Author
bassackwards
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 161
  • Reward points: 0
2017/08/17 10:15:45 (permalink)

Looking to catfish tomorrow, PYMY.

Hi guys, 

It looks like I won't be able to get up on Erie tomorrow with the current wave forecast (keeps building), now calling for 6-7 footers, with an occasional 9 footer. I have some family coming up and looks like I might be taking them inland for a day until Erie calms down. 

Any advice or rough depths to target some catfish ? North or south end ? Not looking for monsters in particular, just hoping to get some consistent action, and maybe take 3 or 4 smaller ones home for the fryer. 

In the past during August I have went out around Harris island, but always get a lot of snags. But....I always did decent. Never really fished the south end much, but that end is better suited for my rig with the ability to stay in some deeper water. 

Thanks !!

2 Replies Related Threads

ICE NUT
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1257
    Re: Looking to catfish tomorrow, PYMY. 2017/08/17 13:53:20 (permalink)
    South end for sure Jamestown area fish the deeper water with crawlers you will load up probably caught 30 in 2 days.some huge some small but lots of cats Mostly 18 to 25 fow just off the bottom.
    CRAPPIE_SLAYER
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1156
    Re: Looking to catfish tomorrow, PYMY. 2017/08/18 05:44:13 (permalink)
    Did a lot of drift fishing with jigs and crawlers just off the bottom this year just as ice nut said. Couldn't keep the cats off my lines. Just about anywhere on the south end from 14-20 fow produced them. Haven't been to pymy for a few weeks so I can't say how they are hitting now. Good luck!
    Jump to: