OAK ORCHARD FISHING ????

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
Ax
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
  • Reward points: 0
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 13:01:47 (permalink)
I actually saw a fish warden at Burt's Dam on Monday the 27th.  I couldn't believe it.  They were actually writing a guy a ticket to. To bad for him.

Rumor has it that these wardens are there more often then not.  They supposedly watch you from the hill and then arrest you when you come up the hill to go home.  So snaggers beware.  Oh wait it is not illegal to snag just illegal to keep snaged fish. lol

That place is sick with snaggers though. 

KJH how is the spelling and grammar on this post? lol
MikeThePike
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 64
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 15:45:48 (permalink)
I was theren (Burt) last year over Black Friday weekend and was checked for my license atleast twice every day by undercover officers. Didn't see a single ticket written but also didn't see enough salmon to have the rippers down there.

Its a fine line on writing tickets on the NY tribs. They write the ticket and the state/ city makes a 1 time fee of whatever the fine is whereas they allow people to get away with it the state and the region get the people's money trip after trip and year after year.

The further you work from the dams at Burt and on the Oak the less snagging you'll usually see. Most guys don't wanna actually hafta work for fish when theres 100s swimming right below the dam
KJH807
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4863
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 16:19:13 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Ax

I actually saw a fish warden at Burt's Dam on Monday the 27th.  I couldn't believe it.  They were actually writing a guy a ticket too. To bad for him.

Rumor has it that these wardens are there more often than not.  They supposedly watch you from the hill and then arrest you when you come up the hill to go home.  So snaggers beware.  Oh wait, it is not illegal to snag just illegal to keep snaged fish. lol

fixed..

Roy D. Mercer
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 141
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 16:39:23 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: KJH807

I actually saw a fish warden at Burt's Dam on Monday the 27th.  I couldn't believe it.  They were actually writing a guy a ticket too. Too bad for him.

Rumor has it that these wardens are there more often than not.  They supposedly watch you from the hill and then arrest you when you come up the hill to go home.  So snaggers beware.  Oh wait, it is not illegal to snag just illegal to keep snaged fish. lol

fixed..

You missed one...  I guess you're not as good as you claim to be.
P.S.  -No offense intended Ax

-Roy
KJH807
Pro Angler
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 16:41:32 (permalink)
ahhh
roy you are a better man than I...

again i'm more about readability than spelling and grammar
Skip16503
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4028
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 16:45:49 (permalink)
I can do it better  LOL     quote: ORIGINAL: Ax ah acshully sar a fish warden at Burt's Dam on Monday th' 27th. ah c'dn't believe it. They were acshully writin' a guy a ticket too. To bad fo' him, dawgone it. Rumo' has it thet these wardens is thar mo'e offen than not. They supposedly watch yo' fum th' hill an' then arress yo' when yo' come up th' hill t'go home. So snaggers beware. Oh wait, it is not illegal t'snag jest illegal t'keep snaged fish. lol Thet place is sick wif snaggers though. KJH how is th' spellin' an' grammar on this hyar post? lol

Ax
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 450
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 17:17:08 (permalink)
LOL

Gotta give KJH a hard time since he likes to bust stones. lol
KJH807
Pro Angler
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 17:20:59 (permalink)

LOL

Gotta give KJH a hard time since he likes to bust stones. lol

I have always expected people to call me on BS.....
because I sure will return the favor
MackJ
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 522
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/29 17:32:53 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: Roy D. Mercer

I actually saw a fish warden at Burt's Dam on Monday the 27th.  I couldn't believe it.  They were actually writing a guy a ticket too. Too bad for him.

Rumor has it that these wardens are there more often than not.  They supposedly watch you from the hill and then arrest you when you come up the hill to go home.  So snaggers beware.  Oh wait, it is not illegal to snag, just illegal to keep snagged fish. lol

fixed..

-Roy

Nor are you.
justinl8688
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 330
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/30 23:27:17 (permalink)
You should of been at the SR on Columbus Day weekend... I'll never do that again haha Circus is an understatement.

2005 Triton TR21X
225 Mercury Optimax

Roy D. Mercer
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 141
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/31 05:59:30 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: MackJ

ORIGINAL: Roy D. Mercer

Rumor has it that these wardens are there more often than not.  They supposedly watch you from the hill and then arrest you when you come up the hill to go home.  So snaggers beware.  Oh wait, it is not illegal to snag, just illegal to keep snagged fish. lol

fixed..

-Roy

Nor are you

I was actually Ok with letting that one go as a typo, as it was properly spelled throughout the message otherwise. But, since you're the final word around here, I'll take the lesson and file it in my long list of useless tidbits of knowledge gained in regards to fine folk round' here. My apologies. Now, as the great Jackie Gleason would say.... Pi$$ off Scumbum!  
post edited by Roy D. Mercer - 2008/10/31 06:20:50
MikeThePike
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 64
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/10/31 09:42:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: justinl8688

You should of been at the SR on Columbus Day weekend... I'll never do that again haha Circus is an understatement.

Thats the 1 tradition I'm glad I broke this year...with the shear number of guys up there that weekend even walking usually won't get you away from all the idiots

Now I just waiting for black friday weekend to extend my new tradition to its 3rd year, hopping the Lake O tribs for browns and chrome
MICK FISH
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 219
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/11/01 01:33:14 (permalink)
LOL!  This thread has cracked me up!  I was at the dam one time, the only time I ever went salmon "fishing".  Slept in the car, walked down at some ridiculously early hour, first ones there, picked up all the garbage and FOUGHT to keep your spots once the goons arrived!  Fish on!  Coming down!  Good Hook!...it was too much!  I have buddies that love it!  I got one fish that was hooked in the jaw and two in the tail!  Only kept the one that was hooked in the front, but enjoyed landing the ones hooked in the tail!  I would not go back there though...throwing elbows and cutting peoples lines is not for me!  I have to make it up there for some trolling in the late summer someday!  Smoked salmon and canned salmon is a good thing to have some stock of!!!
post edited by MICK FISH - 2008/11/01 01:37:45
flirod4evr
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 208
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/11/01 13:37:09 (permalink)
All the guys there that claim that they are "fishing" with size 4 and 6 sucker spawn aren't REAL fisherman, they wont even run up that hill at burt with there limit, not even for 10 dollars! I cant believe that. Pensfan1 knows what Im talking about.

I'm very familiar with the terms "RUN AND GUN" and "FISH ON!"

"They're in here I can smell 'em"
washdog
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 408
RE: OAK ORCHARD FISHING ???? 2008/11/01 15:56:57 (permalink)
The monkeys as you call them on the wall seem to be mostly locals. The secret recipe Anadromous mentioned along with all the lake infused ingredients also mentioned, and the 60lbs. a day they take home in Mudshark filets , Kinda give them all that Inbred appearence that allows the DEC to know who is a local and who is not.  Hahahah  .   Hence a little forgiveness at the wall for the locals on the fines . I heard jerry Springer was looking to do a show up in those woods.   Hahaha

But remember:   "There but for the grace of God go I."   
post edited by washdog - 2008/11/02 05:33:15
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: