has anyone fished Canadaway Creek???

Author
johnnyb
Avid Angler
  • Total Posts : 132
  • Reward points: 0
2008/01/27 17:11:17 (permalink)

has anyone fished Canadaway Creek???

I read an article recently in one of the magazines about Canadaway Creek near Dunkirk NY..it stated that the Steelhead fisherie was much better than SR, as in more hook ups per hour???  Has anyone fished up there and if so is there any truth to the article, the distance from the SR is not that bad so I'm thinking maybe next trip up I'll give it a shot.. Any info as to where, in access points, and stream conditions flow etc.  I'm always looking for a new place to try so any ifo is greatly appreciated..

PS...since I'm in NJ I visited the fly show over the weekend. was it me or did it just suck this time around... more geared to booking that pricy trip than anything else...LOL

4 Replies Related Threads

Foxfire
    New Angler
    • Total Posts : 29
    RE: has anyone fished Canadaway Creek??? 2008/01/27 17:35:12 (permalink)
    The creek you mentioned is frozen over. Also, keep in mind that all streams coming from Lake Erie are very good steelhead streams. I believe that Canadaway is almost all privately owned with minimal public access. (Again not 100% sure of this). I also cannot speak about access points as I've never fished this stream. Not into a 2 to 3 hour drive when I can go 45 minutes and have all of this fishing that I want.

A co-worker just bought a place on it and I'll give it a try this Spring or next fall.
    avidangler
    Expert Angler
    • Total Posts : 835
    RE: has anyone fished Canadaway Creek??? 2008/01/27 21:17:41 (permalink)
    Canadways about a 15 minute ride out of PA.  Fairly small stream and limited access.  About one fifth the size of salmon river.  Not a stream that I would travel a great distance to fish with limited access and small size.  Try another stream in new york in my opinion.

Born to fish, Forced to work...

"Balls deep, or why even bother"
    elephanthead
    Pro Angler
    • Total Posts : 1057
    RE: has anyone fished Canadaway Creek??? 2008/01/28 10:15:34 (permalink)
    Very small and as of late, overcrowded. Haven't fished it for 2-3 years. Last time by didn't fish due to the # of folks there. Have had decent success in years past before the word got out.
    johnnyb
    Avid Angler
    • Total Posts : 132
    RE: has anyone fished Canadaway Creek??? 2008/01/28 16:15:01 (permalink)
    Thanks guys for the info..guess I'll just stay with the Samlon River... If I'm gonna go just 15 min outside PA, then I might as well fish the erie tribs...

Hey it was worth a try!  thanks again
    Jump to: