Helpful ReplyHot!2023 NFL Season

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Author
Mitchell
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 79
  • Reward points: 0
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/05 16:35:00 (permalink)
Big one comin' up Thursday nite. Will Canada's playbook rear its ugly head again, as it did full game after the 1st quarter against the Cards? Every other team in the NFL knows that playbook. Surely the Steelers can come up with a couple of unorthodox plays to fend off the New England defense, which has been playin' pretty well despite the teams horrible record. It wouldn't pay to bet against a Bill Belichick coached team, 'cause anything can happen in the NFL, and often times strange things occur. This game might make a lot of folks upset that they even subscribed to PRIME just for football, but it'll be televised locally in both teams venues. I'll stay up and watch 'til the end but if things don't change, ya just can't have a very good feelin' about this game.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 909
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/05 17:04:27 (permalink)
You guys can go onto www.Twitch.tv and watch the game for free on Thursday night btw. You don't need to sub to Prime or anything. Live streamed there for free every Thursday. 

Twitch is a subsidiary of Amazon and just streams it for free there. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9693
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/06 16:09:01 (permalink)
DeadGator401
You guys can go onto www.Twitch.tv and watch the game for free on Thursday night btw. You don't need to sub to Prime or anything. Live streamed there for free every Thursday. 

They don’t have ESPN do they? I’ll kick myself if so.

I quit cable last year. Did YouTube TV after, but found that I was mostly watching network stations and ESPN. I was saving from cable, but they raised prices and ended up being not all that much of savings, to basically watch what I could mostly watch for free. I tried cutting that service for a month or two, but now that it is cold and dark and not doing as much outside, I got sucks back in. The wife and kids were just fine since they are mostly using Netflix, Prime, Apple TV or one of the other 3-4 streaming services that we are paying for…. It was flat out ridiculous having them with cable.

I looked around and looks like Sling is the easiest way to get ESPN, but need to either switch out of app for locals or buy an AirTV device that will turn your antennae to a Wi-Fi signal. I figure that I’d give that a shot. You can then watch locals on your phone, which is nice for watching games and other stuff on the road. More upfront but the device I bought is a DVR too, so I don’t get sucked into another monthly subscription.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3104
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/06 16:28:27 (permalink)
The game will be on KDKA 
Mitchell
Novice Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/06 21:58:31 (permalink)
We dumped cable at the end of September and went with Amazon Firestick. We use only the free stuff and just a couple of the monthly pay stations. For football, I got a $34 RCA antenna from Walmart and put it in the window. I get KDKA-HD, ABC-HD, NBC-HD, and WPGH Fox 53 so that covers football all around except Thursday nite. There's other channels that come in on the antenna, but I rarely watch network TV anyway, so I'm good. I do miss my fishin' shows though.

Whenever you want to know what the Democrats are up to, watch what they accuse the other side of doing.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/06 22:24:09 (permalink)
Mitchell
I do miss my fishin' shows though.

Does your fire stick come with those free channels like Roku does? There are a bunch of fishing channels on Roku. Sling has a few as well, although $40 per month for Sling.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 02:00:43 (permalink)
Porktown
DeadGator401

They don’t have ESPN do they? I’ll kick myself if so.

I quit cable last year. Did YouTube TV after, but found that I was mostly watching network stations and ESPN. I was saving from cable, but they raised prices and ended up being not all that much of savings, to basically watch what I could mostly watch for free. I tried cutting that service for a month or two, but now that it is cold and dark and not doing as much outside, I got sucks back in. The wife and kids were just fine since they are mostly using Netflix, Prime, Apple TV or one of the other 3-4 streaming services that we are paying for…. It was flat out ridiculous having them with cable.

I looked around and looks like Sling is the easiest way to get ESPN, but need to either switch out of app for locals or buy an AirTV device that will turn your antennae to a Wi-Fi signal. I figure that I’d give that a shot. You can then watch locals on your phone, which is nice for watching games and other stuff on the road. More upfront but the device I bought is a DVR too, so I don’t get sucked into another monthly subscription.

Nope no ESPN. 

The whole TV thing is a gd nightmare. 
I would gladly pay 200+ to be able to just go to NHL.com and watch any of the penguins games I want, where I want to. Same for all sports. 

FUBO TV seems to have local sports for pgh market, its just like 80$ a month. 

I'll just keep using my HD Satellite for KDKA, and I'm not missing much with the pens now it seems. 
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4012
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 08:04:55 (permalink)
Porktown
Mitchell
I do miss my fishin' shows though.

Does your fire stick come with those free channels like Roku does? There are a bunch of fishing channels on Roku. Sling has a few as well, although $40 per month for Sling.

Most of the shows you like make Youtube content too and as long as you got internet....good to go.  Plus, you get to see a lot more "local" content too from everyday people that upload stuff so the quality runs the full spectrum. 
Before vacay, I'll spend a couple weeks browsing for content on surf fishing from the area we are going.  Several of these guys make a living doing this stuff so you get new uploads every couple of days sometimes.  Up to date video fishing reports are pretty nice to have.  

We are looking to finally cut the cord.  Comcrap is sucking the life out of us...
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 13:55:39 (permalink)
YouTube is the go to for fishing for me, when really wanting to learn something for species that I’ll actually fish for. I’ll do the fishing channels if just surfing channels. Usually some offshore fishing that costs a couple grand every time they fish…

Comcast was the nail in the coffin for me too. Was like $265 per month for their internet/cable/phone. Kicker is they kept charging me after I canceled. Took 3 months to have them finally stop charging and another 3 months for them to finally refund the money. Not sure what my plan will be when Verizon starts to Jack up my internet price.

I’m just fine not having ATT Sports Net or whatever they call the KBL/Pens game coverage. I thought that I would be fine without ESPN, but I do like watching college sports. I also don’t want to be too cheap and rob my kids from having the ability to watch a game they want. Sling is $51 per month for Sling with the sports extra (ESPN2, 3, U and the college conference channels). See how it goes for a few months. Nice being able to cancel any time.
ICE NUT
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1257
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 14:23:36 (permalink)
I'm just the opposite from all u guys.I dropped Dish after many years and went with Comcast. My dish bill was getting crazy and every time I would lose the signal it snowed or rained I would lose the signal.My whole bill from Comast is 200 and thats for everything Phone,Internet,and most of the cable channels .even added a couple premium channels and now i have pgh Sportsnet, although. the pens are giving me indigestion . I guess they all get you eventually but i don't regret doing it.Funny just in yesterdays mail i received a 400 Master Charge card if I go back to dish  but no thanks

crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3352
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 15:39:58 (permalink)
  Grew up with channels 2,4,11,13 and a couple UHF.  Now $4.95 internet bill a month with a roof antenna, smart tv's and Roku sticks seem spoiled with way to much to watch. Camps internet cost more but still a good deal with 4 tv's and $1.50 for phone incoming calls only.

crappy 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 15:48:29 (permalink)
All of their introductory deals are pretty good… Once they expire, they keep raising them in increments. The first few are, “whatever, $10/month isn’t too bad”. Then you look at a bill and compare it to the prior year and almost double for the exact same service. Finally get to the point of calling Verizon or the other competitor's to make the switch, which is a pain in the rear.

My last subscription with Comcast, I was “saving money” using their app on our bedroom tv, kids rooms and “playroom” tv, to not have to rent other boxes. Those TVs don’t see all that much use. But got a little used to using the apps to watch and switching them to use Netflix or other. No different than YouTubeTV, Sling, Fubo or other streaming “cable” service that you use their app to get basically cable. All have their prices set below the intro prices of the cable jerks too. I’d think at some point this would keep the cable companies from playing that price increase game. Maybe you guys will be lucky to have that happen.

Btw, set up my AirTV Anywhere device. Didn’t use it much, but checked out the channels. It is much more user friendly with the Roku based TVs than our Samsungs. Haven’t tried the kids’ LGs, but I don’t think they actually use their TVs at all…
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 19:12:02 (permalink)
psu_fish
The game will be on KDKA 

WPXI

Hope Mitch can show why he was a second overall draft pick. He shows signs of why, but then signs of why the Bears gave up on him and why Stillers replaced him with a rookie. I’d love for him to light it up for a few games and have a real QB controversy. Not much one now when they are all rather underwhelming.

No Sunday games for 3 weeks…. I guess pretty cool. Although I’ve got so much crap to do at work tomorrow, going to bed past my old man 9:30 bed time will make things rough tomorrow!
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 20:41:19 (permalink)
Man, I remember waking up to see Spanish Fly on Saturdays in the AM. What a show that was! 

My dream was to fly fish the bonefish flats as a kid. I settled for Struchen. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 21:46:35 (permalink)
Mitch had to be to his last set of downs before going to Rudolph at the end of the half. He responded and looked good. Let’s ride that into the second half!!!
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 23:08:31 (permalink)
A bomb from a guy whos missed 10 throws tonight. 

Couldn't even get 2. My god.
hendey lathe
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 954
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/07 23:41:42 (permalink)
Mike Tomlin, Tomlining pregame quote.
"He's good at the game, above the neck."
Yep, that's what I heard. Straight from the wordsmith hisself.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/08 02:07:11 (permalink)
They'll go 9-7, and end up in a win and in situation in Baltimore I bet. 

Hard to believe these last 2 games. Insane. 

Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/08 07:49:47 (permalink)
I think most expected the offense to struggle. NE defense is pretty good and Mitch getting first start on a short week. Defense side in first half was garbage. Not all on the ILBs, but glaring weakness to attack. Second half looked a lot better on both sides, especially defense. I do think they play better next week, but much harder opposition for rest of the season.

I can definitely see the 9-7 with “play in game” vs Baltimore. But can also see them losing out.

With both Kenny and Mitch looking like garbage, there is really something else going on. Not to say that either is “the answer” type of franchise QB, but both are capable mid level NFL starters. That might be the ceiling for both. The play designs must be easy to defend. More often than not, the receivers are not getting open and when they seem to be, the defense is able to disguise secondary help. The execution is still an issue, the one 3rd or 4th down conversion, Johnson was clearly open right beyond the sticks and forced a ball into coverage another 10 yards down. The line still needs work. I think yesterday showed that moving Washington to OT is not a good idea. Maybe if he put on 40lbs it would help, but he missed a lot of key blocks. The line is looking better than beginning of seasons, but mostly in run blocking. They need to be top 5 or so in pass protection, if having average at best QB play. There are only 2-3 QBs in the league that would be able to do anything behind this line. Mitch, Kenny and Mason would do just fine if given the time the NE line was giving their QB in the first half.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/08 08:15:49 (permalink)
Art Rooney II needs to seriously think about some changes in the offseason
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/08 10:46:43 (permalink)
psu_fish
Art Rooney II needs to seriously think about some changes in the offseason

If talking Tomlin, but doubt it. I thought it would have been a good time when Ben hit retirement. Start over with a coach that has proven success rebuilding. Just not the Rooney way. He’ll get at least another year to see if he can turn it around.

If Khan can be as effective as he was in next years draft and FA (and not hit as hard with injury bug), the talent should be there. Aggressively build up the OL, so the mid level QBs they have can succeed at least enough to be “that only piece needed”. Get an OC that can work with their strengths, hopefully Khan has a say in this. That guy seems to be a legit football genius, at least per one offseason…. Build that solid foundation to be able to go after that franchise QB down the road (which they should have done instead of Kenny and Najee). Taking the shortcut of drafting a “franchise QB” or RB in the first round without having the other pieces in place won’t work. Even if Kenny was Trevor Lawerence, he’d still be struggling. Got to do what SF and Philly did and can put just about any good college QB in and have success. Kenny or Mitch would look just as good as Purdy or Hurts in those systems or pretty dang close.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/10 17:56:06 (permalink)
And after today, somehow - the Steelers are back in a playoff spot. 
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/10 19:52:52 (permalink)
DeadGator401
And after today, somehow - the Steelers are back in a playoff spot. 

BidenFL playoff tie breaker math…

They are somehow the highest ranked 7-6 team???

I’m betting they clearly play themselves out in the next couple of weeks. Especially if TJ is out.
DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/10 21:32:29 (permalink)
I would bet money they're in it until the last game. Some Win and X lose scenario. 

they're still in control of their destiny, which is loco.
psu_fish
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/11 08:38:49 (permalink)
Yesterday was proof Art needs to fire everyone and start over. Flacco was literally in retirement, threw for 311 and 3TDs. Week prior he threw 2 TDs. Jake Browning stats vs Jags and Colts are better than Pickett and Mitch. Jordan Love has vastly improved from week 1 to now. 

Need a offensive oriented HC that is also the OC who works everyday with the QB.  
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/11 09:40:38 (permalink)
As you pointed out with Cleveland, they mortgaged this year to go SB or bust. Their OL is stacked. Their skill positions are stacked (even with Chubb out), their defense is stacked. Putting just about anyone in QB will do well with what they have. Their third stringer who is nowhere near being NFL ready did okay for them. That said, I can’t see for a minute Flacco being able to take on KC, SF, Dallas, Baltimore or Philly in a playoff/Super Bowl game that really means something. Browns had to do something since they know 3-4 year rebuild is just over the horizon. If he was lined up behind Mason Cole on Thursday, I have absolutely not doubt in my mind that the crowd would be chanting for Mitch…

As you are noting, Steelers offensive issues are deep. Agree that it would be a good time to bring in someone that was more offensive minded ant the head and definitely OC focused on working closely with the QB. Anyone thinking their current issues could be fixed with a QB alone is insane. Especially a rookie in the draft. Sure, Mahommes and a few others could probably turn this offense around, but far from available and would almost certainly put up half of the stats they do now and likely injured. Steelers tried to take a shortcut in rebuilding after Ben. They can likely keep patching together a +|- .500 team. Which drafting a QB this year would do. Or they can build the OL, solidify the defensive holes and then go after that QB of the future. They can take step 1 next year and possibly be ready for step 2 the next year. Or if get lucky and a round 1 graded QB falls to them in the 3rd after they addressed, go for it.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3427
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/16 19:52:00 (permalink)
If they don't fire Coach T after this debacle of a season, they will never be thought of as a serious organization again. He won with Cowher's players, Cowher's leaders and Cowher's culture. You can take the no losing seasons and wipe yer rear-end with that stat. Such shame.
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/16 20:43:07 (permalink)
pensfan1
If they don't fire Coach T after this debacle of a season, they will never be thought of as a serious organization again. He won with Cowher's players, Cowher's leaders and Cowher's culture. You can take the no losing seasons and wipe yer rear-end with that stat. Such shame.

I agree. But, being the Stillers, they likely won’t. He is good for at least another year. Trust me, I yelled for him to be fired at the TV at least 5 times today!

That said Khan may make the Rooneys look like geniuses keeping Tomlin. By no means will it be Tomlin, but can see it happening. That is if Khan can keep up what he did.

How horribly they are doing, Benton, Porter, Herbig and Jones look to be legit player. Of course rookie mistakes are going to happen, but all look to be starter quality. Possibly Washington and others. I can see this draft class in 5-10 years looked back as being “the class” that put them ahead. If each progresses next season are going to be solid components. Holcomb, Robert and Alexander if healthy are the three rotational ILBs, add another to replace one. All Kahn additions. In one F-ING year!!! Imagine another year or two??? He will make Tomlin look like a genius by talent alone. Or a complete idiot in failing with that talent. Of course, could be a one year lucky thing. But being hopeful, the guy seems like a genius and savior of the franchise. In the process will likely make the coach look better. If so, I really don’t care if the win…

Bu no doubt, I’d fire T end of season if my call. If my call, they’d be undefeated in my mind. Likely 0-17 with 30 point average loss in reality. But I’ll still post nonsense!!!
Mitchell
Novice Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/17 00:04:10 (permalink)
Should've put Rudolph in at the end of the 1st quarter; at least by half time. It's obvious, at least to me, why the Bears were happy to unload Trubisky. He upped on his interceptions, which he's noted for, and he couldn't hit a bull in the azz with a base fiddle today. IMO, he is not a starting QB. I have to revise my prediction for the year. It ain't gonna be 9 & 7. They'll be lucky to do 8-9. Cincy, Seahawks, and the Ravens ain't gonna roll over.

DeadGator401
Expert Angler
Re: 2023 NFL Season 2023/12/17 01:16:46 (permalink)
Mitch can't read a defense. That's why he had 2 decent years early on, then fell off. Teams adjusted to him and changed schemes. 

Pork - I don't think Kahn has near the control or sway you think he does. This is Tomlins ship. 
Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 4 of 7
Jump to: