh.  They are most likely blue goo, and all of the blue mesh in the world will not give the same results.  FYI,  the sack's you buy in Pulaski that are authentic blue goo do not suck and you would be hard pressed to tie as nice a sack yourself.  Sometimes people should really reserve their "professional opinions" until they actually know about what they speak of. 
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 15:16:49 (permalink)
    googled blue goo egg sacs and guess what came up ? Yankee Fly & Tackle.   so Griff, you're right again.  Dave
    NCBball
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 3
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 15:20:08 (permalink)
    was up in olcott this pass weekend and the slippery sinker there sells blue sacks
    steelstalker
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 102
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 17:20:26 (permalink)
    Yeah, there's a sign when you're driving up 13 toward Altmar. Something like "Home of the Blue Goo Egg Sack". I think it's like Pineville Archery and Tackle?
    Over the Hill
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2382
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 17:29:21 (permalink)
    try fat nancy's website to see if they'll ship them...

OVER THE HILL

Some people are like slinky's; not really good for anything, but, they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs...
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 4334
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 17:37:53 (permalink)
    Ok, not that there is anyting wrong with it, but I have never fished an egg sack in my life. Unlike the skein chucker that started this thread....

CC if you need sack refer to the monkey pic or ask Heater I think he still has some in his vest from the SR...

I have the right to remain silent.....I just don't have the ability
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 253
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 18:55:13 (permalink)
    I found a great recipe for curing skein and eggs forum i use too. I tried it this past weekend and it worked very well.. But i am going to keep trying it see if it keeps producing.  this is it.

The guy wouldn't give the exact measurements but told me it's close cause i guess he didn't know.

1. Get your eggs either brownie or steelhead or whatever you like to use. 

2 go to the store buy some borax 20 mule team and get yourself brown sugar kosher salt like pickling , get yourself jello gelatin dessert, Buy 3 boxes of the same kind if you have alot that you want to do.

Take eggs put in a tub of some sort i used a 5 gallon bucket. Take eggs rinse off really well make sure their is no blood of any kind on the skein or eggs. Get a strainer and strain the water of eggs or skein, skein you have to pat with a paper towel. To get off the excess water. Then this is how i did it.

take 3 parts borax 2 part brown sugar a part salt mix all together.

take eggs or skein put back in tub take whatever flavor of jello gelatin that you like dump it right on to the eggs or skein mix with hands for skein make sure to where rubber gloves, cause skein you have to kinda rub it in but be gental not to crush the eggs, leave it on for about half hour then take it out and get a  big plastic bag of some kind and stick your skein in the bag and shake, shake, shake, make sure it coated really well take out lay on wax paper for about 35 40 mins. and you have some really nice colored cured skein.

Now for single eggs same thing stick them in a bucket or tub and jello gelatin hint blueberry works very nice use 3 - 4 boxes and just a touch of water use a stirring stick or something to stir leave on for 2-3 hours make sure their coated very nice take out then tie in a blue or white mesh spawn bag. Then take the sacks then do the same thing as mentioned above for the skein shake,shake,shake,shake. make sure they are coated take them out get the access borax off them the brown sugar makes them sticky and caramelizes them. Stick in a gallon freezer bag stick in the fridge. Takes about 3 weeks and they eggs will start to milk all together and makes a nice blue glow. Trust me i just made some that i had already sitting around for a month or so and they worked really well this past weekend. So hope that help and the guy that gave that to me fishes NY all the time and kills them...................blue goo.......    Hint the brown sugar makes the goo.
    post edited by pin_drifter - 2008/11/04 19:01:02

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
    fishbreath
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 115
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 19:04:15 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: griffon

The ones he got in Pulaski have nothing to do with the blue mesh.  They are most likely blue goo, and all of the blue mesh in the world will not give the same results.  FYI,  the sack's you buy in Pulaski that are authentic blue goo do not suck and you would be hard pressed to tie as nice a sack yourself.  Sometimes people should really reserve their "professional opinions" until they actually know about what they speak of. 

Griffon, when GLEN makes his occasional post don't trash it, tattoo it on your arm. I stealhead maybe 100 days a year. I catch obscene numbers of fish, so many you'd just assume I'm a full of s#^t braggard. I'm the guy who when someone asks you how the fishing is and you reply "well we're doing OK, but some guy down there is kicking the snot out of them every drift"... that's me. I know who the really, really good fishermen are. GLEN is one of the best I've seen. When he says that store eggs are crap, he is right. Good hardcore steelheaders don't use store eggs, powerbait, or any of that kind of crap. They tie their own because when you learn how to do it right there's absolutely no comparison. GLEN's eggs are spectacular, guides who meet him try to pick his brain. Someday if I work at it I might catch as many fish as he does.
    spoonchucker
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 8561
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 19:34:06 (permalink)
    " But when you go to Teasers you may be able to get some blue sacs.  I hear they specify in them. "

"Partners" on East Lake Road has em too!

Tip them a little better, and they'll offer you a CURE for Blue Sac Syndrome. Of course you may need OTHER cures afterward.

Get Informed, Get Involved, And Make A Difference.

Step Up, or Step Aside

The next time you say "Somebody should do something", remember that YOU are somebody.

GL
    TB
    Avid Angler
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 20:02:26 (permalink)
    Tippy, Don't hate the sack...:)
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 20:03:58 (permalink)
    You should tell that to your wife and you wouldn't be here posting...

racinray
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 162
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 20:10:03 (permalink)
    Couple drops of blue food coloring mixed in with the eggs work well..Ray

la Fish Hog
    Deadbolt401
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 3029
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/04 22:25:30 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: tippy-toe

You should tell that to your wife and you wouldn't be here posting...

lol Your wild tip.
    Catching Chrome
    Avid Angler
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/05 12:28:32 (permalink)
    tippee is a clown, he told us for the last 3 months he was going with us this weekend and now he is bailing out on us. What a jacker, don't believe anything this dude says.
    TB
    Avid Angler
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/05 13:12:07 (permalink)
    Tippy is the new Scudbug - waiting until the last minute...
    tippy-toe
    Pro Angler
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/05 18:36:41 (permalink)

glen
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 920
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/05 19:48:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: pin_drifter

I found a great recipe for curing skein and eggs forum i use too. I tried it this past weekend and it worked very well.. But i am going to keep trying it see if it keeps producing.  this is it.

The guy wouldn't give the exact measurements but told me it's close cause i guess he didn't know.

1. Get your eggs either brownie or steelhead or whatever you like to use. 

2 go to the store buy some borax 20 mule team and get yourself brown sugar kosher salt like pickling , get yourself jello gelatin dessert, Buy 3 boxes of the same kind if you have alot that you want to do.

Take eggs put in a tub of some sort i used a 5 gallon bucket. Take eggs rinse off really well make sure their is no blood of any kind on the skein or eggs. Get a strainer and strain the water of eggs or skein, skein you have to pat with a paper towel. To get off the excess water. Then this is how i did it.

take 3 parts borax 2 part brown sugar a part salt mix all together.

take eggs or skein put back in tub take whatever flavor of jello gelatin that you like dump it right on to the eggs or skein mix with hands for skein make sure to where rubber gloves, cause skein you have to kinda rub it in but be gental not to crush the eggs, leave it on for about half hour then take it out and get a  big plastic bag of some kind and stick your skein in the bag and shake, shake, shake, make sure it coated really well take out lay on wax paper for about 35 40 mins. and you have some really nice colored cured skein.

Now for single eggs same thing stick them in a bucket or tub and jello gelatin hint blueberry works very nice use 3 - 4 boxes and just a touch of water use a stirring stick or something to stir leave on for 2-3 hours make sure their coated very nice take out then tie in a blue or white mesh spawn bag. Then take the sacks then do the same thing as mentioned above for the skein shake,shake,shake,shake. make sure they are coated take them out get the access borax off them the brown sugar makes them sticky and caramelizes them. Stick in a gallon freezer bag stick in the fridge. Takes about 3 weeks and they eggs will start to milk all together and makes a nice blue glow. Trust me i just made some that i had already sitting around for a month or so and they worked really well this past weekend. So hope that help and the guy that gave that to me fishes NY all the time and kills them...................blue goo.......    Hint the brown sugar makes the goo.

treated eggs suck, fresh, raw, untreated eggs will outfish treated 20 to 1,  thats all i use and i can fish untreated eggs that are 5 years old.
    bluegoo blueshmoo   i have posted on here how do handle eggs but nobody wants to listen, so do all your witchdoctor cures, i'll just go and hook fish   by the way, anyone who buys egg sacks is probably someone who needs a guide                          glen
    pin_drifter
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 253
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/05 21:42:01 (permalink)
    Lol at glen let me know when you want to go fish will put it to the test. I have fished eggs both ways i am not saying what i said is the best in the world by no means. Just saying i tried it and it worked very nice. I fished upper Elk on Sunday morning and out of 11 guys i was the only guy catching fish on sacks i treated. And not bragging by no means but i hooked up 15 before i seen one fish hooked. I don't know my friend what works for you might not work for some but i'll try anything once. Just my two cents shoot me a pm though be more than glad to meet up with you and share a drift.

Quit ****ing and take a kid fishing !!
    steelheaders#1
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 231
    RE: Blue Egg Sacks? 2008/11/05 23:07:55 (permalink)
        Just add some blue dye you use for coloring eggs,etc.   I just blue dye for salmon eggs and  caught many in clear water with them. Mike*s even use to black (seemed blue)ones called black diamond back in 70*s and when they stopped making them, I started making my own.
    post edited by steelheaders#1 - 2008/11/06 08:05:03
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to: