Author
dpms
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3501
  • Reward points: 0
2018/02/12 14:23:50 (permalink)

New Sunday hunting push?

Sunday Hunting Fight to take new form

The fight to legalize Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania is taking on a new form.

It’s not one everyone supports.

The grassroots group Hunters United for Sunday Hunting initially formed more than a year ago. Its goal was to convince lawmakers to remove the “blue law” prohibiting hunting on Sundays.

That would not mandate hunting on any Sundays. It would only give the Pennsylvania Game Commission the authority to decide which ones, if any, to add to the hunting calendar.

Supporters say Sunday hunting would increase opportunities for working people, families and youths otherwise tied up with work, school and sports to get outdoors.

The idea has gotten no traction, however.

State Rep. Bob Godshall of Montgomery County actually introduced House Bill 71 on Jan. 23 of 2017. It would eliminate the Sunday hunting ban. Fourteen co-sponsors signed on.

But it’s gone nowhere.

The bill has never come up for debate in committee, let alone gone before the full House of Representatives. That’s the same fate suffered by similar legislation in previous years.

So, said Harold Daub of Dauphin County, it’s time for a change.

Daub – testifying before Game Commissioners – admitted not all hunters want Sundays. And the main issue for those opposed is deer.

They fear adding Sundays to deer seasons and decreasing the herd, Daub said.

He doesn’t share that worry, he said. But he accepts it for the roadblock it is, he added.

“I would prefer that the Game Commission be given seven-day regulatory authority over all species. But it’s simply time to face reality and leave deer behind,” Daub said.

That’s where the new strategy comes in.

There is some Sunday hunting in Pennsylvania already, Daub noted. Three species — coyotes, foxes and crows — can be pursued on that day.

The Hunters United group is now suggesting that – rather than repealing the Sunday hunting ban – lawmakers instead just expand the list of species that can be hunted on that day. Specifically, it wants to add groundhogs, squirrels, rabbits, pheasants, raccoons and waterfowl.

Not everyone likes the idea.

Enough of those who attended a kickoff meeting for the new strategy complained that Daub took to Facebook this week to address their issues.

The problem, he said, is the Pennsylvania Farm Bureau.

That group is the largest representing farm families in the state. And it has long opposed Sunday hunting.

That remains its stance

Jeff Grove, the bureau’s director of local affairs, said the issue was debated – as it is every year — at its annual meeting in November. Sunday hunting was shot down in a discussion that lasted less than three minutes, he said.

There are likely several reasons, he said. But one stands out.

“The one thing I hear most often on Sunday hunting is that farmers just don’t want to be harassed on Sundays,” Grove said.

Daub said hunters – who have had no success countering the bureau with lawmakers – have to try something new, hence the new strategy.

“Is it perfect? No. But we need to win a battle to turn this war in our favor and away from the Farm Bureau,” he wrote.

In the meantime, one Game Commissioner wondered if the bureau’s stance accurately reflect all farmers.

Brian Hoover of Chester County attended the Farm Bureau’s annual meeting.

“So when I sat at a table with a group of farmers, the first thing they brought up to me was, when are we going to get Sunday hunting? And the table behind me was saying the same thing,” Hoover said.

He suggested there’s an “underlying movement” within the bureau accept it.

If that’s true, it might be age based, Grove said.

“I do believe, if you look at the demographics of hunters, the younger generation is much more supportive (of Sunday hunting) than the older. And I would imagine that’s possible in the agricultural industry, too,” Grove said.

There are certainly young people who favor Sunday hunting.

Gov. Tom Wolf’s youth advisory council on hunting, fishing and conservation were polled on their ideas for getting kids into the woods more often.

“More days to hunt was suggested more than any other idea,” said Jordon Edmonds of Hershey, spokesman for the group.

He told commissioners group members see Sundays as the answer to getting youths into the woods in the face of other competition for time.

Daub said hunters need to pursue whatever options it can to expand Sunday hunting.

https://adventures.everybodyshops.co...take-new-form/

My rifle is a black rifle
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 14:45:53 (permalink)
For the record, I don't support a peach meal approach. A full regulatory transfer is long overdo with the discussion of when and where happening on Elmerten Ave in front of the Commissioners. 

I guess organizers are looking for regional directors and volunteers with a big organizational meeting scheduled in March at PGC headquarters which will be attended by various state representatives and/or staff. 
post edited by dpms - 2018/02/12 14:47:25

DarDys
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4891
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 15:44:46 (permalink)
So why doesn’t someone propose that there be Sunday hunting on SGL that have nothing to do with the members of the Farm Bureau because it would have zero affect on them?

Or that one could hunt on their own property on Sunday, again going around what the members of the Farm Bureau oppose?

Using over harvest is a smokescreen. When one kills a buck, they are done and the antlerless population is controlled by license allocations.
post edited by DarDys - 2018/02/12 15:45:58

The poster formally known as Duncsdad

Everything I say can be fully substantiated by my own opinion.
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 15:58:32 (permalink)
DarDys
So why doesn’t someone propose that there be Sunday hunting on SGL that have nothing to do with the members of the Farm Bureau because it would have zero affect on them?

This idea was discussed. The opposition to that idea is largely from some hunters that feel that public hands are over harvested and SH will make the problem worse. 

Using over harvest is a smokescreen. When one kills a buck, they are done and the antlerless population is controlled by license allocations.

Absolutely correct. The PGC can lower or raise deer populations with the tools they already have. Adding Sunday hunting does not change that. If there is an impact that is measurably negative, allocations would be reduced to compensate. Allocations ebb and flow all of the time. That would not change. 

Mountian Man
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4118
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 16:05:03 (permalink)
I'd be ok with Sunday hunting during the archery season

Thread Killer

Veni Vidi Vici...
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 16:28:45 (permalink)
If SGL are over harvested, the someone at the PGC needs fired. They control populations via antlerless allocations, so any over harvest is directly their doing.

dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 16:39:11 (permalink)
DarDys
If SGL are over harvested, the someone at the PGC needs fired. They control populations via antlerless allocations, so any over harvest is directly their doing.

The question becomes are SGLs over harvested or is that just a perception that exists among some hunters.

The problem with allocations allotted to areas the size of WMUs is the PGC cannot control where the tags are used. Allocations can only control general populations, not micro populations. 

DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/12 17:08:47 (permalink)
True.

Then the WMUs need revisited. And not from a LE perspective, but from a population perspective. That would seem like time better spent than working on the use of auto shotguns for big game across the state or the seasons and bag limits on skunks and porcupines.
post edited by DarDys - 2018/02/12 17:10:57

lost sage rod sectio
Novice Angler
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 00:11:18 (permalink)
The only people who will really benefit from Sunday hunting are the non-resident hunters. As far as the youth are concerned if you have to beg a kid to hunt your wasting your time.!!!!
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 07:12:57 (permalink)
Agreed that if you have to beg a kid to hunt, or anything else for that matter, it is a waste of time.

However, the other part if the statement makes no sense. I would like to be able to hunt my property on Sunday and I know numerous friends that have ground ranging from 50 to over 700 acres that would as well.

psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3092
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 08:52:12 (permalink)
lost sage rod sectio
The only people who will really benefit from Sunday hunting are the non-resident hunters. As far as the youth are concerned if you have to beg a kid to hunt your wasting your time.!!!!

False. I work 40 hour work week. I also have 1 hour round trip commute to work, so you can kiss goodbye hunting after work during rifle season.

By opening up Sunday hunting, I can double my time afield. I typically hunt 4 days of rifle. The opener, the 2 Saturdays and the final Friday I will take vacation day. My number of tags wouldn't change. I would still have my buck tag, 2F and a 2D bonus tag.

Open it up and be done with it.
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 09:32:25 (permalink)
We have a decrease in participation of close to 50% for deer hunters, 70 percent for small game, 66% for fall turkey compared to 20 years ago. For those that still hunt, why would hunters oppose the PGC being able to regulate hunting on Sundays with such a big drop off in participation? 

psu_fish
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 3092
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 15:32:45 (permalink)
People genuinely distrust the PGC.
dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 15:42:44 (permalink)
psu_fish
People genuinely distrust the PGC.

Do they trust politicians more at game management than game agencies? 

CAPTAIN HOOK
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2384
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/13 21:36:52 (permalink)
When hunting areas are declining due to more private property postings I would say SGL's are over hunted or at least used more and more every year. GL # 39 is very busy with hunters every deer and turkey season as hunters get squeezed out of private areas. Nothing to see most parking areas loaded with vehicles. 39 is a big SGL too, around 10k acres. I'd hate to see it on a Sunday if only SGL's would be open....hunters would target it heavy.  I'm not against Sunday hunting, but I'd want it state wide open to all hunters..... not split up.  
eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 4008
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/14 10:08:45 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bingsbaits 2018/02/14 14:05:26
lost sage rod sectio

Remind me not to drink the Kool-aid you are drinking....
With two kids, ages 11 and 9 and both in multiple sports and me working 50+ hrs per week, Sunday hunting would definitely improve our chances of getting out in the field more often.
Open it up statewide, all species, all land....and be done with it and get PA into 21st Century wildlife management.

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 11939
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/14 11:37:05 (permalink)
Boy I'll drink to that cause I (along with hundreds of thousands of other hunters) know what it's like to have to wait to go hunting.  Wasn't bad enough having to wait til I turned 12 to obtain a hunting license, or make a choice between school sports, I can count on my one hand my brothers and I got to hunt with our dad who worked 10-12 hour days as an electrician.  So cry me a river of that Kool-aid and stop using "what about the children" as means to push your agenda.

You want to hunt Sundays; buy your own land and stock it or better yet, Ohio ain't too far from the Pennsylvania boarder and their schools have sports programs.  So get with the 21 century and take advantage of the low mortgage interest rates.  Lots of states have Sunday hunting and plenty of real estate for sale.

For crying out loud, who in the hell in their right mind thinks it's the land owners who don't want Sunday hunting in Pa?   Millions of acres of State Game Lands can be opened but the Game Commission don't.  Please don't think I'm going to believe the BS that land will be over hunted.   

Look at the programs the PGC now has on the books so why not have a program, where land owners can post their land "OPEN FOR SUNDAY HUNTING".

It's the PGC that doesn't want Sunday hunting.  Good grief the commission doesn't have enough "GAME WARDENS" to patrol 6 days a week so where the hell do they find enough manpower to schedule 7 days a week?  OH I know, the "GAME WARDENS" should all be working 24/7, even though they may have children playing school sports and would like to hunt with dad.

Lastly but not leastly, how soon before some yinz demand the age be reduced for obtaining a driver's license and hey how about being able to belly up to the bar and have a beer with the kids?

Thank you for listening, I'm just having issues dealing with 'melting ice'.  The Doc says it's temporary and has prescribed a daily dose of sitting in a boat, beginning open water.

Gotta git, Ice is calling.   (not Immigration and Customs Enforcement either)

Happy Ash Wednesday  but after my rant, I suppose I shouldn't expect too many Valentines in my PM box... huh?

Well to show what kind of guy I am........   

HAPPY VALENTINES DAY

post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/02/14 11:57:41

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

Old fisherman never die; we just smell that way. 

dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 07:54:23 (permalink)
So you are saying that keeping barriers in place that limit days we can legally hunt should continue on just because that is how its always been, even though those barriers have no purpose at all except to single out one activity on Sundays while every other activity is perfectly legal to participate in on the same day? 

Maybe I got it wrong? 

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 09:17:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fisherlady2 2018/02/16 09:41:17
So I am saying other people have their wants and desires regarding Sundays including those persons who wish to see Sundays as a day of rest and prayer. 

So I am saying, I see persons using "it's about the children" to further their own personal agendas and could care less whether a child pulls the trigger with daddy holding the gun.  So I'm saying it's more about the money then it is about the heritage of hunting Pennsylvania. 

So I am saying, If I want to hunt White Tailed Deer I can enjoy my own back yard.  So I am saying if I wish to hunt Moose I gotta sacrifice my time, including vacation time, and travel or relocate, to the places having Moose. 

So I'm saying you will be hard pressed to argue persons respect what they earn far more than what is given them.  So I'm saying hunting is a good example for teaching respect, by having it earned.  So I am saying too many people today, think they deserve and should be handed what ever their little hearts desire because it's what they want and screw everybody else.

So I am saying, when planned, the PGC received resistance from the middle aged hunters but knew in time, the middle aged resistance would be turning older and soon enough fading from the picture. 

So I'm saying now that the PGC has been successful with the HR & AR programs, legalizing semi-auto loading weapons for hunting, Sunday hunting is just a few more baby-boomers away.   

Wait....... what was I saying, dam old-timers, oh yeah so after Yinz get your Sunday hunting what should be given to yinz next?   A Moose behind every tree?

FYI, when you reach the age now held by those middle aged men [oops forgetted ladies] of yesteryear, good luck finding that elusive PA White Tailed Deer, behind any tree.

That's all I am saying but, that's just me being me.
post edited by BeenThereDoneThat. - 2018/02/16 09:55:05

Give a man a fish and you will feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you will feed him for a life time. ~Anne Isabella Thackeray Ritchie (1837–1919)~

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 11:51:24 (permalink)
dpms, 
I think you had it right.
Grumpy old curmudgeon doesn't want it, so no one else should....
Everything written in the above post is nonsensical, sooooooo, it just has to be old age.
Happy Friday!

Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 2852
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 12:45:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Fisherlady2 2018/02/16 20:13:05
Personally/selfishly I'd love to have Sunday hunting in PA.

Pragmatically, I think PA is a bit unique and think the potential for harm outweighs the potential for good.

We've got the highest hunter density of any state in the country. Although public land is abundant, our hunting heritage is still highly dependent on the generosity and good will of private landowners. Most properties I hunt are owned by folks that don't hunt, but I know that they appreciate having one day a week where nobody is hunting their property. The PGC could implement Sunday hunting and say the onus is on the landowner to tell hunters that Sunday hunting is not permitted on their property. Easy on the smaller properties I hunt but I could see many larger landowners deciding to just post their land to all hunting because they don't want the hassle of patrolling their property on a Sunday.

Sunday hunting is appealing for many of us because it's often the least busy day of the week for many of us. I would think it would be a turn off to many landowners for the same reason.

Speaking of kool aid, my generation (I'm 43) has been chugging the kool aid that makes us think we have to keep our kids as busy as we can with sports and other activities. I took a few sips a few years ago with my now 14 year old son and baseball. Put him in a high level AAU program because we got a big discount because he was really good and a team really wanted him. We pretty much committed to baseball three times a week and every weekend from April through July. He did very well against some of the best competition in the western half of the state but he hated that it basically eliminated fishing that spring and summer and so we put him in a program with a lot less time commitment the past two seasons and this season coming up. He's much happier that we have time to fish a lot and that he still gets to play baseball at a high level. I'm much happier and I see how miserable many families are dropping $4000 a year on training and travel with no free time because they're convinced their kids are D1 or pro talents when in reality half won't even play in high school because they'll be burned out.

He'll be a freshman next year and really thought long and hard about signing up for football again after taking a few years off. We talked through it and he decided not to play - even though he's got the athleticism, work ethic and body type to play beyond high school if he avoids injury - because he wants to have all of October and most of November to hunt and fish because he knows that once JV hoops starts the week of Thanksgiving he'll have very little time to do either one. Entirely his choice, but he's defined what his priorities are and I think he made a very wise choice.

It's all about priorities when we're talking about why hunter numbers are dwindling. The opportunities in PA have never been greater for getting youngsters involved with the statewide legalization of crossbows, the Mentored program, early muzzle loader, youth doe hunts, youth waterfowl and youth pheasant days.

As I said, I'd gladly hunt on Sundays if I could but I don't think for one minute that adding an extra day a week will magically increase hunting participation in PA for those who don't already make it a priority for themselves and their kids.

I love the Mentored Program and my son started hunting when he was 9. But those I know who took advantage of that program were already committed to teaching their kids to hunt no matter what age they were allowed to start. Is there any data that suggests the Mentored program has helped to recruit and retain more PA hunters? I doubt it based on the numbers that continue to show declining participation, but maybe I'm wrong.

Priorities are what make the difference.
BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 14:19:18 (permalink)
eyesandgillz
dpms, 
I think you had it right.
Grumpy old curmudgeon doesn't want it, so no one else should....
Everything written in the above post is nonsensical, sooooooo, it just has to be old age.
Happy Friday!

Really  "Grumpy old curmudgeon"  and "it's old age" is the best you can do?    That's your defense,  demeaning name calling and that's,  your response? 

Well thank you very much because it proves I am correct in saying people like you, think somebody else owes you everything because that's what you want.  

FYI eyesandgills, I'm no older in your eyes than you are in the eyes, of a teenager.  The difference between you and me; I am able to enjoy my "Golden Years", not sitting around whining about gimme's,  and I am still going strong. 

Oh, about that difference in age between you and a teenager, welcome to the curmudgeon club.... ole boy! 

dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 14:30:26 (permalink)
rsquared
As I said, I'd gladly hunt on Sundays if I could but I don't think for one minute that adding an extra day a week will magically increase hunting participation in PA for those who don't already make it a priority for themselves and their kids.

I love the Mentored Program and my son started hunting when he was 9. But those I know who took advantage of that program were already committed to teaching their kids to hunt no matter what age they were allowed to start. Is there any data that suggests the Mentored program has helped to recruit and retain more PA hunters? I doubt it based on the numbers that continue to show declining participation, but maybe I'm wrong.

I don't think you are wrong in the above points as I also believe that allowing Sunday hunting will not measurable increase participation or slow the decline in hunter numbers. Increasing recruitment is not why I support it. 

My support is primarily based on one point, and secondarily on another. 

First, I believe game agencies should be regulating hunting. In this state we have a law that grants politicians the responsibility to regulate hunting 52 days of the year. The discussion of when and where to implement SH should be in front of Commissioners at public PGC meetings, not within the halls of the capital building. 

Second. Participation is dropping like a stone. Deer hunting down close to 50%, small game down 70%, fall turkey down 60% over the past 20 years. For hunters that still hunt, why are we willingly allowing barriers to remain which keep hunters that want to hunt from hunting on their days off during open seasons. 

eyesandgillz
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 14:57:43 (permalink)
Hey, I think we should be able to buy a car on Sunday too.....just sayin'......

Old blue laws should go the way of the dodo.....

Let the landowners decide if they want to allow Sunday hunting or not.  They can easily say now if they want to let people hunt their land AT ALL, and it isn't ANY stretch for those that want to keep Sunday for themselves to say, "ok mr. hunter, you can hunt my land but please, no Sundays." 

Pretty simple.

How ya been Dave???? 

Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 15:25:49 (permalink)
Other states, and PA to a lesser extent, already do that to some extent dpms.

When I lived and hunted in both NC and KY, both states restricted which days of the week you could hunt on some state owned lands. General season firearm Deer hunting on public lands in KY was through a drawing and access was restricted to certain days. Waterfowl on some public lands in NC was limited to like 2 or 3 days a week even though seasons were open statewide.

Why in PA can you only hunt crows on Friday, Saturday and Sunday? Aren't the hunting opportunities for waterfowl at Pymy and Middle Creek restricted to certain days?

Granted, all those examples have to do with conservation, and not social perception so it's a little different, but the point is that PA and other states already do that.

I do understand your point though of at least giving the PGC regulatory control of that as game agencies in other states have in the examples cited above. My guess is that the hesitancy on the part of lawmakers has to do with hearing from their constituents on the matter that they do not want it.

Even in this discussion we've got two guys who hunt on their own property - BTDT and DarDys - with differing opinions on the matter. 2 of 3 landowners whose property I hunt regularly would not like it. 1 couldn't care less. Very, very small sample sizes but I would imagine that there are many landowners in PA that would be very upset about Sunday hunting.

As I said I'm certainly not opposed to SH and would participate if given the opportunity. I think from my own experiences and purely anecdotal evidence - both very small and limited - that there's potential for it to create more problems than opportunities, but hopefully I'd be wrong.
DarDys
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 15:43:33 (permalink)
I personally know of no landowners who would not want to hunt their property on Sunday. For those that are opposed to it, just don’t do it.

Now, that being written, those same landowners post their property and restrict access, so it is easy for them to make that decision. For those whom permit public access to their property, the decision and the enforcement of not permitting Sunday hunting would be far more difficult.

This same discussion took place, as my father relayed to me (I’m old, but not that old) concerning fishing on Sunday, something which was not permitted on Sundays because landowners would post their property if hordes of anglers (and one must admit, since this was centered around trout st the time, that there were far more trout anglers crowded around a stream than hunters concentrated in the same size area) descended up their Sunday tranquility. Obviously, that didn’t happen.

dpms
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 16:20:22 (permalink)
DarDys
I personally know of no landowners who would not want to hunt their property on Sunday. For those that are opposed to it, just don’t do it.

Same with me. None of the private property I hunt would be off limits to myself or others on Sundays if it were allowed. 

But I understand that there will be some landowners that won't allow it. As for the comments that landowners will shut down their land to all hunting 7 days of the week if SH were to become legal, I believe it will be a very tiny number that go to that extreme. Those that do will most likely open it back up in time when the sky doesn't fall and people accept it for what it is, which is a non issue. 

This same discussion took place, as my father relayed to me (I’m old, but not that old) concerning fishing on Sunday, something which was not permitted on Sundays because landowners would post their property if hordes of anglers (and one must admit, since this was centered around trout st the time, that there were far more trout anglers crowded around a stream than hunters concentrated in the same size area) descended up their Sunday tranquility. Obviously, that didn’t happen.

Yep. Sunday fishing used to be illegal. On that point, fishing on private property is more common  than hunting on private property, according to a study I saw, so trespass is more likely to happen with fishing than hunting. 

post edited by dpms - 2018/02/16 16:36:40

BeenThereDoneThat.
Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 17:14:31 (permalink)
I've said it before and I'll say it again, the PLA is a powerful lobby group in PA.  However, that being said etc, etc, etc, I do not believe it is the PLA preventing Sunday hunting in PA.    The PLA does not represent the PA. State Game Lands nor the millions of acres of forest still owned or under control by the paper mills.

Yet  Sunday hunting is only permitted on State Game Lands in the same manner as on private land.  Nay some say, opening State Game Lands to Sunday hunting would cause over harvesting then in the same breath, say private land owners wouldn't be burdened by or over run with hunters which leads me to believe "some" here want their cake, and eat it too.  Except the cake belongs to somebody else.

Certainly I agree, land owners could post their land if they don't want Sunday hunting and certainly I agree, with any land owner who does post their land.  The question now, will the land owner agree to allow any hunting at all?

As for fishing in PA. on Sundays, I must say, it is nice fishing at least one day out of the week during firearms season and not wonder which direction the shots are heading.   Oh.... and it is super nice having at least one day where I don't have to flip a coin to decide what I shall be doing, heads I hunt tails I fish.

Pro Angler
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 20:47:22 (permalink)
eyesandgillz

How ya been Dave???? 

Doing good Justin!  How 'bout yinz?
Big Tuna
Pro Angler
  • Total Posts : 1882
Re: New Sunday hunting push? 2018/02/16 22:03:45 (permalink)
I've killed many squirrel,rabbits,and deer on Sunday. Just not in Pa. Spend 164.00 and I go to Ohio. Been going there since 92 on a regular basis. PGC will do whatever they want with or without your consent. I'd be fine with either yea or nay. I'm not waiting for them. 
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to: