combat fishing the nut.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
oldbrowntrout
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
  • Reward points: 0
RE: combat fishing the nut. 2008/09/21 19:13:16 (permalink)
Just thought I would let all you humans know we have the same problems here in the fish world this time of the year too. We got the "downeers" and the "bigeyes" here in the "shallows" as we like to call it. Just when we get the hankerin for a little fun, if you all know what I mean, these guys gotta hang out in and around our beds. It gets to the point where its "tail fin to dorsal fin" and if you move the wrong way some scallie son of a carp has you yanked right out of your habitat and you have to fight like a laker to stay in the water. 
   There are those of us who will endure what  it takes and just head for what we call the "cool shallows of the shallows" where you have dilectable treats (unknown to the common scale) thrown at you right and left. If you don't watch yourself you can get lost in the chase for these above the waters seam. Then all of a sudden you roll a few times and there you are back again. If you don't watch these delectible delights, these shining showers of shrimp, these wonderful wants of the walleye can be addictive. Then it's like having a lamprey on your side or a mussel on your back. Yea, some have told stories mind you, of the ones who jumped toward the light never to return again and these were not small gills.... let... me ...tell... you ..... they  just couldn't control themselves any longer. it's scary just to think about what could have happened to them. None have come back to tell the story about where they were. Some just end up floatin belly-up hours later, the rest are gone forever. 
        But....... if you make it to the cool sandy holes later in the grand swim, man the steellettoes are swimming their stuff shaking their tails and are cool to cuddle. It's like pick a hole, any hole, and there is a henny penny just waiting for you.
       Oh well, eneogh of the stories and complaining.
     The thing is, if you really need it then put up with what it takes to get it, otherwise go with the flow of the waves and get thrown on a hot sunny beech with the rest of the oxygen eaters.
     Remember, if you want the rewards you have to swim the swims. You can't just wallow in the shallows. Hope to see you all for the big swim in a couple weeks. I hear that some have alrready gotten fed up with the "downeers" and the "bugeyes" and have made the early push for the cool shallows already. I wish them the best.
Later,
Old Brown Trout.
post edited by oldbrowntrout - 2008/09/21 19:30:04
earlysecond
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 212
RE: combat fishing the nut. 2008/09/21 19:23:06 (permalink)
WELL. . .this is going nowhere fast.  I apologize and therefore rescind my personal attempts at humor.

It was a Joke Willie- ALF.  If you are too young to remember ALF or too old to care, it might just be a generational problem that we have with this fine, previously humorous (as far as I was concerned), thread!

Peace,
Brent
oldbrowntrout
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 10
RE: combat fishing the nut. 2008/09/21 19:41:39 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: oldbrowntrout

Just thought I would let all you humans know we have the same problems here in the fish world this time of the year too. We got the "downeers" and the "bigeyes" here in the "shallows" as we like to call it. Just when we get the hankerin for a little fun, if you all know what I mean, these guys gotta hang out in and around our beds. It gets to the point where its "tail fin to dorsal fin" and if you move the wrong way some scallie son of a carp has you yanked right out of your habitat and you have to fight like a laker to stay in the water. 
  There are those of us who will endure what  it takes and just head for what we call the "cool shallows of the shallows" where you have dilectable treats (unknown to the common scale) thrown at you right and left. If you don't watch yourself you can get lost in the chase for these above the waters seam. Then all of a sudden you roll a few times and there you are back again. If you don't watch these delectible delights, these shining showers of shrimp, these wonderful wants of the walleye can be addictive. Then it's like having a lamprey on your side or a mussel on your back. Yea, some have told stories mind you, of the ones who jumped toward the light never to return again and these were not small gills.... let... me ...tell... you ..... they  just couldn't control themselves any longer. it's scary just to think about what could have happened to them. None have come back to tell the story about where they were. Some just end up floatin belly-up hours later, the rest are gone forever. 
       But....... if you make it to the cool sandy holes later in the grand swim, man the steellettoes are swimming their stuff shaking their tails and are cool to cuddle. It's like pick a hole, any hole, and there is a henny penny just waiting for you.
      Oh well, eneogh of the stories and complaining.
    The thing is, if you really need it then put up with what it takes to get it, otherwise go with the flow of the waves and get thrown on a hot sunny beech with the rest of the oxygen eaters.
    Remember, if you want the rewards you have to swim the swims. You can't just wallow in the shallows. Hope to see you all for the big swim in a couple weeks. I hear that some have alrready gotten fed up with the "downeers" and the "bugeyes" and have made the early push for the cool shallows already. I wish them the best.
Later,
Old Brown Trout.

Just having fun. Hope no other thin scaled specie takes offense.
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: