2Weeks- R U ready?

Author
Cast Master
New Angler
  • Total Posts : 8
  • Reward points: 0
2007/04/15 06:40:19 (permalink)

2Weeks- R U ready?

Well guys spring turkey season is 2 weeks out, have you been out scouting or locating turkey sign? I've located a nice flock in unit 2B and have been watching and listening to them for 3 weeks now. All of my calls are cleaned and tuned, decoys checked and set up to remove any excess creases, gun patterened cleaned and ready to go. In case you can't tell I can hardly wait! 2 WEEKS IS A LONG TIME! LOL come-on already. I'll just continue to practice calling while at home and driving around.AHHHHHHHHH!!! HURRY UP !

Good luck to all of you and remember safty first,ain't no turkey worth your life or a trip to the local hospital. ALWAYS ID that target before you shoot. Goosd luck and be safe.

4 Replies Related Threads

roehoe
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 28
    RE: 2Weeks- R U ready? 2007/04/16 16:35:51 (permalink)
    Season,looks to be a little behind this year,first couple weeks,may be difficult,due to the hand mother nature has delt us,this spring ?
    I'm still seen'in flocks of 30 & 40+ birds,in the valley,though they have begun,to split up a bit,last week
    steelydaze
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 376
    RE: 2Weeks- R U ready? 2007/04/16 16:46:04 (permalink)
     Haven't even begun scouting, this weather is awful.
    ready2fish
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 787
    RE: 2Weeks- R U ready? 2007/04/16 21:49:58 (permalink)
    I'm ready but don't really scout. I used to scout for weeks prior to the first day but last couple years I scouted as I hunted.
    I find it more of a challenge now plus I can hunt nearly every day.
    Cast Master
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: 2Weeks- R U ready? 2007/04/16 23:03:55 (permalink)
    I agree it seems that season is a little behind, I know during that warm spell in March turkeys were almost everywhere.It seemed once it got cold again that kinda slowed down. Although today I driving through game lands 203 and saw 1, yes 1 jake walking through the woods in no hurry to go anywhere.I stopped and watched him for about 5 mins as he scratched and feed.

I know what your saying Ready2fish as far as scouting goes. But this year I'm off work for the next 5 months and will be able to hunt almost every day too. I think thats whats got me so fired up this year. The opener won't come soon enough!

CM
    Jump to: