twin lakes fishing derby

Author
mr.crappie
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2549
  • Reward points: 0
2008/06/05 12:00:57 (permalink)

twin lakes fishing derby

Sun. June 15th is the annual fishing derby for Twin Lakes from 8am-1pm there is no charge & lots of free door prizes plus a 50/50 drawing.Typicaly there are very few carp entered although there are plenty of carp up to 25+#. The County gives a trophy & a prize for the first 2 place winners. My idea is for some of us from the board to attend, so as to show others what we like about the sport & the different bait & equipment available.You could overnite if you have a night permit & a lantern. Although you are not allowed to camp at any Westmd. cnty lake, you can fish all nite with the permit.Any CAG members are welcome also.As of now the lower lake is much weedier than the top lake. There will be boats,bait & refreshments available. FireMarshall Bill & Capt. Al we will be looking for you.If any of you need info on best spots & parking P M me & I will do my best to help. Also for those intrested there will be a Country Band playing free after the derby at the lower lake, starts at 1:30pm. any other questions call the boathouse at: 724-832-7735  If this works out we could do this at each derby in the future or maybe even talk the County into holding a Carp derby.  BTW   C&R guys better set up near the measuring stations. There is 1 at each lake. 

0 Replies Related Threads

Jump to: