Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
SilverKype
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3842
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 08:04:07 (permalink)
I agree Palone's statement of PA hunter crybabies shouldn't have ever come from her mouth in that position. I also can't disagree some places still have to many tags. Yet, I can show you areas of 40 dpsm on public land. Partially, the pgc should ignor hunter requests .. is it their mission to manage deer FOR hunter satification ? I know some of yinz think it is, but you're wrong. Doesn't matter if hunters foot the bill. Perhaps in the future the pgc will use other means to manage deer numbers for ALL residents by other means other than hunters ? Gonacon ? While expensive .. not impossible. Then what ? Maybe their future survival is based on gas leases and Gonacon ? Where's that leave you Wayne ? Careful what you wish for.

My reports and advice are for everyone to enjoy, not just the paying customers.
tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 08:57:38 (permalink)
Wow MM, that is terrible.  Sounds like they need to close season for a couple of years.  What WMA/county was that in?  That is some serious B.S. 

How many of you guys who hunt these areas with so few deer would still shoot a doe?

Do you think that "No Doe Hunting" posters need to be put back up?  That might take a little of the control away from the tag issuers hands.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 09:15:11 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: tippecanoe

How many of you guys who hunt these areas with so few deer would still shoot a doe?

ah ha !

Didn't MM shoot four (4) PA deer last year ?? ..or was it the year before.

Don't make me go find it Musky !

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3032
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 10:11:32 (permalink)
SK....Here is the rest of the story. My dad and brother hunted the rest of the week. some standing some still hunting and very slow push through the rough stuff. It was friday before my brother saw a deer, hunting daylight to dark. I can count on one hand the number of shots I heard the first day. There were hunters in the woods, but not any that should have interfered in the areas we were hunting.

Any other side of the story you would like to hear. Other than the fantastic habitat that existed before HR and continues to exist in the area?

Better too far back, than too far forward.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 10:29:53 (permalink)
I'm not discounting there are way less deer, MM. No one is. But to complain about deer numbers yet shoot four in one year.... wow.

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 11:05:24 (permalink)
I shot 1 count them ONE buck in PA last year.....Go find some place where it says different.

I have not shot a doe in PA in 8 years, nor has anyone out of our camp.

4 years ago we let my daughter, then 12, shoot a doe there. The following year she said she didn't want to shoot one there.

I will admit, I was part of the problem in the early 1990's I shot a LOT of does in pa. But as I realized what was happening in the late 1990's I quit shooting them.

I now shoot all my meat in WVA, where I saw 50+ deer on the first day of rifle on public land.

SK, go find where I said I shot 4 in PA last year. Give you $100 if you can find it.

Tippe, that was in WMU 2F between kane and bradford, ANF and private land open to the public.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 11:33:31 (permalink)
The search function won't allow numbers... only strings. I was quick to find posts you used "four" -- 8 times infact. But the search won't accept "4"

Make it a $100,000 and it'll be worth the digging. I also said it may have been the previous year.

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 12:01:37 (permalink)
Sorry, have not shot more than one in our state in 13 years. With the exception of 2002, (new flintlock) 1A harvest and 2003 when I first got my pistol and took a doe with it here in 1A. You can make it any amount you want. My extra deer come from WVA.

tippecanoe
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1451
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 12:10:09 (permalink)
I was talking to my dad about this, and he said when he was my age (early-mid seventies) that everyone would go up there to hunt deer.  But he also said that all the farms in the area(Greene County) we still running, lots of sheep, etc. and he thought that had something to do with the lack of deer in this area at that time.  Now all the farms are grown up, and it makes for good habitat for game, although there has been lots of issues with predator/small game.  Esp. when it comes to rabbits, pheasant, and grouse.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 12:34:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: MuskyMastr

Sorry, have not shot more than one in our state in 13 years. With the exception of 2002, (new flintlock) 1A harvest and 2003 when I first got my pistol and took a doe with it here in 1A. You can make it any amount you want. My extra deer come from WVA.

Then I will have to take yer word for it. The search goes back 365 days only. But I do remember it not being at "deer camp" -- it was closer to your home.

I did see where you said you saw 42 deer from 5 to dark on a wva opener. Your a biologist MM, is that over capacity for that area?

MuskyMastr
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 13:07:01 (permalink)
It may be over capacity, but typically if a population is over capacity you see large scale crashes periodically, which I have not seen in my 18 years hunting there.

The second difference is that the public propety is managed to maximize hunting opportunity. Thier forest habitat is in good shape.

SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 15:41:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wayne c

"Are you involved ?"

yep.

I'll ask again. How are you involved ?

wayne c
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3473
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/04/29 16:26:25 (permalink)
You can also ask a third time if'n you'd like.
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/05/13 12:33:04 (permalink)
Why not answer the question ?

Are you afraid you to admit, your process is to bounce from website to website and force "your opinions" on the the less than 5% of pa hunters that visit forums?

Or perhaps you are trying to represent an organization's agenda but are embarassed to say which one ?

As much time as you spend on here and how you just jumped right into the debates, I'd say you came from somewhere that told you to hit the road or you were asked by a buddy for "support."

LAUGH

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/05/13 12:38:49 (permalink)
"Why not answer the question ?"

Because i dont answer to you, and i can see you REALLY want to know. Thats reason enough for me not to. And i dont even need a reason. Its funny seeing you hatch up conspiracy theories in attempt to answer it all by yourself. lmao.

Nice try with the character assassination though. Pretty radical ideas you have there dont you think?. You were made to look foolish in a post or two, so now your going to every single post ive made and thread and trying to incite a word war.

Thats ok. Im thick skinned. Knock yourself out chief.

Gotta love it!.....Please please please Wayne C, i hafta know!! lol.
post edited by wayne c - 2010/05/13 12:41:20
SilverKype
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/05/13 12:43:37 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: wayne c

"Why not answer the question ?"

Because i dont answer to you, .

Thanks for proving my point. You take the bait everytime. You're a power/control freak (yes, that is my opinion). It has nothing to do with with "you not answering to me." ..or some type of level of power. It has to do with accountibility and trust. With that comes good debate.

Remember that guy that stole the wallet you were talkin' about. Sounds like you.

wayne c
Pro Angler
RE: Kasunic Antlerless Deer Season Resolution 2010/05/13 13:00:10 (permalink)
"You take the bait everytime. "

Oh silly me.

"You're a power/control freak (yes, that is my opinion)."

And that sounds like the words of an empowered feminist that didnt get her way for the first time..

"It has nothing to do with with "you not answering to me." "

Naw, of course it doesnt. lmao.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to: