Controlled Burn ===

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 13:25:53 (permalink)
why it is appropriate to question our Wildlife Professionals contrary to some who suggest we should just blindly follow their lead.

Once again we agree on something, we should do EXACTLY that = ask questions and learn, but we need an open mind in doing that,. you can not approach a subject to learn or question it if you already have an agenda or "closed" opinion.....

example.. If you think the area you hunt has good habitat no amount of reading or listening to someone else will change your mind.. it would take having an "expert" visit and tell you just what he/she sees... then you can decide if you think it is still so great...

we just choose different avenues to do it... while you what to use the interent and "articles" from anyone and anywhere to support you beliefs you do not seem to want to hear ANYTHING as fact or truth from the PGC for example, UNLESS of course it suits your agenda.. so yes they are right, correct and telling the truth when it agrees with your opinions and the opposite is true when they disagree with your opinions or agendas.

like some who state how the harvest figures are not accuraste (flawed) and mean little but then post about how many 1.5 year old bucks are killed using the PGC harvest figures ........surely you would not put much faith in that person as any expert or knowledgeable person...

I like to talk (communicate)one on one with folks I feel know what they are talking about...

deer biologist, wildlife biologist, foresters, deer farmers, people who work in the woods every day, people who can identify 1,000 plants and shrubs not just 15, people like RSB who have dealt first hand with wildlife subject for as long as many of us have enjoyed the subject..

I rely on the anglers and hunters (hundreds of them) in a year that talk to me at work,, they too are out there doing what it is we are talking about and all love so much.

outdoor writer, columnists, reporters.... while professionals and entertaining MOST are not experts in anything they write about but have good writing skills in my opinion... and many can present both sides of an isuue.. not alot but there are some..

I can watch a hundred videos, read a 1,000 message board threads, 500 articles or even 50 college or scientific study results... and get info and opinions.. and much would be decided on the presentation of that info... I have no control of it...

BUT ..go on a physical tour, wildlife trapping, adventure, seminar,etc and use my eyes, ears and brains while listen to an expert and I use both my thoughts, senses, etc and I get the added advantage of asking question..

you can't ask any question while reading what someone has written on a page or in a study...

That's why I like the one on ones.. and the physical seeing and believing or not believing...

I am reminded about a guy several years ago from this area that was complaining about no deer and blaming the PGC and yet the area was great habitat for der.. I guess he thought I was blowing smoke when I said I knew the exact area and could gain permission to check it out... well the following webpage and photos had him eating that "crow pie".. Have not seen or heard from him since on any boards complaining...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/05/23 13:32:56
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 16:27:11 (permalink)
BUT ..go on a physical tour, wildlife trapping, adventure, seminar,etc and use my eyes, ears and brains while listen to an expert and I use both my thoughts, senses, etc and I get the added advantage of asking question..

How many states have you hunted,for how many different species have you learned the habitats and food sources they need, how many species have you actually trapped, how many different crops have you planted , how many trees have you planted or fertlized, how far from your home area have you travelled to hunt on a regular basis, how many guns do you own, how many different types of fishing do you do, how much time do you average in the woods each day, how many hours per year do you spend actually hunting or trapping, how many hours a year do you actually spend scouting.

You have an outdoor website that relys on what info the PGC and DCNR feeds you because you have little or no practicial experience and have no choice but to cut and paste what you are given. Your posts over the years confirm that so it is not a put down but merely the truth. You do not stray from what the current PGC talking points are and your use of the current 300,000 deer kill as meaning something is a good example.

Just because you type long replys doesn't make them correct and the experts you have quoted have their oun agenda been proven wrong many times but you won't ever admit it.Get some hands on experience before lecturing those of us who have been there and done that, you may learn when you are being BS'ed. It is what it is.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 20:36:09 (permalink)
I never lecture anyone .. just express my opinions as you do.. what does how many guns I have have to do with anything.. Don't think I am very active in gun discussions.

Why would I have to plant trees to be able to ID them or know what is and is not good deer habitat.. If I planted a billion trees would it make me an better at ANYTHING ???? maybe it would qualify me to teach someone how to plant a tree but other than that I see no importance in how many trees a person plants...

Why would I travel from my core area if I am happy hunting and fishing here ??? Are the trout different in Huntington county ??? the deer bigger or easier to kill in Clinton county. any other states I would be more successful in ???

I hunt and fish because I LOVE TO DO IT.. I'm not out to impress anyone or prove anything to others other than it does not require alot of travel, money spent, or time to enjoy either sport...

and as for my website.. it is what it is...and it gets enough traffic to keep me and the visitors/members happy... and that's my reason and goal for doing it for over 10 years now ... there are bigger ones and smaller ones... and many at my place have been there since the beginning.. it's like a big happy family... and that's the way I like it ---just since April my little site has had visitors from 73 different Pa Cities.. 48 different cities in the USA and 10 locations outisde the USA... and in the past 24 hours about 125 visitors...
so someone like visiting there

My website has pages on fishing, hunting, photos, bear trapping trip, turkey trapping trips, habitat tours, habitat lectures, fishing trips, a page about fishing the clarion river, my fishing journal for years, my hunting journals for years, etc, etc..

and that's far from just
info the PGC and DCNR feeds you because you have little or no practical experience

The stuff I post from them is USUALLY in answer to questions arising from discussions on the board.. and I am one of a very few that can and does do that on a message board.. but that has to do with trust...

maybe you should join in.. oh wait you can't --- you got banned

so I smell sour grapes..

I am glad you keep giving the site attention here though.. my visitors always increase after you direct people to the site to see for themselves... THANKS !!

post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/05/23 20:50:24
retired guy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3107
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 21:23:22 (permalink)
Doc-
  Got on your website tonight like it a lot- you mention it from time to time and had to try it out- Love that Web Cam- two coon on it were great.
  As  a guy who has hunted and fished a lot of States and Canada over the years I ALWAYS refer to local knowledge. Do at least two places a year. No info source  beats a guy who knows his own backyard and is willing to share it with ya.
   That being said its kinda nice to travel and see how its done in other places, scoring is another thing altogether but the memories are great. After all is said and done when they start throwin dirt on ya the only thing ya get to keep is your memories.
post edited by retired guy - 2011/05/23 21:30:56
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 21:23:37 (permalink)
This guy has never hunted outside of Jefferson

got any money to back up your mouth on that one ????

what about other states want to bet on that too ????

wonder why no one is there

how many visit your site each day ??? oh wait -- I can't even find it
on the other hand- "Dr Trout" in the google search engine will show I am #1..there

as I just stated 131 locations in the last month and 125 people in last 24 hours.. that's hardly no one... the site is design to share information with like minded people.. not a place for insults and bashing and tring to see how far you can push the moderators...

but thanks again for mentioning the place..!!!

probably had 30 visits in the past 1/2 hour thanks to you guys.....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/05/23 21:25:51
S-10
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5185
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 21:25:52 (permalink)
ask questions and learn, but we need an open mind in doing that,. you can not approach a subject to learn or question it if you already have an agenda or "closed" opinion.....

Again you lecture us on keeping an open mind and then refuse to read Evelands rebuttal to the PGC. What's the matter, are you afraid you might learn they are not all you claim them to be.
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 21:43:27 (permalink)
I am not banned from any message board and am welcome and recognized on most of them.. I am more than capable of visiting and posting on any and all of them... one of the things I like about my board is that I do not have to spend the time that ironhead does "policing" the actions of members...

let's see..

hunted ==
Allegheny, Butler, Jefferson, Elk, and Forest counties in my life time before moving here...

hunted ==
Pa, Texas, Alabama, and Delaware while in the Air Force

happy now ?????

why don't you stay there and promote your BS there

I've been here since 2002... LONG BEFORE YOU GUYS.. and huntingpa.com since it started... I do not have to promote my site.. you guys do it for me.. I just post my thoughts where i feel like it.. ...

and anyone that has followed me over the years knows the real truth is I do not support everything the PGC does ... but here on this site the PGC deer plan is the only thing talked about in the hunting sections.... and I do agree with most of that plan..
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/05/23 21:49:38
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 21:56:07 (permalink)
whatever..........
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 22:07:23 (permalink)
Just don't ask where the Tailwaters are or you will get the boot.

Must be a secret or something...

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/23 22:27:50 (permalink)
Bings ya won't accept PMs now .... ??

oh well ====

I already explained that was a mistake on my part... I thought you were someone else from this site that was trying to get my site shut down by posting illegal things on it at the same time and you just happened to join at that very same time...

and that's with me assuming you were not a part of the plot to get it shut down...
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2011/05/23 22:30:41
bingsbaits
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 5026
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/24 06:25:01 (permalink)
Didn't you see my smileys Doc....

"There is a pleasure in Angling that no one knows but the Angler himself". WB

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: Controlled Burn === 2011/05/24 08:16:44 (permalink)
yeah but I did not want any visitors getting the wrong idea so I tried to PM you about it and you have your profile closed...
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to: