NEW LEGISLATION JUST INTRODUCED.

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
  • Reward points: 0
Re: NEW LEGISLATION JUST INTRODUCED. 2015/07/09 17:57:14 (permalink)
dpms

It's Bush's fault. 

Fixed it for ya 

Not too many years ago, there'd have been a 10+ page discussion about this in the OT forum

Anyhoo . . .

Like I said, I've not got a dog in this fight.  

dpms and others who feel strongly one way or the other, what are the pros and cons to limiting this to public land only?  i.e. - SGL, state forests/parks, national forests, etc?  Seems it would ease the concerns of a lot of landowners.  

I know one con would be that many would say there's already not enough deer on public lands, and this would only make it worse.  Other than that though, are there other issues keeping it from happening on public lands?  

dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3508
  • Reward points: 0
Re: NEW LEGISLATION JUST INTRODUCED. 2015/07/09 18:10:27 (permalink)
rsquared
dpms and others who feel strongly one way or the other, what are the pros and cons to limiting this to public land only?  i.e. - SGL, state forests/parks, national forests, etc?  Seems it would ease the concerns of a lot of landowners.  

I know one con would be that many would say there's already not enough deer on public lands, and this would only make it worse.  Other than that though, are there other issues keeping it from happening on public lands?  

Two big issues with public land only. 

First is there is tremendous pressure coming from hunters and politicians to increase the deer herd on public land. Many feel it is overhunted and overpressured and the same folks would feel SH would make it worse. Now, if deer were not on the table and SH would be implemented for small game, bear, etc.... that concern is greatly diminished. 

Second is the increased pressure from non hunters to have more access and/or opportunities for recreation on public lands. Many in that group feel that they should have a day free from hunting to enjoy their sports, even on hunter paid for SGLs. 

My opinion is legalizing for both public and private keep the hunting pressure spread between both as it is now. Trespassing on private lands occurs every day of the week already, as every other outdoor sport is legal seven days of the week. Hunting is the only one illegal. 

My rifle is a black rifle
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to: