Were to stay.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
JEB
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2248
  • Reward points: 0
RE: Were to stay. 2008/10/24 15:18:29 (permalink)
El Patio, its on the western side, but Its cheap and clean.
nekeno
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: Were to stay. 2008/10/26 19:25:34 (permalink)
I guess that I was wrong about the Super 8 being closed in North East.  The fire department told them that they needed to tear down the old building as there's not enough room to get a fire truck in the parking lot with the new building.  But who knows how long that'll take. 

As far as restaurants go, Rizzos is good, but beware of their bread and crust if you don't like rosemary.  Their calzones are HUGE.  Michaels is okay, however they have too many teenagers cooking there now so you never know what you'll get.  Freeport is always good of course.  I've heard some good things about Bovas, although I haven't eaten there in a few years.  Jack's Place on Rt 20 just west of town also have very good food, quite ecletic for around here, but a limited menu and hours, more of a bar.  Although they do have the best selection of beer and liquor in North East.  For wings St Joes Club is definitely the place to go.  If you want take out, my favorite place is Valones.  Their pizzas, ox roast, and patriot sub are very good.  St Joes Club and the American Legion have their usual Friday night dinners which are pretty good.
no-time
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 150
RE: Were to stay. 2008/10/27 10:03:59 (permalink)
we enjoyed rizzo's when he started his
business, but now the prices are higher
the food is not so great anymore, notice
the menus on the tables are dirty and
stained , lots of kids doing the cooking.
 you still can't go wrong at the freeport.

nekeno
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 82
RE: Were to stay. 2008/10/27 22:20:14 (permalink)
I forget to say something about Plummers.  Patty and Joe, the owners are great.  You'll never find anyone else like them.  A very friendly place.  The food is very good, but I'd stay away from their pre-proccesed wings.  Their burgers are excellent. 
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to: