Helpful ReplyHot!Trump 2024

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 34
Author
MyWar
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1939
  • Reward points: 0
Re: Trump 2024 2023/06/29 09:57:10 (permalink)
FishinGuy

'While president, Donald Trump made sexual comments about his daughter Ivanka in front of his employees that were so lewd and disturbing that he was rebuked by his one-time chief of staff John Kelly, a former Trump official writes in a new book.

“Aides said he talked about Ivanka Trump’s breasts, her backside, and what it might be like to have sex with her, remarks that prompted Kelly to remind the president that Ivanka was his daughter,” writes Miles Taylor, a former chief of staff at the Department of Homeland Security, in his new book, according to Newsweek.'

“He just says what we are all thinking… about our daughters”
crappiefisher
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3349
Re: Trump 2024 2023/06/29 22:11:50 (permalink)
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8507
Re: Trump 2024 2023/06/30 20:14:52 (permalink)
Trump 2024 cause everytime a democratic is in we pay out our ars for everything!

FishinGuy
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2074
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:07:32 (permalink)
So you're poor(hey, me too). So you wanna vote for the guy that did the tax cuts for the rich? And against the guy trying to help out middle and lower class Americans with their student loan debts? You wanna vote for the guy that leads the party that unanimously voted against oil company price gouging? The government is being hamstrung out of helping you (hey, me too), by the people you want to vote for. Correlation is not always causation. Trickle down economics does not benefit you(me either). Think about it objectively.

https://www.salon.com/202...-price-gouging-on-gas/

Attachment(s)

Attachments are not available: Download requirements not met
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:22:18 (permalink)
Quite from Biden's speech in the debt relief program.
"This program was all set to begin. The website had been set up. The applications had been simplified so that it took less than five minutes to complete. Notices had been sent out to people about the relief they were eligible for. Sixteen million people — sixteen million people had already been approved. The money was literally about to go out the door.

And then, Republican elected officials and special interests stepped in. They said no — “no” — literally snatching from the hands of millions of Americans thousands of dollars in student debt relief that was about to change their lives.

You know, these Republican officials just couldn’t bear the thought of providing relief for working-class and middle-class Americans. Republican state officials sued my administration, attempting to block relief, including for millions of their own constituents.

Republicans in Congress voted to overturn the plan. I think every one. I don’t think I had any Republican votes for this plan.

At the same time, think about this: We all supported the Paycheck Protection Program — remember? — PPP — you know, which was designed to help businessowners who lost money because of the pandemic. It was a worthy program.

But let’s be clear: Some of the same elected Republicans, members of Congress who strongly opposed giving relief to students, got hundreds of thousands of dollars themselves in relief — members of Congress — because of the businesses they were able to keep open.

Several members of Congress got over a million dollars. All those loans were forgiven. You know how much that program cost? $760 billion. My program is too expensive? $360 billion more than I proposed in my student debt relief program.

I was trying to provide students with 10 to 20 thou- — $10- to $20,000 of relief. By comparison, the average amount forgiven in the PPP — the pandemic loan program — average amount forgiven was $70,000.

Now, a kid making 60,000 bucks, trying to pay back his bills, asking for $10,000 in relief — come on. The hypocrisy is stunning. "
DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4893
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:29:04 (permalink)
I’d rather think of it subjectively, as in my economy of one.

Everyone got a tax cut except those who don’t pay income taxes. I know it showed up in my paycheck and I’m far from rich.

No, I don’t want to help someone else, because that’s what it is —taxpayers— pay for their student loans because I paid for mine. How is that possible? My degrees — all three of them — led to marketable jobs, including getting my “dream” job title as of yesterday. None of my career moves made me rich, but I’m comfortable going into the twilight of my working life (I plan on 8 more years, God willing).

As for trickle down not working, please name one poor person that provided anyone with a job. It’s not possible. Someone must be more well off than those they pay or it isn’t going to work.

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3425
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:34:21 (permalink)
Too many facts for the cultists FG, but thanks for trying. Here's another couple facts that falls on deaf ears. The Biden administration has added 13Million jobs in 2 years, more than any other President has in 4 years. Also, the US leads in economic recovery from the pandemic over the rest of the G7 countries.

But hey, tRump still hates the same people they do so there's that.
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:50:38 (permalink)
Hey, thanks, obviously well off, and completely out of touch with the average American, dardys. We already know your opinions. You got a job that let you pay off your 3 degrees. When did you enter the work force 50 60 years ago? That tracks. That is not the economy that non-geriatrics walked into out of college (you're out of touch). Enjoy your umpteenth freaking safari next year. I heard they're offering reasonably priced deep sea sub rides now too.
post edited by FishinGuy - 2023/07/01 14:54:31
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:53:06 (permalink)
It’s unconstitutional (how is that for a fact — if you can find anywhere in the Constitution where it reads that the ability to pay for things, because that’s what it is, the government, meaning taxpayers, is paying for the program, is given to the President— I’ll give you a week to look), so says even Nancy Pelosi, but hey, if you went to all the trouble to set up a website and all, then who cares about the Constitution.

Please tell your plumber, electrician, landscaper, retail sales person, etc. that they get to pay for someone who made a bad choice of degrees and cannot find meaningful, gainful, employment in their field.

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:58:37 (permalink)
We are going to end up paying for ALL 3 of our girls undergrads, no matter where they go. After that, it's on them. Just because WE can afford that, doesn't make us think if someone can't they shouldn't have the same opportunities. Not real sure if you've priced college tuition lately but $10 to $20k doesn't get you much in this day and age. Boomers being out of touch is putting it mildly.
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 14:58:42 (permalink)
DarDys

Please tell your plumber, electrician, landscaper, retail sales person, etc. that they get to pay for someone who made a bad choice of degrees and cannot find meaningful, gainful, employment in their field.

My former retail salesperson spouse, that went to that position because it paid more than being a teacher, is having trouble paying her student loans. Because she was duped from a young age by your generation blowing smoke up her arse, then voting in people who don't want to pay teachers what they deserve.
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 15:01:08 (permalink)
Reasonably priced sub rides🤣.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 15:06:06 (permalink)
FishinGuy
Hey, thanks, obviously well off, and completely out of touch with the average American, dardys. We already know your opinions. You got a job that let you pay off your 3 degrees. When did you enter the work force 50 60 years ago? That tracks. That is not the economy that non-geriatrics walked into out of college (you're out of touch).

It was 40 years ago — you know, under the wonderful Carter economy — which is as bad, if not worse than this one, so I am in touch. I walked out of college into unemployment. I worked retail (I had job offers in my field, but it required a major relocation and I was first the caregiver for my grandmother, then my parents), does that sound familiar to today? I found out that wasn’t going to cut it, so I advanced my education, with no money other than what I had, plus loans (which I paid off).

This worked well until NAFTA (I was comfortable, not well off) and the industry I was in went to Mexico. I regrouped, found another position, but that ended with giving China favored nation status. Got more education to switch industries.

Regrouped again, still being comfortable, until the war on coal caused half our company population to be laid off.

Finally, landed where I always wanted to be. And just to show you how much you are talking out your behind, I deal with today’s college students daily at work. Do you?

Didn’t think so.

I know the job market those with good degrees are getting into — some make more than I do, in their first post college job — some make more than I ever did, in their first post college job. So graduate into unemployment, but that’s on them (like it was on me not being able to relocate). If some students (above average, but not super stars) are struggling to decide which of the very acceptable 6-10 job offers to take, then it’s not a problem paying for their loans (just like I found a way to do).

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 15:09:20 (permalink)
pensfan1
We are going to end up paying for ALL 3 of our girls undergrads, no matter where they go. After that, it's on them. Just because WE can afford that, doesn't make us think if someone can't they shouldn't have the same opportunities. Not real sure if you've priced college tuition lately but $10 to $20k doesn't get you much in this day and age. Boomers being out of touch is putting it mildly.

As a full time faculty member at a university, I doubt I’m out of touch with what tuition costs, but nice try.

As a teaching professor in business, I also know what job market those folks are graduating into. It’s theirs for the taking.

They will have no issues paying their loans.

FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 15:16:20 (permalink)
Blah blah blah. Ok Boomer. Still blowing smoke up arses, I see.
Porktown
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 9687
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 15:52:21 (permalink)
DarDys

I know the job market those with good degrees are getting into — some make more than I do, in their first post college job — some make more than I ever did, in their first post college job. So graduate into unemployment, but that’s on them (like it was on me not being able to relocate). If some students (above average, but not super stars) are struggling to decide which of the very acceptable 6-10 job offers to take, then it’s not a problem paying for their loans (just like I found a way to do).

Sounds like a horrible economy, no?
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 16:04:06 (permalink)
I’m with the boomer on the student loan forgiveness. But I’m not all that far from being a boomer myself… With a kid close to college age and another not far behind, college tuition is one of my financial focuses of the past few years. It is high, but factor inflation into the equation and it isn’t all that much more than it was 25 years ago, when I left school and relocated to find employment. It is a bit more than inflation, but not all that much. I went to IUP, which is a completely different university now. The dorms that I stayed in were concrete block boxes with no privacy. Either stack the beds to make bunks or trip over each other having them separate. The amenities at the school were 1/4 what is offered now. The dining halls were a slight step up from HS cafeterias. From my understanding are twice the cuisine now. I skipped out on those for ramen noodles and slice slice for most of my meals, piling 5-10 roommates into houses that were literally falling over to save a few bucks.

I have mentioned many times how I would address college costs. But as Dardys noted, most majors that are in demand in the market, rarely will those studying in those fields be struggling to pay off the debt.

Agree teachers should be making more.
FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 16:32:41 (permalink)
DarDys

They will have no issues paying their loans.

In theory, right? None of them have jobs. Out of touch, yet again.
JerryS
Expert Angler
  • Total Posts : 278
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 17:16:44 (permalink)
DarDys

Please tell your plumber, electrician, landscaper, retail sales person, etc. that their tax dollars paid for the salaries of Penn State employees, but since Penn State is one of the top ten most expensive public colleges in the U.S., they still couldn't afford to get a college education.  This year alone, Penn State got $242M from the state.

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 17:38:07 (permalink)
I didn't want to point that , Jerry.. BUT I'm glad someone did.
woodnickle
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 8507
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 17:55:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby rippinlip 2023/07/02 12:44:27
My daughter worked her way through college and I ended up paying half of it. So why can't kids do that today? Just my two cents.
Trump 2024!

FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 18:02:23 (permalink)
"It was terrible for me so it should be terrible for YOU too." That ain't right. That's not what you should be voting for. Shouldn't we be trying to move FORWARD? I truly wish that either your daughter's job paid well enough that you didn't have to do that, or someone other than YOU, would have stepped up to right the wrong. You know it was wrong. Shouldn't be like that. Bail out the millionaire a-holes at the bottom of the Atlantic, though, right?
post edited by FishinGuy - 2023/07/01 18:06:07
pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 19:07:12 (permalink)
woodnickle
My daughter worked her way through college and I ended up paying half of it. So why can't kids do that today? Just my two cents.
Trump 2024!

My oldest daughter got her tuition down to almost nothing with scholarships, why can't more kids do that? Make America Smarter, jus say'IN
Porktown
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 19:37:33 (permalink)
The wrong is the cost of tuition. State of PA is toward the top of that list. Paying off debt is not right. Unless the plan was to keep doing so forever? Why do public school teachers make a fraction of college professors? That is a crime. Educators should be on the same level as doctors and attorneys. Much easier to have most of the country ready for college before they are of that age. Then they can really decide to continue or go another route. It is all classism.
bigfoot
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2523
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/01 21:08:48 (permalink)
Just wondering. If you smart enough to go on to higher learning, you surely must know the definition of the word "borrow."

"Life's meaning has always eluded me and I guess it always will. But I love it just the same."
Quote: E.B. White

pensfan1
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/02 02:00:50 (permalink)
It really doesn't matter what any of us think on debt forgiveness, The Court has spoken. If it's one thing McConnell and the rest of the GOP ghouls knew how to do, it was use the orange buffoon to stack the court. They struck down Roe, they gutted the EPA, they are forcing the "good Christian 🙄" values of being anti-LBGT and they reaffirmed the idea that black n brown people don't really matter in this country. I have no idea why anyone would want tRump back. He served his purpose.
post edited by pensfan1 - 2023/07/02 04:21:06
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/02 07:57:32 (permalink)
FishinGuy
Blah blah blah. Ok Boomer. Still blowing smoke up arses, I see.

As Jimmy Buffett once sung — “Don’t try to describe the ocean if you’ve never seen it.” Since I actually work in the university world and you don’t, I’m betting I have a far better read in the situation than you do. You admit as much by not coming back with any valid counted argument (because there are no e) and instead turn to trying to be insulting.

My division is comprised of business (where I teach and advise), engineering, and IT (to include cyber security). None of the graduates from those programs have any trouble graduating in to employment situations where they cannot pay off their student debt, unless they aren’t willing to put in the necessary work, and that’s on them.

There is a nearby college (unfortunately, not us) that has partnered with a hospital to put forth a program that will pay the full tuition of graduating nurses and give them a guaranteed job. In other words, for a short commitment, I believe it is 2-4 years, they have no student debt and a job that pays in the high $80’s to low $100’s, depending on specialty, in an area where the cost of living index is below 100.

Now, the job market isn’t so rosy for interpretive arts, ploy sci, pure math (not applied to engineering or accounting), pure science, English (required for everything, qualifies for nothing), history, and many other liberal arts degrees (other than HR, which I also teach). And students who don’t do the research before jumping into these majors don’t get to get a free pass on their loans from those who chose wisely, grasshopper.

FishinGuy
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/02 09:24:18 (permalink)
💨💨💨 You have no idea what you're talking about. Your assumptions are cute though. Keep blowin that smoke guy.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/02 09:54:18 (permalink)
Yep, I teach and advise and a major university and I have no idea what I’m talking about with regard to the situation in higher education. So I guess you know better than what I work with everyday. That is evidenced by zero persuasive argument on your side and, again, attempting to be insulting.

When one’s ideology clouds being able to accept first-hand reality, then their is little hope the idealist.

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: Trump 2024 2023/07/02 09:57:30 (permalink)
BTW, saw a billboard for a healthcare provider this morning offering a $30,000 sign-on bonus for nurses. Don’t see an issue with them paying their student loans if an employer is offering that plus a competitive salary (and having such a hard time filling positions that that type of offer has to be made — on a billboard).

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 8 of 34
Jump to: