License checks

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
gary3414
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 70
  • Reward points: 0
RE: License checks 2010/11/12 08:23:40 (permalink)
I have been checked while goose hunting. We could hear the geese coming the WCO got in the blind with us to not mess up our shooting. I have been checked in the woods while rifle hunting. The WCO got there and watched and talked to me as I gutted the doe he pushed in front of me. Then asked if I needed help dragging it out. The same WCO checked me in the woods when I had my 13 year old daughter with me. I was a little to far from her at the time. He understood the situation when I said I needed a pee break. I had a DWCO that would wait at my car because he knew it. He would be there every time that my 12 year old son and I came out of the woods. After the first time of checking our licenses and guns all he would ask and not check is are your guns unloaded. He was more interested in talking with my son and telling me where to take him to find pheasant or squirells. He offered to get us permission to hunt turkey on posted private property that he knew the owner of. I can understand the frustration an archer has they should not be at your stand. On the other hand what if they know that someone poaches in that area or that other illegal activities are happening in that area. Do you want them sitting in the parking lot hoping to catch them or in the woods trying to catch them?
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1849
RE: License checks 2010/11/12 09:43:42 (permalink)
There are WCO's that do good. Unfortunately the bad ones are the ones that stick in your mind and give negative feelings toward the PGC. Some of these wco's and deputies are out of control and change need to be made.
gary3414
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 70
RE: License checks 2010/11/12 14:01:41 (permalink)
He caught you breaking one law. Why shouldn't he think that is the only law that you disobey
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4417
RE: License checks 2010/11/12 20:50:36 (permalink)
I love the way a person gets busted (fined or caught breaking the law) and then blames the WCO....

90% of the folks I know that bad mouth the WCOs have been busted at least once and expect that they should be exempt from being questioned or check again...

as for this
He always has this authoratative attitude and demeanor about him

after the killing of WCO Grove last night I look for this to be the #1 priority from now on.. it was 1915 the last time a WCO was killed in the line of duty..

again I say... they're just deer how can anyone take them that serious ?????

I'll tell you what == I surely hope I do not get approached now.... just like when any LEO gets killed in the line of duty it puts them all on high alert...

My thoughts and prayer go out to WCO Grove's family and friends..

This just proves to me why I never post and "bad" stories about WCOs or any LEO... some crazy out there will read them and may just end up doing something crazy like this because they have read about how they all are "bad" and need to leave law-breakers alone...

sad day for sportsmen in this state.
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 12:49:19 (permalink)
I encourage all that have a problem with the PGC to contact your local state rep and explain your problem. Many WCO's think they are SUPERMAN !
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 14:11:48 (permalink)
and most are hard working, devoted individuals (just like the one who gave his life) who's job it is to protect and manage the wildlife in our state.
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/11/15 14:12:47
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 15:10:21 (permalink)
read this :

http://forum.pafoa.org/671415-post-123.html

here is the money quote from a WCO:

“When Officer Bimber was asked about being instructed in many other cases of his illegal actions, he stated that, ‘I don’t always agree with judges’ and attorneys’ interpretation of the law.’

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 16:05:11 (permalink)
He could of easily called the police but choose not to. Another prime example of a WCO out of control.
ORIGINAL: psu_fish‘I don’t always agree with judges’ Typical thought of many WCO's and more typical of many deputies. Is Bimber still employed by the PGC? He shouldn't be. This madness has to stop.

read this :

http://forum.pafoa.org/671415-post-123.html

here is the money quote from a WCO:

“When Officer Bimber was asked about being instructed in many other cases of his illegal actions, he stated that, ‘I don’t always agree with judges’ and attorneys’ interpretation of the law.’

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 16:06:32 (permalink)
Some are many are not.
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

and most are hard working, devoted individuals (just like the one who gave his life) who's job it is to protect and manage the wildlife in our state.

Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 16:09:37 (permalink)
You think this only happens to WCO's? Wake up DOCTOR !
ORIGINAL: Dr. Trout

I love the way a person gets busted (fined or caught breaking the law) and then blames the WCO....

90% of the folks I know that bad mouth the WCOs have been busted at least once and expect that they should be exempt from being questioned or check again...

as for this
He always has this authoratative attitude and demeanor about him

after the killing of WCO Grove last night I look for this to be the #1 priority from now on.. it was 1915 the last time a WCO was killed in the line of duty..

again I say... they're just deer how can anyone take them that serious ?????

I'll tell you what == I surely hope I do not get approached now.... just like when any LEO gets killed in the line of duty it puts them all on high alert...

My thoughts and prayer go out to WCO Grove's family and friends..

This just proves to me why I never post and "bad" stories about WCOs or any LEO... some crazy out there will read them and may just end up doing something crazy like this because they have read about how they all are "bad" and need to leave law-breakers alone...

sad day for sportsmen in this state.

Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 17:34:47 (permalink)
You think this only happens to WCO's? Wake up DOCTOR !

NO I am not STUPID... I realize many LEO risk their lives everyday in the fulfilling of their duties to serve and protect...

However, that said, my mind tells me it takes a certain "different" type of person that risk their lives in protecting wildlife (animals)...

Getting killed protecting a business, family, love one, your country, or other human lives is not quite the same as losing a life enforcing laws to protect wild animals... but then again it's probably just me, you may see it as the same thing ??????
Dr. Trout
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 17:46:18 (permalink)
As for officer Bimber, I have NEVER defended any of his questionable actions (and there are others), in fact I think they (WCOs) should not be invovled in any "police action".. they should only be involved in game code violations.. not any other laws...

I'll say I tend to agree he is one of the "bad apples"(IMO) and just as the judge said sooner or later he will lose his badge and job for his careless actions .. what SCARES THE HELL OUT ME ... his wife is in the current class to become a WCO in the state....
post edited by Dr. Trout - 2010/11/15 17:47:28
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 18:07:06 (permalink)
good maybe they will get out of Clarion Co
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/15 19:45:24 (permalink)
I don't know. I know of one that was bad news and was run out of a county. He set up residence in another county and his kid was arrested a few years back for poaching. His kid is now also in the PGC. This is just wrong. It is also wrong that Bimber is still employed by the PGC. Probably wanting to collect a fat pension that we pay for.
ready2fish
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 787
RE: License checks 2010/11/16 16:21:13 (permalink)
Seriously, a son of a WCO was "arrested for poaching" and the very same one is now in the PGC as a WCO?

For some reason, I highly doubt that would be possible.

Kistler Custom Rods Pro Staff
GAMMA Fishing Lines Pro Staff
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/16 16:35:32 (permalink)
Yes this is very true.It is the son of a deputy not a WCO but there is not much difference. The son was arrested for poaching is now also a deputy. The PGC only requires a person to wait 2 years after a violation before applying to become a deputy. I often questioned this as well but the commission told me nothing stops them after a 2 year wait. A convicted felon can not apply for a deputy position but some one who has violated the PA Game law can.
ORIGINAL: ready2fish

Seriously, a son of a WCO was "arrested for poaching" and the very same one is now in the PGC as a WCO?

For some reason, I highly doubt that would be possible.

kristmas725
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 33
RE: License checks 2010/11/24 22:37:06 (permalink)
I too have had some annoying checks that should have waited... friends of mine & i were waterfowl huntin on game lands & were always checked, no big deal... except for when they get out & hear the geese carrying on just b4 they fly off but yet still insist on coming right out to us... wat happens? it causes the geese to fly the other way... Nice warden & everything but seems as tho he leaves his common sense at home tho. although there are times that its the same 2 or 3 ppl that r there & he recognizes us from a distance he just pulls in the parkin lot sees who we are & leaves never takin his vehicle out of park... thats very convinient wen we have a good morning of birds flying it doesnt ruin the hunting for us.

another incident, i was at fault here but accidentally. i was 16 & was archery hunting during the over lap of fall turkey about 30 mins b4 dark wen i heard a "deer" comin down the right away i was on... it finally hit the clearing were i expected it to appear when it turns out it was 2 game wardens. i knew theyd want to check me so i proceded to get outa the stand when they told me just wait u still half 30 mins to legally hunt. i thot well kool... 30 mins later its pitch black my dad & uncle were comin to get me since i didnt know the woods very well, especially in the dark, & the same time t he wardens came back & proceded to check my license & asked if i had my orange hat... " o crap i knew i was forgetting something" & they both had an arrogance about them... my dad asked "well he'll just get a warning wont he?" & theyre exact words were "nope we dont give warnings!" this is the first time ive ever had a run in with the game commision good or bad. they wrote me up & my summons to go to the magistrate showed up a week later... $135 fine! thats the most expensive orange hat ive ever paid for! about six months later, the next time i talked to a warden, i asked him about the orange requirements for them and it turns out that they have to follow the same orange requirements that we hunters do... wat were the 2 that busted me wearing? theyre green uniforms. no orange hat, no orange vest, nothing! the gave me a fine for a law they were violating too! but it was all said and done and i couldnt do anything about it at this point...
Outdoor Adventures
Pro Angler
RE: License checks 2010/11/24 22:58:41 (permalink)
I know exactly what you mean. People wonder why they are so disliked.Always get names and take pics if you can. Never be satisfied by the magistrates decision. Most WCO's know the magistrates well. Take it to county court. Send me a PM and tell me what county this took place in. It sounds like a story that has been repeated many times. They must obey the laws.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: