Water Water EVERYWHERE

Author
earlysecond
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 212
  • Reward points: 0
2008/03/09 22:07:12 (permalink)

Water Water EVERYWHERE

My fishing partner and I spent some time attempting to fish in Huntingdon County to escape Cabin Fever Today.  The weather was not for the faint of heart. . . neither were the water conditions.  I deem the Juniata choclatey and unfishable where we were.  The Raystown branch was high and rolling with a nice, green tint.  My friend, surprisingly, caught a smallmouth!  We were looking for some cooler water species but the bass was a fine surprise.

Fishing below Raystown Dam yeilded nothing but some good pictures.  There was so much flow as both chutes AND the Tunnel were at full flow, that the water was backing up TOWARD the power plant!  This was as high as I had ever seen it. 

Other than the bass, I saw nothing else caught but it sure beat sitting here and typing.

I have included some pictures from the spillway and Corbin's Island.  These are from the new cell phone but I am awaiting delivery on the new, underwater, fishing cam!  Pardon the quality as a camera it is a pretty darn good PHONE!  LOL

While I am thinking of this . . does anybody know the number or have a link for the USGS water flow gauge at Corbins?  I can find it when I look a little harder but would appreciate the help if anybody knows it for sure.

Only one more Saturday to catch some legal, table sized 'eyes before they go out.  Perhaps the weather, water and fish will cooperate better this upcoming week!

Brent

1 Reply Related Threads

salmotrutta
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 2132
    • Reward points: 0
    RE: Water Water EVERYWHERE 2008/03/09 23:42:54 (permalink)
    Nice report & great pics.. Thank you

Lyrical
    Jump to: